• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kati

Smash Lord
So, last time I tried a YL thing over TL in P:M, his feet were going through the ground. Landing detection, surely. But is there a way around this? A simple way that doesn't squander too many neurons over something so petty? The waddle run animation looks really silly with YL lol.

Then there's also an issue with YL being overall taller than TL and his Nair hitbox/animation being weird.
no not landing detection. The model just does this because toon link and young link have such different proportions (toon link has super long arms, short legs, and well that melon head...). Young link will never work over toon link unless toon link's skeleton is modified, so good-bye wifi/replay syncing. With a one-slot mod, young link could be put over Link, but then you have the issue of the voice.

tl,dr, what you have found is the best the interwebs/smash community has to offer. It has been like this for a good year now at least, and doesn't look like it will improve when you understand my second sentence.

edit*

that sss expansion layout is very, very, nicely done.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Ah, I see. That's unfortunate. The model would have been my second guess. Seems rather obvious.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Amazerommu, i did the Hackless process of getting RSBE file (The one that said Wifi not sound replacement code), and Getting the FitMelee Peach Pac file and number file. I think i may have done something wrong, Where are you supposed to put the FitMeleePeach Pac file? In the sfx folder or the Character folder?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Hmm are you sure you installed everything properly? I'm also using the hackless version to test and not getting any issues.

Edit: Also Bowser's done! Except for a small issue that I plan to fix eventually, he should be about perfect.
Awesome!

Also, I'm not sure if you fixed this, but Zelda is missing some SFX here and there (I can only think of d-throw off of the top of my head). If you could fix that, that would be awesome!

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice

It's basically libertyernie's expansion pack with an extra stage to max out the SSS... However that's causing a freezing issue in 'My Music.' Once I get that all sorted out (hopefully without having to get rid of that extra stage) I'll be able to focus more on getting the SFX done.
Do you mind posting your .gct and stages for this whenever you finish? It looks really interesting.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Amazerommu, i did the Hackless process of getting RSBE file (The one that said Wifi not sound replacement code), and Getting the FitMelee Peach Pac file and number file. I think i may have done something wrong, Where are you supposed to put the FitMeleePeach Pac file? In the sfx folder or the Character folder?
'FitMeleePeach.pac' needs to be renamed to 'FitPeach.pac' and placed in 'fighter/peach.' The '#.bnk' file goes into the sfx folder. You also need the Wifi .gct that has the sound replacement code included to make it work.

Awesome!

Also, I'm not sure if you fixed this, but Zelda is missing some SFX here and there (I can only think of d-throw off of the top of my head). If you could fix that, that would be awesome!
The sounds are there. They just use the heavy magic hit sounds that were in Melee (very low and bassy sound effect, so you won't hear it a lot). I haven't actually checked her hit sounds in Melee to see if those are actually what sounds her attacks use. That was gonna be one of the last things on my list since I don't quite fully understand what hex id's change to what hit sfx. I was able to randomly do it with Peach's Up Tilt when I was going to change it. But thus far those are the only ID's I've been successful in altering. Although now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure her down throw in Melee does have a sort of 'magical winding charge' sound to it. I'll make sure to throw that in when I get to doing Zelda's Melee sfx as well as checking for the hit sounds and such.

Do you mind posting your .gct and stages for this whenever you finish? It looks really interesting.
Sure I'll do this eventually! I have replaced a bunch of the stages with extra FD and Battlefield textures though. Mostly seen on whatchacallit... the Collection of Stage Textures thread. And I'm working on reorganizing it so that if you have only tournament legal stages enabled in random, that it only picks between those and the custom FD and Battlefield textures. I also did end up having to get rid of one of the stages on the second page so that it wouldn't freeze on the 'My Music' menu due to the extra Menu icon.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
The FitPeach.Pac, RSBE (Sound replacement), and number file are all Wifi safe right?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Is the Mario SFX fixed yet? Everytime I check on Brawl Vault, it still shows the release date as the 25th, so I haven't downloaded it since the initial download.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Is the Mario SFX fixed yet? Everytime I check on Brawl Vault, it still shows the release date as the 25th, so I haven't downloaded it since the initial download.

If you're referring to the aerial B^ then yes it is.

Also, TC, out of curiosity, what exactly is the missing 2% of Bowser?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
If you're referring to the aerial B^ then yes it is.

Also, TC, out of curiosity, what exactly is the missing 2% of Bowser?

His down taunt as Giga Bowser has no roar or whatever it is. But if you're playing Project M... you're probably not gonna play with Smash Balls, so shouldn't be too big a deal. There may also be an issue that causes Giga Bowser to freeze the game. It's only happened once to me though. I'll try to reproduce it and hopefully fix it.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Rad. I kinda figured it was something like that, since I mained Bowser in Melee, was playing with it last night, and couldn't find any issues with it.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
A while back I was trying to add Melee Bowser's upb sfx but couldn't seem to find the file that contained that sound. I was wondering, what .wav file did you replace to get the Melee UpB to work?

Also, great work so far, super hyped for what character's next!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The FitPeach.Pac, RSBE (Sound replacement), and number file are all Wifi safe right?
They should be... I know the FitPeach.pac is the same one that's included in all versions of P:M. But as far as RSBE, I've not tested to see if it causes any desync issues or not. Haven't checked the RSBE thread to see if anybody else has tested it either.

A while back I was trying to add Melee Bowser's upb sfx but couldn't seem to find the file that contained that sound. I was wondering, what .wav file did you replace to get the Melee UpB to work?

Also, great work so far, super hyped for what character's next!
His sound effect for it was actually a bunch of sound effects... something I find pretty dumb. But I actually just got rid of those and put this sound effect where a normal Up B sound effect would go. "Special_H" or something like that? And just changed the sound effect in his FitKoopa.pac to use that sound instead of the 12 or so other sounds it normally uses.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Any chance of Falco happening soon? :)
He's next on the list! I'm doing like twelve other things at the same time though. I'll try to have him done by Thursday (since that's the next time I'll be playing Smash myself and would like to have them by then heheh).

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I haven't been following this thread all that carefully so sorry if it's already been brought up, but when you use Marth's neutral B the charge sound effect plays to completion every time.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I haven't been following this thread all that carefully so sorry if it's already been brought up, but when you use Marth's neutral B the charge sound effect plays to completion every time.
The only time I had that issue was when I forgot to replace the FitMarth.pac with either of the ones included in the download.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That's certainly possible. I didn't notice this problem earlier and I did recently completely redo my entire SD card. Thanks, man.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
will you being adding the melee annoucer to this mod if so i hope you do it soon! Thanks, i love this project now link finally sounds right.
I'm glad you like it.

As far as Melee's announcer goes, that's something I'd actually like to take a poll on... I am so OCD that I'd want all the characters to have the same Announcer voice, but I'd love to be able to hear Melee announcer at the same time. What I've thought about doing is just adding his in-match voice clips. Like the "3... 2.... 1... GOOO!" and "GAME!" Would be Melee voice instead of Bill Nye voice. I just made a poll for you all to decide what I should do with that.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
I'm glad you like it.

As far as Melee's announcer goes, that's something I'd actually like to take a poll on... I am so OCD that I'd want all the characters to have the same Announcer voice, but I'd love to be able to hear Melee announcer at the same time. What I've thought about doing is just adding his in-match voice clips. Like the "3... 2.... 1... GOOO!" and "GAME!" Would be Melee voice instead of Bill Nye voice. I just made a poll for you all to decide what I should do with that.
Ok thanks for the info

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
no rush or anything but my ears are itching to hear falco's d-air, any progress on him boss-man?
I'm actually done with him, there's just one thing I cannot figure out for the life of me. Since P:M changed his Reflector, all of that stuff is all weird in his .pac file, so I can't figure out how to add the sound effect for when it reflects a projectile. He'd've been done pretty early last night if it weren't for that. Hopefully I'll figure it out before too long today. I can upload it without that if you all want and just work on fixing it while you all enjoy mostly complete Melee Falco sounds...?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'm having friends over in a few hours, so a mostly complete Falco would be great. This is the first time I've had people over for Smash since I've implemented this stuff, so I'm looking forward to their opinions on it all. This is of course assuming it'd be easy for you. From what I understand it's already done, so it'd just take a minute or two to make the zip file and upload it, right?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'm having friends over in a few hours, so a mostly complete Falco would be great. This is the first time I've had people over for Smash since I've implemented this stuff, so I'm looking forward to their opinions on it all. This is of course assuming it'd be easy for you. From what I understand it's already done, so it'd just take a minute or two to make the zip file and upload it, right?
Yuh. I'm also gonna go ahead and make the video preview since I'm uploading it. That won't take too long either. I will of course respond and such when it's done uploading and all that.

I think you all will quite enjoy what I did with his taunts. :D

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So, I know that Falco is so fresh that he's not even done yet, but out of shear curiosity, who's next on your agenda? Do you have a list queued up or are you just winging it? And again, thanks for all the work you've here. It really is fantastic.

Edit: And I can't wait to take Falco for a spin. I'm an idiot and forgot my Wii Remotes in my apartment, so I need to rely on my friends this weekend. No early testing for me :(

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So, I know that Falco is so fresh that he's not even done yet, but out of shear curiosity, who's next on your agenda? Do you have a list queued up or are you just winging it? And again, thanks for all the work you've here. It really is fantastic.

Edit: And I can't wait to take Falco for a spin. I'm an idiot and forgot my Wii Remotes in my apartment, so I need to rely on my friends this weekend. No early testing for me :(
Haha well I was actually going to make a poll after the Melee announcer things to see which character everyone wanted done the most.

Edit: I was also considering doing Shielda or Ness next but I'll let you all decide.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I would be up for Sheilda. I'd also love Puff, whenever you get around to her. :)

Falco is glorious, btw. This is amazing.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
My vote would be towards Ness. Also I just noticed that as far as 2.6 goes you're almost completely done with the veterans. The only ones left are Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, Zelda/Sheik, and Ness unless I'm missing someone. You're doing a fantastic job. I can't wait till it's done.

Top Bottom