• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I can't bring a TV as it would suck taking that on a train, but I may be able to bring an extra Cube along + Smash + Memory Card. As a Cube takes up like NO space in bag.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Housing is for people who don't actually have a place to stay in Melbourne, generally OOSer's. They post here about it and usually people are generous enough to take them into their own home so they don't sleep on the streets.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, how long the tournament goes for isn't a major concern for us out-of-staters.
We travel up just not for the tournament alone, but for the fun experience to be shared.

For that very reason we tend to stay for a few days extra so we can endorse ourselves in several activites, mostly involving smash, or drinking. Plus manly embraces.

So yeah. I might book tickets this saturday as well.

I am thinking 24th or 25th Jan too 28th or 29th. So any input by you guys would be helpful. Until then. kekekkekkekealalallalalalalalalaa. I will win this tourny ezzzzy.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
he could possibly have meant 3 or 4 tv's

just a wild guess here :)

N30N

Smash Apprentice
he could possibly have meant 3 or 4 tv's

just a wild guess here :)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well, how long the tournament goes for isn't a major concern for us out-of-staters.
We travel up just not for the tournament alone, but for the fun experience to be shared.

For that very reason we tend to stay for a few days extra so we can endorse ourselves in several activites, mostly involving smash, or drinking. Plus manly embraces.
Three important things in that post have been highlighted. In no particular order lol.

Oh God I'm not impressed, there's some acting workshop happening the week before the tourney. The week I was going to come down and stay! Ah well, I'll give the ****ed workshop a miss.

Smash > Workshops, I'll do it next time.

Wow January is creeping up fast.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Smashers that are unable to go to Geelong tomorrow, please go to Anf's from 12pm onwards in Eltham on Thursday - we need fresh meats to kill. I'll also happily train some people that come for no bones

I am calling out every Smasher in Melbourne, guaranteed rapesies.

Contact me on MSN, AIM or 0398841883 for details

Sirias

Smash Champion
How much is it to get from Brisbane to Melbourne?

Maybe I'll one of my friends in Melbourne to pay for me and let me stay at their house... Lmao. <_<;;

Edit:

Ohsht. I forgot to honk.

*honks like crazy* Lol!

Sirias

Smash Champion
Mmmmmmmmm, indeed.

I wonder if my parents are willing enough to let me go down... just so I can play a game. Roflmfao.

Hopefully yes, I'm sure they won't mind, hah.

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
the event is held 1 day, 27th on jan right?

could u post up some details as to the venue location, might be staying at a resort or something.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well I am editing because I booked my tickets today.
I advise everyone else should also do et. As jetstar still have their deal. Plus a lot of trips over the 27-28th are expensive for some reason.

So my details are:

Arrive:
Jan 25th - 4pm

Depart
Jan 30th - 3:35pm

So that is all. I am looking forward to it :)

Jaz

Smash Ace
sorry i been away for so long guys... my account f*cked up...
600 posts T_T gone...
anywho... i'm going to try my best to get to melb for CoA
but i can't afford much if i do... infact i'm cancelling any money matches i made
yep its that bad...
My Tafe course costs $10,000+ so you can understand why i'm strapped for money
as fof the good simaritans out there:
i will take no donations of money either, if i can't pay for it... than i won't come.

sorry everyone
on the plus side the wii is awesome!

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
We Have A Venue!

Aiight guys! Yes! We have a venue! and its my place.. im also having 2 smashfests before the event. One on the 8th and one on the 20th from 11 to 8pm hours on comrades yet to be decided. so if you can make it to the smashfests please post it so, and what you can bring.. e.g. tv's food etc. on the 8th we're estimating 10 pple max. on the 20th about 20 pple max and on the 27th about 35+ people... my contact details:
MSN: matt_leees@hotmail.com
xfire: dohei
Mob: 0408 390 370
Address: 93 Bonds Road Lower Plenty (Melbourne ofcourse)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
LoL @ only 30 people for tournament day. *remembers he lives in Australia* Oh yeah... >_> .....V_V. So the venue is seriously your place? I sincerely hope you have a big/well flowing house. =P

Edit: C'mon Jaz, let us help you out >_<.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Don't worry Forblaze his house works perfectly for Smash. You don't suppose with all my experience I'll run a half-arsed tournament now, will I? Trust me, everything's panning out great. We'll probably get 40-50 people, perhaps more if Shaz, Freddo, Dohei and I step on it. I've done way too many house tournaments and they are a better way to go for something our size. In Jaz's case I'm willing to help you out. You've supported Melbourne Tournaments before, and having the tournament at Dohei's can allow us to help get you over. Going back to spending $400-something on a venue like I used is really quite unnecessary and wasteful.

We smashers help each other out, so let us. Stop being a fair dinkum, true blue Aussie battler, and allow us to be taken advatantage of. "It's the American wayyyyyyy"

Sirias

Smash Champion
30? That's about as many people that went to Armageddon (NZ), although 24 of them sucked. Lmao.

Maybe I'll get my big-brother to buy me tickets to Melbourne... for... a... late birthday present. Ahah~ Neat.

How's the weather in Melbourne anyway? XD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I doubt we'll get 30 since SEAT1/2 were closer to 40. If the scene did indeed grow larger in the past year, it will easily break 40-50. But let's not jump the gun. I've made an attendace list on the 1st post.

The weather in Melbourne = swelting under bushfires one day, snowing to put them out the next. January is typically pretty hot throughout. It'll be Tennis season, so it's always hot.

Hope you make it Sirias, as for any other OOS'er.

THE ENTRY FEES HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO:
$10 SINGLES
$10 DOUBLES
THE REST OF THE EVENTS (CREWS/LOW TIER, AUS vs. VIC) = FREE ON THE CONDITION YOU ENTER SINGLES AND DOUBLES

This is a bid to attract more local compeititon.

Sirias

Smash Champion
50? Would be neat!~ I'd be able to stand around with 49 other people rather than 29! Woo!!~

Weather... Heard about those fires, man, seriously. I also heard: "The townspeople of (someplace) were urging the fire to come down so they could give it a piece of their mind." ... I find those people to be rather... I dunno. Funny. And... It snowed? Really?! Bah, I still haven't seen snow.

I'll try. Maybe I'll jump into someone's luggage bag (which is unlikely because of how effing tall I am) and hitch a ride to it! Just maybe.

- Prices sound good. Cheaper than in NZ. It was $20 for singles, believe it or not, and there weren't any doubles, for some 'strange' reason.

Edit:

Omg. XD I didn't notice there were so many 'likely' people to attend. o_o;;

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
LoL I find it funny how on the list there's all these Queenslanders and for some reason I'm right in the middle of them xD.

Also: Cao, I think your tournament running skills have also improved during your stay in America. $20 max entry fee = sex. 1 month and 1 day till CoA. Can't wait.

HONK.

Kumori

Smash Apprentice
Woha, I am Kumori, Dohei's friend, he said he was hosting something but this is pretty big, hope to see you all there, going to get my noobish skills to something resembling skill by the time it's on.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Let me work on that tomorrow. I'll reach out to everyone and get back to you with a detailed response. Chances are I can house a half dozen smashers once I get my new room cleared out.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Sweet, list of likely attendees and a venue

Man I hope I can get my crew to show up for this thing, but I have a feeling they won't. They are so terribly lame. It may just be me representing Bendigo Smash... oh boy, good luck to me on that.

Am loving the cheaper entry fees. Will make it easier for me to do more as a well as live up my brief stay in Melbourne.

Keep up the good work.

Triss

Smash Journeyman
man i cant wait... i'm so eager to come to this tournament=D its gunna be so much fun:D

also... anyone know how to beat a yoshi? wif samus...?

Top Bottom