• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSG

Smash Cadet
The only false hope is the one that donor/large group of donors are giving to potential ST donors right now. ST's a legit game but doesn't have the interest or scene, if it did it would've beaten MLP by now without their secret sniping group. Now the super dedicated individual/group (who I have huge respect for BTW) is all out of momentum and Skullgirls and Melee are about to **** all over this minuscule lead with something called a community.
lol I wish I could believe this... You think that its a coincidence that this benefactor just happened to run out of money within a couple hundred dollars of taking first place over melee?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
So I'm pretty sure this was the work of either one rich guy or a few people with cash to burn, waiting to do this in the hopes that others will ride off the wave of donations and demoralize us at the same time. For now I have regained my composure and I'll assume this theory of mine is correct unless they get another ridiculous donation.

So yeah donate and **** 'em up.

joY

Pot splitter
Haha I was about to post that.

This is crazy. There wasn't half as many viewers after the RoM 5 fallout.

Let's go, Smash!

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
So I'm pretty sure this was the work of either one rich guy or a few people with cash to burn, waiting to do this in the hopes that others will ride off the wave of donations and demoralize us at the same time. For now I have regained my composure and I'll assume this theory of mine is correct unless they get another ridiculous donation.

So yeah donate and **** 'em up.
we gotta cool it down and go for a last second super donation..around 11 at night or something

D

Deleted member

I would prefer Melee, but I'd rather have Skullgirls or just about any other game besides another Street Fighter title at EVO.

Melee, Skullgirls, Guilty Gear, or BlazBlue.

BrandX

Smash Ace
nah you're cool, can't stand number 13 though
Ah well thanks, but I am sad Number 13 said he would go back to ST if we lose...

Like seriously..

Well then again, I can't really read the guys personality. He is one strange man, but I still like him.

Dr. Ed

Smash Rookie
Alright all you people who are freaking out... just stop it. I'm going to bet all our silent members and those who watched the apex stream are all sitting around waiting to snipe. Like me. We got this. Stop convincing people not to donate with all of your negativity.

:phone:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
lol I wish I could believe this... You think that its a coincidence that this benefactor just happened to run out of money within a couple hundred dollars of taking first place over melee?
Now that we're ST and Melee are about even, do you really believe that a single person can overtake a panicking Melee community?

Man so much dislike for SkullGirls lol

ST is a legit game, just too old now :(
If you're taking my post as any sign of dislike for Skullgirls it's really not, it's better than a lot of other fighting games but I was only listing some of the games I felt were between Melee and SG.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Alright all you people who are freaking out... just stop it. I'm going to bet all our silent members and those who watched the apex stream are all sitting around waiting to snipe. Like me. We got this. Stop convincing people not to donate with all of your negativity.

:phone:
Thanks, Dr. Ed, we can't just let our morale go down. Let's fight with everything we have!!!!

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Go back to ST for EVO then just stop forever because an ST scene isnt something that actually exists?

He's just trying to save face lol. Stand by your ****ing game you SCRUB!
exactly
especially hilarious when contrasted with the earlier "oh we got this, heheheheh" stuff

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is taking this to seriously.

It doesn't matter where the funds came from, or who deserves, but ST is certainly not a bad game to have at Evo. It can be argued that without it Evo wouldn't even be around.

Relax. Breathe. Stop getting rustled and making us look dumb.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I think the fact that there are 475 active members in this thread says enough about Melee. Most of them are probably not from the other communities, and even if they were then it still says a lot that smashboards is the place to be.

Melee got dis.

Btw BrandX, I'm interested in SG after this whole donation drive; I've never heard of it before but it looks like it might be pretty cool (I have a 360 though, and apparently it's not patched?)

Regardless, it'd be so lame if ST won. I'd much rather see SG there anyway. SG could get some serious recognition, and I think Melee could get pretty huge with EVO. ST tho... I feel like nothing useful would come out of them winning lol.

MSG

Smash Cadet
Everyone is taking this to seriously.

It doesn't matter where the funds came from, or who deserves, but ST is certainly not a bad game to have at Evo. It can be argued that without it Evo wouldn't even be around.

Relax. Breathe. Stop getting rustled and making us look dumb.
Hard not to care when we've got 30 grand in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom