• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee at EVO 2014? Vote here!

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
But we're talking about Smash U here, I doubt it will be as speedy as Melee.

Bones0

Smash Legend
There's prob gonna be 100+ better reasons not to have smash 4 than just the lame controller lol.
Yeah, but those reasons are a lot harder to explain to Smash noobs or people not even familiar with competitive Smash. It's way easier to just say Smash 4 tournies are logistically impossible so there's no room for debate. Just imagine if barlw couldn't use GCN controllers...

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
fiddled with noscript for like half an hour so I could vote for melee
eventhubs apparently now has its awful anti adblock software tied to the site as opposed to coming from a third party so when I tried to block it it blocked the vote button too
the struggle is real
#severalmoreyears

SAUS

Smash Ace
Voted. Someone already linked it on my local facebook group. Hells yes.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Voted Melee, Brawl and Skullgirls. Melee is my favorite, but any smash is good smash in my book. Also respect to skullgirls, they work hard too and if melee can't be represented, they are an amazing community that also deserves the limelight, I mean we are getting MLG too so it's not the end of the world if Skullgirls gets evo, but I want melee there.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Is that eventhubs poll official for anything? I honestly don't remember where I voted for Evo last time.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Did I really just read 300 posts on that Eventhubs page and not a single person said Melee's a children's game? I must be dreaming.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Did I really just read 300 posts on that Eventhubs page and not a single person said Melee's a children's game? I must be dreaming.
Yeah dude, it's surprisingly awesome how effectively our community was able to alter the average FG player's perspective on Smash (or at least Melee) in the past few months.

Bean Yak

Smash Cadet
NNID
Catman789
hey srs question

why did smashboards raise 90k to have smash at evo? wouldn't it have been better to use that 90k to host a potentially better tournament?
being in a tournament of fighting games brings huge recognition to us as a fighting game. Also, that 90k went to charity anyway.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
it may not be impossible, we don't know, maybe Nintendo will release a wired controller.
If they do it won't be for another year likely. Fortunately for Smash fans, it looks like a few 3rd party companies are making a push for wired controllers. (hooray for nostalgia and energy efficiency potentially saving competitive gaming!)

I have it on good word that Smash Wii U (and 3DS) aren't going to be released before EVO anyways, and all logic confirms this (they're both looking like Q4 2014 titles at the earliest).

Besides, everyone who is anyone would rather see the proven ridiculously amazing game with great balance over an unproven game after the previous game was a bit of a letdown competitively that took away a lot of what we loved about the 1st two smash games competitively (to put it nicely).

Top Bottom