• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

sagemoon

Smash Lord
didn't fletcher tie with you? lol calm down

sagemoon did like 2 matches better than ademisk, who i believe won one match.

mike b has been smashing longer than like everyone currently in the active melee scene and has always been pretty good, even after not playing at all anymore.
get your facts straight. I went 14-10 in the pools and 2-0 fletcher....

Also ademisk won 3 matches, one against jorge and 2 against paul

Help!

Smash Journeyman
wtf was that 2nd movie ademisk? i just watched for like 5 minutes and then had a ciesure. was that supposed to happen?

Jem.

Smash Master
Oh.
No, Bust a move is ***** ****
Bust A Groove 1 and 2 on Playstation 1 = ****.

EDIT: I meant to swear @ bust a move, and I dont know if I meant to say bi.tch $hit or what, but, bust a groove > bust a move.

Deva

Smash Lord
1 ka
2 eggz
3 dj c
4 otto
5 teddy
6 dan
7 jem

Deva, Chip, Brady, can't decide the order yet.
11 Fletcher
12 Mike B/ Zeru??
13 emo$
14 jamo
15 sagemoon

I'd just like to point out that I did place 5th at the Jiggs. Not all that great, but only Shane, Nate, Otto, and Teddy placed higher than me. I tied with Bart and beat Cmin who did beat Fletche and Bart >_>. In tournament I 3 stocked his Marth and JV 3 stocked his Falco. I also placed above Brady and Fletcher, beat Fletcher in a money match there, and took a round off Nate's Falco. I'm just saying I don't think I should be moved down as far as I have been. Maybe 9th or 10th. Also, I agree with Brady. I don't think Fletcher should be ablove us on the PR. He's good, but we've both beaten him either in Tournament or in money matches. I also went 1-1 with him in pools, which brings me to my next point. PR pools seems like a poor representation of a players skill just because of the whole 2 matches deal. It's like a Player A could go 1-1 with 5 players and Player B could go 2-0 with 4 and 1-1 with the last. That means Player B would win, yet, if it was 2-3 like it should be, player A could go 2-1 with all the players and player B could go 2-0 with everyone and 1-2 with the last. That means player A would win. In my case, it just seems like since each player gets to chose the stage, I went 1-1 in pools more often than I should have, like when a Marth would pick YS or when a Fox would pick Green Greens. I just believe if it was 2-3 I probably would have done better. Anyways, I also don't think someone who I've never played and rarely attends GC should be above me on the PR either. I know Mike is good, but I've never played him 1v1 before. Back when I would come to GC every month before the snow I never once saw him there. I haven't been able to come much recently but I don't see why Chip and I won't be able to start coming again next month. Also, I don't know what order to put Chip Brady and I in, but Chip and I are about 50-50. I think Chip usually beats Brady just because of the whole Young Link vs Peach thing, and I go roughly 60/40 with Brady. It's pretty even, but I think I win a little more often in all the matches we've played recently. Also, I Came to GC all of Last year and Brady came to 1 so >_>. He's still really good though, and I don't really mind if he's above me, It's mainly just that I don't think Fletcher should be above me. Chip and I are still about the same so keeping us together on the PR is pretty accurate. You can tell better next month if needed when he comes. Finally, I think we shouldn't stop updating the PR. I know people aren't going to be playing much anymore, but if we lower the entry fee it might help. I just feel that there are a few of us that still enjoy the game enough to keep playing it competetively and should have the opportunity to move up.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Good stuff Deva. I like it when a guy comes with the facts. I just wanted to get in before anyone flamed. Brdy and Mike shouldn't be offended. I know it sucks to be in Deva's position to try to justify one's position at the expense of others.

Jem.

Smash Master
Mike B (Zeru) should either be number 8 or 7 imo. We're pretty even in 1v1 and in teams we beat Robbie and Gimpy and almost took Teddy and Adam (Noobking) to game 5. Let's not talk about how Kage and John went in Winners Finals.. >_<. But still, mike's really good.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
wow. 40 brawl, 8 melee. **** life.

also
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157106

tell us what you think of UW players lil bit.
I don't really know what to think. I don't think one can accurately judge how good they are, I mean it seems like they only play with each other. For some reason NONE of them responded to my Seattle thread. Oh well, If they still play melee I'll see if I can play 'em and tell you what's up. I'm a little rusty though.

they seemed bad
I wouldn't be so quick to judge, I know players who thought someone seemed bad and ended up losing to them in a tournament.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Yeah, has Chip gone to any tournaments lately? I love your bro but idk...

Also if you remember the last time we had friendlies at your house Deva, me and Chip were going pretty even. I am pretty sure it was about 50/50 with his Y Link, and 60(him)/40(me) with his tertiaries? (lolwut?)

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm just saying, I woulda won that tournament, so, compared to me, I consider the rest of the competition besides Vish not so good. Nothing wrong with imo, right?

Chip.

you know what to do
Yeah, has Chip gone to any tournaments lately? I love your bro but idk...

Also if you remember the last time we had friendlies at your house Deva, me and Chip were going pretty even. I am pretty sure it was about 50/50 with his Y Link, and 60(him)/40(me) with his tertiaries? (lolwut?)
I love you too brady

but I didn't know that we were trying very seriously in those friendlies were we? o_O lol. Not saying I wasn't trying at all with my young Link, but I don't think you should base my skill level off those few friendlies lol. They're just friendlies (add some money in though I'll change my mind ^_^). Btw, I only used my Marth and Fox once though. How could there have been a 60/40 win ratio then :laugh: ?

I haven't played Melee for a while now but if I put a little time into it (like 2 weeks or so) I'd probably be just as good as I was before I started getting good at Brawl. BTW I also need to play with some more people than just Deva at Melee though if I need to sharpen up.

I think I'm as good as Deva too. I wish I could go to tournaments more often though.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Lol I won a tournament once, and took 2nd in teams @ GC when skypal was there with BaleFireBoy (our team name was Feathers and Fabric) >_>
I won an EWA tournament once. Faced Kamaji in finals when he used Jigglypuff

I also took 1st in teams at a Portland tourney last summer with Bart. We beat Aftermath and MCS in finals :D

I think that's it though =\

Top Bottom