• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Joker, do you have any ideas as to why scum killed ori? Do you think they did it because he had so few connections?

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Then I don't follow.
This is an open setup, if everyone claims 'not watcher' then Joey is watcher, he's clear, and we wouldn't lynch him, period.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The watcher might be an inactive, im justsaying we don't want that.

In other news, if no CC then we'll know if joey is watcher or not from the NK

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
:urg:
why are we talking about mechanics?
Obviously watcher could be inactive. If necessary we have a deadline extension.
Night kill does NOT clear/condemn Joey; scum don't have to kill him.

blearrrhg

BSP

Smash Legend
I haven't posted much for a bit, but I've been reading up guys, so don't worry. I am not the watcher.

Joey, that claim :c However, since no one has made a CC yet, I say that we assume he's telling the truth and don't lynch him. Also, Joey wasn't really under any pressure when he claimed, so that would have just been a stupid move if he was scum.

Anyway, I believe Kary was talking asking Orbo about Joey v Joker and whether it is SvS, TvS, or TvT. If they were both scum, SvS would be really risky at this stage...I wouldn't expect the scum to do that. Besides, if you believe Joey's claim and Joker's, it's confirmed TvT.

I've changed my mind on Orbo. I've liked his posting over that past few game days, and I only see attempts to help town. I'll look elsewhere.

@Orbo, Joker, and Kary - did you three change your minds about these posts? Kary's ; Orbo's . Joker's

I'd rather not get the watcher lynched, and I'm inclined to believe him since we've got no CC yet.

@FrozenFlame - get in this game, we need all the help we can get.

Actually, does anyone have any suspicion towards Gheb/Frozen slot?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You got us down this road.
Aight.
@Everyoneplease post who, as of now, you:
Want to lynch
Will compromise on
Won't vote for

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Orbo, Joker, and Kary - did you three change your minds about these posts?

Actually, does anyone have any suspicion towards Gheb/Frozen slot?
#1; my gut still says scumJoey. Unfortunately I don't think I have room to be wrong, and keeping the watcher hidden is not worth screwing up at this stage.
#2; I did have suspicion and then I forgot about it because other people were busy being mad scummy all up in my business.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Joker, do you have any ideas as to why scum killed ori? Do you think they did it because he had so few connections?

I'm not sure why they killed him, I imagine it's due to a small amount of content in general. It's not the move I would have made though. The only stance he took was that he was onboard with the idea of lynching me on a Badwolf townflip, or visa versa. Obviously scum would know me and badwolf were both townies, so they should've left him alive. Maybe they thought this would frame me? Nightkills are always tough to analyze :/

BSP

Smash Legend
Want - None. I looked back at Joker's stuff and thought he just started on the wrong foot. I don't want him lynched. Because of what I think about Joker, I started suspecting Joey because he was going after him quite a bit, but then Joey made that claim, so I'm not going to vote for him. Orbo has been looking town, so I'm not going to lynch him either. Those were my suspicions for toDay, so no wants for me.

Will compromise - anyone not in the lowest section. Maybe I overlooked something important, didn't consider something, or I need to hear a different opinion.

Won't lynch - Frozen; I don't think there's enough from the slot to make a decent case. The posts that have come from the slot so far seem pro town anyway.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
5 town 2 scum.
Orbo/joey/bsp/joker likely town.
Kary/frozen/loli by POE.
@bsp/joker- willIng to vote with me in this group?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've kinda read Kary as Town for most of the game. The only thing that makes me not confident in that read is that I know Kary is a really good player, and could just have me really fooled.

Loli I'm leaning town on, but I could be convinced otherwise.

Frozen I would like to hear from before I make a decision. I don't particularly think Gheb's play was all that townie, but then again it wasn't all that scummy either. I still read him as null, so if you can give me something that points to him as scum, I'd be willing to vote there.

I'm still not 100% convinced of Masque being town.

Was enteraining the possibility, because joey isn't usually this abrasive, nor does he randomly out his role unpressured. Nut its most likely tvt or tvs.

What leads you to believe that him behaving unusually = town? Isn't it possible that the only reason we're not seeing a counterclaim is that Frozenflame might be it, and he hasn't posted yet? Maybe Masque knew he wouldn't get a counterclaim because of this? I'm not gonna call Masque townie just yet.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Him being unusual is why i called it potentially TVS. He might be scum fakeclaiming to nail the watcher, idk.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Then why is he "likely town"? He's been pretty suspicious, I'd call that "likely scum". The fact that he claimed makes me hesitant, but I think that may just be what he wants.

ugh.

Ok, I'm gonna make a decision here and I'll have to live with it

Vote: Masquerain

If we lose our watcher because of this, then so be it. Him claiming while not having any useable information to give was dumb, and he just did it to save his ***. That's suspicious in my book.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
He also nearly assured himself of being NK'd

That's not necessarily true. If he was, in fact the watcher, then the scum might just leave him alive by virtue of the fact that we might lynch him the next day due to still being alive. Too much WIFOM in that situation. Scum can easily set traps with power roles that way.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Oh yeah if you are the bodyguard and you visited me you don't have a 100% counterclaim due to the possibility of you being redirected. I'm dumb sometimes.

What about the slot was suspicious?
Little things here and there. Could be nothing. I'd say overall the low-level of contribution, and then his reads being not what I was expecting.

This would be nice for people to do
Don't feel like setting up the next lynch just yet; already suggested Loli.

If we lose our watcher because of this, then so be it. Him claiming while not having any useable information to give was dumb, and he just did it to save his ***. That's suspicious in my book.
Yeah, maybe the claim is suspicious. But if he is town he should definitely claim before he's lynched as it saves us from a mislynch. So claiming 'just to save his ***' is pro-town.

One more thing, viz. Joey:
I'm Hidden Phantom, Town Watcher. Hammered BadWolf to make myself look scummier so I wouldn't get killed over-night. Targeted Kary with no result. Have fun, guys.
I was thinking about it, and 'hammered to make myself look scummier' seems reasonable at first.
But then why did Joey say that him having to claim was the last thing he expected? Surely if you were trying to make yourself look scummy, you might expect people to suspect you the next Day?
:ohwell:

have to finish counter-claims.

Unvote

Request Deadline Extension

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Deadline extension granted due to the amount of replacements done AND I will prod Frozenflame.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yeah, maybe the claim is suspicious. But if he is town he should definitely claim before he's lynched as it saves us from a mislynch. So claiming 'just to save his ***' is pro-town.
The only problem I have with that being pro-town is that it totally wasn't necessary. He had 1 whole vote. Like you said, he should have expected a little heat from the badwolf hammer, but he handles it by claiming and going V/LA? I know RL is important and everything, but that could have been handled better.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The only problem I have with that being pro-town is that it totally wasn't necessary. He had 1 whole vote. Like you said, he should have expected a little heat from the badwolf hammer, but he handles it by claiming and going V/LA? I know RL is important and everything, but that could have been handled better.
I know it 'wasn't necessary'. Joey could have gone V/LA without saying anything, and taken a chance on whether he was lynched in his absence. But him claiming seems reasonable given he may not want to take that chance.
It's not ideal, but that doesn't mean that Joey's trying to be anti-town.

I'm assuming you're getting worked up about this because you haven't thought it through.

BSP

Smash Legend
Requesting replacement. Sorry guys, but I have a lot of important events coming up.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
omfg! Kary and I are the only people who haven't replaced out (except loli, who almost got replaced out. Then there's dead people)

Everyone hates this game, this is madness!!

BSP

Smash Legend
I like the game, but i know I won't be able to give it 100% over the next couple weeks.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright guys, sorry I'm late to the party. Bunch a craziness been goin on in my life what with just getting hired to teach the LSAT and tons of traveling and a bunch of other johns no one cares about.

Long story short I replaced in at a very inopportune time hahaha.

However I'm liking the fact that this game is only 15 pages. You guys are awesome for not being lame and having obnoxiously flooded days. I'll be working on catching up ASAP. Should be good to go by tomorrow night.

In the mean time, feel free to point me to any core issues that are being discussed or summarize important events/deductions that have been made thus far. I see this is an open setup so I assume we kinda have some idea what's been going on?

But yeah, I'm off to start my read. Talk to you chaps as soon as I'm educated n whatnot.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@FF-jory claimed watcher, badwolf was lynched after a heated push by joker, and i would like you to look into kary/loli.
Grats on the job btw

Top Bottom