• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also can we all just talk for a minute about how I was doomed from my second post and what I thought Yolo was doing (making up vague FoS's so he could justify killing me) was exactly what they were doing?

Like I said in the greenroom though: at least I learned my lesson about claiming restrictions early. Next time if I ever role Indy I'll be able to see it through hopefully.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, yeh

Sorry Rake, that hydra sucked. I spent the entire game dealing with **** you did because people were choosing to hate on it (or hate on you, either or) and as much as it was helpful how we caught Circus, I don't wanna relive that experience again. Relentless constant *****ing about our slot is what caused us to die, even if two of the most prominent relentless *****ers about our slot were scum and a lot of that came from you or how I handled what you did.

Hi 5 on helping me with Circus though, we pulled that one out.
There is no muzzle.

That's pretty much all there is to say on the matter.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Or instead, people could just take their heads out of their *****, and read the things I posted in the thread, without assuming with every fiber of their being that I'm scum. I mean, I can see how anonymity might help with that, but it wouldn't have helped me. If I had written who I wanted to lynch D2 in my N1 message, it would've been Circus, and they lynched him. My N2 message got blocked, and I didn't make it to N3.

I went through the whole game being fine, but every time someone "did a reread", they did it with "PJB is scum" in mind, because Kantrip and soup wouldn't shut the **** up about me for the entire game. What should have happened, is that they actually read my posts, instead of just believing every goddamn word being said about me all game. Soup spent well over half the game just slinging mud at me, and eventually people started believing his bull**** instead of actually reading me. No amount of "but PJB, you were being scummy" will convince me that you were actually reading me, because you weren't. Everyone's accusations against me were just false, and it was ridiculous. It didn't matter how many times I actually pointed to why they were wrong, they were just not prepared to listen. It was infuriating.

This was the least fun I've had in any game I've ever played. That's the reason I gave up. It was not fun, it was torture. Town did not let up on me for even a moment, it was disgusting. The weight that was lifted when I decided to just stop posting? Tremendous. I've never felt good about being a quitter before, but that **** felt good.
So then don't ****ing play the way you do. You made this whole game the PJB show whenever you came into thread? Why? CUZ YOU'RE THE PERSON YOU FOCUSED ON THE MOST. I've almost never had an easier time manipulating a slot than this game with you. You played BADLY. Stop caring so much about what people think of you and you'll have a better time. Talk about what you want to talk about, and if what you want to talk about IS you, then you'll never get better. With the way you played this game, you are a walking detriment to towns everywhere. I will not let you leave this game and have you believe it was everybody else's fault. People focused on you a little much, but you brought that onto yourself every time you entered the thread. It's like people weren't allowed to pressure you. That's how badly defensive you were.

#HBC | Gorf

Yup, I sure did focus on myself all game. That wasn't soup or kantrip at all, no siree. I didn't call out Circus' play on D1, or push my scumread on you D2, or give a readlist on D3. This is exactly why I bailed. It's like you truly didn't read the things I posted. I may not have played super well, but the insistence that I literally did nothing but talk about myself all game is absurd. I attempted to contribute, but every time I did, soup/kantrip just brought the focus back on me.
>Called out Circus' play on D1

And where did that lead? Oh that's right nowhere cuz you decided to focus in on Soup's scum read on you instead of following up on it the next Day.

>Pushed a Ruy scumread

Cool, and where did this lead? Again ****ing nowhere cuz you decided that dwelling on you was more important.

>Readlist on D3

Yea and this really means little when anybody does it period so no big whoop in that.

To be fair, Kantrip and Soup DID put on the goggles when looking at your slot. But that's only because your response to pressure of any kind is piss ****ing poor, and if you don't recognize that, well I'm sorry but that's gonna remain a flaw in your play.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i played poorly because i actively tried to get my scum-read lynched while pjb sat there getting mad at everyone who even gave him a bad look

and rajam is apparently townie of the month despite not being a factor for the whole game despite some intervals

and that one time he defended pjb

#HBC | ѕoup

OS you've got such a hard-on for the mechanical side of mafia, there's more to this game than that

rajam really wasn't proactive and very out of the loop for the most part, he pushed his own agenda which is fine on paper but there's a reason why half of the playerlist were shouting for him to get lynched because he was just dead-weight stuck in a loop of neverending catch-ups, im not saying he did terrible but come on i dont think i did great either but apparently rajam has set the standard of how mafia should be played now

#HBC | Gorf

Hey, i still dont know why people hated one me man. It was literally force fed to them BY SCUM that i was doing weird **** (and i dont even know why / what people disliked it/me). Gorf calling me scum because i called Nick obvtown after he fought me on that ONLY to completely fold to it ? That's BS to the absolute maximum, Nich was the most derpy obvious town in history. Any scum would have killed him and it was scummy as balls for gorf to say : well wifom but Rake called him town and now he's dead so let's lynch RTL. Like wtf.

