• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Oh snap! Yeah I can do that. Wait... can you not change the language in Brawl like you could in Melee? I know I used to play Melee in Japanese for Falco's taunts occasionally. Never even tried looking for such a feature in Brawl though.

Also speaking of Japanese, should I make it so that Fox doesn't have two "Come on" taunts. I could give him his Japanese taunt from Melee.
WHAAAAAAT!? This is possible? I hope they do that in Smash 4. Doubtful though. Back on topic:

Yeah they've all been updated for 2.6... I've only played wifi once on 2.5 with sound effects and it worked then... I'm not sure what the issue could be. However the other person I was playing with also had the SFX (Riivolution). It could also be the code that makes it desync, idk.
It doesn't desync all the time, but it desyncs pretty frequently. Either the .pac or the code. I played without the .pac once but I can't remember how frequently it desynced. ;/

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I can confirm that the Mario B^ in the air doesn't make a sound.
Thanks. I have fixed this now (hopefully without making any other issues as I usually do). Frickin offsets changing without telling me... lol

Can anyone else test for Fox issues as well? I reuploaded his files and made his Up Smash louder.

Also I believe I fixed the issue with Ganon's downed attacks having that electricity effect from his Up tilt.

Oh also I've been doing this for my own personal stage expansion. Kind of been absorbed by this (because OCD about symmetry... also somewhat fun):

It's basically libertyernie's expansion pack with an extra stage to max out the SSS... However that's causing a freezing issue in 'My Music.' Once I get that all sorted out (hopefully without having to get rid of that extra stage) I'll be able to focus more on getting the SFX done.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So, kinda off topic, but how exactly does the stage expansion code work? Where does the music come from for the extra stages, how does one turn them off in random stage select, etc? Are the extra stages just tied to the original ones?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So, kinda off topic, but how exactly does the stage expansion code work? Where does the music come from for the extra stages, how does one turn them off in random stage select, etc? Are the extra stages just tied to the original ones?
All it does is add stages heheh. For the music, unless you add codes, all the expansion stages use Battlefield's tracklist by default and certain stages with Project M are chosen at random. As far as I can tell, each stage in the random select is associated with one of the expansion stages.

That's actually part of what I'm doing with my one expansion. Making it so that only tournament legal stages are selected with the random select. Basically the bunches of FD and Battlefield textures I have are replacing the stages that load when selecting the tournament-friendly stages... so if you're picking random you don't get a bunch of Mushroom Kingdom mess or whatever.

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
But how do I add the code to my gct. This is my first time editing my gct file so i am a noob at this. I was on the InternetExplorer's website and I saw the codes in the code box from the "what you need" section (or at least I think those were the codes I needed). Do I just type those codes in my gct?

EDIT: BTW I got my stage expansion from http://dabessdi.blogspot.com/ just in case if you needed to know.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I have some questions pertaining to Peach's Melee SFX.
1.) Why is the sound for her Dsmash missing?
2.) When she gets hit at like the 80%s, why does she say "Aaaaah"! Instead of "Ow"? She says Ow when she gets hit at like the 150%s with a strong aerial. You should switch these.
3.) You said you fixed the thing where her turning around makes the DJ noise but its still there, it also makes the noise everytime i run. Can you fix this?
P.S. Can you make sure its WIFI safe like you did with the Melee SFX pack?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I have some questions pertaining to Peach's Melee SFX.
1.) Why is the sound for her Dsmash missing?
2.) When she gets hit at like the 80%s, why does she say "Aaaaah"! Instead of "Ow"? She says Ow when she gets hit at like the 150%s with a strong aerial. You should switch these.
3.) You said you fixed the thing where her turning around makes the DJ noise but its still there, it also makes the noise everytime i run. Can you fix this?
P.S. Can you make sure its WIFI safe like you did with the Melee SFX pack?

You, I believe have made the mistake of not replacing the FitPeach.pac with the one in the download. Although I do think she still makes that sound when she turns...

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
How close are the Falco sfx to being done?

Awesome work, btw, having Fox, Falcon, and Marth sound like Melee again makes Project M feel a lot more genuine, or at least to me, anyway.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So are you gonna fix it?
If so, can you say when it's fixed?
Of course! Heheh, as for when I'm not 100% sure but it'll be soon. There's one thing I'm trying to figure out with my SSS and stuff then I'll be back on to the SFX. If I don't get that fixed by today it'll be tomorrow for sure! I'll let you know here when it's done. Let me know if you find anything else too! I've found a few issues with Marth's SFX being missing already that I also plan to fix by tomorrow as well.
How close are the Falco sfx to being done?

Awesome work, btw, having Fox, Falcon, and Marth sound like Melee again makes Project M feel a lot more genuine, or at least to me, anyway.
Basically once I finally figure out what's up with Bowser, I'll be able to work on Falco. Bowser has been giving me a hard time. I'm sure Falco will go a lot smoother seeing as how Fox was probably one of the easiest characters to Melee-ify so far. This will of course be after I do all the above things.

Also luigi's up- b in mid air has no sfx
This will also be fixed!

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Oh, i should also mention that like Orngeblu, im using the hackless method of applying these Melee SFX.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
So, last time I tried a YL thing over TL in P:M, his feet were going through the ground. Landing detection, surely. But is there a way around this? A simple way that doesn't squander too many neurons over something so petty? The waddle run animation looks really silly with YL lol.

Then there's also an issue with YL being overall taller than TL and his Nair hitbox/animation being weird.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Hey Amazerommu, how would one go about putting Melee Marth's sweetspot SFX and Brawl Marth's Voice into one .bnk file of delicious awesomeness? Also, how would I go about doing the same for the Dynamic Dancing Blade, as of now; using that without Melee voice acting just makes Marth sound like he's swinging a decorative fan. I understand why, but I don't know how I'd go about modifying it.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Also luigi's up- b in mid air has no sfx
Oh this is fixed now!

So are you gonna fix it?
If so, can you say when it's fixed?
This has been fixed. You only really need to replace the FitPeach.pac in your install. However I also made her Double Jump slightly louder since it is pretty quiet compared to the rest of the SFX... Hopefully not too loud. Lemme know if it is!

any word on jp metaknight?
That .brsar you posted is the English one lol. I'll have to find the JP version eventually.

Hey Amazerommu, how would one go about putting Melee Marth's sweetspot SFX and Brawl Marth's Voice into one .bnk file of delicious awesomeness? Also, how would I go about doing the same for the Dynamic Dancing Blade, as of now; using that without Melee voice acting just makes Marth sound like he's swinging a decorative fan. I understand why, but I don't know how I'd go about modifying it.
For the hit sfx, all you need to do is use the .bnk file that's in the Melee SFX Pack. It replaces all the hit sfx and such. It'll give Marth his awesome sweetspots back while retaining his Brawl voice. :D
As for using the DDB with Brawl voice, it would require editing the original FitMarth.pac and changing the overlay colors for each attack to match. Dancing Blade Up is blue. Down is green and Forward/Normal is red. You can use BrawlBox or Project Smash Attacks to edit them pretty easily. And I'd planned on making this at some point when I go back and do the Brawl voices with Melee sfx.

Marth's taunts have been fixed to have their proper sound effects as well!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
ok, thanks for the heads up, ill keep looking for a JP version as well

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Thanks man, nothing quite makes me grin like finishing a combo with that ear splitting slice!
To clarify on the Dynamic Dancing Blade (I just enjoy those words in non compressed form), all the textures for the various inputs remain the same. Is there a certain file that controls the voice triggers that I am supposed to replace?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Thanks man, nothing quite makes me grin like finishing a combo with that ear splitting slice!
To clarify on the Dynamic Dancing Blade (I just enjoy those words in non compressed form), all the textures for the various inputs remain the same. Is there a certain file that controls the voice triggers that I am supposed to replace?
The FitMarth.pac is where all that takes place. If you use an original one and edit the Dancing Blade overlay graphic effects, it'll be easier than changing all the sound effects on the .pac that I made.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Yo Amaze-boss-man, the new peach pac file doesn't work, i just tested it like 6 times, everytime i tried to use peach, or to select her, the game freezes and the music keeps on playing. I thought that it was something wrong with the file, so i un-zipped it again, same result. I downloaded it again just to make sure it wasn't bad or something, same result.

I used your old peach pack and it worked, i also used the normal PM one and it also worked, switched back to the new one you edited and it froze once again, so just making sure that you know man.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yo Amaze-boss-man, the new peach pac file doesn't work, i just tested it like 6 times, everytime i tried to use peach, or to select her, the game freezes and the music keeps on playing. I thought that it was something wrong with the file, so i un-zipped it again, same result. I downloaded it again just to make sure it wasn't bad or something, same result.

I used your old peach pack and it worked, i also used the normal PM one and it also worked, switched back to the new one you edited and it froze once again, so just making sure that you know man.

Yo, luigi does the same thing, when you select him, boom, it freezes
Man what's up with that? Lol I'll see what the issue is now!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yo, luigi does the same thing, when you select him, boom, it freezes
All should be fixed now! Marth's .pac files were also weird so I went ahead and fixed those as well... Not sure what caused it, but for some reason all the files were bigger than they were supposed to be... like the program just inserted a bunch of junk into them. I think that's what was causing it.

Also Link's pack has been updated with a better Melee Spin Attack texture. Ooooo I'm gonna add a picture of it to Link's links...

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
All should be fixed now! Marth's .pac files were also weird so I went ahead and fixed those as well... Not sure what caused it, but for some reason all the files were bigger than they were supposed to be... like the program just inserted a bunch of junk into them. I think that's what was causing it.

Also Link's pack has been updated with a better Melee Spin Attack texture. Ooooo I'm gonna add a picture of it to Link's links...
Appreciate it man! Hope you can keep on doing this packs!

Attachments

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Yeah! Good work Amazerommu!
I love hearing these melee sounds and you do so much to maintain em! I appreciate it!

EDIT: The same problems i mentioned earlier are still present, and like earlier i am using the hackless method in which i only use the *Insert number here*.Pac file and the "FitMeleePeach".pac file.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah! Good work Amazerommu!
I love hearing these melee sounds and you do so much to maintain em! I appreciate it!

EDIT: The same problems i mentioned earlier are still present, and like earlier i am using the hackless method in which i only use the *Insert number here*.Pac file and the "FitMeleePeach".pac file.
Hmm are you sure you installed everything properly? I'm also using the hackless version to test and not getting any issues.

Edit: Also Bowser's done! Except for a small issue that I plan to fix eventually, he should be about perfect.

Top Bottom