• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Peach

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Peach was my main in Melee, and after some hard work I've turned her into my main in Brawl.

I tried playing Melee again today. I started with Peach, and I was AWFUL. I was trying to use her the way I use her in Brawl, and it just doesn't work. After a few minutes I was able to force myself to use her Down Smash again, but still... Whoever once said "old habits die hard" is a filthy liar.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know there WERE any Captain Falcon players who stayed by his side. At least Peach has potential... CF is just trash now.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
How you think Melee/Brawl CFalcon players feel?

That can be said about a lot of people. The Samus players ( BIG nerf), Jigglypuff( another nerf), shieks( nerf ), and a few others.

Going from Brawl back to Melee ( and vice-versa ) can be hard at first. That's because:

A) Different Physics.

B) Nerfs and Buffs of characters

C) Some totally different play styles.

D) Faster pace.

E) Other Stuff.

Brawl Peach plays different from her melee counter part. Anyway, I agree with you Randofu.
;)

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
W/e The point is, she got nerfed and lost most of the good stuff she had to work with, did she not?;)

Villi

Smash Lord
I've played melee maybe twice since brawl started. My Zelda and Sheik improved, but it took me a few tries to not kill myself trying to recover too low and remember to float cancel.

Anyway, Samus and Sheik just have different playstyles now. They have some trade off between nerfs and buffs and they're entirely playable. Jiggs may have been nerfed but she's still a unique character to use with her own particular style.

What's Falcon got going for him? He's comically dramatic and looks sexy in tights? He's got nothin. He can't approach from the air, he has no priority, his knee's sweetspot leaves too little opportunity for connecting, no more nipple spikes. He's like melee Falcon's sloppy seconds. :[

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
I put Melee in the other day and I tried to fight some computer fox or something. I had forgotten how to Play Melee Peach so when I tried to Dair and Nair I was like
"WuTF ees theeze!?!?1"
Yep, I can't play Melee Peach any more, her moveset has been altered too much and her physics are different.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
What everybody else said, I tried playing as Peach before in Melee again and I SUCKED... and after a while I tried again this morning and I suck SLIGHTLY less... I miss her DSmash and her USmash and her Uair and her Fair and her Vegetables and her double jump. ;_;

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I remember this time when I was playing Melee recently and did the Bomber.

I was like: lol wut

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
A peach who got used to brawl and goes back to melee will:

-Forward tilt (not much range)
-Peach bomber (NO RANGE , extreme lag)
-glide toss but nothing happens
-downsmash way less than you should
-forward smash way too much
-up tilt and realize it sucks

this happens to me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
A peach who got used to brawl and goes back to melee will:

-Forward tilt (not much range)
-Peach bomber (NO RANGE , extreme lag)
-glide toss but nothing happens
-downsmash way less than you should
-forward smash way too much
-up tilt and realize it sucks

this happens to me.
That right there would make you a better Peach player.

Wizpig

Smash Rookie
I never really played Peach a lot in Melee, but i still don't get why they nerfed Down+B that much in Brawl.
I still love to play as Peach in Brawl, anyway.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
What everybody else said, I tried playing as Peach before in Melee again and I SUCKED... and after a while I tried again this morning and I suck SLIGHTLY less... I miss her DSmash and her USmash and her Uair and her Fair and her Vegetables and her double jump. ;_;
Definitely the double jump. I played Melee the other day and was really surprised at how much reach it had. Then I used the Peach Bomber and crashed right into the stairs at Hyrule Temple. I was just practicing, fooling around and whatnot--I forgot how fast fastfalling used to be.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Heh, at least Sheik is actually pretty good with Zelda's help and the chain glitches are cool.

CFalcon is just pure... booty.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Im glade that Peach got nerfed not to offend anyone. I think it's refreshing actually maining a character that people discredit because she isn't broken like she was. Shes been a challenge for me to learn to play wiyth, but shes deffinatly the most fun character for me.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Im glade that Peach got nerfed not to offend anyone. I think it's refreshing actually maining a character that people discredit because she isn't broken like she was. Shes been a challenge for me to learn to play wiyth, but shes deffinatly the most fun character for me.
This. Peach users gets lots and lots of more cred and wows now. It's super cool :)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
This. Peach users gets lots and lots of more cred and wows now. It's super cool :)
When I was visiting friends out of town we were talking about brawl and they said who do you main and I said Peach. They laughed and I said and you play snake and mk right and they shut up and said yeah then i laughed. Then later when we played I was killing them. They couldn't believe it.

Top Bottom