• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
question: for the Sd card users, do i still have to change all of the fitwhatever.pac files for each character to get all of the sound effects? and how do i get the sfx in melee where you hit someone and theres a big thud sound (love it)

Ya each one has to be renamed and placed on the SD Card where the original is... otherwise you'll get screwed up sound effects lol. For the 'thud' thingy... Not 100% sure which sound you're talking about, but I'm guessing that's already taken care of with the Melee SFX Pack. (Right under "General SFX Pack" in the OP)

Yeah, I watched the video again...didn't sound like him. But then again I could hardly hear the TV because someone was being loud as ****. >_> I believe it didn't sound like him. Darker voice, no "syaaaaaaaaaaaah!" from grounded UpB, more like "haaaaaaaaaah!". Texture looks great though. c:

Wait... which version of Project M are you using? Hackless, Riivolution, Homebrew?

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Ya each one has to be renamed and placed on the SD Card where the original is... otherwise you'll get screwed up sound effects lol. For the 'thud' thingy... Not 100% sure which sound you're talking about, but I'm guessing that's already taken care of with the Melee SFX Pack. (Right under "General SFX Pack" in the OP)

Wait... which version of Project M are you using? Hackless, Riivolution, Homebrew?
I thought I told you, hackless. ._. Well...I asked if it worked for Hackless, I didn't say I was using Hackless. :I

But yeah, I'm using the hackless method.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I thought I told you, hackless. ._.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. LOL! For the hackless version all you need to do is this:

1st if you haven't already, make a folder in "private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" called "sfx" on your SD Card, and in the Melee SFX Pack that you downloaded, copy the "RSBE01 [Sound Replacement Engine].gct" into your "codes" folder on your SD. It'll need to be renamed to "RSBE01.gct"

After that, just copy the numbered .bnk files into the "sfx" folder and that's it. If you're just using Link copy "7.bnk" from the Melee SFX Pack and "9.bnk" from the Link SFX Pack into the "sfx" folder. Any other characters after that, all you need to do is copy their corresponding .bnk files... A lot easier than messing with all that smashbros_sound.brsar crap right? lol. So pretty much all that stuff we were going through before was a waste of time. You don't need to use Super Sawndz at all.

Oh of course you'll still need to include one of the edited FitLink.pac files from the download for the sounds to work.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Oh my bad dude, yeah i replaced it but i still didn't hear the general sounds haha, yo i just wanna say i really appreciate you doing this man, it's like a dream almost come true, so thanks again

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. LOL! For the hackless version all you need to do is this:

1st if you haven't already, make a folder in "private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" called "sfx" on your SD Card, and in the Melee SFX Pack that you downloaded, copy the "RSBE01 [Sound Replacement Engine].gct" into your "codes" folder on your SD. It'll need to be renamed to "RSBE01.gct"

After that, just copy the numbered .bnk files into the "sfx" folder and that's it. If you're just using Link copy "7.bnk" from the Melee SFX Pack and "9.bnk" from the Link SFX Pack into the "sfx" folder. Any other characters after that, all you need to do is copy their corresponding .bnk files... A lot easier than messing with all that smashbros_sound.brsar crap right? lol. So pretty much all that stuff we were going through before was a waste of time. You don't need to use Super Sawndz at all.

Oh of course you'll still need to include one of the edited FitLink.pac files from the download for the sounds to work.
Alright, thanks. x.x Hehe... Yeah, much much easier.

Edit: But, I'm not using just Link...by the way. Do I need additional .bnk's? I'm using Mario, Falcon, Marth, Fox, and Link.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks. x.x Hehe... Yeah, much much easier.

Edit: But, I'm not using just Link...by the way. Do I need additional .bnk's? I'm using Mario, Falcon, Marth, Fox, and Link.

Ya. Each character download now includes their .bnk files. You'll just need to copy the .bnk files from each characters download over to your 'sfx' folder.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Wow, Melee Link sounds great...I really feel like playing him now. Better than TP link in every way. Although Mario's SFX sounds outdated when I play with his default texture...any textures to turn my Mario into a Melee Mario? :smirk:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wow, Melee Link sounds great...I really feel like playing him now. Better than TP link in every way. Although Mario's SFX sounds outdated when I play with his default texture...any textures to turn my Mario into a Melee Mario? :smirk:

Awww yeah! Glad they work now finally! lol. As far as Melee Mario, if you haven't checked out Shun's House of Pancakes (here), there are some Melee-ish Mario textures (basically vibrantified Brawl textures) that you could use. One of the alternates is a Dr. Mario texture too! I'm also sure you can find some Melee Mario textures on Brawl Vault.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
If you haven't checked out Shun's House of Pancakes (here), there are some Melee-ish Mario textures (basically vibrantified Brawl textures) that you could use. One of the alternates is a Dr. Mario texture too! I'm also sure you can find some Melee Mario textures on Brawl Vault.
Shameless plug is shameless

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Awww yeah! Glad they work now finally! lol. As far as Melee Mario, if you haven't checked out Shun's House of Pancakes (here), there are some Melee-ish Mario textures (basically vibrantified Brawl textures) that you could use. One of the alternates is a Dr. Mario texture too! I'm also sure you can find some Melee Mario textures on Brawl Vault.
Uuh...ok, I have a problem here. I went to go play a friend online and it keeps disconnecting me during transmission. There was already an RSBE01.gct in the codes folder, so I assumed I should replace that one with the RSBE01 [[Sound Replacement Code].gct. I think this is why Wi-Fi isn't working for me...am I right? Was that necessary for Wi-Fi? If so, is there a way to get the SFX AND Wi-Fi? Should I bring back the RSBE01.gct I replaced and rename the one for the SFX RSBE02.gct or something?

Also, I'll check that out. Not exactly what I'd want for the SFX, but I guess I can either live without a Melee texture, or I can live with this. :p

Hi Baba!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Uuh...ok, I have a problem here. I went to go play a friend online and it keeps disconnecting me during transmission. There was already an RSBE01.gct in the codes folder, so I assumed I should replace that one with the RSBE01 [[Sound Replacement Code].gct. I think this is why Wi-Fi isn't working for me...am I right? Was that necessary for Wi-Fi? If so, is there a way to get the SFX AND Wi-Fi? Should I bring back the RSBE01.gct I replaced and rename the one for the SFX RSBE02.gct or something?

Also, I'll check that out. Not exactly what I'd want for the SFX, but I guess I can either live without a Melee texture, or I can live with this. :p

Hi Baba!

I'll have to make a thingy for Wifi versions as well! Downloading the Wifi version now.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I'll have to make a thingy for Wifi versions as well! Downloading the Wifi version as well.
Ugh...you're kidding me. Could you possibly give an approximate amount of time that'll take? A week? A month? ;-; Ugh... Well, this was fun while it lasted.

So I can't just name is RSBE02.gct? x.x

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ugh...you're kidding me. Could you possible give an approximate amount of time that'll take? A week? A month? ;-; Ugh... Well, this was fun while it lasted.

Haha it will only take a few minutes once the Wifi version of Project M is done downloading (ETA 15 minutes for that). Then I'll just add in the code and upload it here. It'll be included in the Melee SFX Pack so you'll have to redownload that. So about 20 minutes.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I just didn't go ahead and include support for the Wifi version from the beginning :-/

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Haha it will only take a few minutes once the Wifi version of Project M is done downloading (ETA 15 minutes for that). Then I'll just add in the code and upload it here. It'll be included in the Melee SFX Pack so you'll have to redownload that. So about 20 minutes.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I just didn't go ahead and include support for the Wifi version from the beginning :-/
LOL. I thought it would take longer, but ok. I'll be sure to check back when it's done! :p Do tell me when it's done.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Hey, so this may have been asked already but is there a way to replace the SFX with Melee sounds but not voices? And are all the SFX changes universal, or will some characters have Brawl sounds (sounds, not voices) until you do everyone?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey, so this may have been asked already but is there a way to replace the SFX with Melee sounds but not voices? And are all the SFX changes universal, or will some characters have Brawl sounds (sounds, not voices) until you do everyone?

As it is now you can't have just the Melee SFX with no voice (There'll be empty and out of place sounds). That is something I plan to have an option for however once I'm done with all the characters.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Hmm, so in other words the characters who you haven't done yet (be it Melee vets or Brawl newcomers) will have Brawl SFX still. This is awesome, but I'm afraid I'll need to wait on it until there's unity throughout the roster. I'll be keeping an eye out of this project for sure, though. Keep up the good work, man.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hmm, so in other words the characters who you haven't done yet (be it Melee vets or Brawl newcomers) will have Brawl SFX still. This is awesome, but I'm afraid I'll need to wait on it until there's unity throughout the roster. I'll be keeping an eye out of this project for sure, though. Keep up the good work, man.

Haha sounds like you're as OCD (probably not the best word for it... perfectionist...?) as I am... I cannot wait until I finish this for that very reason. If you choose to only use the Melee SFX Pack however, all characters will still have their Brawl voices and sfx. It will only change hit sfx and a few swing sfx into Melee ones.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yeah, OCD would be correct, though perfectionist may be more accurate for the situation at hand. I'm gonna give that a whirl and see how it feels.

Edit: Wait, are the gct and 7.bnk the only 2 files I need, or am I missing something?

Edit Again: I got it working and oh my god, this is incredible. Within seconds of using the sfx I caved and downloaded all the characters you've done thus far except Luigi. I like his new voice so I'm keeping it. Gotta see if I can find a Melee style Ganondorf that looks good, though, because I don't really feel like his Melee voice fits his new body.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
Edit Again: I got it working and oh my god, this is incredible. Within seconds of using the sfx I caved and downloaded all the characters you've done thus far except Luigi. I like his new voice so I'm keeping it. Gotta see if I can find a Melee style Ganondorf that looks good, though, because I don't really feel like his Melee voice fits his new body.
Check out Apples Melee ganon remake, it's pretty sweet and it looks A LOT better than the normal melee models you'll find for ganon on brawlvault, i recommend it basically if you want the melee ganon.

Also here to say that i have officially left melee for PM, the sounds, it feels soooooo close, there's just a few things i sware, i always thought that changing the sfx for everyone would have some kind of an effect for that melee "feel", turns out it made ALL the difference haha, for some characters (fox mostly) it feels like thier melee counterpart, albeit certain things it feels almost identical, and everyone else is just thier, but at the same time i can take pleasure again kneeing fox in the face.

Dude i really hope you can finish this, although if i may ask, how do you plan on changing the sfx for the brawl characters? I mean it seems to me like you'll have to leave some sounds made specifically for the character, like lucario, it would just seem off :ohwell:

but again THANK YOU i always looked at this sound bank and i always thought "if only...." and now it's happened! hope the new incoming waves of people give ya fuel to keep on making them!

Mysterious Potato

Smash Cadet
Hey Amazerommu, your work is awesome and really helps make the game better imo.
But one thing i noticed with ganondorf is that his get up attack uses the same electric noise as his up tilt (and i use riivo so i dont know if it's different from the bnk)

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I'll have to make a thingy for Wifi versions as well! Downloading the Wifi version now.
I'm having desync problems with the characters I have SFX on.

Edit: Ok, I believed I narrowed it down and I am SURE it's the characters. I don't remember if my Link desynced, I think it did but I Marth and Mario did for sure. They both have SFX, of course but the SFX doesn't affect gameplay...so it has to be the Fit[character].pac's that's causing the problem. You say they're necessary for the SFX though...

Are the Fit[character].pac's 2.5 versions? I would think you would've updated those because you said in the OP(?) it was updated for 2.6.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Check out Apples Melee ganon remake, it's pretty sweet and it looks A LOT better than the normal melee models you'll find for ganon on brawlvault, i recommend it basically if you want the melee ganon.

Are you referring to the one that basically looks like bearded Melee Ganon? Because as much as I think that's a unique take on the character, I'd really prefer something more inspired from the Zelda games. Currently I'm using a Melee Ganon rip (and Groose and Demise and Sigma), but if there's something a little cleaner out there I'd like to switch 'em out.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yo, any chance that you can rip Japanese metaknight? for use with sawndz and bsrar?

Kati

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP DUDE! THANKS! Lol. I've downloaded most of the sfx already from this site: http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=16063
The sword effects I actually ripped myself from the game because I couldn't find them either. If I knew Brawl would let me I'd just re-rip all the sfx myself. They have a small echo that I liked in Melee. But that would make the brsar file probably waaay too big to work.

I'm definitely gonna add the Melee crowd to the Melee sfx. Haha thank you so much! It's a huge help!

Edit: I should probably go through and change all the crowd cheers for each character too... WILL DO THAT SOON!
Yeah melee/64 crowd cheers are what I'm looking forward to the most from this hacking development.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yeah melee/64 crowd cheers are what I'm looking forward to the most from this hacking development.

Maybe I'm just being close minded because of my OCD, but won't the Melee crowds sound really awkward when juxtaposed with the Brawl chants of the newcomers?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Weird, my Melee Fox sfx pack generally works fine, but the dash from the side b sfx seems to be missing, and up-smash isn't as loud as it should be. What's wrong? I'm using the gecko homebrew method.

Kati

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm just being close minded because of my OCD, but won't the Melee crowds sound really awkward when juxtaposed with the Brawl chants of the newcomers?
I haven't put too much thought into it, but many of the brawl cheers sound distinctive as is, and I find some of them to be so disgusting that anything else would be a significant improvement. I just can't take it when they cheer for C.Falcon. It makes me want to not combo at high percents in order to avoid it....

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
This looks really cool! But can you be more specific on how to add the sound replacement mod in the code. I am using a hackless wifi pack. I also have a stage expansion code in mine. I'm just a bit confused on what to do.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
yeah ba
I haven't put too much thought into it, but many of the brawl cheers sound distinctive as is, and I find some of them to be so disgusting that anything else would be a significant improvement. I just can't take it when they cheer for C.Falcon. It makes me want to not combo at high percents in order to avoid it....
yeah practically all the brawl cheers are nasty as ****, i'd rather have the melee vets get there respective melee chants, and then see what can be done for the brawl guys, although i'm sure it won't be much

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Is the Mario SFX pack not supposed to have a noticeable sound for aerial up-B or cape? Cause mine isn't making any sounds at all.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

Also here to say that i have officially left melee for PM, the sounds, it feels soooooo close, there's just a few things i sware, i always thought that changing the sfx for everyone would have some kind of an effect for that melee "feel", turns out it made ALL the difference haha, for some characters (fox mostly) it feels like thier melee counterpart, albeit certain things it feels almost identical, and everyone else is just thier, but at the same time i can take pleasure again kneeing fox in the face.

Dude i really hope you can finish this, although if i may ask, how do you plan on changing the sfx for the brawl characters? I mean it seems to me like you'll have to leave some sounds made specifically for the character, like lucario, it would just seem off :ohwell:

but again THANK YOU i always looked at this sound bank and i always thought "if only...." and now it's happened! hope the new incoming waves of people give ya fuel to keep on making them!
Yeah I mainly only plan to update their normal attack swings and such and where possible if I can make special attacks sound better using whatever Melee sfx fit, then I'll try it and see how you all like it. I was actually thinking about Lucario recently too. For his Down B I was gonna give him one of the sounds for Fox Illusion and throw in another effect (not sure which one yet) to make it sound maybe better... even though I already like Lucario's sound effect for it. Just gonna experiment mostly and see if I can't make anything viable for the Brawl characters... I also wish I had some way to replace the Brawl cheers with Melee style ones lol. Also "kneeing fox in the face." I had a laugh at that!

I'm having desync problems with the characters I have SFX on.

Edit: Ok, I believed I narrowed it down and I am SURE it's the characters. I don't remember if my Link desynced, I think it did but I Marth and Mario did for sure. They both have SFX, of course but the SFX doesn't affect gameplay...so it has to be the Fit[character].pac's that's causing the problem. You say they're necessary for the SFX though...

Are the Fit[character].pac's 2.5 versions? I would think you would've updated those because you said in the OP(?) it was updated for 2.6.
Yeah they've all been updated for 2.6... I've only played wifi once on 2.5 with sound effects and it worked then... I'm not sure what the issue could be. However the other person I was playing with also had the SFX (Riivolution). It could also be the code that makes it desync, idk.

Weird, my Melee Fox sfx pack generally works fine, but the dash from the side b sfx seems to be missing, and up-smash isn't as loud as it should be. What's wrong? I'm using the gecko homebrew method.
Maybe my Fox is messed up. You're the second person to have problems with him. I haven't noticed any. I'll reupload it soon and let you know. Then see if that fixes it

This looks really cool! But can you be more specific on how to add the sound replacement mod in the code. I am using a hackless wifi pack. I also have a stage expansion code in mine. I'm just a bit confused on what to do.
I haven't made a RSBE01.gct that includes the expansion and the sound engine, so you'll have to add the code from InternetExplorer's website into your own .gct file and use that one.

Nah they actually sound alright next to the Brawl ones. Better even imo. Adds a tad bit of diversity and gets rid of some of the nasty Brawl cheers that exist... I dislike them with almost maximum passion compared to the ones in Melee.

Is the Mario SFX pack not supposed to have a noticeable sound for aerial up-B or cape? Cause mine isn't making any sounds at all.
That may be an issue that I need to fix although I haven't noticed it myself. I will look into it.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
nothing on JP metaknight ;-;?

Oh snap! Yeah I can do that. Wait... can you not change the language in Brawl like you could in Melee? I know I used to play Melee in Japanese for Falco's taunts occasionally. Never even tried looking for such a feature in Brawl though.

Also speaking of Japanese, should I make it so that Fox doesn't have two "Come on" taunts. I could give him his Japanese taunt from Melee.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
nope, brawl only has an english option, at least over here in the US

Top Bottom