• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
For $2 I'll give people shoulder massages inbetween matches :laugh:

Non-spam:
I've booked my tickets and I'm all clear to go.

Arriving: 9:45 am 20th January (Tulla)

Leaving: 10:40pm 1st February (Avalon)

Umm...YYYEAAAHHHZZZZZ!!
?

Scrubs

Smash Lord
NO YEAYUUHHHZZZZZ FOR NON-TECH.

*syke here*
Mikul, be happy to take up that offer. Contact me on msn and we'll get something organised transport wise.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Hey Shaz I'll give you the $2 when i get down there but I'd like the advice now so i can try and work on this matchup before the tourney.

I was wondering if you could give me some advice about playing against Game & Watch as Roy. It's a pretty tough match up. I hear people get 4 stocked alot. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

pm or email me Mikul.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If anyone else can bring TV's to the venue it'd be appreciated! We still need more and the tournament will only be as good as how many TV's there are, so once again I rely on the local community to help out!

BRING TV'S!

Sirias

Smash Champion
Hmm... would there be any Random Police Search Thingies along the way? I'd be able to pass off for a reasonably old driver if I don't shave. LOL~! (<-- for D.J) Just as long as no one cares about their lives and putting them in danger or anything, all good.~

Daaayyyuuummm... the offer ended today, gayness, couldn't even convince my parents into buying my tickets, now it is LESS likely that I shall be attending. Make it... 1% chance, lol, why I even bother is beyond me. I wanna see how 'evil' all your faces get when you play. LOL! I know ZAC gets psycho, LOL! Don't hurt me. <_<;;

I wonder, though, how good I am here anyway. I know I'm worse than Zac... and probably Ben... dunno about everyone else, though.

The like-li-hood of me winning there AT ALL is like... -100%. Well, unless whoever I play suicides all their lives away. Hell yeah~!

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna pinpoint some people who I know can offer some TVs. Hopefully they can confirm whether or not they can bring them.

Dohei TVx2
Freddo TVx2/3
ZTV TVx1
Anf TVx1
DC TVx1
Jon TVx1 (driving?)
Adam TVx1 (driving?)
Nick TVx1 (driving?)
Forblaze TVx1 (chuck it in with Nick when/if he picks you up?)
Plasia TVx1 (is this guy even coming anymore?)

@Sirias? Aren't you Dohei's friend? I thought you would live close to Dohei, what do you mean you couldn't get tickets? I was hoping since you're a friend you could offer some TVs...it sounds like now that you can't make this tourney?

@Cao. When will Hiro be back Cao? I thought I could steal one of his.

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, my bro and I are looking for some good practise possibly on the 24th - 25th, if nothing is planned on those day, would their be anyone interested? on a side note, we play marth/samus.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
There's a Smashfest on the 20th. But I'm sure other Smash related activities will be held before the tourney. Since I'm in Melbourne for a week beforehand with nothing to do during hte day because my friend works its what I'll be hoping for. (But only if I can find my around the public transport system with my regional Victoria knowledge, lol)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm gonna pinpoint some people who I know can offer some TVs. Hopefully they can confirm whether or not they can bring them.

Dohei TVx2
Freddo TVx2/3
ZTV TVx1
Anf TVx1
Jon TVx1 (driving?)
Adam TVx1 (driving?)
Nick TVx1 (driving?)
Plasia TVx1 (is this guy even coming anymore?)

@Cao. When will Hiro be back Cao? I thought I could steal one of his.
I know DC would be able to supply us with one too. He's coming. I haven't kept in touch with Hiro much; I'm not sure when he comes back.

PLEASE BRING TV'S AND CUBES!!

Oh, and I should have a shipment of 0C2 DVD's by this date. Winner of low tier can have one without having to buy it ^^ ... may as well get everyone to sign/scribble on it too. Look forward to seeing PAL vs Japan + PAL vs Canada

freddo

Smash Journeyman
TV Hit List as it stands:

Dohei TVx2
Freddo TVx2/3
ZTV TVx1
Anf TVx1
DC TVx1
Shaz TVx1
Jon TVx1 (driving?)
Adam TVx1 (driving?)
Nick TVx1 (driving?)

Plasia (no TV to give, death by shotgun...)

That's only MINIMUM 7 TVs People... We need at least 11!!

Aghghgaghghgghgaaaaaaaaa...............Bring CUBES too!! *dies*

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I can bring my Cube, but it has a few annoyances with it. Well not a few, only one really. Everytime I start it up it asks me to set the **** date and time. And that annoys me. But it can be skipped. So I shall bring it, and you guys can decide whether or not you need it.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hmm... would there be any Random Police Search Thingies along the way? I'd be able to pass off for a reasonably old driver if I don't shave. LOL~! (<-- for D.J) Just as long as no one cares about their lives and putting them in danger or anything, all good.~
Sorry, I've booked my tickets and I'm flying down now, no one would drive down with me. :(

I WOULD have been able to bring my TV if we were driving. All 68cm and goodness of it.
Oh well.

I can bring my cube, in fact I will, just to be safe.
You never know these days.

Radience, I am very interested in Smash practise around that date.
If Chooker has arrived he'll come too.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shaz is coming to the 8th meet, as is ZTV.

Shaz can also bring his large tv for Comrades, thanks Shaz! <3

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
AWESOME! another 2 people for the meet!!! can't wait!! on the bad note tho. the ****ing cleaners didnt come, im so fkn angry coz my house is a ***** to clean. so i dunno if they will come by the 8th i dunno.. ARGH!! so annoying.. anyway.. if everyone could bring an extra 10 dollars on the 27th that would be awesome so we can buy food, otherwise im pretty sure 9am-8:30pm with no food (over 11 hours) will be hard to do. snacks will only last so long.. so everyone bring an extra 10 dollars (thats 30 dollars all up if you can't count) and yeah i have funky coming over from the 20th-30th and he wants to meet up with smashers everyday (so sigh) i have to organize to try and catch up with smashers for 8 days 6 days. (coz hes buzy 4 of those days, 1 is my smashfest, 1 is ozzie open, 1 is cleaning up for tounry (ha suck) and the actual tourny!) so if people wanna smash on 21st, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 28th, and 29th. Post so! Can't wait to hear all you eager hosts out there that are wanting to host a smash fest (you know you want to) sorry for such a huge post. im on a roll

(and if there is any grammer mistakes i really cbf going thru it coz its too long).

Sirias

Smash Champion
@Caotic - Goood!~ Pizza = </3, literally. I nearly died from it. ... Not that I care 'cause I still eat it anyway, lol.

@D.J - Ahah~! It's ok it's ok!

@Freddo - ... Lol, you ok there? XD

Jaz

Smash Ace
well, melbourne is helping by supporting with Tv's
maybe some interstaters can bring some cubes to support, just incase someone brings 2 tvs and has one cube... e.g Freddo
so put me on the list for a cube, anyone else thats bringing theres make yourselves heard ;)

Dominoes is real enough for me

so yeah.. Jaz x 1 cube

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Jaz! That's the spirit. At least you're thinking along the same lines as me. This is how we get things done! When you all think like me...muhaha...

@Sirias - I gather you're worried about me? No need. I'm just fond of TVs and especially PEOPLE WHO CAN BRING TVs... :)

Jaz

Smash Ace
in other words the girl in freddo's banner is a TV salesperson ^_^
what about wii's?
we bringing those too? or is that just a pain in the but with the whole select game cube came with wii remote before you never use it for the entire game >.<
and we should just leave teh wii's in there sample cases

EDIT: Dohei can you pick a more eye friendly colour to type in?
my sexy retinas don't dig neon lights

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Cao you're only saying that because you've just spent a year in a country where the primary topping is a heavy coating of cheese. =P You'll get used to decent pizza again soon enough.

I'll see if I can come to the meet on Monday as soon as I can. If I can, could someone tell me at which station I need to get off and any further transport that goes along with getting to Dohei's?

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, my font is staying this colour, plus if its harder to read that means you will read my post for longer because it will take you longer to read it, thus culminating in this sentence making no sense at all. And now, forblaze get off at monty xD

EDIT: btw all wii's are banned, even if you want to play smash.. bring a cube! :O omg! cubes can run it aswell!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I want at least one Wii there so I can take people on in the Duck-huntesque game in Wii-play. High score of around 730, *****es. Yeah. Also, all the pretty colours of Laser Hockey will be fun to look at when we're drunk at the after-party.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys, all power points are being used for tvs and cubes, there will be NO Wii's allowed to be turned on or pluged in throughout the whole day, capish? even ask caotic, only smash is allowed. you can bring it but we arnt letting you play them,

Jaz

Smash Ace
ok so... smash on the wii is banned...
coulda sworn cao said to bring wii's in a distant time but who am i to question a green neon font?
put that in the rules fellas ;)
its getting closer

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I also recall hearing similar things earlier, oh well. I guess now I will have something to do on my days off (since my Wii will be coming down with me to satisfy my addiction) so I can play it at my mates house while he works.

But at the tourney I'll only have my semi-decent Cube, a copy of Smash, my Mem card and my GCN control.

At the idea of pizza, I'm not fazed. The main pizza I eat is Dominoes... all the others don't live up to my expectations. But all pizza is pretty much equally bad lol along with most take-away. But I'll bring spare cash for whatever the final decision is on.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Cao you're only saying that because you've just spent a year in a country where the primary topping is a heavy coating of cheese. =P You'll get used to decent pizza again soon enough.

I'll see if I can come to the meet on Monday as soon as I can. If I can, could someone tell me at which station I need to get off and any further transport that goes along with getting to Dohei's?
I had pizzas in California a couple years back, they were a suspicious meat covered by loeads of cheese and barbeque sauce....... mmmm...... so bad yet so good.

im confirmed!/i love juggy for booking me tickets.

woot

peace out

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Josh is our captain, because he's bisexual; more on the I-love-girls side.

Dohei, what if the Wii's are used for Smash?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Jaz, I just talked to my mum again and she's fine with you staying here =]. Btw, at what airport are you arriving? Oh, and I'm pretty sure that I start school again when you're still gonna be here, so you might need to find somewhere else to stay for your last night or two >_> sorry.

Next time I see you on MSN we'll talk.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Radiance - on the 24th/25th we will probably be having our pre-tournament crew meetup. If anyone in a convenient position in Melbourne wants to host it, gimme a PM or just post here.

I can bring cube + smash, and I'll make sure to bring 2 controllers ^_^

EDIT: By 24th/25th I mean one of those days, not both.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well personally to me it doesn't matter. Bring Wiis if you like, but no game other than Melee will be on for the actual tournament.

For everyone interested in playing Wii games can do so with the various other meets around the tournament day.

Chicago deep dish + NY Style > Ghetto pizzas

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I'm driving to CoA so confirm me for a TV.
Now hear is the thing I traded my cube in for a Wii but the good thing is it plays smash so quit your whining, I'm not gonna just randomly play Sports on it during the tournie.

I'm also housing N30N (I think, he asked me awhile ago) so I dont know when I can expect him up.

Top Bottom