• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's nice to get a sense of what's going on on your end. Thanks for claring things up.
No problemo!

Firstly... Those PM Devs are some sneeeeeeeaaaky little buggers! I was hoping I had more time before I had to really start buckling down with the updates.... Announcing a release date TWO days away... I'm already bogged down enough as it is! Haha... At least my work schedule is starting to slow down a bit...

And this... this is why I waited to do Alt Ganon... lol... I'm gonna have to completely redo his .sawnd file anyway:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Will these work with 3.5? Or do we have to wait for an update to make it compatible?
Gotta wait for the update. Don't worry I won't be slow with em! Lol. If I didn't have to work overtime tomorrow I'd have them all done then. Soooo I'm gonna say Sunday. That'll be my next day with some free time... Although it won't be much.

PolarNasu

Smash Cadet
So I have a question, would it be possible to do what you did with Link with two voices? Like for Marth/Lucina, Brawl Fox/Melee Fox, Brawl Falco/Melee Falco, Brawl Ganon/Melee Ganon?

Obskore

Smash Ace
So I have a question, would it be possible to do what you did with Link with two voices? Like for Marth/Lucina, Brawl Fox/Melee Fox, Brawl Falco/Melee Falco, Brawl Ganon/Melee Ganon?
if you checked earlier posts, Melee/Brawl ganon is going to be a thing thanks to Amazerommu, but as for Falco, Marth and Fox, i don't think it's been even clarified
also, there's no way there would be a Lucina alt sfx pack, because there's no lucina costume for PM, unless there's someone who is willing to rig one to replace the Holy War Marth slots or something

PolarNasu

Smash Cadet
if you checked earlier posts, Melee/Brawl ganon is going to be a thing thanks to Amazerommu, but as for Falco, Marth and Fox, i don't think it's been even clarified
also, there's no way there would be a Lucina alt sfx pack, because there's no lucina costume for PM, unless there's someone who is willing to rig one to replace the Holy War Marth slots or something
I mean if Amazerommu was willing to make the voice pack for Marth/Lucina, there exists a Lucina Import on the Vault.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I mean if Amazerommu was willing to make the voice pack for Marth/Lucina, there exists a Lucina Import on the Vault.
I am already planning on Fox and Falco as well... As for Marth/Lucina... that one would be quite the task. Marth's .sawnd file is already nearly packed to capacity thanks to having 8 million different Dancing Blade voice clips... (That's an exaggeration but you know what I mean...) They'd both have near that amount of voice clips which would really be a tough one to do. I could try tho... haha

FalconAnon

Smash Rookie
Hey, when you do Falcon's Melee voice for 3.5, could you make his wavedash/landing on the ground sound effect quieter? It's a really loud thud in vanilla, would sound super good if it was silent like in Melee.

Riddlrr

Smash Rookie
Just a heads up, Marth, Roy's, and Link's sword swooshes are brand new sfx! Melee inspired but they work better in the brawl engine than a straight melee rip. And T-Link has Wind Waker inspired swooshes. So before you go replacing, take a listen!

Edit: We also have some more sfx changes in the works, so keep you rears open :D

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
it should just be melee SFX with new sounds if thats what they're doing

FalconAnon

Smash Rookie
I would love if remade/remastered Melee sound effects were part of the standard PM release. The new sword sounds are good, imagine if they redid all the sounds.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So will there be a 3.5 version of this? Please do it, I would love you forever.
I wish I could see that right now... Site being down and such... and such. What is this?

Hey, when you do Falcon's Melee voice for 3.5, could you make his wavedash/landing on the ground sound effect quieter? It's a really loud thud in vanilla, would sound super good if it was silent like in Melee.
Dood I know lol it's obnoxiously loud. I'm gonna go through and redo purteh much everybody with added footsteps and landing sounds. (Starting tonight) Remember spacy sort of... idk 'cotton-y' footsteps? Yeah... That thing...

Just curious, but how's the progress with updating the SFX to 3.5 going?
^ That thing I said to FalconAnon... I'm just starting. I'll update frequently as things get did.

Just a heads up, Marth, Roy's, and Link's sword swooshes are brand new sfx! Melee inspired but they work better in the brawl engine than a straight melee rip. And T-Link has Wind Waker inspired swooshes. So before you go replacing, take a listen!

Edit: We also have some more sfx changes in the works, so keep you rears open :D
Nice advertisement lol. I noticed the sfx changes immediately. They are quite nice. Marth's sword doesn't sound like a wimpy paper towel sliding across sandpaper now... Still not as powerful sounding as Melee sword sfx tho imo. Buuuut my rear... ummmm halp?

it should just be melee SFX with new sounds if thats what they're doing
How about Melee SFX combined with Smash 4 SFX? lol not that I'm actually working on that or anything... But some of the Brawl chars will probably get that sorta option made for them. Probably... idk... haha.

I would love if remade/remastered Melee sound effects were part of the standard PM release. The new sword sounds are good, imagine if they redid all the sounds.
I would love some diff hit sfx and such.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
All SFX Melee replacement pack for 3.0. Your most downloaded thing.
Oh yeah that'll definitely get updated! lol how could I not even...? Your wish will be granted.

Also I forgot to mention, Ganon and Link are gonna get an extra bit of attention this time around, especially for their Alt voices... just to make sure Ocarina and Navi taunts still work for Link... and for Ganon cause.... well he's become a true OoT King of Evil! haha

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure he's working on it when he can. There's probably some real life shenanigans getting in the way.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'm sure he's working on it when he can. There's probably some real life shenanigans getting in the way.
I have been working on these... And you know what just happened to me? Some rrrrreeeeeeeeeaaally infuriating stuff. Had stuff from like the past two days kinda just sitting... unsaved. Unplugged something from one of my front USB Ports... and the frackin POS blue screened... Soooo much fuuuuun. Soooo much work lost... Le sigh... I won't be able to do much over this weekend either. I wish I had a laptop again. I'd be able to spend a lot more time updating while I'm traveling and such...

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Will you be doing versions of Fox/Falco/Ganondorf/Link that keep the Brawl sfx but add the Melee voices?

kazan

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I'm new to this thread, but i was reading through the OP and i realized that there was nothing about the menu sfx.
Do you think you'll be doing these as well? ;u;

Obskore

Smash Ace
Sorry, I'm new to this thread, but i was reading through the OP and i realized that there was nothing about the menu sfx.
they're included, they were first introduced as a surprise, but they're there

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Will you be doing versions of Fox/Falco/Ganondorf/Link that keep the Brawl sfx but add the Melee voices?
I'm not sure the Melee voices would appreciate that... LOL jk. I might do that at some point. Actually if you want those kinds of hacks you can probably -probably- already find them on Brawl Vault somewhere...

they're included, they were first introduced as a surprise, but they're there
^ Wat he had sed.

Also guise I promise I'm working on updating Melee SFX for 3.5. I'm gonna update everything at once tho cause I'm kinda doing a very small overhaul. There's gonna be more options to choose from and some things that should've been edited/changed a long time ago are having that done. Also more space for sounds for some characters will be a bi-product! Meaning more room for alt vfx! (The only one thus far who may need that extra room is Ganon... But I doubt it'll be an issue.)

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure the Melee voices would appreciate that... LOL jk. I might do that at some point. Actually if you want those kinds of hacks you can probably -probably- already find them on Brawl Vault somewhere...
This would actually be awesome and I would adore you more than I already do for your previous work.
Speaking of Brawl Vault, that site needs to stop being screwy and load properly.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
QUESTION! How many of you would like if some of the other chars with somewhat notable voice differences were given both Melee and Brawl voices? Specifically Luigi and Bowser come to mind haha. Like... Mr. L Weegee could have Melee Weegee's voice... or Brawl Weegee's voice... whichever... And Dry Bones Bowser could have Melee or Brawl voice as well... Thoughts?

Also small update: 3.5 things are about 1/3rd of the way complete. The slowness... I know it is maximum but I'm spending literally as much time as possible getting things updated! Haha. I'm shooting for the middle of the month for everything to be updated and such.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
QUESTION! How many of you would like if some of the other chars with somewhat notable voice differences were given both Melee and Brawl voices? Specifically Luigi and Bowser come to mind haha. Like... Mr. L Weegee could have Melee Weegee's voice... or Brawl Weegee's voice... whichever... And Dry Bones Bowser could have Melee or Brawl voice as well... Thoughts?

Also small update: 3.5 things are about 1/3rd of the way complete. The slowness... I know it is maximum but I'm spending literally as much time as possible getting things updated! Haha. I'm shooting for the middle of the month for everything to be updated and such.
let everyone know when you're done on this thread, I can't wait!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Alternate voices would be awesome! Here's my thoughts:

Dry Bowser ------------ Mario Kart Wii voice
Beat Sonic ------------- Beat
Ryucario ---------------- Smash 4 Lucario
Retro Capt. Falcon - Smash N64 Captain Falcon
Retro Samus ---------- Smash N64 Samus
Retro Pit ---------------- Retro Pit keeps Brawl voice, all other costumes get Smash 4 Pit
Dr. Mario --------------- Brawl Mario
Melee Fox ------------- Melee Fox
Melee Falco ---------- Melee Falco
OoT Link --------------- OoT Link has Melee voice, all other costumes keep Brawl voice
OoT Zelda/Sheik --- OoT Zelda/Sheik has Melee voice, all other costumes keep Brawl voice
OoT Ganondorf ------ OoT Ganondorf has Melee voice, all other costumes keep Brawl voice
I like your idea of Mr. L having Melee Luigi's voice.

