• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I've run into a strange issue with your melee voicepack again. and the problem seems to be Roy again. Whenever he's in a match this sound effect starts in the background that sounds like a car running and continues to play until the match ends, regardless of whether roy is even still in the match anymore. I doesn't interfere with any of roy's voice clips and the airdodging sound is fixed...but even when he dies the noise just keeps going. a little help please?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey, I've run into a strange issue with your melee voicepack again. and the problem seems to be Roy again. Whenever he's in a match this sound effect starts in the background that sounds like a car running and continues to play until the match ends, regardless of whether roy is even still in the match anymore. I doesn't interfere with any of roy's voice clips and the airdodging sound is fixed...but even when he dies the noise just keeps going. a little help please?
You forgot to replace his .sawnd file most likely lol. 325.sawnd. What happened to you is the same way I found out the PMBR didn't empty out all of Duon's sounds when adding Roy's SFX haha. You'll see what that sound is supposed to be once you replace it. Tell me if it's better! Or rather appropriate... whatever...

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Any chance of you fixing this, it's pretty annoying lol.
Firstly I wanna say ur profile pic continuously cracks me up lmao...

And yes... I'm not sure what to do about it for sure... Getting rid of it would certainly fix it... but I ain't tryna do dat of course... Ummm I could make it play the sound later, but not so late that the sound seems unsync'd... Actually yeah I think I'll try that. One or 2 frames I think would be okay.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol thank you, that's what I strive for actually, with this pic at least. Whatever you feel is necessary, so long as it's not annoying to hear in succession, I trust your decision.

Wolfeh123

Smash Rookie
Marth sounds nothing like in the video. Every other chararcter's SFX I've replaced from this works fine. Am I doing something wrong with Marth?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Marth sounds nothing like in the video. Every other chararcter's SFX I've replaced from this works fine. Am I doing something wrong with Marth?
Are you the same person that sent me the message ooooooooooooon... reddit? Or nah?

Edit: Nvm checked reddit just nao... lol.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Oh yeah guise! Since OoT Ganon is a thing in PM nao... I was thinking about waiting to finish 12 Costume Alt Ganon VFX until after that's released... I really want someone to reverse engineer that Alt Costume Engine code so we can use it at will... Prolly won't ever happen buuuut... whatevs.

ANYWAY! I really already know the answer to this... buuuuuut is that a good idea? Or bad idea? My reasoning is post-poning him (it's kinda troublesome atm) will give me time to finish the other characters in a more timely fashion... But if you guys want heem nao... I can devote my wee bit of time to his production. Also... include Triforce Ganon along with Sword Ganon or just Sword Ganon?

Edit: Also does anyone happen to know if cBliss messes with alt team colors... like if you add the one extra costume to Link... does that make cBliss take priority and not allow the OoT version in teams?

Last edited:

Wolfeh123

Smash Rookie
Are you the same person that sent me the message ooooooooooooon... reddit? Or nah?

Edit: Nvm checked reddit just nao... lol.
Yea, like I said on reddit, the problem was I didn't realize sword sound effects were kept in 7. I thought everything was included in this specific file but it turned out to be the voice only. Thanks for the response though. After finding out the problem, it works perfectly.

okamitns

Smash Rookie
can someone give me a new link with the smashbros_sound.brsar for project m 3.02 because my files didnt include it and also the link is broken ... one more thing and which folder do i place it so that it will work...

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Lol thank you, that's what I strive for actually, with this pic at least. Whatever you feel is necessary, so long as it's not annoying to hear in succession, I trust your decision.
Try out Mewtwo nao. I added a 1-frame delay for that sound effect. It doesn't sound out of place and now only plays when you don't do a perfect wavedash/waveland. I think you'll find he makes a lot less noise... that is if you are good at wavedashing and such.

can someone give me a new link with the smashbros_sound.brsar for project m 3.02 because my files didnt include it and also the link is broken ... one more thing and which folder do i place it so that it will work...
You don't need the smashbros_sound.brsar file for these mods to work. Wait... have I not gotten rid of that old stuff in the OP yet? lol Anyway all you need are each individual character mod and 7.sawnd which is in the General SFX download. And if you don't want any of the special FitDood.pac files... you can just extract the 'projectm' folder in each download onto the root of your SD Card.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
So I was a Melee Marth main, and have always felt Project M's Marth felt somehow off - I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Now I don't know what to believe, because I just put these Melee sounds in, and now everything feels so much better. Still not perfect, but it's the margin of error I expect from the slightly different physics engine. I guess a lot of my perceived problems were just mental after hearing his weak-sounding Brawl effects.

Thank you, IE/@ Amazerommu Amazerommu . You've reunited me with a beloved character.

Last edited:

Wolfeh123

Smash Rookie
Try out Mewtwo nao. I added a 1-frame delay for that sound effect. It doesn't sound out of place and now only plays when you don't do a perfect wavedash/waveland. I think you'll find he makes a lot less noise... that is if you are good at wavedashing and such.

You don't need the smashbros_sound.brsar file for these mods to work. Wait... have I not gotten rid of that old stuff in the OP yet? lol Anyway all you need are each individual character mod and 7.sawnd which is in the General SFX download. And if you don't want any of the special FitDood.pac files... you can just extract the 'projectm' folder in each download onto the root of your SD Card.
Just a random question, do you still need to inject the sounds in the brsar file if you build an iso out of a build with custom sounds?

Prynne

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I really don't know if this has been answered already or not, because I've been hunting through this thread for 3 days now. Subsequently, I apologize if this is the same question that someone has asked before.

I'm attempting to get the Marth Melee sound files on my Homebrew version of PM. I put the 7.sawnd and the 26.sawnd files in the sfx folder, inside the pf folder, inside the projectm folder. When Marth swings the sword it makes no noise, but when he hits someone the Melee sound file for the hit plays. When I charge the neutral B, the sound file starts and then keeps going for the full charge of the move even if I've let it go. Could you please help?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Just a random question, do you still need to inject the sounds in the brsar file if you build an iso out of a build with custom sounds?
Yes yew dew. And I'm sure you know you have to replace the brsar on the ISO as well with... whatever that software is called. Wii Scrubber? Also it can't be larger than the original brsar file... But since I'm a badass you don't have to worry about that anyway, unless you're only using chars like Ganondorf or Marth... Not sure why Ganon's .sawnd file is so much larger than normal... But it will be reduced (It has to be for that alt Ganon mod that will happen... will happen. It will... will... will happen.)

Ok, so I really don't know if this has been answered already or not, because I've been hunting through this thread for 3 days now. Subsequently, I apologize if this is the same question that someone has asked before.

I'm attempting to get the Marth Melee sound files on my Homebrew version of PM. I put the 7.sawnd and the 26.sawnd files in the sfx folder, inside the pf folder, inside the projectm folder. When Marth swings the sword it makes no noise, but when he hits someone the Melee sound file for the hit plays. When I charge the neutral B, the sound file starts and then keeps going for the full charge of the move even if I've let it go. Could you please help?
You forgot to replace FitMarth.pac. Lol there's been at least one other person who did that haha.

So I was a Melee Marth main, and have always felt Project M's Marth felt somehow off - I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Now I don't know what to believe, because I just put these Melee sounds in, and now everything feels so much better. Still not perfect, but it's the margin of error I expect from the slightly different physics engine. I guess a lot of my perceived problems were just mental after hearing his weak-sounding Brawl effects.

Thank you, IE/@ Amazerommu Amazerommu . You've reunited me with a beloved character.
So... I saw this last night in my email and... I felt like if gotten everything I ever wanted and more for Christmas after reading this! So thank you for that. Lol these kinds of comments make this whole thing worth while. And for the record, I felt the EXACT same way about Marth going from Melee to PM. Which is why I made this to fix it! Sword slashes sooooo weak in Brawl.

Note for all: Jigglypuff... is ridiculous... I don't know how to get the Neutral B to sound just like it does in Melee. HALP! Heheh...

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
I've done that (downloaded Marth), but whenever Marth uses Shield Breaker, the sound effect continues regardless of when I finish. It makes Shield Breaker too annoying to use, so I can't keep using the sawnd file, which makes me sad, because I otherwise like it.

Edit: Never mind, I see you've already answered that:
"You forgot to replace FitMarth.pac. Lol there's been at least one other person who did that haha."
I didn't realize that would make a difference! I didn't do it because I don't want the melee sprite, just sfx. Well, thanks for figuring this out and answering it though.
I just tried out the Smash 4 Marth and he looks just fine, plus the sounds are working great now! Thanks again Amazedommu for all your hard work! This is really amazing.

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Tried it out and it sounds perfect, well done sir. I await the next upadate.

Dragon_Vyn

Smash Rookie
@ Amazerommu Amazerommu , I love your work man, keep it up! I just want to know if all of these are really up to date...Reason I ask is because, after applying the melee sfx on pikachu, his up special seems to be buggy... I can somehow zig zag across the whole stage o_O...

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
@ Amazerommu Amazerommu , I love your work man, keep it up! I just want to know if all of these are really up to date...Reason I ask is because, after applying the melee sfx on pikachu, his up special seems to be buggy... I can somehow zig zag across the whole stage o_O...
Uuuuuuuh... That's new to me! Haha... Ummm is there a way you can show me this zig zagging across whole stages?

Rage83

Smash Ace
That would be an issue with Project M itself, not Amazerommu's Melee SFX.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
When are you Planning on putting in the Melee announcer?
He already exists lol... He's included in the general Melee SFX hack.

Your pic made me think you were gonna use window sound effects or something, haha that'd be great
Lol cause Internet Explorer Colress?

Also, for general thread diversion... I met Ryztiq Ryztiq at Big House 4 this past weekend. And I love him... That is all.... Wait no it's not. He informed me of some cool things that are gonna be in the next version of PM. But I'll never tell... Just know that he is awesome.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace

Also, for general thread diversion... I met Ryztiq Ryztiq at Big House 4 this past weekend. And I love him... That is all.... Wait no it's not. He informed me of some cool things that are gonna be in the next version of PM. But I'll never tell... Just know that he is awesome.
Cool, I was at the Big House 4 too! What an awesome tournament, it was my first national tournament and I had an absolute blast. I would definitely go to another national in the future, and hopefully I can meet you in the next one I go to. I love your SFX hacks. :happysheep:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Cool, I was at the Big House 4 too! What an awesome tournament, it was my first national tournament and I had an absolute blast. I would definitely go to another national in the future, and hopefully I can meet you in the next one I go to. I love your SFX hacks. :happysheep:
I believe that was technically my third national. Although I don't really count the DuQuon (sp?) hovel in Illinois as a national. Was an MLG qualifier with like 40 people lol. I was also at Super Sweet earlier this year... But Big Haus 4 was by far the most epic tourney ever. The top 8 was better than EVO! I played someone who also was fresh to the national turney scene. Captain... something. Had a pretty good Zelda.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah

Wait I did? I have terrible memory with faces and tags, could you remind me?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wait I did? I have terrible memory with faces and tags, could you remind me?
We met on Friday. If you remember I'm the one who wore the Mass Effect hoodie that you had to tell me was cool. Then we proceeded to talk about Smash... And then I and some friends were intrigued by that badass suitcase setup you had over yonder... Lol

Handy Man

Smash Ace
We met on Friday. If you remember I'm the one who wore the Mass Effect hoodie that you had to tell me was cool. Then we proceeded to talk about Smash... And then I and some friends were intrigued by that badass suitcase setup you had over yonder... Lol
Wait, that suitcase Project M setup with the "***** - IGN" and "The Big Booty" logos on the CSS was Theytah's? That was pretty hilarious.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Wait, that suitcase Project M setup with the "***** - IGN" and "The Big Booty" logos on the CSS was Theytah's? That was pretty hilarious.
Yep! It's lagless and has a capture card too :)
ahhhh, gotcha, I had no idea it was you! XD

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Any progress on the alt costume voice replacements? I recall the main problem being the star-KO SFX not being changeable or something, did that get fixed?

because if it did it really ought to make 3.5 owo

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Any progress on the alt costume voice replacements? I recall the main problem being the star-KO SFX not being changeable or something, did that get fixed?

because if it did it really ought to make 3.5 owo
DOOD I HATE ME SO MUCH! I could've sworn I responded to this years ago.... But to answer your question. No particular progress in the alt dept. I have been working on some other stuff-ish that you all may like... Possibly... haha. Nobody has fixed the issue of not being able to load alternate KO/Star-KO sfx on a costume-dependent basis, so that'll still be an issue.

(Also when 3.5 is released I WILL start to finally working on Alt Ganon... He'll be completely done except for ^ that thing)

Rage83

Smash Ace
DOOD I HATE ME SO MUCH! I could've sworn I responded to this years ago.... But to answer your question. No particular progress in the alt dept. I have been working on some other stuff-ish that you all may like... Possibly... haha. Nobody has fixed the issue of not being able to load alternate KO/Star-KO sfx on a costume-dependent basis, so that'll still be an issue.

(Also when 3.5 is released I WILL start to finally working on Alt Ganon... He'll be completely done except for ^ that thing)
It's nice to get a sense of what's going on on your end. Thanks for claring things up.

Top Bottom