• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee captain falcon vs brawl captain falcon

Reioumu

Smash Lord
There's no difference. Falcon is sandbagging in brawl since he realizes that the mechanics are crap and it runs too slow. He's the same person, he's just not trying.
-Rei

Roager

Smash Ace
GAH! I'm sick of seeing these threads. Anything "Melee vs. Brawl" can go die.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Landing the knee in Melee was cool, but I think I enjoy my wins more in Brawl because it feels more challenging, and I feel like I'm playing more skillfully when I can't use the Knee for everything. I'd say that Melee Falcon could beat Brawl Falcon, but since they are very different games they can't be compared that easily, if at all. They play very differently, but I don't think I can call one better.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'll break down the differences since I'm bored.

Melee Falcon:
Pros
1. Can string many many amazing combos, many which end with a Knee +3
2. Can combo into Falcon Punch occasionally +1
3. Moves faster +2
4. Attacks actually have very good priority, helping Falcon connect with attacks even if they come out a bit slowly. +2

Cons
1. Bottom tier recovery -2

Brawl Falcon:
Pros
1. Can Hyphen Smash +1
2. Forward B is useful for recovery +1
3. Up-B is harder to punish so more viable as an attack and better for recovery +2
4. Can autocancel all aerials +2

Cons
1. No reliable combo setups -2
2. No priority on almost all attacks -3
3. No reliable kill moves, because his attacks still come out rather slowly. -2

Looks like I give +6 to Melee Falcon, and -1 to Brawl Falcon. Basically in Melee, he had more advantages than disadvantages, and in Brawl, he has more disadvantages than advantages. =/

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
@ OP: Did you even play as melee CF? If so, this question is unnecessary as it should be painfully obvious. If not, well it's painfully obvious melee CF was better.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I vote for Melee falcon, and where would C.Falcon be in the tiers if he still had the old knee?

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
There's no difference. Falcon is sandbagging in brawl since he realizes that the mechanics are crap and it runs too slow. He's the same person, he's just not trying.
-Rei
I thought it was because he felt bad for the other characters so he took it down a notch.

Anyway, Falcon's not as good as he used to be, so there.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
same falcon besides the knee, just no more l-canceling. People dont understand that its mostly the game engine that changed the game, not the characters!!!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I thought it was because he felt bad for the other characters so he took it down a notch.
XD

My reasoning is that Falcon decided not to dope up on the good stuff, because he's too manly for that.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon got addicted to crack during the time between Melee and Brawl. Now he's slower, to ****ed up to properly land a hit, just too high on crack all the time to do much. But **** is it fun to win matches playing a crack head character. Then nobody doubts your ability.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Melee Falcon > Great A button attacks

Brawl Falcon > Great B button attacks

Don't beleive me? All of his B moves were buffed in some way for Brawl. So, take Melee Falcon and put him in Brawl's mechanics, he gets owned. Take Brawl Falcon and put him in Melee's game mechanics, he owns.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
-Rei

Anyway, Falcon's not as good as he used to be, so there.
your both wrong, CF died in the falcon punch universe explosion. And that ****** Rick Wheeler tried to take his place, thats why he sucks so bad

Ace55

Smash Lord
your both wrong, CF died in the falcon punch universe explosion. And that ****** Rick Wheeler tried to take his place, thats why he sucks so bad
qft

But is Falcon gone forever, or is he gonna make a dramatic re-appearense? He can't be dead... he just can't be.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
"Hyphen Smashing", as it is known (dumb *** name), was also in Melee, but you simply had to use the control stick and A.

Then there's the fact that upsmash doesn't even combo in Brawl.

And I would also say that Falcon's B moves were only improved in the recovery sense, and are generally worse for attacking.

Tenki

Smash Hero
same falcon besides the knee, just no more l-canceling. People dont understand that its mostly the game engine that changed the game, not the characters!!!
Oh so that means when my opponent is doing a laggy aerial, he can't L-cancel to escape a Falcon Punch anymore.

>_>

edit:
On a funny note, I Falcon Punched THROUGH a Marth F-smash yesterday. He was bringing down his sword as Falcon Punch came out, then I saw the bubble of disappointment (lol the clang) and BAM! PAWNCH'D.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I just dislike how easily CF's B moves and his H2H can be stopped by simple moves from other characters -_- I liked the CF in melee a lot better than Brawl's

Iwan

Smash Ace
I vote for Melee falcon, and where would C.Falcon be in the tiers if he still had the old knee?
It's not that the knee is changed so much; yea the hit box is smaller now, but not so much that it's like "WOW...knee's gone".

The reason the knee sucks *** compared to the melee knee is because you can't combo into the knee anymore. You could lead so many attacks into the knee in melee, finishing your combos off with a Knee KO.

can't do that anymore.

Well, except the Dair>>>knee sweetspot combo....but that's really situational.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Sakurai never really meant for SSB to be a combo series. That is why it is almost impossible to do in Brawl.

And I vote Brawl Falcon just becuase he needs it...

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
If brawl captain falcon lands one knee on melee falcon, melee falcon can say bye bye
(super time stop knee electrical effect FTW!)

Top Bottom