• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

Sirias

Smash Champion
@Zac - Lmao, I knew something like that was gonna come from you. Heheh.

@Tristan - Gotta agree with Dohei there, lol.

@Dohei/Kumori - How many do you have now?

Jaz

Smash Ace
okay... i can make it i have to work tomorrow and like forever but i can make it...
i get in on the 25th and leave the 30th...

Jaz Details:
Depart Sydney 06:15 am 25-Jan-07
Arrive Melbourne 07:45 am 25-Jan-07

Depart Melbourne 20:45 30-Jan-07
Arrive Sydney 22:05 30-Jan-07

now i'm under the proviso that my usual melbourne buddy will be at freddo's...
seeing as i have to copy him i have to try and stay with some cool smash guy with a name beginning with F, i'm calling in the favour Forblzey ^_^
unless you like... can't have me which i understand you may be housing someone already who knows what has conspired in my absence...
but it would be rude not to catch up with people before and after the tourny... so where is everyone staying? is there a info page? we should amke a guide cao, and then we can plan the trip in advance ^_^
where is bringer and niven staying?, QLD dun think you guys aren't getting away, and ofcourse the rest of melbourne but i know where you guys live, kinda, bar Cao...

also i vote for bringer as team Aus allstars captain
is the drunken crew battle on between QLD and the demented version of Aus Allstars that includes gloth?

information people where is it, give me a page number cuz i'm not sorting through a thesis of QLD spam.

final note... forblaze do you have room in the inn? i can foresee much hilarities if there is! and for the record i'm catholic.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Umm Freddo, sorry for late reply... umm i have 2.. at the moment... and no one has posted that they are bringing any tv's yet so yeah how many can you bring?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I suggest keeping the Smashfest talk outside the tournament thread - it's already confusing people.

For Comrades, we have:
Dohei - 2
Freddo - 3/4
Caotic - 1
Shaz - 1
Adam - 1

But yeah we'll need more.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Caotic should we make a melbourne smashfest thread? since they will be ATLEAST monthy after CoA, that is, if people are still interested in playing smash xD

Sloth

Smash Ace
Melb Smash thread is called "Australian Smash Thread"
Its true :O

Every other state as there threads for meets, so Vic has always used that one.
Ugh. Nothing to add about the tourney tho. Feels like spammage.

I am still accepting Money matches/Pant matches tho. So if anyone is keen :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks Jaz, please don't break a limb at work for us.

This Australian team is looking quite the challenge, with Sloth, SA Dave, Bringer and Jaz now confirmed. That and Queensland, I'm not too sure how Victoria is going to do against all of them, lol. Should make for interesting times.

In any case I have an announcement:

AUSTRALIA vs. VICTORIA CREW BATTLE

Rules:
- 10 man crew battle
- 3 (30) or 4 (40) stock per player (depending on time restrictions, preferably 4)
- No time limit
- Team Captains must submit a list of their 10 players and the character the players will use.
- There are an unlimited number of alternates allowed.
- Stages are randomly set to the neutral six (FD,BF,DL64,FoD,YS,PS) and each player is entitled to 1 stage cancel per match (not per person).

VICTORIA
Captain - CAOTIC

1 - CAOTIC
2 - Cronos Rainbow
3 - Emily
4 - Freddo
5 - CATS
6 - Anfology
7 - Mikul
8 - Jon
9 & 10 - Adam/Forblaze/JM/Myst/DC/Syrick/Reon/etc (ALTERNATES)

NSW/QLD/WA/TAS/SA
Captain - Bringer of Death

1 - Bringer of Death
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Please finish this space Ryan. :)

I will film this shizzle, ready yourselves for interviews on the tournament day!

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

11am - Setup/Registration
11.45am - Tournament Start, Introductions, Registrations closed, TEAMS
2pm - SINGLES
5.30pm - CREWS or LOW TIER (Single elimination)
7.30pm - VIC vs. AUS
8.30pm - Finish

I'm thinking for those who want to join, we can dine at the Crown Santé, otherwise a Chinatown buffet if we're overtime. Afterparty this time round has yet to be planned.

LASTLY, REGULAR CREW BATTLES, OR LOW TIER?

Take your pick and post it here! I'll decide what event to have based purely on people's responses.

funkyseefunkydo

Smash Rookie
hi guys, i'll be departing for melbourne on the 24th and leaving on the 30th of january. just wondering if anyone is willing to provide housing in this period for a fellow smasher? , coz i haven't any family nor friends around melbourne to stay with... or if any other out of staters booking in a hotel have room for one more, i'd very much appreciate it if you guys could share it =]
- Simon

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I got a new camera, so we can record more stuff for CoA! Yay

Brisbanites are planning to leave on the 25th and return on the 30th.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OK, I'm going to start a housing list for fellow Smashers who needs housing ^_^ Please help these guys out.

*HOUSING NEEDED*
- funkyseefunkydo (24 JANUARY - 30 JANUARY)
- Sloth (27 JANUARY - 30 JANUARY)
- Get that Rat
- Syke
- King Kong

Any others who need housing who hasn't found any yet please post or let me know so I can add you on. Cheers

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
1 - Bringer of Death
2 - Sloth
3 - King Kong
4 - Scrubs
5 - Syke
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

This is my current list, subject to change and additions.

IF YOU WANT TO REPRESENT NON-MELBOURNE PM ME. We will have a pre-crew match smashfest where we'll weed out the better players and get a nice character balance over the team.

Cao - I will need to talk to you about the rules. Next time we're both on MSN yeah?

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lots of Flame-Resisting going on here.

Again, I doubt I'll be coming. No money. Lol, I'm so poor. *suicides*

For those from QLD that're going... I hate you for being so rich.

Ahahah~ j/k

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
*Lands a double footed launching kangaroo drop-kick on some noobs*
:)
Why ten for the crews? Vic has the numbers to flesh that kinda number out.....Im not sure the other states combined can compare. Prove me wrong guys :)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Jaz, I asked my mum and so far, it's looking not bad. She wasn't totally against the idea and just said "we'll see, ask me closer to the date." But you might have to stay at someone elses on the 29th and 30th because I have school start on the 30th T_T

Jaz

Smash Ace
thanks forblaze ^_^
depending where sloth goes you can leave your mum rest assured i'll probably be out by the 27th XD thanks agin buddy

lol i'm not on the list... do i have to cry to get on bringer?
though i have no idea what character to use... i'll have to talk to you bringer...

i vote for low tier though i know the majority will vote crews

oh... and i also vote for a low tier Caotic's Melbourne Man Boys vs Bringer's Austars
i always come up with names XD

suggestions for who's in Austars though:
consider kewl_niven and SA dave aswell

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Yeah Jaz, you do come up with the best team names.
Ever.

DJazcatz
Scrub that Rat
And the 2 you just mentioned are awesome.

Er...I'll go on Bringer's Austars if I'm good enough.
...the boy is willing but he might not have the ability yet. We will see old man. We will see...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Syke, ure Sora has a long stupid neck. If you think you're better than me put ure money where ure mouth is.

Jaz : ure clearly not in the loop. KO is not at all the person to be calling people man boys or anything like that. It stems from elsewhere....like my pants after a session of thrusticle rubbing from Jon.

As for KO being Captain of the crew for Vic vs Aus. Yeah he can have that, since somebody needs to be held responsible....and since I'm too busy being star player and all *Lloyd pose*

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
I'm going to say here that I'd like some housing for just the one night, i want to make the most of Comrades, and I'd love to smash the night away as well.

As for Crews/Low Tier, I can't really decide. I Love Low Tier tourneys, this is making me think of the return of the FJM. THAT would be a blast and a half! *Insert manly Falcon/Gannon mannerisms here*

N30N

Smash Apprentice
ill play for the non-melb side!

im like 1/50th as good as sloth. but that should still qualify me amirite.

i main marth

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
^ LoL @ blind confidence, Triss.

Awesome-o, Jaz. Sounds mantastic. For us, transport to the tourney would have to be the train, though, seeing as I'm only 17 =[. Unless, of course, Nick is nice enough to pick us up in his (however small) car. Also, I vote for Low-tier over crews.

I'm also putting it out there that, depending on where everyone is housed and how they feel about travelling, I'm willing to host Bringer's Austars pre-crew smashfest.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
FLAME ON!

Tristan your a fking ****** so just stfu, did anyone actually turn up at your house today? Tells you something doesnt it? Or does it, I wouldnt want to exagerate your intelligence. Shaz, I had this avatar before you even knew how to spell money match.

FLAME OFF!
Shaz, house me and my long neck fetish. You know you want it.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL Syke way to butter me up for a place to stay ya clown! I don't think I'll be housing people however...I'm pretty uncertain about my work situation around those times as I wont be in the same job as I am now. Mikul I may be able to give u a place to sleep though seeing as I know you well enough to trust you alone at my place.

Niven...since when does Fox need to Lcancel? :D

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Its pretty hard to resist the flames all the time, and that seemed to be a fair time to give in.

Hope all the housing works out well, I shall be contacting my accommodation today I believe.

Jaz

Smash Ace
nah we need reps from perth Niv :p you'll be fine sloth doesn't l cancel either

oh fblz i love trains remember? has anyone though of going like, 5ths or something for a hotel room or something... like seat 2?

shaz's point seems valid does it not about the crew name?
but shaz and jon seem to be in Cao's crew do they not?
does melbourne not boast it's manliness throughout the world?
if melbourne can't title thier crew with such a thing as man boys... who could?
the world would come to and end 0.o

I will film this shizzle, ready yourselves for interviews on the tournament day!
ROFL at interviews, who's going to interview us? that mlg guy aaahahaha oh man that should be fun. whats that guys name anyway
unless Cao doesn't like the name... than he can shange it lol they're not even official

i hear the sell giraffes on ebay if your interested syke ;P

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
1 - Bringer of Death
2 - Sloth
3 - King Kong
4 - Scrubs
5 - Syke
6 - SA Dave
7 - Niven
8 -
9 -
10 -

Then we have people I'm uncertain about - N3ON, DJ Cat, Tristan and Radiance.

If anyone else wants to apply, PM me and I'll add you to the uncertain list. Then, pre-tournament we'll have a meetup and work this stuff out.

EDIT: As a side note, Tristan and Radiance both did not apply, but came recommended. I don't actually know if they can come or not, or even if they want to be in the crews.

Triss

Smash Journeyman
hey bringer, i speak on behalf of me and my brother (radiance). we would be happy to apply for this crew if you think were up to your "standard" as long as its cool with you. also me and my brother WILL be attending COA. (edit= i play samus, radiance plays marth mains)

syke would it kill you to actully be nice for once? like comn i know your scared i'll knock you out early in COA if we vs in the brackets:D

also happy new years everyone have a good 1 =)

Sloth

Smash Ace
You also have people like Jaz and GTR who will probably want to be on the crew.
So I think a pre-meet to determine would be good. Then we can also discuss characters to use and tatics and shiz.

We have to win this Bringer!

L-cancelling is for noobs. Real pro's don't rely on those silly 'Glitches'. ^_^

Top Bottom