• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Hey, its a funny coincidence that this is going on right now. I just got back into smash brothers, and saw an advertisement for this one the Project Melee webpage. (Not that I believe in luck, but damn this is a coincidence)

Literally tomorrow my mother is going in for surgery to see exactly how large the tumor in her breast is. She was diagnosed earlier this month with a form of carcinoma and I'm literally on pins and needles holy-crap terrified right now.

Well, then I saw this donation drive; and it gives me hope. On behalf of everyone who's been affected by this awful disease, thank you.

Also I dropped $200 on this, been a long time coming.

Go Melee :)

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Hey, its a funny coincidence that this is going on right now. I just got back into smash brothers, and saw an advertisement for this one the Project Melee webpage. (Not that I believe in luck, but damn this is a coincidence)

Literally tomorrow my mother is going in for surgery to see exactly how large the tumor in her breast is. She was diagnosed earlier this month with a form of carcinoma and I'm literally on pins and needles holy-crap terrified right now.

Well, then I saw this donation drive; and it gives me hope. On behalf of everyone who's been affected by this awful disease, thank you.

I hope everything turns out okay for you guys...

:phone:

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman

I hope your mother gets better and thank you so much for your donation!

First Post=10/10

Beat!

Smash Master
Quite an unsettling turn of events, but we've worked way too ****ing hard to lose against some *****es who can't even snipe properly (considering how organized they seem to be, they could've easily waited until like, a couple of hours before the deadline before donating and it would've been virtually impossible to muster up a response in time). They showed their hand too early and they're gonna bloody pay for it.

Redact, I'm sending you a PM. I intend to make another paypal donation through you.

MAYLAY

V-K

Smash Ace
I can't get this donating through bank account to work, it says my routing number is wrong or something. Is there a Paypal account that I can send the money to?

World

Smash Cadet
So the real threat was ST instead of Skullgirls???????

I'm confused now. :I

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
when i went to sleep last night. super turbo was at $9700.

how the **** did they get to $34000 over night???

this **** frightens me alot. :c

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
While trying to sound as little like an intrusive used car salesman as possible, I remind you that donations of $40 or more can get you Pokemon prints.

Because Charmander wants Melee to win.

Details here :)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I think you missed the part where I said "in this contest".

I repeat. In THIS contest the best game is the one that gets the most donations. That's how the winner is determined. If one guy who hates fighting games donated 70K to DOA tomorrow, guess what? The game won fair and square.
Sounds like the line from the departed. In this contest, IN THIS CONTEST!!

:phone:

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Let's be real guys the money we raise for breast cancer is nothing compared to what they already have.
Much as I'm all for giving to charitable causes, there's truth to this. They might have done better going with, say, something from the top of GiveWell's list, or some such.
Or some transhumanist organization or anti-aging research to please me personally, but it was not to be.

But whatevs. Good cause is still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom