• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

sagemoon

Smash Lord
WOW YOU JUST REALIZED IKE IS SLOW?
Sounds like SOMEONE ELSE IS SLOW LOLOLOLOLZ.
Who said I just realized it lol. I was just pointing out a ike onry will be dumb cuz ike is dumb and slow.

More like Ike is good and *****. He's not even that slow when you space with him properly.
wtf spacing doesnt magically make moves faster. Ike will still be slow and dumb no matter how good of spacing or mindgames the player uses. He's a dumb character that only has a chance of winning with lag when all moves are slow and dumb.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Ike onry sounds good, but people would still be able to use falcon right (Since he replaces bowser as worst character ever).

Also, it looks like I have to take the train up, which station should I go to and would anyone be able to pick me up?

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Ike onry sounds good, but people would still be able to use falcon right (Since he replaces bowser as worst character ever).

Also, it looks like I have to take the train up, which station should I go to and would anyone be able to pick me up?
Yeah... That's why we should be doing an Ike onry cause he's too cool and Falcon should be allowed cause he is garbage. Plus it doesnt matter if he's fast or slow cause it's Ike only... so he would be exactly the same match up...

I know Eggz, Duggish, and I would be down for it and sounds like Silent Wolf might want in too?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I am back from Belize.
Too much spam/garbage on this board to actually try and go back and read the last 2 1/2 weeks... so I am not going too.

Deva

Smash Lord
Ike is bad no matter what ppl say. He just.... is.
Or maybe you just don't know how to use Ike properly. Unless you power shield all his attacks, he can spam his fair and won't be shield grabbed. Plus his jabs are actually fast, combo into themselves, and are one of the fastest attacks in the game. If running speed is the issue use short bursts of side b. It's pretty quick, and if you don't hit with it you can attack right out of it. On top of that, his ledge stall with aether is ****. or just up b in general is ****. You prolly just don't know how to use him. How bout I mm you with Ike. use whoever you want. Even Pit.

artifice

Smash Ace
ikes arnt winning or doing well in any notable tournments, and online dosnt count...

tier lists are based on tournment results, get it?

therfore, meta and snake and g&w for top tier right now. and ike for suck tier.

Deva

Smash Lord
ikes arnt winning or doing well in any notable tournments, and online dosnt count...

When did anyone say Ike was top tier lol. Plus if you wanna base it off that, Azen has won using Ike lol.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman

personaly, i think G&W will get the top tier. hes just so god darned balanced.

artifice

Smash Ace
counters are important.

but its easy to give up on a hard matchup. like i thought i would never be able to keep close with nick's snake with ZSS, and everyone online said the same thing about the matchup, but lately ive been doing a lot beter.

and right now im dealing with meta knight's ***** ***.

i do find it a little harder to switch playing styles, but its geting there.

zamora

Smash Cadet
so im contemplating on making the trek out from mcchord afb to gameclucks for this tournament...its the closes tournament that I could find for brawl.

Where are the rules for the brawl tournies? i only see the rules for melee :( unless someone can direct me to them :D

its an hour drive from mcchord so says google maps, i come from central/south florida area, visiting here for the time being.

and how many usually show up?

BladeWise

Smash Lord
so im contemplating on making the trek out from mcchord afb to gameclucks for this tournament...its the closes tournament that I could find for brawl.

Where are the rules for the brawl tournies? i only see the rules for melee :( unless someone can direct me to them :D

its an hour drive from mcchord so says google maps, i come from central/south florida area, visiting here for the time being.

and how many usually show up?
Haha, an hour is nothing. We have people come from Canada and Oregon usually.
I really dont know how many will show for this GC. anywhere from 20 to 50.

The Brawl tourney is first. The rules are pretty similar to Melee's rules, with the exception of legal stages.

artifice

Smash Ace
pretty sure it goes

God tier: Snake

High Tier: Olimar, G&W

Melee Tier: Toon Link, Marth

Brawl Tier: Everyone else

I dont like your llist ;x where is MK!!! ! ! ! mk > marth. and no way toon link and marth are at the same level.

anyways....

God tier: Snake, toon link

High Tier: MK, G&W

Melee Tier: Marth, Olimar

brawl: everone not listed

zamora

Smash Cadet
ok, well now seeing how there are doubles happening, are doubles going to be ran first before singles?

i dont want to be there at 11am when the turny starts and wait for 5 hours to go by just waiting for doubles to end..

thats how its been happening in florida lately :(

zamora

Smash Cadet
how many wii set ups will be there?

im just trying to get a feel for how early id have to leave in order to make it before singles start

T0MMY

Smash Master
Eugene may be attending this.
I have to question why it might work out that first place would get less money if there's more attendance. Not just the percentages, but the actual payout 15 teams vs 16 teams entering. I didn't do the math on the singles.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Here is the next couple of months of tournaments...

SSBB/SSBM 2v2/1v1 - May 24th

SSBB/SSBM 2v2/1v1 - June 14th
DOTA 5v5 - June 15th
Halo3 2v2 TS - June 21st
GH3 Pro FaceOff - June 22nd

SSBB/SSBM 2v2/1v1 - July 12th
DOTA 5v5 - July 13th
Halo3 4v4 Obj - July 19th
GH3 Pro FaceOff - July 20th

PRIZE PAYOUTS - At some point in order to add a 3rd Place prize, the money has to come from somewhere... so be it at 10 teams, 15 or 20, a break point has to occur, I decided 15 teams...so while 1st place will mak emore at 15 teams then 16, 3rd place makes more at 16 then at 15 (where it gets nothing) and at like 17 teams (maybe 18) 1st place starts to make more yet again...

Hope that makes sense

sagemoon

Smash Lord
GC Guy, are you helping those kids w/ the brawl tournament at Meadowdale High School? I was just wondering because I'm entering that and I know you helped them w/ the halo tournament.

Top Bottom