• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

Description
This project is meant to give Project M a cleaner sound experience by replacing all or at least most sound and voice effects with those found in Super Smash Bros. Melee and is meant to be a most accurate duplication.

Updates
These are changes as of 12/31/14 (from PM 3.02 to 3.5 and on). There may be things I'm forgetting. I'll be adding things regularly as I change/remember them so be sure to check back often.
  • Added Alt Voices for Ganondorf, Falco and Fox.

• All currently finished Melee veterans have had their "Step" and "Landing" SFX replaced with their Melee SFX.
  • Crowd SFX volume lowered a bit to hopefully prevent other sounds being drowned out when every bit of everything is happening.
  • Replaced all hit SFX with better quality versions. Volume increase may be needed.
  • All characters (including Brawl characters) now have the heavy hit sounds play when they experience getting hit. There are two powerful whooshy sounds. Not sure what they're actually called, but I've named them for the smaller hits "HeavyHitS" and for the larger hits "HeavyHitL." (Note: If you don't use either of the full packs, be sure to download the "General SFX" mod and copy the "projectm" folder over to your SD card BEFORE you install what individual characters' SFX mods you want. It includes vanilla versions of all the characters to make this work!)
  • Add-Ons are now included in the Full and Wifi versions of the 'Sounds of Melee' mods.

• Added alternate versions including "Brelee" Bowser and Shun's "Showtime" Bowser. Brelee Bowser includes Brawl voice clips with Melee SFX. Showtime Bowser includes Showtime Bowser's voice clips with Melee SFX.

• Falcon's Down B now has landing sound effects.

• Donkey Kong's not-Melee taunts are no longer silent.

• Fixed Falco's Down-B not having a reflect sound. (This is because PMBR finally fixed the lack of a subaction for when he reflects projectiles. I thank them graciously for that.)
  • Falco now has both voice clips for his Fire Bird (Up B) that are used in Melee

• Fox now has both voice clips for his Fire Fox (Up B) that are used in Melee

• Added landing sounds for Ganon's Down-B.
  • Ganon no longer yells "Oooweeyyaaaaaa!" when using Up Tilt. (Lmao)

• You can now hold notes for Link's Ocarina taunt. Be advised that holding the notes longer than 3 seocnds causes a small "popping" sound to occur everytime it loops (3 seconds). Have not been able to fix this yet as the loop plays flawlessly in BrawlBox. Also if you're holding a note when you get hit out of the taunt. The note will continue to be held until either the match is over, or you re-enter Ocarina mode. Working on fixing this soon!
  • Added the sword "unsheathing" sound to Link's Neutral B ending animation from Melee.
  • Changed Down B Get to Melee SFX.
  • Changed Grab/Z-Air to Melee SFX.
  • Changed Side B Catch and Boomerang SFX to match Melee
  • Ocarina taunt is fixed! No longer continues to play sounds when you get hit. (Mooostly tested. If any of you have issues please let me know.)

• Side B sound effect no longer loops since it doesn't in Melee.
  • Added "Brelee" Luigi. Brawl Weegee voice with Melee SFX.

• Mario should now have his first jump voice clip play... No idea how I even forgot it... Only fixed in his individual download for now.

• Added 'sheathing' and 'unsheathing' sfx to Sheilding/Unsheilding and dodging sounds as they are in Melee.
  • The Dynamic Dancing Blade files ("FitMarth_Dance" and "FitMarth_Sm4shDance") now also have his sword trail change colors based on your follow-up attacks.

• All sfx have gotten an overhaul, improved sound quality galore.
  • Shadow Ball sfx from Melee. Yes plz. Issue with resuming charges going into full charge sound not being exactly... the best. Can't fix this as of now, however. May work on figuring out a way to have the charge sound play in 'stages' like it does in Melee.
  • Star KO sound now has the proper echo to match the rest of the cast.

• Betcha didn't notice... Pika's Up B was missing a sound from Melee that has now been added.

• All sfx have gotten an overhaul, improved sound quality galore.
  • Alternate versions include a Dynamic Side B overlay scheme, and Shun's "Smash 4-esque" sword trails and a combination of the 2.
  • Roy now has the Fire Emblem entry sound effect play properly.
  • Roy's Counter now has his "Sugo!" voice clip play sometimes in addition to his other counter voice clips. (Can be heard in the video preview. Does it need to be louder?)
  • Roy's light damage voice clip is properly matched to Melee. Vanilla version uses Roy's "HeavyGet" voice clip and... another one... I think it's his "Ottotto" voice clip...?
  • Star KO sound now has the proper echo to match the rest of the cast.
  • Roy's Neutral B should now be the same volume as the rest of his voice clips. (Only updated Roy's individual mod with this fix. Will add to packs soon)

• Sheik now has her own mod which includes a "Sheik-Only" sawnd file for those who prefer Brawl Zelda SFX.

• Zelda now has her own mod which includes a "Zelda-Only" sawnd file for those who prefer Brawl Sheik SFX.

• Melee Falco's Up B has received the same treatment as... Melee Falco. Both voice clips play for Melee alt costumes.

• Melee Fox's Up B has received the same treatment as... Melee Fox. Both voice clips play for Melee alt costumes.

• Ganon not wanting to walk left should be fixed for all .pac files now when downloading.
  • Added landing sounds for Ganon's Down-B. Same as normal Ganon.

• All changes listed under Link also apply to Alt Link
(Alt-Specific Changes)

• Removed echo from some Brawl voice clips that were present in previous version.
  • Added proper echo effect for Brawl voice clips on Star KO (even though they don't play as of now) and Final Smash.
  • Ocarina taunt is fixed! Same as normal Link.
  • Spin Attack sound effect made slightly louder.

Downloads
Firstly Note
: If it's a picture... You can most likely click it to take you to whatever mod that picture represents. I figured I'd clarify this since there was a bit of confusion earlier. And if you see this thread the way it's supposed to be seen... Some pictures have 2 links. (Zelda and Sheik) (Sounds of Melee)

Secondly Note: All downloads require 7.sawnd (in the General Melee SFX mod) to work properly. Click the Project Melee SFX logo above to acquire this. The all-inclusive packs and add-ons for the Full and Wifi codesets include 7.sawnd already, however they do not include the Melee Announcer. The Melee Announcer .sawnd files are included in the General SFX mod.

Sounds of Melee Packs and Add-Ons

(Dat nostalgic Melee picture)

Melee SFX

|______Preview______|______Preview______|______Preview______|______Preview______|______Preview______|

|______Preview______|_________________Preview_________________|______Preview______|

|______Preview______|______Preview______|______Preview______|______Preview______|______Preview______|

|______Preview______|______Preview______|______Preview______|

Alt Melee SFX

|_________________Preview_________________|_________________Preview_________________|

|_________________Preview_________________|_________________Preview_________________|

Instructions
These mods have been simplified for those who may not know a lot about Brawl modding. Each individual download includes all files... twice: the edited files by themselves, and those same files placed with the same file structure as is understood by the Wii when loading Project M. For those who want only normal, unedited movesets, you can simply extract or copy the "projectm" folder from each download onto the root of your SD Card and allow it to merge and overwrite the original Project M files with the ones included in the mod. If you wanted edited movesets (such as Dynamic Dancing Blade Smash 4 Marth) or are on a Mac, you will need to copy the respective .pac and .sawnd files (and possibly rename them) from the root of the download into their proper locations on your SD Cards. For unaltered Project M codesets those locations are:
(Link's files used as an example)
FitDood.pac
"X:\projectm\pf\fighter\dood\FitDood.pac"
For Link this would be:
"X:\projectm\pf\fighter\link\FitLink.pac"

XX.sawnd
"X:\projectm\pf\sfx\XX.sawnd"
Link uses 9.sawnd for his sfx meaning his would be:
"X:\projectm\pf\sfx\9.sawnd"

Replace "X:\" with whatever the drive letter is for your SD Card.

Also if you want to use Melee's Shield Reflect sound, then you'll have to replace the "RSBE01.gct" in your "codes" folder as well.

Credits to these Wonderfulz

Taiko: PMSFX Logo
SJS: CSPs used for Thumbnails

Last edited:

MVP

Smash Ace
this biggest character for me is falcon. With melee SFX he'd feel so much better

EDIT: Samus 3.0

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Melee Mario has been added. On to Captain Falcon. The video preview for Mario is still uploading right now, so it may not play just yet. This one will also require downloading the updated Melee SFX if you've downloaded it already.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The audio in the preview for Mario is highly desynced from the video, just so you know.

Also, dem Link sounds. Can anyone point me to a good Melee Link model so those fit?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The audio in the preview for Mario is highly desynced from the video, just so you know.

Also, dem Link sounds. Can anyone point me to a good Melee Link model so those fit?
Yeah I noticed that IMMEDIATELY after I'd uploaded it and tried to play it on YouTube lol. I'm uploading the fixed video now. Also if you give me a sec I'll find the OoT hack that I use (in the video). There's a hack for just the green version and then the recolors.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
WOW DUDE WHERE DID YOU GET THE MELEE SWING EFFECTS I HATE YOU SOOO MUCH

I have a thread very similar to this, although that is more along the lines of general sound stuff; I will give you links to characters I have already done so that you may use them as a starting point if you wish (be noted though, the only things that are changed for the most part are voices rather than SFX itself)

Anyway;
[collapse=Melee Bowser/Koopa]Download[/collapse]
[collapse=Meleefied Captain Falcon v1.01]Download[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Donkey Kong]Download[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Falco]Download[/collapse]
[COLLAPSE=Melee Fox v.1.01]Download[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse=Melee Ganondorf]Download[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee/OoT Link]Download[/collapse]
[collapse=Meleefied Peach]Download[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee SFX v.0.2]Download[/collapse]
^This has the Melee crowd and various Melee menu sounds in it

sooo
yeah
have at em

EDIT: oh **** you already have melee link
well whatever

okay dude
how did you get link's double jump voice to play; in brawl that noise will not be made at all
i have a feeling you edited some ****

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP DUDE! THANKS! Lol. I've downloaded most of the sfx already from this site: http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=16063
The sword effects I actually ripped myself from the game because I couldn't find them either. If I knew Brawl would let me I'd just re-rip all the sfx myself. They have a small echo that I liked in Melee. But that would make the brsar file probably waaay too big to work.

I'm definitely gonna add the Melee crowd to the Melee sfx. Haha thank you so much! It's a huge help!

Edit: I should probably go through and change all the crowd cheers for each character too... WILL DO THAT SOON!

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
yeah no problem

but really

how in the ***** did you get SFX to play where it normally wouldn't
like for example, the voice that link makes when he throws the boomerang is the same for both his dodging and for when he throws the boomerang, but on yours you have both situations use different voices
how
teach me master

also man if you can give me those sword swing SFX in WAV format i will love you forever

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
LOL! That's what the edited .pac files are for. I had to actually edit the sound effects associated with each attack in the PSAs to change it. It kept bothering me before when I just had Link's Melee voice, so I did some research to figure out how to change it and found out that's how you do it! You need the program called Project Smash Attacks to do it. And there's a whole sh*tlist of SFX ID's to go through. It can be a bit tedious, but worth it imo.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
hoooooooooooooooooly **** so thats what PSA stands for

thank you so much, this will make creating melee SFX soooo much easier and doable; I can make captain falcon sound exactly like he did in melee now

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Haha I'm actually working on Falcon now. His PSA is kinda weird too compared to the other ones I've looked at thus far.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
quick question; whats a good way to find out the SFX ID for a certain sound

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Thank you! lol. I realized that link didn't have all the sfx id's and I couldn't find the one I downloaded for some reason.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
For the preview video of C. Falcon, unless you wanna hear "Tut tut tut" over and over for 27 seconds... you should probably skip ahead to 27 seconds lol

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Melee Marth is done-ish (I don't think his Neutral B sfx function the exact same way they did in Melee, but it's close enough for now). I'm going to go on to Ganondorf now and make two versions. One version will be normal Melee, and another will be Brawl voice with a special... easter egg.

I do kinda think I should make Marth's voice a tad bit louder tho. If preview for Marth doesn't work, try it again in a few minutes. It's currently uploading.

Edit: Also for Marth there are two separate .pac files. One is normal Project M Marth with regular unchanging Dancing Blade. The other is Project M Marth but with a Dancing Blade that changes color based on your input. It's demonstrated in the video.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yes! I had to rip them myself because I couldn't find them.

Also, if anyone wants other characters prioritized, I will be glad to do them first.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Peach (I need dat frying pan sound), Ganondorf (to match my set of Melee-esque Ganons, made by Apples, I believe?), and Picklechu (I miss his old taunt sound!). And when Kirby's released, hopefully in the next demo, I'd love for him to be done 'cause I hate the Brawl version of his "Hiiiiiii!"

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Haha that works out quite nicely cause I'm working on Ganondorf right now. I'll do Peach after that and then Pikachu.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Works for me. =3 I won't even be able to use these until they get Riivolution working on the Wii U anyway.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I gave it to my mom. I'll be moving out soon and our 360 red-ringed beyond repair, so she wanted a new Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Instant machine, and I don't have a use for my Wii anymore, since I haven't played a GameCube game in a loooong time and the friend I'll be moving in with has a Wii. =P So currently my Wii U is my mod hub. Eventually Devolution or Dios Mios should work on the Wii U as well, which means I'll even be able to use it for GameCube games. =O

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait for that Ganondorf SFX :)
I have a question, might be a little off topic and probably should go in Riivolution Q&A (that place seems kinda dead so)
I got the melee sfx and did all the sawndz stuffs, and i noticed you have to edit the XML code for Riivolution to recognize the change. If I wanted to add all the custom songs, stages and character textures that i had from the Hackless version of P:M to my Riivolution P:M, is there an easier way to do that? Because adding codes to the XML for every single song and every single char texture I have would be waaaaaaay too tedious.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
JayMan-X, it looks like the file setup in the hackless version is the same as the hacked version, so you can simply use this Riivolution setup, which allows you to keep your current file paths exactly the same, and has support for sound effects and movies. Disclaimer: I didn't make it.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Actually there's something even easier than that. The xml for Riivolution includes all of the tracks already... Whoa! I just learned... you can even put smashbros_sound.brsar in this same location according to the xml file. This is where the xml for Riivolution says to place your tracks by default.

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

If you don't have the music folder, you can just create it and add all your tracks there I believe. I didn't know it supported the smashbros_sound file too! That is pretty awesome.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
JayMan-X, it looks like the file setup in the hackless version is the same as the hacked version, so you can simply use this Riivolution setup, which allows you to keep your current file paths exactly the same, and has support for sound effects and movies. Disclaimer: I didn't make it.
ok so, I tryed that set up, but now Riivolution isnt recognizing anything >_>

heres a pic of whats on my SD Card if it may help, im lost now

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Try it the way I mentioned above with regular Riivolution. Inside the brawlmods folder, make a music folder and inside the music folder make a strm folder. Put all the music tracks there and it should work.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Try it the way I mentioned above with regular Riivolution. Inside the brawlmods folder, make a music folder and inside the music folder make a strm folder. Put all the music tracks there and it should work.
Yeah songs work with that i think, but what about character textures and stages?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anything that belongs in "menu" goes in here.
X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
X:/brawlmods/textures/item/ - Item Textures.
X:/brawlmods/textures/toy/ - Item Textures.
X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

This should all be in the xml file at the top. I just never noticed it until recently lol

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anything that belongs in "menu" goes in here.

This should all be in the xml file at the top. I just never noticed it until recently lol
Yeah I saw all that, but when i put in some character textures i had, they didnt show... so i figured that I need to manually put in each code in the XML for Riivolution to notice them.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Are you putting the files into a newly created fighter folder? For example, make a folder for falcon named 'captain' or for Jigglypuff it would be 'purin' or 'link' for Link

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ah... bawlz. Hmm I wonder what the problem could be then. I personally just add the code as I add hacks, even for my music. Copy and paste makes it quite a bit less time consuming too lol (especially for the music files). How many hacks do you have?

Top Bottom