• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'm just curious, but will all of these SFX hacks get updated for Demo 2.6? I really want to keep these SFX hacks, as I'm sure a lot of other people on here do as well.

Of course! Haha. It shouldn't take me too long to get everybody updated either since I'll only have to edit their FitCharacter.pac files. Not 100% sure when I'll do it as I'm more interested in playing it right now lol. But it will be soon!

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
So despite that Fox, Peach, and Marth and most characters that you already have sfx for, haven't changed, you still need to update their sound effects to work in 2.6? I haven't tried placing them in my sd card yet.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So despite that Fox, Peach, and Marth and most characters that you already have sfx for, haven't changed, you still need to update their sound effects to work in 2.6? I haven't tried placing them in my sd card yet.

If there haven't been any changes at all to the characters then it should be fine. I've already started going ahead and updating the 2.6 files for the sound effects though and they should be done within the next few days.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Will you be uploading the SFX packs as bnk files now, for the new SFX replacement code?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Will you be uploading the SFX packs as bnk files now, for the new SFX replacement code?

Oooooh. I just heard about this yesterday! Can someone link me to these things so I can know how to set it up and such? I'd love for everyone to be able to use these SFX hacks now that this is a thing.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

Sweet! Once I get home (later tonight) I'm gonna go to town on these things! I'll include a custom "RSBE01.gct" in the OP that includes changes for the Perfect Shield sound effect and for this file replacement code. This also makes it more viable to include these custom sfx in special versions of Project M in the future since it will no longer require a modded Wii to run.

I wonder if these sfx working with Riivolution will automatically mean that they work with RSBE... Hmmmm.

And other details... Bowser IS actually almost done... well he was before the 2.6 update. The only thing I am currently having trouble with is getting his Burn to Cinders (fire breath) sound effects correct since there are no direct sound effects associated with it in his FitKoopa.pac or FitGKoopa.pac, I've literally had to guess and check replacing his sounds to make it sound right. I WILL figure it out eventually though.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So shockingly enough all the sound effects worked flawlessly using the RSBE without me having to make any changes. Although I did make a few changes to some things to save a little space and such. Everything should be ready for 2.6 playability now! Have fun!

Also included with Link's pack now is an alternate FitLink.pac that slightly changes the color of his Tornado Gettum (Spin Attack, courtesy of Shun_One). This is rather obviously named 'FitSpinLink.pac' Just rename it to 'FitLink.pac' and replace it if you want Melee Link with a pseudo Melee spin attack. Shun-One and myself know that it only slightly changes the color. I have been looking for a way to change this so it's closer to Melee, but have had no luck thus far. Although I have figured out which models control the colors... so if you know how to change colors associated with these models, please let me or Shun know.

Oh also the new sounds for Ganon's Up Tilt!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
has the Fitfalconmotion pac or w/e for edited falcon sounds been fixed for 2.6 yet?

nvm just checked the OP lmao

NaijaboyIrin

Smash Apprentice
Amazerommu said:
So shockingly enough all the sound effects worked flawlessly using the RSBE without me having to make any changes. Although I did make a few changes to some things to save a little space and such. Everything should be ready for 2.6 playability now! Have fun!
I love you.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Is there any chance of you creating sfx files for some of the characters that didn't make it to Brawl (Mewtwo specifically, over Lucario)? With the changes being made by Nguz to the old mod, it would be awesome to have.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Does this work via P:M hackless version?

Yap! Using the Replacement SoundBank Engine it works fine. Used the hackless version to test them actually.

Is there any chance of you creating sfx files for some of the characters that didn't make it to Brawl (Mewtwo specifically, over Lucario)? With the changes being made by Nguz to the old mod, it would be awesome to have.

Sure, I can do that at some point. That one might take the back burner though for now. I wanna finish at least most of the other characters first... It's still definitely something I'm interested in seeing as how Mewtwo was one of my favorite characters in Melee.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Sure, I can do that at some point. That one might take the back burner though for now. I wanna finish at least most of the other characters first... It's still definitely something I'm interested in seeing as how Mewtwo was one of my favorite characters in Melee.
That's great! Of course the main cast should be done first, so take your time. Thanks for taking it up!

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Edit: Oh wait...I know what the .brsar is now... I needed smashbros_sound.brsar. K.

Uuh...ok, so I followed what the .txt said that I get when I downloaded the Link SFX, and I believe I did everything correctly. I'll try it as soon as I can, but if I want to upload the rest of the SFX, do I need to use the same smashbros_sound.brsar?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Edit: Oh wait...I know what the .brsar is now... I needed smashbros_sound.brsar. K.

Uuh...ok, so I followed what the .txt said that I get when I downloaded the Link SFX, and I believe I did everything correctly. I'll try it as soon as I can, but if I want to upload the rest of the SFX, do I need to use the same smashbros_sound.brsar?

That is cowwect. You'll have to add the sound effects for whatever other characters you want to the .brsar and then overwrite the one that's already on the SD Card

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I notice an error when I click insert after finding the SFX...it says: "Error Opening brsar file: smashbros_sound.brsar". It's in that black window with the green text, but after it says that, it keeps on until it finishes. Am I doing something wrong or should I continue with what I'm doing?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I notice an error when I click insert after finding the SFX...it says: "Error Opening brsar file: smashbros_sound.brsar". It's in that black window with the green text, but after it says that it's still going. Am I doing something wrong or should I continue with what I'm doing?

That only happens to me when I have the actual .brsar file open somewhere else. Check and make sure there is only one instance of Super Sawndz open and that the file isn't open with Brawl Box (if you have it) or anything else.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
That only happens to me when I have the actual .brsar file open somewhere else. Check and make sure there is only one instance of Super Sawndz open and that the file isn't open with Brawl Box (if you have it) or anything else.
I don't have Brawl box and I only have one Super Sawndz window open. I put the smashbros_sound.brsar in along with the Super Sawndz file like the .txt said. ._.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I don't have Brawl box and I only have one Super Sawndz window open. I put the smashbros_sound.brsar in along with the Super Sawndz file like the .txt said. ._.

Hmm try closing all the things and restarting it. It worked for inserting Link's sounds right?

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Hmm try closing all the things and restarting it. It worked for inserting Link's sounds right?
I did that, didn't work. Also, I am using the Link SFX for this and I still get the error. Also note that I extracted the Super Sawndz RSBE to my desktop, so I hope that isn't interfering with it.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I did that, didn't work. Also, I am using the Link SFX for this and I still get the error. Also note that I extracted the Super Sawndz RSBE to my desktop, so I hope that isn't interfering with it.

That may be what's causing the issue. Whatever folder the Super Sawndz files are in is where the .brsar file should be. I'd copy all the Super Sawndz RSBE stuff into the Super Sawndz folder that comes with the Melee SFX and put the smashbros_sound.brsar in that same folder. It should automatically load the .brsar then. Or you when you open Super Sawndz you can click "File -> Open BRSAR" at the top left and find it wherever it's located.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
That may be what's causing the issue. Whatever folder the Super Sawndz files are in is where the .brsar file should be. I'd copy all the Super Sawndz RSBE stuff into the Super Sawndz folder that comes with the Melee SFX and put the smashbros_sound.brsar in that same folder. It should automatically load the .brsar then. Or you when you open Super Sawndz you can click "File -> Open BRSAR" at the top left and find it wherever it's located.
Also, if I put the MeleeLinkSFXpack.sawnd on my desktop...is that also not a good idea? I do that because I'm not sure how to find the .zip file after I click the "...".

" I'd copy all the Super Sawndz RSBE stuff into the Super Sawndz folder that comes with the Melee SFX and put the smashbros_sound.brsar in that same folder."

Well, I was never using your Melee SFX thing...but I downloaded it now. x.x I downloaded the one from that link I posted above. But, my question is: There's already Super Sawndz stuff in that folder, so I should STILL copy that stuff into the folder? I don't think it would be necessary, or am I wrong?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Also, if I put the MeleeLinkSFXpack.sawnd on my desktop...is that also not a good idea? I do that because I'm not sure how to find the .zip file after I click the "...".

No that's fine. As far as I know Super Sawndz can't read the packs from zip files. So extracting that to wherever you want it should be okay.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Well, I was never using your Melee SFX thing...but I downloaded it now. x.x I downloaded the one from that link I posted above. But, my question is: There's already Super Sawndz stuff in that folder, so I should STILL copy that stuff into the folder? I don't think it would be necessary, or am I wrong?

Nah you don't have to. The only thing you need to copy into that folder would be the .brsar file. You'd only need the Super Sawndz RSBE stuff if you're using the sound effects with the Hackless / Gecko versions of Project M.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Nah you don't have to. The only thing you need to copy into that folder would be the .brsar file. You'd only need the Super Sawndz RSBE stuff if you're using the sound effects with the Hackless / Gecko versions of Project M.
It's still giving me an error though... :/ I don't have Super Sawndz RSBE folder extracted to my desktop anymore. I'm using it straight from the ZIP and I have the .brsar in the Super Sawndz RSBE folder. Found the Link SFX, inserted. I still got the error. :c There must be something I'm not getting here...but I don't know what. (I'm not even sure if it's good or not to use it straight for the ZIP either...hehe)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's still giving me an error though... :/ I don't have Super Sawndz RSBE folder extracted to my desktop anymore. I'm using it straight from the ZIP and I have the .brsar in the Super Sawndz RSBE folder. Found the Link SFX, inserted. I still got the error. :c There must be something I'm not getting here...but I don't know what. (I'm not even sure if it's good or not to use it straight for the ZIP either...hehe)

Haha yeah you should unzip the Super Sawndz folder from the Melee SFX and put the .brsar file in that extracted folder where the regular Super Sawndz program is. After that don't even bother with the RSBE stuff, just use Super Sawndz straight from that folder. Find your Link SFX and they should insert regularly nao.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Haha yeah you should unzip the Super Sawndz folder from the Melee SFX and put the .brsar file in that extracted folder where the regular Super Sawndz program is. After that don't even bother with the RSBE stuff, just use Super Sawndz straight from that folder. Find your Link SFX and they should insert regularly nao.
I think I might've figured it out. I forgot to do that "File -> Open BRSAR". I did it, and it seemed to work. I'm gonna test it as soon as I ge tthe chance. I am supposed to replace the Project: M FitLink.pac with the FitLink.pac from the Melee Link Voice SFX.zip, right? I also put th .brsar in the strm folder, right?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Si senor. That is correct! Don't forget to rename it to FitLink.pac... whichever one you decide to use. The FitSpinLink.pac has a slightly altered texture for his Spin Attack.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean the fox download doesn't work? i got it and used it and it seemed to work partly he has his old voice for taunts and fire fox and stuff but he doesn't seem to use the right sound for his air dodge.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
What do you mean the fox download doesn't work? i got it and used it and it seemed to work partly he has his old voice for taunts and fire fox and stuff but he doesn't seem to use the right sound for his air dodge.
when I click the download it says the site is unavailable or something along those lines

poklin

Smash Apprentice
oh it worked for me not sure, but does anyone have the same thing as me? he doesn't seem to have the proper air dodge sfx and that is prob his most notable melee sound to me.

also im getting this weird thing with marth when you use shield break and just press the button the sound effect keeps going in the back ground and you can stack the sound up and make it loud lol, idk if there are probs on my end or what.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Well, it didn't seem to work...Link didn't sound like I thought he was supposed to, but I need to watch the video more thoroughly.

He doesn't sound like Melee Link?

oh it worked for me not sure, but does anyone have the same thing as me? he doesn't seem to have the proper air dodge sfx and that is prob his most notable melee sound to me.

also im getting this weird thing with marth when you use shield break and just press the button the sound effect keeps going in the back ground and you can stack the sound up and make it loud lol, idk if there are probs on my end or what.

I wasn't getting any issues with Fox. His dodges and things are working fine for me and I'm using the same files that are available in the download. For Marth though, that happened to me when I forgot to replace the FitMarth.pac with one of the files in the download. I actually just updated Marth as well seeing as how I missed changing the sound effect for the second swing of his Neutral Air... again... Should be good to go now.

when I click the download it says the site is unavailable or something along those lines

As far as not being able to download... I'm not sure what's going on there. I'm able to download them myself. Probably an issue on your end.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
He doesn't sound like Melee Link?
Yeah, I watched the video again...didn't sound like him. But then again I could hardly hear the TV because someone was being loud as ****. >_> I believe it didn't sound like him. Darker voice, no "syaaaaaaaaaaaah!" from grounded UpB, more like "haaaaaaaaaah!". Texture looks great though. c:

Top Bottom