Sorry if that sounds like a lot, you don't have to do them all. :p

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
If you're gonna mention Smash 4 voices, I think having Dark Pit's voice for Pit's black costume only would be cool.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Alternate voices would be awesome! Here's my thoughts:

Dry Bowser ------------ Mario Kart Wii voice
Beat Sonic ------------- Beat
Ryucario ---------------- Smash 4 Lucario
Retro Capt. Falcon - Smash N64 Captain Falcon
Retro Samus ---------- Smash N64 Samus
Retro Pit ---------------- Retro Pit keeps Brawl voice, all other costumes get Smash 4 Pit
Dr. Mario --------------- Brawl Mario
Melee Fox ------------- Melee Fox
Melee Falco ---------- Melee Falco
OoT Link --------------- OoT Link has Melee voice, all other costumes keep Brawl voice
OoT Zelda/Sheik --- OoT Zelda/Sheik has Melee voice, all other costumes keep Brawl voice
OoT Ganondorf ------ OoT Ganondorf has Melee voice, all other costumes keep Brawl voice
I like your idea of Mr. L having Melee Luigi's voice.

Sorry if that sounds like a lot, you don't have to do them all. :p
That is a lot lol. I like the Retro Pit idea the most... combined with:
If you're gonna mention Smash 4 voices, I think having Dark Pit's voice for Pit's black costume only would be cool.
This idea. This is also good.
Honestly, I get rid of Luigi and Bowser's Brawl Voices all together. They're terrible!
Lol those are literally the only two Brawl voices I like.

I'm actually thinking... If I can rip some sounds from Smash 4... Wii U, the rest of the Brawl cast can have better quality voices combined with Melee sfx.

Obskore

Smash Ace
That is a lot lol. I like the Retro Pit idea the most... combined with:

This idea. This is also good.

Lol those are literally the only two Brawl voices I like.

I'm actually thinking... If I can rip some sounds from Smash 4... Wii U, the rest of the Brawl cast can have better quality voices combined with Melee sfx.
i'm down for Smash 4 voice packs

TPW_ThatOneGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerry-ThatOneGuy
3DS FC
3239-4044-4959
As cool as this sounds, will you have a pack that just replaces the Brawl voices/SFX with Melee voices/SFX, and has the cool Alt. VFX for the Melee alt. costumes? I don't feel like I would enjoy much of all the extraneous stuff, personally.
Keep up the good work!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
As cool as this sounds, will you have a pack that just replaces the Brawl voices/SFX with Melee voices/SFX, and has the cool Alt. VFX for the Melee alt. costumes? I don't feel like I would enjoy much of all the extraneous stuff, personally.
Keep up the good work!
Ya it's just optional ideas I'm possibly maybe considering once things are fully complete (which is gonna be a while anyway haha)
This is gonna take forever, huh. Waiting on bated breath for the 3.5 update.
Actually sir (or ma'am?) I'm almost done. I have..... 3 chars left to update at the moment! And I'm gonna try to get at least one or two of them done when I get back home tonight.
Soooooooooooo update almost heeeeeeeeerre! I'm excited to be able to use these again myself finally! Haha

Edit:
i'm down for Smash 4 voice packs
Also for whatever reason Obskore your avatar pic is hilarious!

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Ama I have a baller idea. Why not have WarioWare outfit Wario keep the Brawl voice but have classic Wario have his old N64 Mario Party voice samples, since Melee reused N64 samples a lot.

Last edited:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Maybe give Boxer DK his DKCR voice? AND PURPLE LUIGI WALUIGI'S VOICE.

If Diddy had an alternate to throw his usual (i.e. Mario Kart, Tennis, I think DKCR?) voice on, I personally think that'd be great. But it'd probably be best to leave it as is.

Obskore

Smash Ace
btw, will next update have the subtle sound that plays during grabs?
and also that other subtle sound that plays when Marth shields or rolls (when he sheathes his sword)

i noticed that in previous versions, grabs played the Melee ledgegrab sound (because brawl uses that same sound for grabs and ledgegrabs), and other previous versions played the normal grab sound normally during grabs, but it also played during ledgegrabs (because already explained)

i also miss the woosh-like sounds that played in Melee along the yells that characters made when launched hard enough, or that burning sound that lasts a bit after fire attacks, just like it did with electric attacks or the shine (see: TEH KNEE)
it went like: KNEE>PAIN YELL>HARD "KICK" SOUND>HEAVY WOOSH>ELECTRIC FIZZING>SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

will it be fixed in the new update? i'm not being bossy btw, keep it spicy <3

Top Bottom