• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I think the fact that there are 475 active members in this thread says enough about Melee. Most of them are probably not from the other communities, and even if they were then it still says a lot that smashboards is the place to be.

Melee got dis.

Btw BrandX, I'm interested in SG after this whole donation drive; I've never heard of it before but it looks like it might be pretty cool (I have a 360 though, and apparently it's not patched?)

Regardless, it'd be so lame if ST won. I'd much rather see SG there anyway. SG could get some serious recognition, and I think Melee could get pretty huge with EVO. ST tho... I feel like nothing useful would come out of them winning lol.
Great to hear that! And yeah it's not, at least not yet. M$ is still running it through approval, you should be able to get it soon though!

Gea

Smash Master
Hard not to care when we've got 30 grand in the hole.
Did you donate 30k personally? No? It's a charity event first and foremost. Please remember that. Even if we lose the amount we raised for Breast Cancer is pretty amazing. This is way more than any SmashAID has ever raised, or any other charity event this community has done before.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Well I was about to shut off my laptop and get some sleep but then the flood of "HOLY CRAP ST IS UP 30K" messages arrived

So I'm probably going to be watching donations closely for the next hour at least.

MSG

Smash Cadet
Did you donate 30k personally? No? It's a charity event first and foremost. Please remember that. Even if we lose the amount we raised for Breast Cancer is pretty amazing. This is way more than any SmashAID has ever raised, or any other charity event this community has done before.
I donated 50$, which is a pretty significant amount of money to me. Sure its a good cause, but breast cancer can get funding somewhere else rather than broke students and blue collar workers (which is like 90% of the melee community). Plus I'm pretty sure its an overfunded cause.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Guys guys, seriously what ST has right now is no lead at all, really we've seen much worse throughout this run. We are going to snipe hard, dat spirit bomb is going to be destructive

This is really exciting, stop with fear-mongering and think about the awesomeness of Melee being featured at EVO this year

Hell yea

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Well I was about to shut off my laptop and get some sleep but then the flood of "HOLY CRAP ST IS UP 30K" messages arrived

So I'm probably going to be watching donations closely for the next hour at least.
You'll be staying up for nothing.

No ST player but that one guy has cared enough to donate a single cent since then, come back when he decides to snipe again.

Gea

Smash Master
I donated 50$, which is a pretty significant amount of money to me. Sure its a good cause, but breast cancer can get funding somewhere else rather than broke students and blue collar workers (which is like 90% of the melee community). Plus I'm pretty sure its an overfunded cause.
Well then you should not have donated if you do not agree with the cause. There was never a sure shot that Melee would win. You donated knowing this and knowing it was going towards Breast Cancer. If you couldn't afford it, you shouldn't have.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your donation. I'm poor as hell too and I put in the most I could as well. It would be sad to not see Melee at EVO but I donated knowing where my money was going and I'm happy it is going towards a good cause and the event is a smashing success. Don't be so bitter about it. Be proud.

Lovage

Smash Hero
btw, update for anyone who doesn't know

trihex is dumping his 2-day streaming donation drive in tonight. should be 500+

smashmachine

Smash Lord
da **** is with all the newbies?
do what SRK is doing and block or limit people from registering for the moment

John2k4

The End of an Era
Considering it, but for now I'm content with my finger on the delete key. :b:

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
people should totally be donating even if they don't agree with the cause besides melee. I'd donate a testicle for melee

edit: we can stream the surgery tmw guys

John2k4

The End of an Era
people should totally be donating even if they don't agree with the cause besides melee. I'd donate a testicle for melee
Meanwhile, in the "Donation Incentives" thread, the night continued to become weirder..

Also registration has been disabled temporarily.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
I'm not salty or anything but if we lose and you guys really want act salty as **** maybe we can boycott EVO. Tell other good players to not go to EVO. There are more tournaments out there for them to participate. EVO is nothing without the people that attend. Then that would cause a big cold war of FGC vs. Smash and lots of fun and ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom