• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
dont give out mvps in ****ing newbie games PLEASE

also, please NEVER again use a random element in a role, even if it's redirecting. Use a roleblocker instead or allow the person to pick a target, but NEVER use a random aspect in a game like mafia. There are exceptions, obv, but really, you don't want to change the game on LUCK.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I didn't vote BW D1 for a reason lol.

or rather, i didn't vote him when serious mode Rake got in (before I had to replace out due to some personal stuff )

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Xonar:

i guess you don't like poker, then

I feel a random redirect would be fine if you learnt who it was redirected to, which would stop you shooting yourself in the foot.

Otherwise it's a calculated risk, you don't have to redirect after all. I'm not saying it's great, and I dislike things like 50% bodyguard, but to say NEVER just seems a bit harsh.

I mean, there goes my scatter vig role (pick 3 targets, one of them dies)
:awesome:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
shame on you >.> , eating Kary's food like that.

Clearly a scum tactic

VOTE: Loli

This game is going to be easy
Loli are you :

a) scum
b) scum
c ) scum partners with gheb
d) closet justin beiber fan

please bus your partner in your next post.
I need to listen to my gut more.
:c

I'll let my play show you my alignment. I don't think a direct answer to "are you town?" really accomplishes anything (except leading to WIFOM which is wasting time).

As for the RVS on Badwolf, I'm not exactly opposed to it, but are we going to get anything out of it? My vote would put him at L-3, and I don't want to take any chances with virtually no information.
More proof the question "are you town ? " =
perfect scum hunting weapon

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I justified my actions and tried to not doing anything in a rash manner, but I was never really proactive. If the game had been more active, you all would have probably called me out on it, but eh.
the game in a nutshell?

I need to listen to my gut more.
:c

More proof the question "are you town ? " =
perfect scum hunting weapon
#1 get outta here, you got lucky

#2 yeah boi
you remember me vs vinyl in newbie 19 :awesome:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Xonar:

i guess you don't like poker, then

I feel a random redirect would be fine if you learnt who it was redirected to, which would stop you shooting yourself in the foot.

Otherwise it's a calculated risk, you don't have to redirect after all. I'm not saying it's great, and I dislike things like 50% bodyguard, but to say NEVER just seems a bit harsh.

I mean, there goes my scatter vig role (pick 3 targets, one of them dies)
:awesome:
ofc there are exceptions, there always are. However, there was NO reason to have a random other target in this case.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No, the Redirector could choose someone to redirect, but and that player would be redirected RANDOMLY.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Okay

The randomization doesn't matter to any roles besides the Bodyguard and Watcher and I explained why I nerfed it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Don't even think about handing out MvP awards for this game lmao.

Sorry for replacing out everybody but I won't play in here until like next year [maybe]. I want some of you to look back at what I said at the beginning of the game and see how it matches your play. I'm sure there are plenty of things that you may learn from it with your recent experience in mind.

@BSP: Well played, you should try your skills in non-newbie games now
@PJB: Always question everything you ever do and think as long as you play mafia

:059:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I didn't feel all that motivated about this game because it just felt hopeless. I knew once I made it to Lylo that we had lost, because the mafia clearly kept me alive for an easy target there. There was just nothing I could say or do to convince anyone not to lynch me.

It was also ****ing stupid how tough it was to read a lot of people due to everyone replacing out.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
hmmm, opinions.

I'm going to briefly post-mortem this game in case anyone's interested.
[COLLAPSE="SOME OPINIONS"]
Day 1

As stated, I read Rake as town because he seemed to be creating content and not worried about how he looked.

Badwolf vs Joker was a classic tale of different playstyles gone wrong- Joker being pretty analytic and trying to argue everything, Badwolf simply disliking him and going with that. Opinion was pretty split down those lines, but for some reason people seemed convinced it couldn't be town vs. town, which is what I suspected on the basis of how stupid their argument was. I would've lynched Joker once I knew they were both VTs, but I wanted to see what would play out.

Joey I read as pretty townie up until the hammer on Badwolf :ohwell:

BSP I read as town for being well thought-out and relaxed, though the one thing was he did seem confident of Joker town.

Felt Loli was a slight scum-lean because I was surprised at her town-read on me already, plus her plumping for Joker over Badwolf felt forced.

Gheb was null, of course, and Ori was a town-lean, though I admit Ori can be hard to read.

I think overall D1 went fine, but not enough people considered that Joker/BW could be town vs town, or had a plan beyond lynching one of them. When town players are in the spotlight, scum are more than happy to just coast by, which is what happened- and so Day 1 especially it is worth trying to push in several directions.