The entirety of most of the days we were alive we were being *****ed at and called scum by SCUM, literally Luigi's 2.0 where all scum does is mud sling my slot and people eat it up because reading IS JUST TOO HARD.

I liked hydraing with you though and I think we woulda been able to find marshy because me and you discussed him as a scummer but passed over due to circus.
Do you realize you are, by far, the easiest person to get a ML on? Your play actually sucks. Your play allowed me to run an ML on Laundry! I did that on purpose because I KNOW YOUR PLAY IS SO EASILY TWISTABLE, AND I WANT YOU DEAD IN EVERY GAME WE PLAY! Your confidence? So unbelievably unwarranted. The Rake effect is real, and it really does plague games. Fix that. You centralized this entire game around Kantrip, a slot that wasn't scummy in the slightest, on D1. Oh, and your "influence" you think you may have? Yea, you're everybody puppet, even town's. They know you're gonna do something inevitably stupid some time along the line and they'll let you do it cuz, well I mean they aren't physically at your computer to stop you. Nich wasn't obvtown till his first wall. I'm convinced that you made that read up, like you do with ALMOST EVERY SINGLE READ YOU MAKE. I was the only scum calling you scum all game, and yes, people did read. When I want you dead regardless of alignment, it's like you spoonfeed me the fuel to lynch you. You can't read people for ****. I don't care how right you were on Circus. You surely read him for the wrong reasons, and Laundry was likely able to weed out what the right reasons were and put them in a post.

Your play legitimately sucks. Fix it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
5. JDietz43 (died D3, Zero Indie)

I was pretty salty when, as an indie role against the entire game, you outed a section of your role that could kill you. I pretty much knew you were sunk then unless YOLO died. That said, you got pretty close to winning. You wouldn't have been lynched I don't think, and both Raziek and Rajam lasted until the end. You would have made it to victory if not for being voteblocked. :(

Next time, remember all secrets are good secrets.

Yeah, my noobness showed through there big time. I thought "Well what could stop me from voting someone besides me not being on the ball? Might as well tell people I won't ever unvote so no one balks." Of course I was immediately proven dead wrong and should have surmised that if I had such a restriction there'd be roles to threaten me with it because mods don't do things for no reason, even in the type of game that's liable to be flavor restriction heavy.

Lesson well learned though. Next time secrets will be kept for sure.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
This was my first time having a green room, I assume no one spoiled anything anywhere. Was fun reading the green room, will likely do it again.

edit:

Also absolutely no one in the green room can say "I would have done..." or "It was obvious that.." unless they link to a post in the Green Room quick topic. I asked them to post lists in the QT and ZERO OBSERVERS would do it XD

peeps fraid of being called out for bein wrong

it's like drawing a picture and being like "Hey, is this any good? I only spent ten minutes on it."

but really you only spent ten minutes on it to protect yourself
I'd have actually given it to you had I continued to read past the day I died. As it was the best I could do was "lol idk Gorf for no reason?", which I did XP

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Soup, I thought you wanted things to be nice in post-game!

and rajam is apparently townie of the month despite not being a factor for the whole game despite some intervals
rajam really wasn't proactive and very out of the loop for the most part, he pushed his own agenda which is fine on paper but there's a reason why half of the playerlist were shouting for him to get lynched because he was just dead-weight stuck in a loop of neverending catch-ups, im not saying he did terrible but come on i dont think i did great either but apparently rajam has set the standard of how mafia should be played now
Just because the way Rajam plays this game doesn't fit your personal criteria of what a "good " player is "supposed" to do, doesn't mean he didn't play well. Not everybody who isn't a self-centered loudmouth is a non-factor. Not everybody who isn't as proactive as you are is "out of the loop" or "deadweight". That's your own personal reception of his play. Some people just play this game differently. Rajam is a slow player and that's *not* a bad thing. He is a perceptive player - not a creative one - and that isn't a bad thing either. He played well this game and so did you after some time. I don't think he deserves an MvP award for this but the way you undermine his play is just sad and reflects poorly on you imo.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

I thought Rajam played unbelievably well. The only thing about his play that I didn't get was some of his PoE. If PJB was bad town from rajams POV, I don't see how soup wasn't. He would've lost the game due to his trust of me if I didn't **** up the last Days. I really like his style though and how he scrutinizes EVERYTHING. Gotta keep up appearances though you feel me, and honestly his play is too swingy early game for my taste. He's literally just not there, and from a townie perspective it makes him nearly unreadable till late game, which sucks. But that's not his fault in the slightest. GG's Rajam, and next time think twice before who the better player to mason is between me and Raz ;)

#HBC | ѕoup

it was mostly to OS and being a bit spiteful towards his reception of my own play, it wasn't intended to undermine Rajam

Rajam

Smash Champion
Also can we all just talk for a minute about how I was doomed from my second post and what I thought Yolo was doing (making up vague FoS's so he could justify killing me) was exactly what they were doing?

Like I said in the greenroom though: at least I learned my lesson about claiming restrictions early. Next time if I ever role Indy I'll be able to see it through hopefully.
You still don't surpass X1's record of getting doomed in his first post in Super Heroes Mafia

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
gorf, non of that is helpful in the least. Why dont you tell me what made my play so balls so i dont know, maybe i can improve it instead of just calling me bad or dumb. But I mean if that's too hard for you to process please keep yelling.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
From what I've found when people say "you played bad" it means one of three things:

1) You were a lightning rod for town's attention, and thus helped scum hide
2) You pursued an incorrect read and/or protected scum vehemently enough to cause damage to your faction
3) You provided nothing and were "dead weight", thus giving town a devil's choice of "ignore the lurker that could be scum, or lynch the lurker who we have no evidence of being scum"

Most people can narrow it down to one of those when someone calls them bad.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Speaking of town being better

Someone being fake is a ****ty ****ing reason to lynch someone

9/10 you will not be able to prove that a person's being fake. Unless that person has ****ed up that badly that they are so obviously being fake with their ****, you will not be able to honestly and accurately claim someone's being fake unless you fluked and that person was actually doing that. It is a stupid reason to lynch people and it's a stupid reason to pressure people. Y'know why? It's built off assumptions rather than actual observations based on someone's play. That's like lynching/pushing someone off a gutread. You don't do that.
You're wrong.

Players with lots of thread power who get people lynched when they want to and have good reads but never give reasoning? Those players are pushing off of gut/assumptions. When they give reasoning or make a case it means there's observational material to work with, but you're deluding yourself if you think reading someone's play based on how they compose themselves and how they word their sentences and how they're acting isn't possible.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what I've found when people say "you played bad" it means one of three things:

2) You pursued an incorrect read and/or protected scum vehemently enough to cause damage to your faction
3) You provided nothing and were "dead weight", thus giving town a devil's choice of "ignore the lurker that could be scum, or lynch the lurker who we have no evidence of being scum"

I might have to save this just because it's very accurate from what I've seen

Kantrip

Kantplay

I see what you did there.

Yeah I played badly and I think scum played well enough to deserve a win but I'm happy town won anyways. Good games guys, thanks for hosting OS

Kantrip

Kantplay
Really? Tell that **** to Rake. You don't lynch off a gutread man my sides.

Oh and NUHOOOOOOO way did that Kantrip lynch need to happen imo. Kantrip has really stupid, really silly plays especially early game but the best way to read him is when he's not being a total tard. When he wasn't being a total tard I felt like his play was obvious. Maybe I'm just scum and I knew he was town but I think that lynch could've not happened.
I liked this because I thought I agreed with it but then I realized the opposite is true.

When I'm scum I can emulate town play better than I can when I'm town. Like honestly, I'll probably look more townie in games where I'm scum than I will when I roll town, mostly because when I'm town I don't give a **** about my appearance and I say and do scummy things sometimes and then I get in a hole about it.

The best way to read me actually is when I'm being a tard. Usually I'd say that when I'm being pants-on-head ******** I'm probably town, and when I argue things out reasonably and make coherent points to counter whatever people have on me, I'm probably scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
there's a reason i don't want to hydra with rake again. i backed him for my own reasons but there was no way i actually believed that **** myself lopl

I disagree but that's because I saw him in EnA.
I feel like that was a special case but I forget why. I was indy right?

When I'm indy I get more apathetic towards the game because I feel like I don't have any goals to work towards other than surviving and rather than focusing on doing the obvious (hunting scum) I hang back because I care about my appearance and people scumread me when I hunt scum. And I can't fake hunting scum because I don't automatically have information so I can't just bull**** reads and I actually still have to try. What happens is a hybrid of my scum and town play since I can't coast by on faking town play so I'll get scumread like I do when I'm a townie but I care about my appearance so I'll try not to do anything that'll get me scumread. It's a bad combination

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You're wrong.

Players with lots of thread power who get people lynched when they want to and have good reads but never give reasoning? Those players are pushing off of gut/assumptions. When they give reasoning or make a case it means there's observational material to work with, but you're deluding yourself if you think reading someone's play based on how they compose themselves and how they word their sentences and how they're acting isn't possible.
Does it make it good though? How often are those players wrong?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I feel like that was a special case but I forget why. I was indy right?

When I'm indy I get more apathetic towards the game because I feel like I don't have any goals to work towards other than surviving and rather than focusing on doing the obvious (hunting scum) I hang back because I care about my appearance and people scumread me when I hunt scum. And I can't fake hunting scum because I don't automatically have information so I can't just bull**** reads and I actually still have to try. What happens is a hybrid of my scum and town play since I can't coast by on faking town play so I'll get scumread like I do when I'm a townie but I care about my appearance so I'll try not to do anything that'll get me scumread. It's a bad combination
You were indy, yes. You had a legit motivation to scumhunt and I townread you up until you started walking into thread proclaiming that Gheb must be Indy and you just hammered away at it. Then Drew posted his giant tinfoil hat theory, you dipped into that, and that was about it for you. You tend to latch onto really stupid things as scum and just hang onto it for long periods of time or get really excitable. It's not when you're composed that you're readable, it's when you're not.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You were indy, yes. You had a legit motivation to scumhunt and I townread you up until you started walking into thread proclaiming that Gheb must be Indy and you just hammered away at it. Then Drew posted his giant tinfoil hat theory, you dipped into that, and that was about it for you. You tend to latch onto really stupid things as scum and just hang onto it for long periods of time or get really excitable. It's not when you're composed that you're readable, it's when you're not.
I think I tend to latch onto stupid things no matter what my alignment is, lol

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You do, and I learned that this game, but when you do it as scum, it's for hella scummy things. In recent memory, as scum, I've seen you try to **** on a town PR's claim (GS4), try to push Gheb as Indy for his random hidden death (EnA), and lynch marshy off some fakeass **** (Tranq). None of those are town moves lopl.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'd enjoy a shot at actually establishing a scum meta of my own at some point. I'm town about 90% of the time. :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also @Nicholas1024 you called me on reasons tbh, are a part of my scum meta, but I was at APEX so it meshed together. You had the right idea for a scum read, even with meta on me it made sense it's just I was at a world smash tournament so it was hard for me to give large long valid reasons.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Fair point. As I noted in the dead QT though, your play D2 and onwards would have forced me to reread your slot had I still been in the game, as it was definitely looking far more townie than your D1 play had.

Also, Apex is definitely a legit reason to semi-lurk. :p

Kantrip

Kantplay
You do, and I learned that this game, but when you do it as scum, it's for hella scummy things. In recent memory, as scum, I've seen you try to **** on a town PR's claim (GS4), try to push Gheb as Indy for his random hidden death (EnA), and lynch marshy off some fakeass **** (Tranq). None of those are town moves lopl.
Interesting to note. I'll try to cut this trend out of my scumplay so you can't read me like a book when I'm scum :p

Then again these could all be hindsight observations

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If anyone has an ideas on what they thought was imbalanced / op with this game, let me know. I don't think there was anything too glaring (although certain things did create helpless feeling situations).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If anyone has an ideas on what they thought was imbalanced / op with this game, let me know. I don't think there was anything too glaring (although certain things did create helpless feeling situations).
The vote shinanigans were wierd, even more so when there was a lot of them.

Only thing that stood out to me really loudly.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we'd need to see the role PMs too, I'm still curious what Hammerman's power was or if he was just a voteblock red-herring

Top Bottom