• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Dragon's Den Tournament Dec 27th, Poughkeepsie, NY

PK Webb

Smash Champion
lol no your marth is very good alot like mine which is just another reason for me to main mew2 instead of marth. We cant just be having all these mirror matches happening

Rykard

Smash Ace
noted. i actually lost to some kid from AvalanchE who played mewtwo against me and i was marth so i know what can happen lol. and no one can beat marth.

we shoul probably stop spamming this though cause its for the tournament. but w/e

sodarulz

Smash Rookie
Hey sup guys im deffinitly goin i put in my days that i want off for chritmas break so im in.

Rykard

Smash Ace
you and iced tea should team up and be team beverage. maybe only i think thats funny...

and i think Jackie is going to this as well

The Bino

Smash Lord
News Update:

This tourney i can't take control over, it's too far advertised as it is right now, Dave had told me that he's willing to sit down and further discuss this with me, said he likes the idea of what i have in mind it's just that if i take control of this then he doesn't want kids coming up to him complaining that WE(as in competitive players) are beating them badly that they're not having fun and wasted the Venue Fee for them entering the tourney and then wasting money to enter the actual tourney. So he said it sounds like it would work out, said he has people in Jersey doing the same thing and i may know who they are, idk who's running tourney's in Jersey right now in a Dragon's Den.... also im attending this tourney, and him and i are looking to advertise the next one as a Pro Level Tourney is what he called it which would just state that those that aren't familiar with advanced techs would be warned that High End Level Players would be coming and it's their risk for putting up money

Now when this goes through cuz i have a feeling i talked him into doing as i want this would more then likely start at the end of January. Venue Fee would be $10 if you're participating and $5 for spectators. Now i would have to enforce all of that cuz that would go straight to the store and then all the money would be handled by Me and another AE member who i could trust, more than likely it would be Coin

That's the news update, Teams isn't going to happen at this tourney, but singles is. Gonna work with him alot to get this rolling and then AE tourney's would be popping out every month

Rykard

Smash Ace
alright well thats works. so do you know anything though about rules and stuff?

and how much of avalanche is going to be there cause that means more fun for us hopewell kids

phish-it

Smash Champion
Bino said:
those that aren't familiar with advanced techs would be warned that High End Level Players would be coming and it's their risk for putting up money
This applies even if there weren't high end players attending. If you have no idea what your doing and don't want t orisk money, don't enter; plain and simple.

Well Bino, whats going on with a rule set atleast? Because if it's gonna be something like a single elimination best of 1 match tournament in the games tournament mode, I'm not even going to show up.

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
idk if this is going to be the same as last time. but last time they wanted to do double elimination best 2 of 3. there were only 6 of us so everyone just kept on playing even if we were out. but now thats theres more then 6 ppl going they will probably do double elemination best 2 of 3. not 100% tho

The Bino

Smash Lord
He didn't even let me know what the ruleset was for this upcoming tourney, he said he's still thinking about it and i told him the basic ruleset and how it should be but he still said he has to think about it and everything so im not sure what he's thinking

Whenever you're putting money up for anything you have that possibility to walk away with getting nothing and possibility of walking away with getting something

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I really hope he doesn't say ITEMS because if he does i'll leave right then and there. Hope double elimination, and afterward maybe we can do doubles but in friendlies and make a mini tourney of it. Me and Rykard team Purple stuff (insider)

phish-it

Smash Champion
Actually, I take back what I said. I'll enter if theres items, hell even ridiculous stages as long as it's best of 3 matches and double elimination.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
So will there be monthlys at the dragons den now or is this just a once in a blue moon thing?????

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
if we take over and enough people come we could probably do it monthly or even every other month atleast. either way more tournaments closer to here and maybe some new people will start playing more competitivly like us.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Do work means to do good and not get ***** by people -_-. W/e just place good if the rule set isn't gay.
I've been out of the competitive scene since February 2008 so idk how im going to do, im bringing 2 new chars and unless requested Samus isn't coming out.

Don't think about taking this over, Bino is at work on this so that means i got this and don't need other people help unless i say so, i appreciate it but i've been doing this for a long time and i know what im doing when it comes down to running tourney's.... you will love the efficiency of my tourney's and how fast they are as opposed to some others, i try to get the tourney done asap so people can play more friendlies and can enjoy time chilin with others there and so it doesn't drag on for so long cuz no one likes a tourney that takes forever

Rykard

Smash Ace
no more samus *gasp* i dont even know what to say to that one. as long as those 2 characters are not marth and marth again but a different color, im good with it.

and to everyone whose interested in this tournament, there is a community center in Fishkill that i think we could get permission from the town to allow us to hold a tournament there maybe. ive presented this to everyone in the crew, but we are lazy and havent actually went to town hall to ask about it. but if it is a posibility, we could start having more tournaments down here along with Bino's dragon's den ones which i am now very excited for

and t.webb, no one can beat mew2 and ganondorf. the purple flames of death will encompass all!!!

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Yea your right rykard, they hear the evil laugh taunt and SD. Ummmmmm i like bino's idea of a fast tourney so we could just have fun playing smash, because tourney scene are just stressful. Nobody told me about the community center thing. But im too lazy to ask too so whatever.

Rykard

Smash Ace
maybe instead of talking about how lazy we are we actually ask the center?? haha. and btw team purple is going down by cloudz and i next time we all get together
well i ordered a book from the library for an assignment due thursday (procrastinate much?) so ill ask my mom if i can ask about the library's comunity room, which i dont think will work anyways, and then go to town hall to ask about acquiring use of the center and how much it would cost for how long, etc.

and i say when we ever do teams in a tournament we just draw from a hat since everyone worked with everyone else pretty well. afterwatching super troopers yesterday, i decided someone has to be team ramrod

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I want that purple stuff!
Everyone does. Team purple cannot be defeated icedtea......then again fox and marth vs mewtwo and ganon doesn't sound to fair and neither does falco and fox. I hate high tier teams but you can stop the purple because even in defeat we win....because we are just that bad***:chuckle:...but really we will probably get our *** handed to us:urg:

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
well i ordered a book from the library for an assignment due thursday (procrastinate much?) so ill ask my mom if i can ask about the library's comunity room, which i dont think will work anyways, and then go to town hall to ask about acquiring use of the center and how much it would cost for how long, etc.

and i say when we ever do teams in a tournament we just draw from a hat since everyone worked with everyone else pretty well. afterwatching super troopers yesterday, i decided someone has to be team ramrod
thats cool and idk bout the library either but thats good atleast. and the town hall would be good.

that random teams i like so its not the same all the time. mixing it up is fun.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Yeah so did anyone find out if the rule set is good or not?

I don't wanna drive up to find it sucks.
We will go into dragons den pull out 9 millies and say comply or be shot....thats the only way to make the rules non-noobish:mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ummmm but really idk if the rules are good but if enough people come we can just do it our way anyway

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
noted. i actually lost to some kid from AvalanchE who played mewtwo against me and i was marth so i know what can happen lol. and no one can beat marth.

we shoul probably stop spamming this though cause its for the tournament. but w/e
Dude im the best marth around here no joke. Money match if i go however is a 75% chance of me not going lol.

Sol

Smash Lord
ill be there, and a load dragon is not monk. Its MURT and if you dont know what murt is I suggest you read the first post of the AvalanchE thread

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
I referring to his play style in general is ****...then again I could juts pick sheik and CG you 0 to death lol.

BTW Murt is a gay name for bowser

Top Bottom