• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
at least three for every character ;_;
Do you add code for every song you do? bcuz thats the killer for me. Ive got like a new song over almost all the old ones.
EDIT: re-reading what u said... yeah, adding code for every song will suck pretty bad.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yep for every single song... >_> It's tedious but worth it in the end once you finally get it done. I've only replaced about 70 songs as of right now. For tracks starting with the same letter, I just copy and paste and change the last number up to ten, then copy and paste again...lather, rinse, repeat... if that makes it any easier. But if you said your songs work in the 'brawlmods/music/strm' folder then I'd say just put the songs there and just add the code for the textures into the projectm/fighters section.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Yeah copy n paste helps a lot but still, i have too many songs :(
Alright well many thanks for insight though

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It probably is a good idea to just make an xml file that already contains all the alternate textures and such for stages. It won't mess up anything if you don't have a mod where it says to load one. It'll just load regular brawl things. That'll be a side project so people can just place mods in the projectm folder and have it load them automaticallly. I'll do it just for you JayMan lol. (It's not too much hassle since I have most of the songs and .rel/stage files already added. It will probably be a few days before I get it all finished though)

Also! I'm almost done with Melee Ganondorf! I should have it uploading in the next few hours.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
i don't care what the peach's pan sound effect is in melee; nothing tops the pan sound in left 4 dead 2
seriously it is the best, and should be used by everybody

also, i'm too lazy to check myself, but is it possible to adjust the volume of sounds using smashattacks

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
These hacks are amazing! Despite an increase in the brsar's file size, they all still work and it shows that you're definitely not skipping out on quality; Mario's age-old Super Mario 64 / Melee voices never sounded so good. Speaking of Mario, there's a small glitch with him: When you angle his forward Smash, both sounds for his back throw play instead of the intended sound bytes.

Many thanks, and keep up the good work!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Sweet thanks! I will fix that when I go through and update them all. I plan on getting rid of all their special jumping and landing sounds (which are dumb). When I do that I should be able to get rid of all the extra jumping sfx for each character to save some space. Also let me know if you find any other problems!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I'm on vacation right now. I'll be back home next Sunday. So there may or may not be any new characters done until then. Just a heads up for doods paying any attention to this.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so the falcon sfx i grabbed from here included a falcon pac file - should work 100% with project m 2.5b right? like, theres no real difference between the pac files in the pm setup and this one minus the sound effects right? just asking cuz i dont think ive ever used custom sounds that ended up using pac files ever lmao

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yes sir. That is correct. It's mentioned in the General Instructions section of the OP as well:

"The only thing changed about the PSA's is the sfx associated with the attacks. These are still official Project M movesets."

Enjoy!

Also please note these are not 100% done yet. If you find any issues feel free to post here or on my youtube page and I'll fix those when I go back and update the rest of their miscellaneous sfx. (Like the excessive jumping sounds for example)

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Yo I took a look at your Mario PAC and fixed a couple of the issues that I found within them; angled F-smash playing B-throw sounds for example and his Fair voice not matching Melee in timing to name a few. I also compiled my own .sawnd file that you'll need for the PAC to work (but you already know that).

Here's the download link for it;
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0lbv1mkl4gsrfbf

Oh and I also restored his F-smash fireball sound too because I think it sounded good. Feel free to make any edits you want to it.

(yay I'm figuring out Smash Attacks)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Haha thanks, that saves me a little bit of time. And that was definitely a good catch with Mario's Fair. I didn't even notice it. Oh yeah the sound for his F-smash (the fireball) was there, it was just drowned out by the misplaced voice clip for the attack which I also just fixed. It was playing on top of the fireball sound instead of when he starts charging the attack like in Melee. Umm are you on Brawl Vault so I can collab you when I finish updating this? Cause that was definitely a big help! I don't plan on updating it tho until I have all the Melee characters at least mostly finished and uploaded and replace the miscellaneous Brawl sfx with either emptiness or Melee replacements. It's gonna take a while for me to go through it all.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
For anyone who is paying attention to this, I have a question. Peach has that love heart thingy sound effect. I basically want to take a poll to see if it should stay or go. If it's not there, the heart will kind of just pop up without that little harp-y sound effect, which may seem kind of odd to some people. I personally think it makes Peach more of a... well... you know... Let's just say that sound effect to me makes her sound weaker than she is. So I'm all for getting rid of it if everybody else wants it. But I wanted to get a general opinion. If I don't get anything I'll probably just go ahead and get rid of it, which would save a miniscule amount of space in the brsar.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
If I may add my opinion, I only do Luigi's hit SFX and not his actual voice. His Brawl voice is pretty good imo

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I actually prefer Luigi's Brawl voice over Melee as well. Except for his hoshikie or however you spell it. The one where they die team rocket style. I much preferred the one in Melee over the Brawl one.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Yeah, that one is just plain funny haha.

Donkey Kong would actually be pretty cool. Everyone misses his old taunt noise. Bowser too, his Up-B noise needs to come back. The spacees old voices would be great too. But take your time haha

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Oh my gawd Bowser's Up+B is gonna be hilarious! I'd forgotten how corny it was until I watched someone streaming Melee.

Edit: Peach is FINALLY almost done btw. I decided to just leave the Heart sfx in cause the attacks looked and sounded weird without them. If I could change the hit sfx associated with the attacks (As far as I can tell you can only change the swing sfx with Smash Attacks) it would be much better. I changed her Up Throw to have it's Melee SMACK sound on top of the Heart noise. Might make it sound more powerful. Testing that now to see how it works. If it's all weird then I'll just leave it with the Heart sound onry.

Edit Again: Yep sticking with just the heart sound for the up throw for now.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Peach is finally done-ish to be uploaded. I ended up leaving the heart sounds in but did sorta-kinda-maybe-ish-but-not-really figure out how to change the hit sfx associated with attacks, which may mean that everything will be Melee exactly (or as close as it can get with Brawlness) once this whole project is 100% done. The video is uploading nao so it may not work if you're checking this immediately after I updated everything. Peach's Up Smash hit sound effect was changed to match Melee, but only in the Sweet Spot. Haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of the itemget sound effect for picking up the turnips yet... raddishes, whatever they're called. That'll be done in future updates hopefully.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty sweet.

Quick question: do I absolutely need the Melee SFX pack if I just want to replace, for example, Ganon's SFX? I quite like most of Brawl's sounds, Ganon being one of the few exceptions.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
You could try it without it. There may be a few sound effects that play out of place tho. The Melee SFX pack is really only needed for certain sounds for each character. Some use more than others though, so it may end up sounding awful. Try it and let me know.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Can you do this without Gecko or Riivoloution if you are using Project M? It seems to me that if you just switch the Fit.pac in the character folder then it will have the same effect. Not having done any work yet I am probably wrong though.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The only thing the Fit____.pac file changes is the sound effects associated with the attacks. It does not change the actual sound effects. You need to import the melee sounds included with each download into a smashbros_sound.brsar file, which can only actually be used with either Riivolution or ISO hacking. Once I finish this project I do plan on making a smashbros_sound.brsar file with all the melee sfx already on it that can just be downloaded and injected onto a Brawl ISO image.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
This is literally not relevant to the conversation or the thread, but it is juuust a little, so I guess I'll post here.

I was wondering if I could revert Peach's big butt-splosion effect with the heart one from Brawl, and change the sound effects to match? If possible, I'd like to be able to do this without having to revert to using ISO's.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yes that would only require a sound effect and graphic effect ID to be changed in the .pac file since the sounds are actually still there in the brsar. And remember you can still have her butt-splosion (lol) do the heart effects by pressing Up on the d-pad with good timing. It's right before you hit with it I believe or during. Idk for sure but it's not hard to get the timing down for that one as opposed to Falcon's knee.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Technically, you don't need to press the button assigned to Up-Taunt at the right time. You can just press and hold the button before the attack lands.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Oh wow i didn't know that. Thought you had to press it at a certain time. Is it the same way with Falcon's knee?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Sweet! I should test that out.

Also Luigi's sfx are dooooooooone for the most part. I need to replace his Side-B landing sound effect eventually. Also I found out something reeeeeeeeeeeaaaally stupid about the perfect shielding. Seen in the OP.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Video for PIkachu's sfx is almost done uploading. Also does anybody think Pika or Marth should have their voices boosted? Plz tell me if you think so.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah, that one is just plain funny haha.

Donkey Kong would actually be pretty cool. Everyone misses his old taunt noise. Bowser too, his Up-B noise needs to come back. The spacees old voices would be great too. But take your time haha
I'm going to work on Donkey Kong and then Bowser now then heh.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hmmm which space animal do you like more? I'll do that one after Donkey Kong and then, Bowser and then the other one.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Fox's UpB i miss the most
Also, the little, "AhTah" noise he makes when he lands from Air Dodges
And his Smashes

I'm perfectly fine with Falco being done too :)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Well then I'll do Donkey, Fox, Bowser, Falco heheh. I'll try to have Fox done by the end of the week. But who knows, I may be a mad man and get them done way earlier than that heheh

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Well then I'll do Donkey, Fox, Bowser, Falco heheh. I'll try to have Fox done by the end of the week. But who knows, I may be a mad man and get them done way earlier than that heheh
You, sir, are a true gentleman. I tip my hat to you

If I just wanted Luigi's hit SFX to match Melee then all I have to do is switch the FitLuigi.pac files, correct?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
You, sir, are a true gentleman. I tip my hat to you

If I just wanted Luigi's hit SFX to match Melee then all I have to do is switch the FitLuigi.pac files, correct?
Hmmm for Luigi I think you can... wait no actually I'd have to make another sawnd file with Luigi's Brawl voice clips and Melee sfx which I'd planned on doing anyway once the whole project was finished. I know a lot of people prefer some Brawl voices over Melee but like Melee hit sfx and such. You can use the Melee SFX pack with the FitLuigi.pac for now to just replace the hit sounds and a few of his swing sounds. His special attacks will have Brawl sfx though.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

Donkey Kong is sorta done now. Fox will be hopefully by the end of this weekend!

Top Bottom