• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Regional Crew Captain - Midwest

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
word, bigd. Honestly, I was just honored to be included on his list. My goal for this summer is to be good enough to be on the crew and make the MW proud (i think i've posted about that before). I have improved at a constant rate since I startd, and I ain't gonna stop. Come to a tourney bigd so i can show you wassup

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I agree with Moose about how to use Duck in the crew battle. Send him in against four fresh stocks of any top Marth/Fox/Falco player.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
sveet, i hope its true, but i stand by the fact that trail probably shouldnt have bothered including that many names. too many people are comparable to the people he mentioned, and mentioning any of them just begs the others to argue it. it gets personal and heated with likely no results.

but like i said, up until the start of the crew battle data should be considered, so if youre not on peoples radar yet and want to be, do it to it

sveet im working on it but i work full time in cincinnati, including sundays, so its not that easy

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
you are literally 1-10 against me. Chris and I are pretty even. I have beat people you haven't (kels, dart, duck) as well as have better records overall. Your ego is really inflating recently dude.
I've won the last two times we have played in bracket, we also haven't played 11 times in bracket. Nice try though. As for my ego, people don't understand that I'm just **** talking.

I have no idea why no one around here beside Trail and Cheato cant handle a little trash talk once in a while, like **** dude.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I've won the last two times we have played in bracket, we also haven't played 11 times in bracket. Nice try though. As for my ego, people don't understand that I'm just **** talking.

I have no idea why no one around here beside Trail and Cheato cant handle a little trash talk once in a while, like **** dude.
Nah you beat me once, like in march or something. We havent played since then. Unless you're counting that one time in chris' basement :laugh:

and as for trash talk, im fine with it, but you dont say it like trash talk. You throw it in the middle of a paragraph as support for an argument. Don't blame me when i refute your argument by taking out the weakest link

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Nah you beat me once, like in march or something. We havent played since then. Unless you're counting that one time in chris' basement :laugh:

and as for trash talk, im fine with it, but you dont say it like trash talk. You throw it in the middle of a paragraph as support for an argument. Don't blame me when i refute your argument by taking out the weakest link
If you are talking about what just happened between Moose and I, I was just saying why I think I lost to him, which isn't trash talk. I mentioned you because it's true that you struggle against people you shouldn't, more recently Beiber and Cheato. Yeah, you won both matches, but you had to earn them.

Don't mistake anything I say on here as serious when it comes to gauging the skill of players, I'm just going to say things that spark arguments because it makes me laugh. Also, I never once said I thought I should be on the crew, doesn't that debunk the thought of me being on an ego trip?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Bieber is the worst good player i know. Or the best bad player. Actually I take that back, Tink still plays this game sometimes

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Don't mistake anything I say on here as serious when it comes to gauging the skill of players, I'm just going to say things that spark arguments because it makes me laugh.
This is when you weed out the pest.

You go around arguing with people trying to gauge your own skill level and the skill level of others and then make ******* posts as if you're the slickest troll on the boards (see above) when people call you out. Grow some balls and take the heat dude.

I'll be suuuuuuuuper up front with you. Do you want to know how good you are at this game? You're less than mediocre.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what region he's from, but what about that Game & Watch player that made top ten at SMYM. Joot I think...

Edit: also sorry to clog up things but maybe this could help remind people of the good people who exist lol http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319668&highlight=SMym+13

SMYM 13 results:

1: Dart
2: Kels
3: Darkrain
4: IHSB
5: TheJesterofTortuga (Tink)
5: j00t
7: AnDaLe
7: Tyser
9: ORLY
9: Rat
9: Jace Attorney
9: Frootloop
13: Oro
13: Dekuschrub
13: Tom R
13: Tomacawk
17: Deepak
17: Me14k
17: The Good Doctor
17: Wake
17: Matt R
17: viperboy
17: Salt
17: JBM
25: David Cue
25: Massive
25: Rezo
25: Mundungu
25: Strong Bad
25: Radar
25: FEAR
25: MegaChuk
33: Vino
33: Ripple
33: Majik
33: Bieber
33: Dmac
33: Smashdaddy
33: Captain Pron
33: Lemon
33: moogle
33: smeesh
33: Cookiemonsta Lol
33: sanchaz
33: hindawg
33: Alcheato
33: Meneks
33: Quaz

ORLY

Smash Master
how is darkrain able to be on our crew? isn't he a bit south for us?

if by the end of the summer i haven't proven to be good enough to be on the crew, i wanna be co-captain. i think i can help picking from our line-up and giving us the best chances of winning

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
how is darkrain able to be on our crew? isn't he a bit south for us?

if by the end of the summer i haven't proven to be good enough to be on the crew, i wanna be co-captain. i think i can help picking from our line-up and giving us the best chances of winning
I think you're good enough to be on it, but there is just no benefit for more than one falcon to be on the team. That's assuming we are really taking winning seriously and trying to make up for our lack of elite skill with a better team formula. If people don't wanna go that route and just wanna play with our best 8 thats fine too, honeslty its not that big of a deal lol. Its just fun talking about this stuff, honeslty I got mad respect for all the players that go to these tournies. Tink is hands down one of our best tho Jeff.

lol at the jester of tortuga....

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Chris.... please no. Not after that one crew battle where we started with the worse team and when I told you the match-ups that I was weakest in you sent me in in those situations for some reason. Judging your players' morale and confidence is a huge necessity. "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right". If a player thinks they will do bad, they will. If they think they can win, they will play their best. We can't afford to send anyone in who isn't going to play their best. If they are the perfect person for the situation, though, you could try doing a pep-talk, but don't just throw them to the wolves if they aren't with you on your decision.

and darkrain can be on our team due to some loophole in the rules that says something along the lines of "anyone who ever resided in the region" can be on the team. Speaking of which, does that include M2K (ohio) or vanz?

kd-

Smash Lord
Chris.... please no. Not after that one crew battle where we started with the worse team and when I told you the match-ups that I was weakest in you sent me in in those situations for some reason. Judging your players' morale and confidence is a huge necessity. "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right". If a player thinks they will do bad, they will. If they think they can win, they will play their best. We can't afford to send anyone in who isn't going to play their best. If they are the perfect person for the situation, though, you could try doing a pep-talk, but don't just throw them to the wolves if they aren't with you on your decision.
I think it goes a little both ways. The player has to trust that the coach is making an unbiased, smart decision, and the coach has to be making the right decision of course, and trusting that the player will follow through. Having that trust boosts morale and confidence whether or not you agree with the situation, and removes the crutch of the mid-match "See I told you I was going to do bad"

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Would there be any benefit of having more than one Sheik on the team? I know Kels is playing Sheik now but it probably couldn't hurt to have another on the team, no? Drephen or Tink maybe for dittos? Idk how much kels likes the matchup....meh just rambling!:embarrass:

Tink

Smash Hero
ya roflll....kels i back on fox after this weekend anyway =D....he knows how broken he is....

my only suggestion would be to make alcheato drink 6 beers and 6 shots, then continue drinking through the crewbattle as our captain....the johns he would throw as we get bodied by really good players would just be toooooo funny!! *the man with more johns then tink* LOLLL

also, im an old *** player, i would gladlly give up my spot to an up and comer thats good and we could use well....like maybe an extra puff on the team or something(velynn/andale anyone?)...idk

ORLY

Smash Master
not too sure why you would even ask this, but anyway as of last week darkrain's back in the midwest anyway

it's a good time to be a kc smasher!
lol sorry jace i didn't mean to offend

i'm not up to date on the darkness' address

Jace08

Smash Lord
lol sorry jace i didn't mean to offend

i'm not up to date on the darkness' address
it's np ORLY

jace should be on the crew btw
ehh I appreciate that, but I think trail's right when he says we only need one falcon on the crew. We want to win and that's just the smart thing to do in terms of matchups

however, I do think it'd be a good idea to just have a round robin kind of thing for all players who would like to be on the crew but aren't necessarily known enough to automatically be on it. It's the most objective way to get our best players

j00t

Smash Champion
*namesearch*

If I am not considered for the south team, then I'd be happy to play for mw :p

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i will not accept anybody being on our crew who is using it as a backup to their preferred crew

midwest is not gonna get into that business

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
@LE
If I was a troll, I wouldn't admit not really caring and you string you along with as many posts as possible making you waste your time in the process. Even though I go to tournaments, I still consider Smash a gateway for fun first, unlike someone like yourself that seems to be 100% with every little thing you do.

Try to relax, if you don't like my posts you can always block or ignore me. I still want to know when it started being taboo to make those,"Im better than Kelly Smith" posts jokingly, and being glad you took games of someone better than you in a tournament set.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
...I do think it'd be a good idea to just have a round robin kind of thing for all players who would like to be on the crew but aren't necessarily known enough to automatically be on it. It's the most objective way to get our best players
This sounds like a fun idea to me. There should be one last "Prove your Worth" tourney a few weeks b4 FC

Top Bottom