• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee or Brawl? First week results up. [Second week results go up 6/05]

Which would you rather play?

• Melee

Votes: 89 62.2%
  • Brawl

Votes: 54 37.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
This is strictly for the Atlantic South room. If you've already voted in another room, don't vote here.

As the title says, when it comes down to it, which would you rather play? Not which you play at tourneys because that can be different.

Let's all vote so there's no miscount! Also, let's try not to post unless what you say has not been said already.

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE THREAD. PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF SCIENCE!!

~ ~ ~

Results

-Poll results were checked at 2:06AM EST on 5/29.
-Polls were not made in other regions because of late PAL release.

First Week

Format:
Region ~ Melee - Brawl

Atlantic North* ~ 66 - 41

Atlantic South ~ 89 - 54

Midwest* ~ 34 - 20

Southwest* ~ 7 - 7

Pacific West ~ 67 - 43

Canada ~ 21 - 13

Central and South America - 7 - 5

* signifies a thread that was locked this week.

TOTALS ~ 291 - 183

Pritch

Smash Lord
Lol at it not being remotely close, either.

So why are we running brawl tournaments, again?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
This. Except when I checked it there was one section that was tied 7-7.

Also, I think melee is winning here by the most (percentage wise) of any of the boards, so uh... go us?
True story, one of the Int'l areas is tied 1-1 also.

Actually Atl South has by far the most response to this poll so far.
Most of the places don't have 23 votes total, much less 23 for one of the games alone.

But yes, go us.

AfroQT

Smash Master
No one votes for brawl because if they do they get flamed out of there ***, called gay, called bad, and/or *****.

But i prefer brawl.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh and the people who like Melee are more vocal than the Brawl ones and care more about making a point that "melee > brawl"!!!

That's why melee always wins these polls, cause the brawlers don't care!!!

:colorful:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
No one votes for brawl because if they do they get flamed out of there ***, called gay, called bad, and/or *****.

But i prefer brawl.
After reading the initial post in Scar's thread discussing Melee vs Brawl, you've just made one of the blanket statements which is completely unfair for someone on the opposing side. Perhaps you should reconsider your argument, given there's no way for anyone to check who voted on which side of the polls. (Maybe mods can.)

You never had to post that you prefer brawl, and if you were really afraid of being "flamed out of your ***, called gay, called bad, and/or *****," you wouldn't have made that post in the first place. You could have just voted and been done with it, and not put yourself at risk of being flamed.

However, since you did post I am flaming you, not because you prefer Brawl, but because of your complete failure in making intelligent or significant posts. (Although in your credit some of those spam threads from earlier today were pretty enjoyable.)

Several of my crewmates prefer Brawl over Melee, and even though I don't understand why, I have never flamed them because of it. I always flame hypocrites or the stupid.

You, unfortunately, seem to fall into both categories.
Oh and the people who like Melee are more vocal than the Brawl ones and care more about making a point that "melee > brawl"!!!

That's why melee always wins these polls, cause the brawlers don't care!!!

Maybe some truth in that. But then again in my experience there are few people who honestly and truly prefer playing Brawl over Melee. Fenrir and Rohins, from the people who I have talked to, give honest reasons for not liking Melee.

Darrel was just sick of Melee. There are some specifics why I think I've caught onto, but they aren't that important.
Ric actually feels like he has more options in Brawl. Don't know how this one works, but I can't argue with it.

Of course, now that I've listed them, anyone else providing these reasons I will most of the time assume is trying to get out of supporting their side.

Outside of that, my cross section of Smash Pals prefers Melee over Brawl, as far as I know. Or maybe they don't mention it around me because they're afraid I'll do something. But what could I really do, honestly?

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried to see who voted what (curiosity >_<) and even I couldn't!!!

So worrying about being flamed isn't a valid reason to not vote for brawl!!!

I think that the majority of smashers (from my experience) who played melee competitively (for a decent amount of time) preferred it, but what I meant is all the new people to the scene outweigh the old ones, and those are the ones who don't vote (partly because a lot of randoms only lurk/don't have accounts)!!!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
MAY LAY SON XD
If you vote for brawl you are *** who will be hang from the tallest tree and have your nuts cut off and have them fed to you with mayo on top:lick:

AfroQT

Smash Master
After reading the initial post in Scar's thread discussing Melee vs Brawl, you've just made one of the blanket statements which is completely unfair for someone on the opposing side. Perhaps you should reconsider your argument, given there's no way for anyone to check who voted on which side of the polls. (Maybe mods can.)

You never had to post that you prefer brawl, and if you were really afraid of being "flamed out of your ***, called gay, called bad, and/or *****," you wouldn't have made that post in the first place. You could have just voted and been done with it, and not put yourself at risk of being flamed.

However, since you did post I am flaming you, not because you prefer Brawl, but because of your complete failure in making intelligent or significant posts. (Although in your credit some of those spam threads from earlier today were pretty enjoyable.)

Several of my crewmates prefer Brawl over Melee, and even though I don't understand why, I have never flamed them because of it. I always flame hypocrites or the stupid.

You, unfortunately, seem to fall into both categories.

Maybe some truth in that. But then again in my experience there are few people who honestly and truly prefer playing Brawl over Melee. Fenrir and Rohins, from the people who I have talked to, give honest reasons for not liking Melee.

Darrel was just sick of Melee. There are some specifics why I think I've caught onto, but they aren't that important.
Ric actually feels like he has more options in Brawl. Don't know how this one works, but I can't argue with it.

Of course, now that I've listed them, anyone else providing these reasons I will most of the time assume is trying to get out of supporting their side.

Outside of that, my cross section of Smash Pals prefers Melee over Brawl, as far as I know. Or maybe they don't mention it around me because they're afraid I'll do something. But what could I really do, honestly?
Actually i posted because i don give a damm what people think/say about me. ESPECIALLY on a fvckin forum. I posted my opinion. Notice that i didnt say --> I <-- was afraid of being flamed, i said that most people are.

Not everything is a super deep blanket statement with a hidden meaning behind it. You're trying WAY to hard to make something out of nothing.

EDIT: The bolded portion made me LOL, Forums are serious business.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Melee was fun for the 5 or so years that we played it, but towards the end I was getting so tired of the game.

At this point, I prefer Brawl because it's still fresh to me. Maybe ROB's just too fun of a character, but I don't suffer from the same problem people seem to have with having fun with Brawl. Though I haven't had much of an opportunity yet, I can imagine playing Brawl all night like I did with Melee. Hopefully with my tourney being all weekend, we'll all experience it.

Not until the point that Brawl becomes as mundane to me as Melee was starting to get, and if all the community migrates back to it, will I prefer Melee again.

(probably helps that I've been wanting to drop Samus for so long, but kept going back to her since she was my best. With her being so bad in Brawl, that made it easy to finally do it. I'd play Melee if ROB was in it though...)

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
Lol the only people who are tire of melee are the people who suck and never got better just stayed the same level. not gonna point anyone but its the sad truth as much they dont wanna admit it inside they really just got tired of sucking at melee. but people have too much pride to admit it. I wanna see nothing but 4 people winning brawl tourneys only so i can hear their "im getting tired of brawl excuse" pathetic..... you gonna see massive amount of people quitting brawl once you see more consistency which will be soon in fl.

those people are usually the people who think melee is unbalanced. USUALLY. or the peopel who did good a few tourneys then never got good always stayed the same level nothing new at all cuz their incapability of learning or getting smarter adapting w/e. I know alot of smashers in fl like that. soon to be in brawl too. one person for example who used to win tourneys now gets ***** and that person is icekid. too many people got good and his mind level stayed the same. hopefully he doesnt quit so he can learn from his mistakes

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
I play which ever game is funner. it dont matter to mne. both game take same skills to get good at. I prefer melee cuz I had the most fun. I would much rather play both game competively cuz they are both fun to me. melee is more fun but I like both.

Only cuz I use snake of course. also I garanteed if afro got good at melee he would like mele much better but sadly he never got the chance.

derf

Smash Ace
Actually i posted because i don give a damm what people think/say about me. ESPECIALLY on a fvckin forum. I posted my opinion. Notice that i didnt say --> I <-- was afraid of being flamed, i said that most people are.

Not everything is a super deep blanket statement with a hidden meaning behind it. You're trying WAY to hard to make something out of nothing.

EDIT: The bolded portion made me LOL, Forums are serious business.
idk you seem pretty chill to me even though i never met you. kinda like how doodah doesnt take **** too serious. i think exarch is just grouping you with all the people who say annoying *** **** like "put melee on the shelf next to battletoads and full metal ejaculate." i personally would be completely happy if both games had communities. i just dont want to see my favorite game get shoved aside and neither does ex.

were both pretty chill. (i think). no hate.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
at the beginning of march when brawl first came out i wouldve voted for brawl, but now after 2 months of playing brawl ive realized that there's no point in playing a game that is just not fun and constrained to a simple metagame of 2 or 3 characters that own every tourney. Thats why I've changed my opinion and think melee is more fun to me, I always learn something new and always enjoy to watch a match of melee which is def not the case in brawl.

So my vote went to melee

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Melee is Def funner to watch. I cant watch Brawl vids. they Bore me. however, I never got a chance to try melee out to much, I was to into Learning MvC2 at the time. So in playing. I think I have mroe Fun playing brawl. But Ive been trying to land a copy of melee and see what I can do there.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
I voted for melee. This probably goes for other people, but I can't play brawl for long periods. The fun factor for me lasts for 30 minutes then I don't care what happens in following matches. I can play melee for hours on end. There's just so many more things you can do in melee. I feel that I have more options rather than constricted to rolling, shielding, or running.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
My vote went for Melee. There are definitely some fun aspects to Brawl...but honestly, who could sit down and watch Brawl all day? The intensity just isn't there... especially with the whole Snake/Metaknight ****** everyone. Take a look at Fox, Marth, Falco, and Sheik back in Melee. Literal combos, 0 to deaths, the crowds.... just so much better than Brawl! The enthusiasm for Melee was so concentrated in the minds of everyone who played on a decent level. I poured my heart and soul into Melee. But I cannot say the same thing about Brawl.

AfroQT

Smash Master
idk you seem pretty chill to me even though i never met you. kinda like how doodah doesnt take **** too serious. i think exarch is just grouping you with all the people who say annoying *** **** like "put melee on the shelf next to battletoads and full metal ejaculate." i personally would be completely happy if both games had communities. i just dont want to see my favorite game get shoved aside and neither does ex.

were both pretty chill. (i think). no hate.
Hell yeah man i feel that, i think that melee still has time in it as well. And thats coming from someone thats really bad at melee. But i dont wanna see brawl pushed aside just because people still want to play melee. I agree with you, i'd like to see both at tournaments.

AfroQT

Smash Master
at the beginning of march when brawl first came out i wouldve voted for brawl, but now after 2 months of playing brawl ive realized that there's no point in playing a game that is just not fun and constrained to a simple metagame of 2 or 3 characters that own every tourney. Thats why I've changed my opinion and think melee is more fun to me, I always learn something new and always enjoy to watch a match of melee which is def not the case in brawl.

So my vote went to melee
I dont understand how you can say this, in Florida there have been multiple characters winning tournaments. In melee it was the same way, the majority of finals that i saw (whether it was online or tourneys i went to), usually involved the same 3 or 4 characters (yeah all the high tier). You make it sound like there being 2 or 3 characters above the rest is a completely new idea, when it was just like that in melee.

I dont understand you people.

Equi

Smash Ace
i prefer melee, but I'm still feeling Brawl. I think Brawl's got quite a long life ahead of it and depth to explore, people just don't realize it. I know for me, the game has evolved quite a bit in the past two months from playing with you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom