• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goku1233

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brolyx1233
Hi everyone, I have an issue with Roy. For some unknown reason, I can hear his neutral B throughout the match. How do I fix this? Been doing this before I used any of the new melee sfx

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I would really love if you put together some kind of tutorial or even just a list of resources that you used to learn. The work you do with SFX is top notch, it would be interesting to see how you do it.
I might do something like this at some point haha.

Hi everyone, I have an issue with Roy. For some unknown reason, I can hear his neutral B throughout the match. How do I fix this? Been doing this before I used any of the new melee sfx
If you added his individual files in yourself, then you most likely forgot to replace the FitRoy.pac file with one of the ones in the download.

Last edited:

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Hey there Amaze! Just wanted to say I've been diggin' your Melee SFX packs for a while, and these new ones are no exception!

Also, I thought I'd ask you a little something. I just recently made a slight edit to your Alt Fox and Falco packs, to add their Brawl Japanese voices to both of them.

So with your permission, would you like me to upload them so you could perhaps add them as a little bonus? :3

Goku1233

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brolyx1233
I might do something like this at some point haha.

If you added his individual files in yourself, then you most likely forgot to replace the FitRoy.pac file with one of the ones in the download.
All I did was replace the 7.sawnd for the game and Roy has Zero's custom sawnd voice. However when I used your pac, its making sounds throughout the match and every time I dash he screams.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
All I did was replace the 7.sawnd for the game and Roy has Zero's custom sawnd voice. However when I used your pac, its making sounds throughout the match and every time I dash he screams.
Oh well there's the problem haha. If it's a different .sawnd file than the one I've provided then the sounds are probably arranged differently so that they aren't retrieved correctly.

Goku1233

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brolyx1233
Oh well there's the problem haha. If it's a different .sawnd file than the one I've provided then the sounds are probably arranged differently so that they aren't retrieved correctly.
Lol yea but here's the thing. Before I DL you sound files, my Roy had this issue before. Maybe I need to re-dl a fresh PM and see if it will work

Goku1233

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brolyx1233
Lol yea but here's the thing. Before I DL you sound files, my Roy had this issue before. Maybe I need to re-dl a fresh PM and see if it will work

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Urk, I guess this situation is a bit more important. o.o

I'll just...sit in the corner. ^^;

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey there Amaze! Just wanted to say I've been diggin' your Melee SFX packs for a while, and these new ones are no exception!

Also, I thought I'd ask you a little something. I just recently made a slight edit to your Alt Fox and Falco packs, to add their Brawl Japanese voices to both of them.

So with your permission, would you like me to upload them so you could perhaps add them as a little bonus? :3
Urk, I guess this situation is a bit more important. o.o

I'll just...sit in the corner. ^^;
Sorry! lol... I guess I forgot to respond with this when I first saw it:
"Gibe plox"

any update on a fix for falco's double jump sfx? literally the only thing left before it's 100% perfect.
Is this regular Falco we're talking about? Also what was wrong with it again? Laziness and things sorta preventing me from looking back to see what it was lol... I'm working on some fixes nao so if you catch me quick enough it'll make the update that is to come!

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010

tweakminded

Smash Rookie
NNID
TweakMinded
when you double jump with regular falco it plays his normal double jump sfx and his air dodge one at the same time when it should only be playing his double jump. his side-b sfx is also not the same as melee's. the only other thing that comes to mind is the up-b sfx is a bit quiet on alt-link sfx. not the voice part just the swoosh that plays simultaneously.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to only change a certain character's sound effects, specifically Marth's? I tried to just copy the .sawnd files and FitMarth.pac files over, but doing that seems to do nothing.

Edit: NVM, I suck at reading. I tried to copy only 26.sawnd and the fitMarth files over, but I don't get the slash effects or Marth's sound effects, and I do have the 7.sawnd copied over as well. It also might be that they're just too quiet for me to hear. Is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
when you double jump with regular falco it plays his normal double jump sfx and his air dodge one at the same time when it should only be playing his double jump. his side-b sfx is also not the same as melee's. the only other thing that comes to mind is the up-b sfx is a bit quiet on alt-link sfx. not the voice part just the swoosh that plays simultaneously.
This is weird but I noticed it too... It's weird cause... well not only are the sfx the exact same, but they're in the exact same sound slot... so there should literally be no difference lol. How... rude... This rudeness shall be fixed with next update.

I sent amazerommu the files required for a pretty suave update that is on its way, y'all should look forward to it, took me a lot of work!
Speaking of Link I just finished fixing his Ocarina taunt. So when you update it (when I upload the update... whenever that'll be), it won't continue playing sounds if you're holding a button and get hit out of the Ocarina taunt! "courage_yay.flac" (If you've watched Courage the Cowardly Dog you know what that "Yay" should sound like). And that was the last of the major major things I wanted to get done for this update... which meeeeaaaans... Wario stuff is goin... dayown.

Is there a way to only change a certain character's sound effects, specifically Marth's? I tried to just copy the .sawnd files and FitMarth.pac files over, but doing that seems to do nothing.

Edit: NVM, I suck at reading. I tried to copy only 26.sawnd and the fitMarth files over, but I don't get the slash effects or Marth's sound effects, and I do have the 7.sawnd copied over as well. It also might be that they're just too quiet for me to hear. Is there something I'm missing?
Where are you copying these files from? First if you only want Marth's sounds, download the General Melee SFX and copy over that Project M folder. It'll copy 7.sawnd and aaaaaaaaaall vanilla edited FitDood.pac files to have the Heavy Hit woosh sounds of Melee. Then from Marth's mod, you can either copy the 'projectm' folder over to your SD Card, or if you want one of the special Marth's, copy and rename one of the FitMarth_BlahBlahBlah.pac files into his fighter folder and copy 26.sawnd to the sfx folder... That should be all ya gotta do!

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
  • UpB: Give it a sequence of swings like the ones used in Mario's Dair, maybe with an upshifting-pitch 8-bit square waveform sound effect following the length of the animation
  • The hits should also work like Dr Mario's UpB, with the "Kick-S" sounds for every hit but the last one, being "Punch-L"

• DownB: ???
  • FireHit SFX for the... for when it hits :V

• NeutralB: nothing comes to mind for the startup animation D:
  • Maybe recycle Yoshi's or Bowser's biting sound effect for the bite animation that does damage

• SideB: bring back some sound from a Wario Land game to loop as long as the animation goes, you know you can last longer by jumping before the grounded version is about to end, it should also use signature step sounds fot the move (different from whatever normal step sounds you'll use, or just with a higher volume)
  • For the hits, i don't remember it there's a Sweetspot and Sourspot, but if that was the case, sourspot should have a Kick-L sound on hit, and the sourspot should use FireHit-L
and yeah i've been having this kind of ideas since LONG ago for the non-Melee characters, but i'm 2lazy to PSA it myself...

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I would definitely take Obskore's ideas as they all would flow well with the Wario voice supplemented (I promise you will all love the Wario voice. It's only missing the sleeping sounds but otherwise it's a very large improvement over his Brawl voice which I feel is too antagonistic and evil sounding for his moveset and Wario Land roots in P:M). They're all great and I think they'd work well.

I also like the idea of the FireHit SFX on the Fart just cause LOL

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
I also like the idea of the FireHit SFX on the Fart just cause LOL
oh yeah lol, btw when i said that it hits, i meant the cloud hitbox, but the moving body hitbox can also use Kick-L or just keep it FireHit-L too

if anyone comes up to do any other or the Brawl characters to help with this project, i'm the guy with the ideas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
oh yeah lol, btw when i said that it hits, i meant the cloud hitbox, but the moving body hitbox can also use Kick-L or just keep it FireHit-L too

if anyone comes up to do any other or the Brawl characters to help with this project, i'm the guy with the ideas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Zero Suit go! Also a lot of the ideas you had for Wario are what I was thinking about for him haha... I wonnderrrrr... If we'll have similar Amazerommu Suit ideas too haha.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Where are you copying these files from? First if you only want Marth's sounds, download the General Melee SFX and copy over that Project M folder. It'll copy 7.sawnd and aaaaaaaaaall vanilla edited FitDood.pac files to have the Heavy Hit woosh sounds of Melee. Then from Marth's mod, you can either copy the 'projectm' folder over to your SD Card, or if you want one of the special Marth's, copy and rename one of the FitMarth_BlahBlahBlah.pac files into his fighter folder and copy 26.sawnd to the sfx folder... That should be all ya gotta do!
Thanks for the help. When I do that, all of my background music becomes garbled, as if the melee song, and my own custom music is playing at the same time with static overlay. Also, certain characters have some bugs. Captain falcon's air dodge SFX becomes his FSmash, Bowser flame is SideB sound on loop, etc. Is there someway I can avoid this? I just wanted the slash sound effects from Melee...

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Did anyone else notice Mario is missing his "Here we go!" shout in his victory pose, or did I just not install the correct version.

And Luigi's tornado is also missing any sound for me, and Roy's neutral-b charge is very quiet, whereas the rest of his voice his kind of loud (his blast-off scream is the only one that makes my headphones actually crackle though from how loud it is).

Obskore

Smash Ace
ONE ZERO SUIT SAMUS COMING UP!

normals only for now

Jab: just like the usual, you know, like Mario. Fox, Falcon, Sheik's jabs. And for the hits, Punch-S, Punch-S, Kick-M

F-Tilt: well, just like every Ftilt that use kicks lol, same for on-hit

D-Tilt: yeah same... ^

U-Tilt: something like Pikachu's Nair or Falco's Dair maybe. For the hits, Kick-M first hit, SwordHit-M second hit, and if there's a sourspot in the second hit (don't remember if there's one), leave it it as Kick-M as well

F-Smash: SwordSwing-M or L and Melee Beam Sword Swing L at the same time for the swing. For the hits, let all hitboxes be ElectricHit-L, it's a freaking Plasma whip swung really wild

D-Smash: Beam Sword Swing-M for the shot. For the hit, use ElectricHit-L

Up-Smash: Beam Sword Swing-L for the swing as it lasts and fits perfectly for the duration of the lingering hitboxes. Use ElectricHit-S for the weak multi-hits and ElectricHit-M or L for the last one

Nair: BeamSword-M for the swing, ElectricHit-M for the hits

Fair: *cough cough* Captain Falcon's Nair. However it fits to use Kick-M or S for the first hit and L for the second hit

Up-Air: SwordSwing-M or L for the animation. SwordHit-L for sweetspot and Kick-M for the sourspot (hitting with the last frames of the move, with the hitbox that ends up behind Samus, like Falcon's Uair)

Bair: use the sound for Fox's Bair on the kick animation. Use Kick-L for the Sweetspot and M for the Sourspot

Dair: i think making it like Sheik's would fit. Kick-M or L for the hit

can't think of something unique for her grab and throws for now, so i'll leave it open

EDIT: updated spoilers

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Thanks for the help. When I do that, all of my background music becomes garbled, as if the melee song, and my own custom music is playing at the same time with static overlay. Also, certain characters have some bugs. Captain falcon's air dodge SFX becomes his FSmash, Bowser flame is SideB sound on loop, etc. Is there someway I can avoid this? I just wanted the slash sound effects from Melee...
Ummm you copied the 'projectm' folder from this mod yes? The only way I can see you getting those weird results (lol I bet it was kinda funny experiencing that at first) is downloading and copying the wrong 'projectm' folder, say from either the Full or Wifi Melee Sound packs.

Oh forgot:
Did anyone else notice Mario is missing his "Here we go!" shout in his victory pose, or did I just not install the correct version.

And Luigi's tornado is also missing any sound for me, and Roy's neutral-b charge is very quiet, whereas the rest of his voice his kind of loud (his blast-off scream is the only one that makes my headphones actually crackle though from how loud it is).
Weegee's Tornado is silent in Muhlay. Fun... well maybe NOT fun fact. lol

ONE ZERO SUIT SAMUS COMING UP!

normals only for now

Jab: just like the usual, you know, like Mario. Fox, Falcon, Sheik's jabs. And for the hits, Punch-S, Punch-S, Kick-M

F-Tilt: well, just like every Ftilt that use kicks lol, same for on-hit

D-Tilt: yeah same... ^

U-Tilt: something like Pikachu's Nair or Falco's Dair maybe. For the hits, Kick-M first hit, SwordHit-M second hit, and if there's a sourspot in the second hit (don't remember if there's one), leave it it as Kick-M as well

F-Smash: SwordSwing-M or L and Melee Beam Sword Swing L at the same time for the swing. For the hits, let all hitboxes be ElectricHit-L, it's a freaking Plasma whip swung really wild

D-Smash: Beam Sword Swing-M for the shot. For the hit, use ElectricHit-L

Up-Smash: Beam Sword Swing-L for the swing as it lasts and fits perfectly for the duration of the lingering hitboxes. Use ElectricHit-S for the weak multi-hits and ElectricHit-M or L for the last one

Nair: BeamSword-M for the swing, ElectricHit-M for the hits

Fair: *cough cough* Captain Falcon's Nair. However it fits to use Kick-M or S for the first hit and L for the second hit

Up-Air: SwordSwing-M or L for the animation. SwordHit-L for sweetspot and Kick-M for the sourspot (hitting with the last frames of the move, with the hitbox that ends up behind Samus, like Falcon's Uair)

Bair: use the sound for Fox's Bair on the kick animation. Use Kick-L for the Sweetspot and M for the Sourspot

Dair: i think making it like Sheik's would fit. Kick-M or L for the hit

can't think of something unique for her grab and throws for now, so i'll leave it open
Golden so far! Haha... I guess it's about time I started messing with Hit SFX and flags and such more thoroughly...

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Ummm you copied the 'projectm' folder from this mod yes? The only way I can see you getting those weird results (lol I bet it was kinda funny experiencing that at first) is downloading and copying the wrong 'projectm' folder, say from either the Full or Wifi Melee Sound packs.
Ah thx for the help. I must have copied the projectm folder from the full pack not the general pack. That fixed the static overlay and weird glitches, but for some reason all sounds other than the slash SFX are super quiet. Is there a way for me to increase the volume on those, or better yet, is there a way for me to have just the slash SFX and keep the regular SFX for other hits?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ah thx for the help. I must have copied the projectm folder from the full pack not the general pack. That fixed the static overlay and weird glitches, but for some reason all sounds other than the slash SFX are super quiet. Is there a way for me to increase the volume on those, or better yet, is there a way for me to have just the slash SFX and keep the regular SFX for other hits?
It's something I'm working on. Next update will have slightly louder hit sfx that should sound normal compared to Brawl hit sfx. I thought they were kinda low but I didn't wanna change 'em without input from you guys first.

TPW_ThatOneGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerry-ThatOneGuy
3DS FC
3239-4044-4959
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but on Mario's first jump, there is no voice. In Melee, it was a "woot, hahoo" kinda thing, but here it's just a very, very faint "*boing*", then a "hahoo". However, I am not using the GCT included with the mod so that might possibly, maybe, have something to do with it.
Also, when Mario hops out of the warp pipe at the beginning of a match, it's his Brawl "Letsa-go!" instead of the more cheerful "Letsa-go!" from Super Mario 64 that an older version of the mod had. It's really jarring if you notice it, but it's nothing major otherwise.

BeatMax Sakuraba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Neku2012
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
Okay, so I know what the guy who had the Zero SFXes was talking about. I can hear it too. Roy's Neutral Special plays for me on almost every normal attack. And on the side tilts too. This'll need to be fixed.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Hey um, what did i do wrong? all your ALT sound packs dont really work for me. They dont work as they should, and dont change with character costumes. (lol at fox yelling LANDMASTER, when he lands a grab!)

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Hey um, what did i do wrong? all your ALT sound packs dont really work for me. They dont work as they should, and dont change with character costumes. (lol at fox yelling LANDMASTER, when he lands a grab!)
yoyoyo

i fixed it man, dont worry! just didnt replace the files when i put the sounds in super sawnds

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hmmm. I still find some "whoosing" sounds missing. Namely, Falco's whirling Weak Attack.

Also, still awaiting Kirby and Mr. Game & Watch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom