• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Alright, so I have a question. I just used the cBliss Tool and got the expanded costumes working with Project M, and I also made it so Ganondorf has 11 costumes. I was wondering, is it possible to make the first six Ganondorf slots (FitGanon00-06) to have the Brawl voice, and the other five OoT slots (FitGanon07-11) could have the Melee voice? Right now, the last Brawl Ganondorf costume and the first four OoT costumes have the Melee voice, and the last OoT costume just freezes. Thanks in advance!

Spielmeister456

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm gonna look very stupid, but I've just recently started customizing my build of PM and I want to mess with the announcer files. Figuring that you guys are the bosses at PM sound at the moment, would anyone mind giving a simple rundown? I've been looking everywhere and yet there's no single, solid guide out there. Whoever answers, thanks a metric ton in advance!! :)

Obskore

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm gonna look very stupid, but I've just recently started customizing my build of PM and I want to mess with the announcer files. Figuring that you guys are the bosses at PM sound at the moment, would anyone mind giving a simple rundown? I've been looking everywhere and yet there's no single, solid guide out there. Whoever answers, thanks a metric ton in advance!! :)
have a look at this http://www.mediafire.com/view/nvfw4e98h35i4t9/BNK_Collection_ID_List.txt
and this thread covering the most recent and best way for SFX modding http://smashboards.com/threads/its-...nk-engine-fpc-4-0-by-internetexplorer.338957/

Rage83

Smash Ace
Nah, it's alright! I may have gotten too excited to hear a response, honestly. ^^;

And lenk haz been giben.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nc8sp7s8wttx2a8/Alt Fox & Falco JP Brawl Voice.rar

I took a few tiny liberties to make sure they wouldn't freeze ingame, but I can edit it again if need be whenever you're able to figure out the KO sounds.

And I know ya can. :3
US Version, of Fox, with Smash 4 (AKA Star Fox 64 3D) Fox as an English-speaking Melee Fox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/er6h2myjpa1usg1/17.sawnd?dl=0

Same, for Falco:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dn55jzh881x9frm/28.sawnd?dl=0

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I would also like to know about replacing the alt sound effects, I have 5 melee slot Fox's and would love to enjoy them all with Melee Fox voices. Is there any simple way to edit them to make that happen?

Rage83

Smash Ace
I would also like to know about replacing the alt sound effects, I have 5 melee slot Fox's and would love to enjoy them all with Melee Fox voices. Is there any simple way to edit them to make that happen?
I use a FitFox.Pac with 5 Melee Alt SFX Fox Costumes. I'll send it over later.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoshifan8
3DS FC
4639-9075-7071
Im not sure if anyone else has his problem, but in my build of project m hackless (with all of algeorgeromo's melee remastered models), i added your sounds of melee pack to my build and i ran into 3 problems: Luigi goes into a T-pose with both of his side taunts, Bowser slides across the ground diagonally when I land with the Whirling Fortress (Up-B) on a few certain frames, and when Fox recovers from an air dodge, the game freezes.

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
anyone have a link to a melee announcer that is wifi safe for 3.5??
nvm just clicked on the melee sfx logo on the 1st page, just wondering i downloaded the no homebrew wifi safe set of pm and when i downloaded the general melee sfx pack it came with a RSBE01 wifi file i was wondering do i have to replace that with the one that came from the pm 3.5 download for it to not desync online?

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
I use a FitFox.Pac with 5 Melee Alt SFX Fox Costumes. I'll send it over later.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d59lvi4077pqdxd/FitFox.pac?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mzjsg6yj2gxglb/FitFalco.pac?dl=0

Note: These will break SSE and Fianl Smashes for Fox and Falco. I have no idea why, but they do.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
FOR EVERYONE!
Some characters have received small updates. Check the Updates changelog in the OP to see who and what has been done. Also plz note: The changes are currently only available in each characters' individual download. The packs do not contain these updates as of yet.

Dude, I love this mod. Only complaint is that I feel as though the sound for fox's nair and bair needs a general sound increase.
Boi yew trippin'

Hmmm. I still find some "whoosing" sounds missing. Namely, Falco's whirling Weak Attack.

Also, still awaiting Kirby and Mr. Game & Watch.
Yew trippin' tew...

Actually what sounds are you all talking about exactly? lol

i personally find it just fine the way it is. aside from those minor issues with falco, everything else sounds the way it should
^ That one quote above... (It may be fixed nao already tho.

Okay, so I know what the guy who had the Zero SFXes was talking about. I can hear it too. Roy's Neutral Special plays for me on almost every normal attack. And on the side tilts too. This'll need to be fixed.
The person who will need to fix this is... not me. Although future versions of Roy's mod may just happen to possibly mayhaps probably maybe fix that issue... Probably... or something. I doubt it... but maybe.

Hey um, what did i do wrong? all your ALT sound packs dont really work for me. They dont work as they should, and dont change with character costumes. (lol at fox yelling LANDMASTER, when he lands a grab!)
yoyoyo

i fixed it man, dont worry! just didnt replace the files when i put the sounds in super sawnds
I experienced this when I was first making their Alt SFX mods. I know it was frackin hilarious to experience that LMAO!

hey Mr. Amazerommu, is the wifi-safe gct actually wifi-safe? because you know, previous versions used to desync and stuff
NOPE! Whoever you're playin with also has to have everything installed the way yew do. Making an actual wifi-safe version of these would take entirely too much... things and stuff... effort.

Alright, so I have a question. I just used the cBliss Tool and got the expanded costumes working with Project M, and I also made it so Ganondorf has 11 costumes. I was wondering, is it possible to make the first six Ganondorf slots (FitGanon00-06) to have the Brawl voice, and the other five OoT slots (FitGanon07-11) could have the Melee voice? Right now, the last Brawl Ganondorf costume and the first four OoT costumes have the Melee voice, and the last OoT costume just freezes. Thanks in advance!
El oh el. Yes that would only require a small edit to Ganon's .pac file... Although... I don't think it would fix your issue of the last Ganon freezing.

Tbh, I would prefer Japanese Melee Falco and Fox.

Can't wait for Melee Kirbs and Jiggs though. (Especially dat French Rondoudou voice.)
French Rondoudou voice? lmao. Is there actually a Rondoudou version of Jiggz somewhere? lmao... Well I imagine in France. But do these files exist? 'Rondoudou' as a Star KO... I feel like it would destroy my hilarity unit.

Im not sure if anyone else has his problem, but in my build of project m hackless (with all of algeorgeromo's melee remastered models), i added your sounds of melee pack to my build and i ran into 3 problems: Luigi goes into a T-pose with both of his side taunts, Bowser slides across the ground diagonally when I land with the Whirling Fortress (Up-B) on a few certain frames, and when Fox recovers from an air dodge, the game freezes.
Sounds like these are moooost likely problems with the models and/or incompatibility or some such nonsense... I'd say check with AlGeorgeRomo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d59lvi4077pqdxd/FitFox.pac?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mzjsg6yj2gxglb/FitFalco.pac?dl=0

Note: These will break SSE and Fianl Smashes for Fox and Falco. I have no idea why, but they do.
Same. Probably something has to do with Brawlbox on PSA... :/
I do believe I had this problem when making the mods initially. Testing Final Smashes lead to a big freeeeeeze. Not sure how I ended up fixing... No idea on SSE though.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Amazerommu, bruh, can i PM you for a bit of help with SFX PSA'ing?
something's not working as intended, (nothing game-breaking, that is)

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
I'd really like to have the alt voice mods work with Brawl's default sfx instead of Melee's. How would I go about doing that? PSA?

Juken

Smash Ace
Does Roy's voice sound louder than most of the cast to anyone else or is it just me?

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Does Roy's voice sound louder than most of the cast to anyone else or is it just me?
I thought so too, I can't say for sure but I think most the 'higher quality' voices sound louder than the default brawl voices.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Amazerommu, bruh, can i PM you for a bit of help with SFX PSA'ing?
something's not working as intended, (nothing game-breaking, that is)
Yuh! Of course! Lol

I'd really like to have the alt voice mods work with Brawl's default sfx instead of Melee's. How would I go about doing that? PSA?
Wull... Someone is supposed to be - and I'm not saying it's me! But - someone is supposed to be doing this as a request for Codex' thread... Okay let's be honest it's me. I had been planning to do that anyway for quite a while. And it got expedited due to @Codex. So... Yeah you can expect that at some point.

I thought so too, I can't say for sure but I think most the 'higher quality' voices sound louder than the default brawl voices.
You all are correct. This is on the list... was on the list before. The things I've done so far haven't worked. But I'm reworking this guy anyway... and Mewtwo. Things should be better. Especially for Mewtwo... My only problem is time... Make me rich so I has all the free time. Things would get done so much faster! I did all of the 3.5 updates in about 5 days while I was off work over Christmas... Imagine how fast these small fixes would get done. Lol.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord

Attachments

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I leave for two months (again), and come back to see:
  • 3 more Alt SFX packs
  • Roy
  • MELEE BASS???
I'm done. My life is now complete. Actually that's a lie.

I come from the Melee Workshop. Let me just get those dumped real fast.
Melee Bass!!! LMAO! I have done a few things...

Also Rondoudou... Hook it UP!

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Project M Star's version of Falco, with our alternate SFX and a special change. The change is a fixed Brawl Reflector. As opposed to Brawl's version, this uses a bigger version of Melee's hitbox(to match the size of the reflector in the animation) which sends at the Sakurai angle(changes based on damage, and is Brawl Refector's angle). Also, the hitbox stays out for as long as it should(the hitbox is there until Falco puts it back on his hip, as opposed to just until the Reflector starts coming back to him) and can be canceled into a jump once Falco grabs the reflector. Because the hitbox stays out for as long as it was originally intended to(I guess Brawl had a typo) there is a new tactic that you can use with it. I call it a rising reflector. the hitbox duration makes it so you can get much better hitbox coverage in the air by jumping and immediately using the Reflector, causing it to move very differently as it struggles to follow a falling Falco. Anyways, here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osviihg3pgzmy2m/falco.zip?dl=0

Includes 5 Melee Falco costumes(PM Defaults plus a custom SNES Falco) because the PSA uses 5 with the English Smash 4 clips, and the needed sawnd file. Probably has the same SSE and Final Smash issues as my other PSA edit in this thread(freezes).

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Project M Star's version of Falco, with our alternate SFX and a special change. The change is a fixed Brawl Reflector. As opposed to Brawl's version, this uses a bigger version of Melee's hitbox(to match the size of the reflector in the animation) which sends at the Sakurai angle(changes based on damage, and is Brawl Refector's angle). Also, the hitbox stays out for as long as it should(the hitbox is there until Falco puts it back on his hip, as opposed to just until the Reflector starts coming back to him) and can be canceled into a jump once Falco grabs the reflector. Because the hitbox stays out for as long as it was originally intended to(I guess Brawl had a typo) there is a new tactic that you can use with it. I call it a rising reflector. the hitbox duration makes it so you can get much better hitbox coverage in the air by jumping and immediately using the Reflector, causing it to move very differently as it struggles to follow a falling Falco. Anyways, here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osviihg3pgzmy2m/falco.zip?dl=0

Includes 5 Melee Falco costumes(PM Defaults plus a custom SNES Falco) because the PSA uses 5 with the English Smash 4 clips, and the needed sawnd file. Probably has the same SSE and Final Smash issues as my other PSA edit in this thread(freezes).
Ooooo this is cool. Also I just noticed what your avatar was. 10/10

Rage83

Smash Ace
Ooooo this is cool. Also I just noticed what your avatar was. 10/10
Thanks, I wanted to see what a fixed Brawl Falco would be like with both voices. I forgot to mention earlier, but a few special move sounds have been changed to Brawl Esque ones for a unique sound compared to Fox, too. Don't worry, the only blaster sound change is the actual shot, which is a somewhat Melee-ified version of the Brawl sound. Also, I guess you know the Filia color lol.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work on Dolphin emulator but can't seem to get any of the sfx sawnd files working. I replaced all the content from the pack into the projectm folder accordingly but no luck. I'm using Project M 3.5 iso builder Fullset if that helps. I assume it should work as I'm able to change character costumes and move sets through simply replacing files.

Is there something I'm missing? I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Juken

Smash Ace
Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work on Dolphin emulator but can't seem to get any of the sfx sawnd files working. I replaced all the content from the pack into the projectm folder accordingly but no luck. I'm using Project M 3.5 iso builder Fullset if that helps. I assume it should work as I'm able to change character costumes and move sets through simply replacing files.

Is there something I'm missing? I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks to everyone in advance.
The ISO builder uses the "smashbros_sound.brsar" for sound effects instead of the "sfx" folder, so that means you need to get sawndz (or super sawndz) and inject the .sawnd files from the Melee SFX pack into the brsar. Then you have to put the .bsrar file in the same folder as the iso builder.bat when preparing the iso.

This applies to pretty much any SFX mods, so do the same with non-Melee SFX related mods too.

Last edited:

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
The ISO builder uses the "smashbros_sound.brsar" for sound effects instead of the "sfx" folder, so that means you need to get sawndz (or super sawndz) and inject the .sawnd files from the Melee SFX pack into the brsar. Then you have to put the .bsrar file in the same folder as the iso builder.bat when preparing the iso.

This applies to pretty much any SFX mods, so do the same with non-Melee SFX related mods too.
This has worked wonders! Thanks so much for your help =D.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
any chance you might be able to fix Mario's first jump sfx? i think that's the only oddity left at this point
I knew... I KNEW I was forgetting something... Geht dernit... Yeah I'll try to get this fixed soon! Thanks for reminding meh!

The motion.pac files were a different size for some odd reason...
Ah... Laaaaaaaaame... I didn't think it had to do with any of the files I provide... That's still weird tho...

I made this melee splicing for Bagansmashbros.'s ridley mod
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw56v6uttgr1gaf/MeleeRidley Annoucercall.wav?dl=0

how is it? how could I add it to your 233.sawnd?
You'd have to figure out which character it's going over first and then replace that specific character's voice call with the one yew maid.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's nice to know you're still kickin, there was this weird lull where it was all quiet in here....I imagine Wario is still a thing that's happening so I'll buckle down and wait for the announcement on that, that'll be sure to get some people jumping!

And yeah that Mario fix is purely minor but it'd be nice, yeah.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's nice to know you're still kickin, there was this weird lull where it was all quiet in here....I imagine Wario is still a thing that's happening so I'll buckle down and wait for the announcement on that, that'll be sure to get some people jumping!

And yeah that Mario fix is purely minor but it'd be nice, yeah.
Ya I've been outta whack for the past few weeks... I still am really but I'm at least trying to respond to things in the thread and make a list of what I need to do when I have the time. Wario is gonna get a good treatment. Don't worry! Since his sfx will be 'from scratch' so-to-speak... it's gonna take me a little longer to get the rest of the stuff done. Glad on the voice part tho! It's purteh good! I might make some clips louder, but other than that: yesplz!

I have also decided to do another thing... @ Obskore Obskore . Gimme your ideas for Melee Sonic SFX! Lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom