• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Retirement Service

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
While most of us are certainly going to play Melee again at some point, I implore all of you to give it the respect it deserves and honor it with a proper retirement service.

My roommate and I plan to give every character one last KO before putting the disc back in it's case.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I'm showing my respects by participating in a local event on the 8th that has both Melee and Brawl.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
sounds very honorable...you should also place it on some sort of cabinet so that you guys can remember the glory that was Melee...
I salute you

Zodiac

Smash Master
Ah, me and my friends will certainly have one last match. I wish I could have one last match with yatta dante on melee though, but when I do start playing brawl I know that the truth is, I wont play melee again, if theres a melee tournament on the side of a bigger brawl tournament I will participate but, it wont be the same anymore. Melee wil become, obsolete I will have one last great melee before the brawl.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I'll never put any of my games into retirement ;_; all of them are great and I always get around to play them again and again.

Melee is one of the last games I would put into retirement. It is one of my most played and has lasted 7 years. Its a classic.

Of course, Brawl will also be a classic.

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
Well before playing the US version of SSBB I will put SSBB Japanese aside til I completed SSBM 100% with all the trophies, chars, bonusses and stuff [but not with all the messages..playing a few million games takes too long ;)]. Once that is done, I'll put the savegame away with the game and play Brawl til someone asks me for Melée.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They say retirement is the best part of life. Just ask smash 64. Heck, it's been more active in retirement then when it wasn't in retirement. That crazy old man, smash 64!

:laugh:

Retirement is like graduating from school-it's just another (fun) phase of life. Still, have it go out with a bang! I'll say goodbye my Fox in Melee, as well as Link, Falco, Roy (especially Roy; I <3 you, in Melee, and Sword of the Seals; both are teh pwnz), Peach, and Ness. And I'll even be nice, and give Pichu, Dr. Mario, and ESPECIALLY Mewtwo a nice goodbye dedication! :) I might even be nice to characters I formerly used-Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Kirby. But most importantly, I got to say goodbye to Fox as my main, say goodbye to Mewtwo, and I hope he's in Smash Bros. 4 (or I'm not buyin!), and I'll especially say goodbye to Roy, who has been a great, fun, and classy character to play as for almost 6 years as a secondary and thirdary character!

But I suppose I'll see Fox, Link, Falco, Peach, and Ness in Brawl, so I can't complain. Especially since I got the Nessorzz backz! :) But Roy, rest in peace...until next time! ;) I gotta have some more fun with Roy, since he's always been a fun character. I love playing as Roy, and I'll never stop.

Retirement from Melee is what I'm doing, but I'm not putting it on my shelf, and same goes with smash 64. Retirement is yet another form of life. I have a newborn Brawl to attend to, but I'll still play all three smash games, as a "true smasher". Melee just won't be number one in my heart, Brawl will. Smash 64 will be number three. And Toon Link will be soooo high up there, he can't even be a number. In fact, he's a letter! :laugh:

Have a good retirement, Melee, and may you NEVER rest in peace, and may you have the smash 64 effect...and eventually, be on Kaillera to play online! (w00t) :)

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Have a good retirement, Melee, and may you NEVER rest in peace,
ZOMBIE MELEE!!!

I'm having a big Brawl party with five Wiis and five copies of the game for my crew on the 9th.

I think I'm going to force a group of four of us to play one more match on Final in Melee after we get home from the game store but before we're allowed to setup Brawl.

That's my tribute.

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
Smashing all day until I go pick up Brawl at midnight. It'll be heart-wrenching.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Retire? NO.
I am playing 2 cool matches of Melee after arriving home with Brawl, and then I insert Brawl and play like crazy. I'll be sure to play Melee again that night as well, and I'm never stopping Melee. I'm still trying to get better! :O

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
having a last match b4 opening my brawl's definitely a good idea
last falcon moonwalk edgeguard sounds great for the final melee battle

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
I have yet to buy a Wii ..

Ah, well, I know I'll be playing SSBB, SSBM, and SSB on my future Wii anyways, so no retirement just yet (unless I somehow bump into Powerstone 2 again...)!

DannyMDEFactor

Smash Cadet
Well my gamecube broke (I'll be getting a Wii soon) and I lend someone my melee so I"ve been retired for a while... except when I goto a friend's house. lol

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
A retirement style plan was already pushed onto me. Heh, a lot of my friends have said over the past month that they will be coming to my house on Friday to Smash on Melee. Since I often go random after a while, I'm sure everyone will get their final melee KO.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
lol i remember getting that message that i have done 4999 fights, which is a cent i payed for every fight. actually it uses some wierd word for fight........

Mzero

Smash Cadet
I already gave melee a service. Me and some friends met up at one of their houses and we had the ****ing most ***-woopinest melee fest ive had in a while. We played like every match type imaginable. I tried pichu for the 1st time in years. me and that melee had some good times.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I agree with this thread.... The melee vet deserves his last hurrah!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
My last Melee Match will be:

Fountain of Dreams (RIP :()
Mewtwo, Lv. 9 CPU Roy & Lv. 9 CPU Dr. Mario (Team Red) vs. Lv. 1 CPU Pichu (Team Blue) :D
Red Shells on VERY HIGH (to honor thy fallen item)
99 Stock Match

The best way to honor Melee. Use the best forgotten stage, the best of the 4 forgotten characters, and the best forgotten item to KO PICHU.

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
Ode to Melee

What's left, but memory sweet and song,
How shadows lay till to melee's fading visage,
Memories fall far from rivals fought all too long,
"Your *** is toast" was your get-across-message,
Sheiks and Foxs and Marths simply newbie dedication,
With Peach and Falco close to follow,
The bottom tier wasn't hard hard enough to smash,
With no items here on final destination,
Fox vs Fox was merely getting hollow,
"Rest Melee long and hard for you have done your days of work."

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm going to be playing a lot on Saturday, then I will place it in it's box for the first time in a LONG while.

Goodbye Melee, hello Brawl.

-Ran

Smash Master
Beat the ever living crap out my friends, and crush that glimmer of hope that they'll have a chance in Brawl. =p

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Play it all day on saturday. I will play as all the characters who were cut. This will be their finest hour.

I'm gonna miss you, old friend.

R.I.P. Melee

(Yeah, I'll probably play a few matches during the summer just for fun)

Milk!

Smash Rookie
I'll be playing all day and night until 12am.
That's when I'll be heading down to Gameestop to pick-up brawl.

TheStig

Smash Lord
Well I don't own the game. I've been borrowing the game from my library since September and been renewing it since. I will return it for good on thursday.

Top Bottom