• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I actually did explain that. Zen said he didn't have time to read deep into the game, so he just hitched his wagon to Orbo's. As someone who hadn't read that much into the game, how could he possibly consider that a safe move? Wouldn't hitching your wagon to potential scum be extremely anti-town? The only way that'd be a safe move, would be if Zen could be certain they were on the same team. The only team who can be certain who their partners are, is the Mafia. I kind of already explained this. And by "kind of", I mean "I spelled it out in black and white, just like I did here".
Zen specified that Rake had breadcrumbed his BG role in his posts wrt referring it to his name. He said that was why he decided to follow Orbos vote.

Do you really think I would have taken the risks I've taken during this game if I was scum? Think about that for a minute. There's nothing "scummy" I've done that couldn't just as easily be "townie".
Taking "risks" like you did does not always clear you as townie though.

My lynch picks from yesterday were FF,Orbo, Joker. FF was town and based off of the fact that I'm not bodyguard then that means Orbo is bodyguard since he's the last one left which takes him out of my pickings only leaving joker. That's 1/2 tho which means either Kary/Zen are scum. I am going to look more at Zen though because I really feel like kary is town so Joker/Zen would be my choices for today.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
read todays posts real quick, dislike Joker.
unsure after that. loli makes good points today, but I feel like BSP was town which leaves kary/zen :urg:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
read todays posts real quick, dislike Joker.
unsure after that. loli makes good points today, but I feel like BSP was town which leaves kary/zen :urg:
Zen replaced in for BSP. My initial readings were that scum was in FF,Joker and Orbo FF is town, Orbo confirmed BG, Joker (still scum choice) , Kary (I thought was BG) , BSP/Zen (town)

I still really feel as though Kary is town although he isn't BG which leaves me to choose between Joker/Zen.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Guys, keep in mind that Kary was the one to push the Frozen wagon. The case against Gheb wasn't all that strong, it was just convincing because we had no other leads.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hmm.

@Joker: which one of BSP-Zen/Loli is scum?

@Zen: have you read up already? I'd like to finish this game before I ovethink it any more.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Yes. At this stage of the game, we have to look at all the possibilities. If we mislynch, we lose.
I am looking at all the possibilities

Then your scum lies within zen-loli-kary.

You say you think Kary is scum which means either loli-zen would be the other scum.

Yes Kary was the one who made points against FF but I don't think that is a really justifiable case. I have a strong town read on Kary especially with the way he's playing and although FF didn't flip scum he was a lot of peoples choices for scum day 2.

I'd be more willing to believe that the scum team is Joker-Zen. Rather than Joker-Kary.

Mainly due to my read on Kary. Granted reads can be wrong but I don't want to doubt my gut.

Joker please answer Kary's questions.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
@Kary: No, I've just been keeping up with day. The thing is, when I get into a mafia game, it's literally all I can think about until it's over. So I'd rather get some school stuff done first. I'll have a post up tonight though.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Kary: No, I've just been keeping up with day. The thing is, when I get into a mafia game, it's literally all I can think about until it's over. So I'd rather get some school stuff done first. I'll have a post up tonight though.
That's fine, I know that feeling. I just remember saying you were going to read up this weekend, and I thought I ought to wait for you before I put a vote down. Think I've more or less made up my mind now but I want to hear what you think.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Hmm.

@Joker: which one of BSP-Zen/Loli is scum?

@Zen: have you read up already? I'd like to finish this game before I ovethink it any more.
That's a tough call. As I've stated, I haven't really liked Zen's play, but knowing that he suspected Orbo of being the bodyguard makes me feel better about it, coupled with BSP's earlier play. I kinda wanna go Town on this read.

Loli I've been back and forth with. I've never had a solid read that I could justify with anything other than, "I'm willing to let that slide". I don't think I'd be comfortable with her lynch just yet, but I'm considering it.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
we're in Lylo so you need to solidify your reads. I'm completely 100% not okay with lynching Kary.

Joker/Zen is the only combo I can come up with. Since Zen/Kary or Kary/Joker don't seem possible with kary in it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Umm, that read is about as solid as it gets. I think Zen is town, therefore that leaves Kary/Loli as scum. The way I see it, the scum team was either Orbo/Zen or Kary/Loli coming into today. Since Orbo is obviously clear, that leaves Kary/Loli.

I don't see a Zen/Loli team being very likely. Kary/Zen is possible, but that doesn't seem very likely to me given that Zen's slot is pretty townie. Again, this leaves Kary/Loli

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Skimmed through just reading the posts from those alive. There's actually not really anything worth noting that hasn't already been put out.

I think Joker is our safest bet. And probably loli for second. Kary has been pushing town pretty much through the game, and just on meta he seems town. I'm not full 100%, but that's probably where I'd go at this point.

Loli why do you not see Kary as possible scum?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yawn

either BSP-Zen played a blindingly good scum game or scumteam is Loli + Joker.

I don't think anyone has any objections to getting rid of Joker first.

So can we roll with that?

Vote: Joker

@Orbo I would like to hear your thoughts on Loli vs. BSP-Zen just because you're the most likely to die tonight.

will be back with actual vote soonish, less I hear any objections.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote Count XIII:

LoliLovesRain [0]
PrivateJoker-Brown [0]
Orboknown [0]
Ramen King [0]
Kary [0]
Not Voting: Kary, Ramen King, Orboknown, PrivateJoker-Brown, LoliLovesRain

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!

Kary, I don't accept votes unless they're in the correct format if that vote is serious.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Cheers Soup, but that's an 'intent to vote' as opposed to a vote, hence my talking about coming back with an actual vote.

I'm trying to express that I am serious without actually putting the vote on the table

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yeah but I don't think it's worth over-guessing things

I'm happy at this point to just lynch Joker > Loli

I don't think I have enough patience or resources, given activity etc., to try and push for even stronger reads. If I'm wrong then I'll deal with that.

Vote: PrivateJoker-Brown

#HBC | ѕoup

"What a shame..."

Bloddy, beaten, bruised, and scarred. The Rebellion couldn't stand on their feet any longer, not even their most valiant soldier, Orboknown, could defeat the onslaught of Neo Arcadia.

"*******s..."

Orboknown let out one last sigh of agony, and fell to his demise.

Zero, Town Bodyguard, Has been defeated.

The Rebellion merely watched, as their hero, their leader, fell before them. One person, in particular, payed for his noble sacrifice the most. Private-JokerBrown, only watched as the hope began to dwindle, Neo Arcadia only laughed at his remorse, then killed Joker mercilessly.

Dr. Ciel, Vanilla Townie, Has been defeated.

Nobody knew the consequences here, they all paid with their lifes and both Ramen King and LoliLovesRain reaped in the spoils. Kary did not realize, nor comprehend what happened next..

"What a pity! I thought this was gonna be a challenge hehe!"

LoliLovesRain revealed herself from the shadows..

Fairy Leviathan, Mafia Goon, Has proven to be victorious!

"Why?"
Kary only muttered before he too shared the same fate as his counterparts. The impact was brutal, and was delivered by a different figure, he, Ramen King merely stared emotionless at Kary's expense.

Fighting Fefnir, Vanilla Townie, Received the final blow.

.........​

Ramen King also appeared from the shadows...

Omega Zero, Mafia Redirector, Has proven to be victorious!

"Pitiful Reploids, learn your place. Let this be a lesson, to all of you who are watching, that the end is near. I will personally destroy you, with my ungodly power bestowed upon me, this world will fall into a greater darkness than you can imagine."

Mafia Wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

Comments, Role PMs, and MVP will be revealed very shortly.

#HBC | ѕoup

Player Analysis

1. LoliLovesRain

Good Job! I liked your play this game and I think you did a good job of balancing inactive to active, Thanks for sticking in also as I was gonna run out of replacements soon. I think as far as criticism goes I would suggest that you try and be more active at certain intervals, I think you got away with it because Town was inherently inactive themselves, in a better town you won't get away with it so easily.

2. Ori_bro

I liked your play this game, I wouldn't say it was accurate but it was townie enough to get killed N1. I would really focus on trying to be more active also, one thing that I was bothered about that you were here and there all the time, and for the posts you made they were more or less just catch-up posts instead of actually getting into the game. I think you have potential if you fixed that issue and played more active.

3. BadWolf28738

You really need to cut out your attitude. This is just advice, because you're really antagonistic to players all the time, it's one of the main reasons you get lynched all the time D1 and then you try and blame the town for it. I don't think you're a bad player, you just need work and a better attitude, I would really suggest looking at this game again and noticing what you did wrong and improving on it, I don't expect you to become a total veteran over night, but if you want to impress me, work on your play/attitude and prepare for next time.

4. PrivateJoker-Brown

I think you did fine this game, I don't feel like there was effort there sometimes and I felt like you weren't really into the game as much as you should be, especially at crunch time in D3. I know you had something with Kary going on but if you're town it's your job to fight it and lynch scum! You can't just expect everyone to do everything for you. I find it really odd though, you shown a ton of effort in your last newbie but here you were lacking, I think it factors in merely because you were given chase early on in the game, I know getting pressured isn't fun but you gotta prove your towniness! More effort and confidence and you'll be good in no time, I like your analytic play in a sense, I think you made conservative posts with meaning but I don't think your skill is at the same level; you need more experience.

5. -Masquerain- (King Of Brawl)

Why'd you give up on D2? You instantly claimed and then washed your hands of the game. I didn't like that at all, and I think that was your fault there. I can't really give you advice here as I feel like you are a good player already who just needs to work on things mentioned earlier, attitude, effort, and experience. Try sticking around next time or getting your head into the game.

6. Orboknown (Rake)

Orbo, I think you did fine. You need to fix issues like activity and effort like others, but that's about it, you're usually Obvtown when you're town. Rake, what the hell were you doing D1? That cocky attitude didn't make a damn near bit of sense and you're not Ryker to get away with it, I really think you dropped the ball there and I couldn't help but shake my head at half of your posts, your confidence was completely silly and I believe you shouldn't try that again unless you have some incentive to do it.

7. BSP

BSP, You did really well for your first time as Mafia. I was impressed D1 and I hated to see you go, your play just seemed so sincere and you even got the IC's to believe it, Ramen just carried from your play and barely had to do anything. Props. If you stuck around and kept it up from D1 you would have gotten MvP.

8. Kary (IC)

Ya blew it! I think you were doing really good early on but you kinda slouched at the end, was it because of inactivity? I think you didn't have much to go on and really I feel like this could have gotten better for yourself had the town been more willing to be active here for sure, I don't know why you stopped on Loli but had you gotten her earlier on this coulda changed for sure. You did a fine job IC'ing too and I appreciate you joining my game.

9. Gheb_01 (IC)(FrozenFlame751)

Gheb, it sucked to see you replace out. You were on the money about Loli and I think you really were trying to play this game, I think if you stuck around things would have been different, you had enough influence to get what you wanted and sadly once you left the game kind of just fell flat on it's face. You were a great IC also. Frozen, thanks for replacing in man, and no hard feelings about your activity. Life is more priority than mafia, and I was impressed you wrote an Apology PM about me about activity, as far as I'm concerned, that shows me that you really wanted to try here and you're welcome in any of my future games. I would loved to see what you could do if you were more active.

----

I am considering either MvP to LoliLovesRain or No MvP, Loli did a fair job but town simply lost this game with their activity. You guys really need to show more effort! You can't just expect someone to always be there for you, if you're town I want to see more posting and more activity, D1 was fine but everything else sucked. D2 you guys kinda grasped at nothing and didn't consider anything, not even looking at the flip or the wagon and stuff like that, what happened? I admit there was some hiccups with Replacements but I tried my hardest to get those slots filled as fast as possible. Simply put here, activity was a major factor. D3 was the hugest problem, and I was surprised to see my thread not bumped for merely two days. I don't understand here and I'd really like it if everyone could have their share on why they felt to be so inactive, I'm not blaming you here I would just like to know as a concerned moderator.

#HBC | ѕoup

Setup Comments

Fightning Fefnir, Vanilla Townie
Sage Harpuia, Vanilla Townie
Dr. Ciel, Vanilla Townie
Craft, Vanilla Townie
Cyber X, Vanilla Townie
Zero, Town Bodyguard
Hidden Phantom, Town Watcher
Fairy Leviathan, Mafia Goon
Omega Zero, Mafia Redirector

The flavor of this game was really hard to put into a setup, so I tweaked and made the story so it didn't follow canon, I didn't want the same thing happening like my last game, so I changed things around a bit. Even for the knowledgable players who happened to play this game, there really wasn't any connection as far as flavor goes, and even if someone had a hunch I made it so you couldn't be like "All the guardians are town" or "Craft is a villian on MMZ4 therefore he is scum." So yeah, that was done on purpose.

The setup itself was slightly tweaked, I made Redirector choose an action on random, I buffed it just in case a newbie didn't understand the mechanics, and did not let the mafia know if it was a visiting power (Spoiler: it was :gova:). It was purely made to screw with both the watcher and Bodyguard, but not too powerful where it could do both, which is a main reason why it was random also. Bodyguard was merely to protect the watcher, and also to be counter-claimed by Scum. The bodyguard isn't confirmed in a report from the Watcher, and can be suspected as a visiting role, scum could also use this to their advantage. I don't usually condone counter-claiming but it was there for a reason, I'm kinda sad I didn't see anything happen like that. The Watcher was way more useful and could catch either the Redirector/Goon or clear a player if done successfully, but once again, it just proved to be useless.

#HBC | ѕoup

Role PMs!

A main rule of mine is to always write the Role PMs first and then condense them to my alt, just for easy copy-pasting and for moments like these, I was happy with them and I always try to make them as entertaining and informative as possible. This is the rough-draft of them and there might be some spelling/BB code errors, also some of the images might not work because ZeroChan sucks.

Яagnarock said:
[collapse="Town"][collapse="Zero"]

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"

Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), Rake! You are Zero, Town Bodyguard. Pretty fitting isn't it? Zero's overwhelming power and his own will makes him perfect for the Bodyguard role, and hopefully you will carry on those same traits Zero has! Go forth and be badass, and shriek like a little girl that you happened to be bestowed this role, even as the Moderator, I'm a bit jealous myself!

Active Abilities -
Protect: Each night, you may choose one player to protect by sending me the command Protect: (Player name). That player will be immune to all killing actions BUT you will die in their place if there is a killing action performed on that player! Be very careful and use this role wisely.

You are Town aligned and win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse="Dr. Ciel"]

"Zzzzzz...*snore*....."

Umm..Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), PrivateJoker-Brown! You are Dr. Ciel, Vanilla Townie. It seems the poor girl has overworked herself again, she's always trying to help everyone and leaves no time to herself. Luckily, Ciel's supportive mindset and mostly cheerful attitude could be of great use to you and your fellow town members, but try not to fall asleep on the job!

Active Abilities -
You have your voice and your vote, use them wisely.

You are Town aligned and win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse="Fefnir"]

"I'll turn you into toast by the time I'm done with you!"

Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), Kary! You are Fighting Fefnir, Vanilla Townie. You are a very resilient soldier who has a great sense of honor, you love getting into fights also however. I think it's pretty cool that you happened to get this role, maybe you'll show the same resilience and honor that Fefnir has, surprise me!

Active Abilities -

[collapse="X"]

"That's right... It's begun again... How long must this war go on?"

Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), Ori_bro! You are Cyber X, Vanilla Townie. X's body may be deceased in this installment, but his heart lives on. X has always fought for peace between reploids and humans, but it seems this time peace isn't an option. While you may be just a spirit in this realm, your influence is still important as ever. Good luck out there.

Active Abilities -

[collapse="Craft"]
"I only wanted to protect her.."

Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), Gheb_01! You are Craft, Vanilla Townie. A love sickened reploid who doesn't even know his own motives, Craft was a solider that merely followed orders. Though many believed him to have bad intentions most of the time. A misguided man only looking for redemption, perhaps you shall redeem him.

Active Abilities -

[collapse="Phantom"]
"I will make your death quick and painless."

Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), King of Brawl! You are Hidden Phantom, Town Watcher. As a member of the four guardians and apart of Neo Arcadia, you would consider to possibly be a villain here, wouldn't you? I guess that's not the case, and luckily we have you on our side! Your quick speed and agile movements will make you perfect to sneak through the night and watch any dastardly deeds being done.

Active Abilities -
Watch: Each night, you are allowed to PM one specific player by using the command Watch: (Playername.) You will then see who has visited this player during the night phase.

You are Town aligned and win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Harpuia"]
"Master X is no more..."

Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), BadWolf28738! You are Sage Harpuia, Vanilla Townie. You have a great sense of responsibility and loyalty to your master, but in this case, your master is deceased. You have lost reasoning to fight with Neo Arcadia and have chosen to align with the good guys! How nice of you, now go be responsible and loyal and stuff.

Active Abilities -

You are Town aligned and win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse="Mafia"][collapse="Leviathan"]
"Hehe! Okay, I guess I'll play with you for a little bit!

Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), LoliLovesRain! You are Fairy Leviathan, Mafia Goon. Tired of your peers you have decided to turn against them and show your dominance. You are a force to be wreckened with and you and your mafia partner BSP can destroy this town.

Active Abilities -
Kill: Each night, you are allowed to send me a command Kill: (Player name.) That player will be targeted and deceased by the beginning of the dayphase. But watch out! There are those Pesky Watcher/Bodyguard out there that could thwart your plans.

Passive Abilites -
Mafia: You are aligned with your partner BSP. You both share a quicktopic (http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/vEeaTdtRfghg) and discuss your evil schemes together.

[collapse="Safe-claims"]You are aware that Elpizo, The Dark Elf, and any other character is not in this game.[/collapse]

You are Mafia aligned and when you have majority over the town and nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

[collapse="Omega Zero"]

"I will consume you..."

Hello and welcome to Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21), BSP! You are Omega Zero, Mafia Redirector. You are Zero's original body, possessed by an evil creation Dr. Weil made. You carry all of Zero's arsenal and could put fear into anyone. Use this fear to your advantage.

Active Abilities -
Kill: Each night, you are allowed to send me a command Kill: (Player name.) That player will be targeted and deceased by the beginning of the dayphase. But watch out! There are those Pesky Watcher/Bodyguard out there that could thwart your plans.

Redirect: Each night, you are allowed to Redirect a player. You may send me a command Redirect: (Playername.) That player will be redirected randomly onto another player. This is especially useful trumping that Watcher and Bodyguard.

Passive Abilites -
Mafia: You are aligned with your partner LoliLovesRain. You both share a quicktopic (http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/vEeaTdtRfghg) and discuss your evil schemes together.

[collapse="Safe-claims"]You are aware that Elpizo, The Dark Elf, and any other character is not in this game. You do not have to use these characters if you do not wish to.[/collapse]

You are Mafia aligned and when you have majority over the town and nothing can prevent this.[/collapse][/collapse]
One main thing I wanted to comment about also is the fake-claims I gave mafia, they were purely optional because Leviathan was already a strong claim in itself as mentioned before and flavor really wasn't indicative of anything.

#HBC | ѕoup

I would also like to apologize for any errors I made or my own activity, feel free to give me any criticism back, this is my second game hosted and I merely signed up for a newbie for it because I didn't feel like I was ready for a normal game yet.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Soup: I didn't have enough to go on.

also, loved the flavour and PMs etc, A++ would play again
setup also interesting, not how I would've guessed redirector to work, but was fine.

Thought BSP played really well, but kinda reluctant to say MVP worthy because replacing out kinda helps you out there IMO

Think this game was fine until we lynched Badwolf :ohwell:
I specifically didn't unvote towards the end of D1 to see what would happen-
I wasn't happy with what did happen.

oh yeah, and crippling inactivity

will give people feedback/further thoughts if they want it- disclaimer: not necessarily praise

#HBC | ѕoup

@Soup: I didn't have enough to go on.
I figured as much, you kinda just seemed like you gave up at the end and went "Welp here's hoping he's scum." Orbo wasn't there enough and was a clear Bodyguard and then it was just you and Joker and Joker just dropped dead.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I would also like to apologize for any errors I made or my own activity, feel free to give me any criticism back, this is my second game hosted and I merely signed up for a newbie for it because I didn't feel like I was ready for a normal game yet.
Think you've probably learned from it already, double check votecounts and deadlines etc. etc., nothing serious. Would have liked the setup to be a bit more explicit with how redirector worked etc. in case it did come up, but ehh.
As I said, overall, very happy
and thanks for having me as an IC

Now you should IC my newbie :p

I figured as much, you kinda just seemed like you gave up at the end and went "Welp here's hoping he's scum." Orbo wasn't there enough and was a clear Bodyguard and then it was just you and Joker and Joker just dropped dead.
Bottom line, BSP seemed more townie than Joker did, and D3 did nothing to rectify that IMO. Like I said, I don't think I had the patience or resources; wish a lot of things had gone differently.

#HBC | ѕoup

Now you should IC my newbie
Might consider it if you want an honest answer. Maybe i'm just bored and summer is diminishing but im craving more Mafia.

BSP

Smash Legend
The funny thing is that I replaced out because I expected to be too busy to give time to the game, yet I'm right here.

From my perspective, I thought you guys cleared me too fast. I didn't actually do much to help the town from what I remember. I justified my actions and tried to not doing anything in a rash manner, but I was never really proactive. If the game had been more active, you all would have probably called me out on it, but eh.

Inactivity hard counters town hard from what im seeing. If you lynch the inactives, you possibly mislynch, and if you leave them alive, it's a useless slot :\

D1 also gave us a perfect start. Loli and I knew that if we kept Joker alive, D1 would get him lynched in the end. We killed Ori N1 because we didn't think any PR would go on him. Frozen got lynched off of inactivity mostly, so that was unfortunate. IDK what Zen + Loli discussed for the N2 kill, but killing the watcher was a good choice. I actually would've been risky and killed Kary because I knew that Joker and Joey were at odds, Joey wouldn't mind him getting lynched, and Kary was the biggest threat to the mafia imo.

As for the redirect ability, I never used it while I had the chance because I thought it was too risky with the random factor. Loli and I just discussed who would be least likely to be PR targets.

Anyways, overall, it was fun, but inactivity just destroys mafia in general, whether the inactive is scum or not. That frozen lynch probably wouldn't have happened if the slot was more active, and then Loli and I would have had to reach some to avoid seeming like we were coasting.

Top Bottom