Also, I'd have rather seen Joker lynched, as I felt his flip would have told us more about players I was concerned about- sometimes it's not just about who is scummiest.

Day 2
In which Joey still wants Joker dead, and then eventually claims watcher- making me strongly suspect him and then find he's clear.

And nothing else happened?

Admittedly, Loli did well enough to avoid being lynched, but that was more or less on the back of low activity all round, which is sad.

In my opinion, Joey vs. Joker kindof overtook the Day, which again didn't help because it was town vs town again- and with replacements all round it was hard to get conclusive reads on a slot.

Day 3
In which I am disappointed that Joker seems the scummiest out of everyone around; and hearing no other opinions, put him to death. Zen/Loli do a good job of keeping themselves distant.

Conclusions
Inactivity sucks
and if you're not sure about something, talk it through with town, eh?

One thing that stuck out to me this game was the connections game;

Joker + BSP struck me as a very unlikely scumteam, as did Orbo + BSP-Zen; they were both supporting each other too obviously to be scum. Nevertheless, they were suggested, which made me :glare:
Now if I'd put two and two together, I would've realized BSP-Zen was following popular opinion- and from there could've had a reasonable scumread.

Secondly, I don't know why I convinced myself Gheb was more likely scum than Loli. I had read a Joey + Loli scumteam D2, but when Joey was clear I threw out everything I thought about Loli along with it. If I'd pushed my read on Loli instead that might've worked out better.

So yeah, connections tell you about a player, but they're no substitute for a good read on that person.

I think that's it for this story

and so ends the thoughts of Kary[/COLLAPSE]

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
There was just nothing I could say or do to convince anyone not to lynch me.
I really want to talk about this, but to not weigh in too heavy

your priority, especially in Lylo, should be figuring out who's scum. I don't think you did that, you just made suggestions. I will admit that it's a crapshoot given people's activity, but I feel you really should have been pushing someone

I think what I want to say is do something to convince me, don't just try and argue your innocence.

and sorry I pushed you hard D3 and still read you wrong :ohwell:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Welp~ I really liked the flavor~ :)

I had a lot of fun with all of you guys :D

Sorry about D1 I was EXTREMELY busy with my work cuz lots of orders and artist alley plushies needed to get done. I mean to be perfectly honest i don't talk much in games ...like...EVER but D1 was pure me having to work or else I would have done a bit more.

I have no feedback
(cuz i'm bad)
except this was fun and I'll try talking more next time~

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I really want to talk about this, but to not weigh in too heavy

your priority, especially in Lylo, should be figuring out who's scum. I don't think you did that, you just made suggestions. I will admit that it's a crapshoot given people's activity, but I feel you really should have been pushing someone

I think what I want to say is do something to convince me, don't just try and argue your innocence.

and sorry I pushed you hard D3 and still read you wrong :ohwell:
I just didn't really know where to begin. All I knew for sure was that Orbo and I weren't scum. I more or less read BSP/Zen as town, so I had the Kary/Loli scum read purely by process of elimination. In hindsight, I should have realized that scumZen could just as easily have been safe following townOrbo, and that he didn't deserve a Town read just for identifying the Bodyguard. To be fair though, he had BSP's play going for him too.

I didn't really have the motivation in me to dig through the game post by post trying to find posts I could point to and say "See this? This is scummy!" because nothing jumped out from my memory other than you pushing the Gheb/Frozen lynch. Even if I had gone hard with trying to prove your scumminess, it probably wouldn't have gained any support from anyone but the actual scumteam. Loli was pretty clean as far as I could see. Anything I tried to dig up on her would've been hella weak. If I had tried harder, proving scumKary is the step I would've taken, and that wouldn't have won the game anyway.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
gg wp scum

@ Ragna thanks again for letting me replace in and again I apologize for falling on my face in terms of activity. =( Thanks for understanding.

And that apology goes out to the town as well. Long story short, a bunch of time I originally planned to spend playing turned into hours of bickering on the phone with a ***** realtor who was trying to assign my lease to some random mother****er who I never approved behind my back because she knew I wasn't planning on living in the apartment over the next year and was planning to sublet it. She did this after I already told her I had found a renter and was referring her to her (the realtor) for approval. She basically tried to **** me and the person who I was talking to about subletting royally in the ***. It was a nightmare.

Butttt yeah, johns aside, I was more or less responsible for my own lynch because I didnt even show up to defend myself. Loli was so obvscum it was stupid. I figured it out after one read through but just didn't get the time to post the case up. I'm kinda surprised I was lynched over Loli tbqh and getting that lynch right would have likely bought me the time I needed to weed out the last bad guy, but alas thats not what happened.

Hopefully I have a better showing next time. Sorry again guys. =(

Top Bottom