• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
2 days till the airfare sale ends!

SO..and takers on the drive from Brisbane to Melbourne?
We can go down the highway listening to ACDC and The BeeGees. Or whatever you bring.
And if you want you can fly back, just come down by car or whatever...
Well, contact ASAP if interested by email, AIM or phone.

Sirias

Smash Champion
@Dohei - Lol, thanks. My drawings are pretty lame, though. =/ Lol~

I AGREE WITH SIEG! Host in freakin Brisbane. Melbourne... TOO RAINY! Lol, I dunno.

Dude, if you have a 21st everyone's gonna have a hang-over. LOL! Nice. ;D

@D.J Cat - ACDC rocks. I need more of their music. Dunno about the BeeGees... <_<;; How long's the drive from Brisbane to Melbourne? Like... 5 billion hours? (sarcasm, hyperbole)

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Cao, you said there would be no grog at CoA because you cant have a tourny if people are drunk... having a 21st is worse.. People will be drunk, have hangovers, you wont be able to host the event, and a lot of people wont even come! =S uhh i dunno.. think about it,

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Ok! by popular demand it has been requested that i start a confirmation post on who is comming to the smashfests (just 8th and 20th so far) so let the posting begin, on the 8th and 20th its 11-6pm at: 93 Bonds Road Lower Plenty. So if you can make it please post so.

LIST:
- Freddo
- Mikul
- Caotic
-
-
-
-

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I am confirmed. Not like as a catholic, but like as in for the meet. So add me to the list. I'll also brning tv+cube.

Who else is going? Please post coz I'm interested, and it also makes it a lot easier for Dohei+parentals if they know how many ppl to expect. Make this a good meet dudes.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
<post mode>

First impressions are always important lol. Especially for Dohei's parents.

Dohei - Props for offering a venue for CoA.

Sorry guys I hadn't posted on smashboards in ages due to uni and xmas commitments. Also, the Wii had me hooked since I got it midnight launch! w00t

I hope the smash meets you've organised for the weekends before CoA run smoothly.

Looking forward to seeing you guys at CoA!

Dedu

<lurk mode now...>

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Victoria is on stge 3 water restrictions atm and were on 4. I watched on the news the other day this guy going around and putting this little device thingy on peoples water meters that limited water to like 2 litres a minute.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm basing this on statistical fact. ^^ Drought issues aside, Melbourne's mean rainfall is typically much lower than up north (around 600mm/py compared to 11,000mm/py in Southern QLD). Our rain mostly comes in the form of light drizzles, not actual showers or rain. Right now, the whole nation isn't raining much.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Well. It rains more in England, so I believe I win this round lol.

Yeah, your prolly right about the mean rianfall in QLD. It does rain quite alot heavily.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Umm, all the days for your meets Dohei I cant make, mainly because I have work.

I get Thursdays and Fridays off so theres little chance I can make it. I'll just get some tech practice in when it happens.

Sirias

Smash Champion
@Caotic - Lol, actually now I remember my friend saying the same thing... Hmmm... ... ... Yeah well... it's not like you play Smash outside. Ahah~. Anyway.

@Sieg - ... Yes... you won... Lmao.

Ok anyway, who gives about water right now, heh.

@Jaz - You've a deviant account? Neat~ Heheh.

@Caotic - For your 21st... no drinking? Lol! You 'have' to have 'some' drinks there.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you seriously planning to have a 21st on the night before the tournament? That sounds dangerous to a large amount of people's playing abilities 0_o.

At any rate, it definitely sounds like fun, but I won't be able to get trashed if its the day before the tournament.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Where did I say no drinking? That would have to be the stupidest party ever

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
K, about the rain:

We get heaps more rain. Too bad the **** dams are in dodgy positions so we'll probably be droughted for some time unless we get like 2 weeks straight of rain.

For either after or before the tournament I am putting out the N64 challenge!
I'll play anyone in Goldneye, Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing.
I want someone to be able to beat me.
Cause no one (that plays Smash) in Tassie or Queensland can. (Sloth and Tom, those drunk matches do not count :dizzy: ).

I'll be wanting a Smashin when I arrive. Maybe sometime around the...18th?
Dunno yet.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Noone cares anymore dude. sorry its just how it is... and the whole pointless discussion like so 1 page ago, and its flooding the thread.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Cause no one (that plays Smash) in Tassie or Queensland can. (Sloth and Tom, those drunk matches do not count :dizzy: ).
Pfft. We had 1 match of goldeneye in which I won (After not playing it since grade 6). Sure you had the crap controller. But hey, it was your choice :laugh:
And we were sober :)

Id own you in any N64 game. True story!

ooo 21st. Drinkage. I like the idea. I guess I'll talk to about it at some point about it Cao. A lot depends on what Freddo is also doing, seeing as I am staying with him. So.. yeah.

Also.. as for not complete spammage.

Anyone know Gloth's plans, or heard from him?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
No I haven't booked.

www.flightcentre.com.au says the sale ends 4th January AEST.
Well does it end midnight tonight when the 4th starts, or midnight tommorow night when the 4th ends....?
Maybe I have to drive...
Anyone from Ward wanting a lift down?

Really. I have NO idea, none whatsoever of what I want to or should be doing, or how, or whats best and most ecenomical.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Some things to say:

1: I wont be using fox this time around. I feel too much as if I use him as a trump card to victory, and limit myself from actually finding out what my potential is.
2: I plan to give smash a nice long rest if I place top three in this tournament.
3: If anyone wants advice from me they're barking up the wrong tree this time. I will however offer this service for a small fee; $2 per match-up. This way I'm not swamped by uncertain people begging for the cutting edge moments before their match, yet the option is there if you want it badly enough. I would recommend asking me comfortably prior to your match so you can have a bit of time to swallow my pointers fully before playing a match half-cocked.
4: Everyone playing, I hope you all use the utmost strategy this time around. I know I'm not the guy who should give this lecture, seeing as I goose around like a clown all the time....but this time it's come to the point that the scene is large enough that people don't already have a place pigeon-holed for themselves before the actual event. Areas from all over Australia will have representation, meaning no-one knows how everyone else plays. I wish everyone the best of not luck but focus for the day.

Sloth, Gloth will be back in time for the tournament and will be participating.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Some things to say:

1. Shaz, no one cares. Use fox you moron. You won't finish top three.

2. Why would people pay you two bux for tips when they can get them for free off others? You aren't gonna make a cent.

P.S Only three people for the meet on the 8th so far?? I'm gonna contact Anf for the first time in months and ask if he's going. He's about 4 people in one.

Jaz

Smash Ace
triss he means his uncle can't let him stay anymore...
melbourne are doing a great job with housing btw ;)
shaz bashing? no way! oh i wish i got a peice of that

but honestly... people, shaz will do what he wants :p
if he feels he can challenge himself more by restricting his character choice than why not...
though i thought shaz already ripped with all the other characters anyway...

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Yeah, ZTV has got me covered.
Thanks, dude. :)
Plus I have CHooker as a back up/alternative.

Still gotta decide how I'm getting down there though...

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hey Syke, I should be able to host you down for a couple of nights. I live in geelong, but i'll be able to help cover travel costs from melbourne to geelong and back. Just let me know if you want to take the offer up, i'd love to get some warm up smash playing you.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I always realise things late.

My (and Niven's) Melbourne tour is from the 23rd to the 4th. Thats a long time, and I'm afraid I might overstay my welcome at CATS' place.

Staying longer means I get to meet up with the melbournites more after the tournament though, so hopefully at least some of you guys will be free on most of the days I'm there.

I'm also still taking registrations for the non-melbourne crew's alternates. The more people we get the more options we'll have.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I don't know about after the tournament, but definitely before. Jaz and I (if it ends up that he can stay here) could go to you or you and Niven could come to us (probably both) in some of the days leading up to the tourney.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Ok, now Shaz I have to bash you for that $2 a tip thing but if anyone accually gives you $2 for advice I will eat my own beenie.

Now because I will be able to get a very limited amount of time off work I need to stretch what time I have to the limit (lawl), so what I'm saying is everyone invite me to everything and I'll see what I can do :chuckle:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Some things to say:

1: I wont be using fox this time around. I feel too much as if I use him as a trump card to victory, and limit myself from actually finding out what my potential is.

I can tell you what your potential is. Like almost everyone else, it's unlimited. It all comes down to how well or how much you practice so that way even stupid people like mew2king can rise to greatness.

2: I plan to give smash a nice long rest if I place top three in this tournament.

OK, see you in a month! lol ^_^

3: If anyone wants advice from me they're barking up the wrong tree this time. I will however offer this service for a small fee; $2 per match-up. This way I'm not swamped by uncertain people begging for the cutting edge moments before their match, yet the option is there if you want it badly enough. I would recommend asking me comfortably prior to your match so you can have a bit of time to swallow my pointers fully before playing a match half-cocked.

!

Freddo's right use Foxywoxy! He's cuuuuuuute

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Hey Shaz I'll give you the $2 when i get down there but I'd like the advice now so i can try and work on this matchup before the tourney.

I was wondering if you could give me some advice about playing against Game & Watch as Roy. It's a pretty tough match up. I hear people get 4 stocked alot. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom