• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
aww deva, im not in your PR?! =(
WHY? you didnt even mention me in your explanations. T_T

i placed decent in both the PR pools had. + gone out of state for random things XD and am alright there go kinda deep and what not. soo yeah.. i ono. counting me out seems a little much.

+ I won UW TOURNEY OMFG> THAT PUTS ME AT 1 AT LEAST GAISE. WTF.
but i ono. i hope deva just forgot about me, and not just ignored my presence in wa smash. XD

BladeWise

Smash Lord
other than the freakin slow way the sakuracon tournament was run, it was sooo good.

Absolutely obliterating everyone is too fun. (tudios scared me for a second there though). Wow'ing a crowd with my Peach was too cool. Hooray free XBox 360.

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, my bad Vish. I just cut and pasted the other PR with minor changes for me since I got moved down like 2-3 spots. Honestly I think you should be like right around the rest of us. Somewhere between 7-13. I'd have to contemplate a little more, but roughly that's where you'd stand.

brdy said:
And yeah I always try my super duper hardest in friendlies duh
So.....what was your point, if you weren't really trying how is that a way to judge that you go 50/50 lol. And if you're basing it off that he still did better overall, main or not.

brdy said:
Oh and @ Deva: PR list isn't about who places above who in one or two tournaments, it's about who a person plays and how good they do. If I had your bracket I would've been in the same spot you were :p
Exactly my point. "It's about who a person plays and how good they do." I'm pretty sure Cmin beat Bart and Fletcher, both players are supposed to be roughly on the same level as us and I beat Cmin pretty hard in tournament so I doubt you would have been in the same spot lol. I mean, It's possible you could have beaten him but the brackets are as they stand and "what ifs" are irrelevant.

You 're also right, PR isn't based on how someone does based on 1-2 tournaments. Pretty sure this was your first GC and the second time you've played the guys from Western Washington who aern't in the top 5. Is that grounds to exclude you from the PR completely? Lol, I'm pretty sure you still deserve a spot, but I don't think it should be as high just because the other Western Wa guys have only played you twice. Is that realy fair to the players that have been consistantly attending GC?

brdy_

Smash Lord
I've beaten Cmin plenty of times. Fletcher loses to randoms and Bart went Falcon like a ******. And I've played with Otto and Shane a ton. I didn't mean to start an argument, calm down :O

You realize I was saying YOU should be HIGHER right?

Deva

Smash Lord
I've beaten Cmin plenty of times. Fletcher loses to randoms and Bart went Falcon like a ******. And I've played with Otto and Shane a ton. I didn't mean to start an argument, calm down :O

You realize I was saying YOU should be HIGHER right?
dude, give Fletcher a break, he's good, and he has an account you know, he can read everything you write. Also, pretty sure Falcon does better against Falco than Link does, lol. Plus I was referring to the other Western Players not in the top 5.

Anyways, no offense to you. It's not really a serious argument, I'm just annoyed by how far Shane put me on his PR, no biggie. It's up for discussion. It's like Wiki said, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I have to talk down on others to justify my position. It sucks. Wait......did I just agree with Duke???? lol, jk.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to Teddy at Sakura Con...256 entries and Teddy came out on top.

It was a little slow, but with 256 people and 12 stations, not a lot more that could be done to speed it up.
Next Year the hope is that there are 16+ Stations so that two divisions can be run at a time, making it a 4ish hr tournament.

----------------------

So whats this PR *****ing about? is it Melee or Brawl? Do I need to put you nubs in order?? hehe

sagemoon

Smash Lord
wow jem wtf? Randoms are people who randomly show up to tournaments and are relatively unknown. I've been to the tournaments 2 years straight almost and have been on the PR pools. I might not be the best, but im not a random.

losing to randoms would be like losing to my brothers roy... no wait.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I'm pretty well known in the state. Or at least at GameClucks. If i went to another state I would be considered a random. In fact at sakuracon, ppl I didnt even recognize would be all like "hey arent you that fate guy?"

sagemoon

Smash Lord
How'd you do at Sakuracon?
Wasnt there like, no competition besides Paul and Teddy?
I was doing really good until the tournament. I beat some guy in friendlies a lot, then at the tournament he counterpicked jiggs on me (best of 1 btw). He was decent but I suck at the jiggs matchup.

Anyways he lost to some bad kirby player.... yeah. Tudios is pretty decent and he was there, so was xander and paul. I dont remember his name, but a guy that plays samus and goes to gameclucks. Jorge was there too. Artiface was there as well. Thats all the players I remember.

Jem.

Smash Master
Hmm. Too bad I was busy, maybe Teddy and I woulda been in finals. And dat shieeet woulda been epik ya hurr?
free 360 for beating mostly bad competition = a tournament worth going to lol.

And that is why you play tertiaries in friendlies =p

sagemoon

Smash Lord
tertiaries? whats that. And you prolly wouldnt meet up with teddy in the finals. Not unless you got lucky or something. What if you met up in semis or quarters? It was single elimination tournament.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Sakuracon was basically the most fun I've had in a long long time. The cosplays were amazing. I pretty much fainted upon seeing Lindsey dressed up as Princess Rosalina.

That was a fun Melee tournament. Completely destroying tons of noobs is too good.
btw,the cute girl in the Prize Room gave me a massage for 30 minutes because I was shaking and tense after winning the Xbox 360. Got her number too.

tertiary = non-main character that you play

btw, I won the Brawl tournament too. Sagemoon's Pit is really good.

Also got 3rd in RE4 Mercenaries tournament.

I loved this weekend.

Jem.

Smash Master
Was finals Paul and Teddy?
Paul is good but I think I can beat him if needed.. Can just go fox or something.

That doesnt disregard that Teddy and I would be epik finalz.

Good job though Teddy, that sounds like a lot of ****.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Finals were teddy and D-man (or tudios) a player from oregon

And I agree w/ teddy, sakuracon was really fun this year. Oh and teddy. your fox was really good XD. But i have to ask.. WTF @ the 7 min matches with jorge?!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
lol sagemoon is no random, i went up to him and jorge and clarified those were guys from gameclucks. A ton of noobs there at sakuracon, but there was still a handful of good players.

Sakuracon was basically the most fun I've had in a long long time. The cosplays were amazing. I pretty much fainted upon seeing Lindsey dressed up as Princess Rosalina.

That was a fun Melee tournament. Completely destroying tons of noobs is too good.
btw,the cute girl in the Prize Room gave me a massage for 30 minutes because I was shaking and tense after winning the Xbox 360. Got her number too.

tertiary = non-main character that you play

btw, I won the Brawl tournament too. Sagemoon's Pit is really good.

Also got 3rd in RE4 Mercenaries tournament.

I loved this weekend.
teddy youre cool

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Uhm wait how do you guys determine PR's? can I like be on the list like on the bottom or something? lol anyways I also want to post about maybe hosting a tournament in Redmond and since i'm not all too fond of smashboards Imma post this link...

allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=4818

I'm trying to get suggestions and like a date and stuff and if anyone's interested.

lol wtf is with this changing the words anyway... you can look through aib regional zones to find the thread or change the word in the link...

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Wow, Ammon is too good, when you get a ruled made after you then you know you are good. "Luigi isn't allowed in low tier tournaments because he wins normal tournaments."

lol!

Top Bottom