• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandX

Smash Ace
You know, I wouldn't be as shocked if Alpha 3 was winning.

We all know Alpha 3 is the best SF :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Why isn't Alpha 3 there....:(

Atlus8

Smash Master
They have tried to stay super neutral and only report leads when they have news about the rules. e.g, changing the dead line or dropping MLP kinda. Since they put that up I bet someone in charge said dafuq we're neutral in this you *** hat.
Actually, the headline mentioned that there was a total of $100,000 donated!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
It was significant news even from a neutral perspective in that ST's rush brought the total across all games above $100K. We'll see, though.
But they don't update on amounts, they just add the amounts in with rule changes. They'll be more than happy to point a neon sign at the amounts on Friday when they don't have to say "ST just dropped 30k look at how special they are." Seriously though their lead is not a big deal yet.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I'm not concerned about either ST or SG in the least bit. We still have a ton of push, a giant, diverse, and excited playerbase, and "The Last Hurrah/Spirit Bomb".

Don't worry we got this. :b:

zmx

Smash Lord
I just want to say the fact that ST has dropped this much already suggests they have a lot more where that came from. This is almost like a statement to the other games. I seriously doubt they've used up their "spirit bomb". This was the second last day, not last. It just doesn't make sense.

With that being said ST is THE fighting game. It's the reason competitive fighting games even exist. As much as I want Smash to win, I wouldn't mind it being beaten by such a worthy adversary.

Tesh

Smash Hero
is that one guy donating a few thousand at a time or are you saying he will push it to 80,000?

Gea

Smash Master
is that one guy donating a few thousand at a time or are you saying he will push it to 80,000?
The past donations have mostly been in a large lump sums but no one has any proof of who it is. Everything is just hearsay and rumor without, you know, proof of some kind.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Decimal places do not always refer to money. Got the stat (and sloppily edited it) from the lotto's own website.
Yeah, I was just being silly.

Decimals don't look as ugly as a fat fraction would (even though the decimal value was zero).

MSG

Smash Cadet
The past donations have mostly been in a large lump sums but no one has any proof of who it is. Everything is just hearsay and rumor without, you know, proof of some kind.
The worrying thing is that the rumors started before most of the money was donated, and the ridiculous amount of money donated so far has been pretty consistent with the rumors.

But yeah, everyone, donate to melee. Victory to the proletariat!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
lol real talk if one guy donates 80K to a game nobody else shows interest for it's he's the second biggest loser here next to breast cancer.

zmx

Smash Lord
lol real talk if one guy donates 80K to a game nobody else shows interest for it's he's the second biggest loser here next to breast cancer.
Street Fighter and Super Turbo in particular is the reason every other fighting game exists quite literally. Especially from a competitive standpoint. That includes Smash.

And yes donating to charity makes you a loser. Oh wait...

Save your wallet for the night. Go to bed and prepare for the final push tomorrow. Your wallet will need the rest because after the fight it will be exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom