• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Tbh, I had personal worries that your role could've been an NK bomb as well, being that you could take whoever NK'd you with you. I NEEDED your role gone, it was too dangerous to our team, and developing a scum read on you early was key.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
But yeh

Putting my salt aside, ggs scum. You did play well ('cept you Jerkus but I think that's more because you are really easy for me to read [don't count LM pls my other head was mean that game]) and it did come down to PoE to find your last two members, which is a sign of you playing well.

town pls be better tho

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Tbh, I had personal worries that your role could've been an NK bomb as well, being that you could take whoever NK'd you with you. I NEEDED your role gone, it was too dangerous to our team, and developing a scum read on you early was key.
dammit rake

#HBC | Gorf

Oh nah, the interaction between Circus and YOLO wasn't really believable, but that's entirely from Circus' side. Circus was toast once Laundry came into thread with that, but he really redeemed himself by taking LaundRake out with em.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oh gorf, town did fine too. There were hiccups, but that''s likely for any town. They're not perfect. I am not dissapointed with anyone this game SANS PRIVATEJOKER-BROWN and I think what really matters is that town pulled through, no matter how you slice it.

I could have hammered Rajam and good GORF the salt would be ten times the level

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Was Soup going to shoot Raz or Yolo when I roleblocked him?
YOLO.

Though, again, that probably would have benefitted scum more than town in the long run.

Nicely done, town. Gorf, Marshy, it was immensely fun scumming with you.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It looked like it because Raz ninja'd him at the beginning of D4 or whatever it was. But he was actually talking to YOLO across two posts.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Speaking of town being better

Someone being fake is a ****ty ****ing reason to lynch someone

9/10 you will not be able to prove that a person's being fake. Unless that person has ****ed up that badly that they are so obviously being fake with their ****, you will not be able to honestly and accurately claim someone's being fake unless you fluked and that person was actually doing that. It is a stupid reason to lynch people and it's a stupid reason to pressure people. Y'know why? It's built off assumptions rather than actual observations based on someone's play. That's like lynching/pushing someone off a gutread. You don't do that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
The D1 Kantrip lynch was astronomically stupid. Why did that even happen?
The way he treated JDietz (not even PJB, though that wasn't very good either) was what sealed it for me. I didn't mind his lynch either. That needed to happen.

#HBC | Gorf

Nicely done, town. Gorf, Marshy, it was immensely fun scumming with you.
Oh my god. I forgot.

Circus, marshy, you guys were WAAAAAAAAAAY too much fun to scum with. We definitely need to do it again some time. Nothin like waving our ***** in the QT while all this madness goes on am I right?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
People misread potato having a moment like they misread me having a moment.
It had nothing to do with that. If you wanna point to people misreading someone having a moment, look no further than yourself on D3 and PJB the whole game.

#HBC | ѕoup

It had nothing to do with that. If you wanna point to people misreading someone having a moment, look no further than yourself on D3 and PJB the whole game.
Again, PJB was the elephant in the room. You yourself cannot defend his play other than a perspective that he was just being bad town. I did not want to take that risk. If I took a time machine into the past where I almost got PJB lynched in D2, I would have taken it. Then I would go back again just to lynch him again.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This seems like a good moment for me to say that, in general, I'm actually a big fan of the way Kantrip plays and I agree, from an admittedly biased point of view, that the Kantrip lynch felt pretty weird while it was happening. I didn't feel safe legitimately pushing it until after he had started playing martyr, and he usually doesn't do that. In the initial one-on-one between Kanty and PJB, neither of them were all that off (which Raz had right, but that stance was easy to bite into as well). It's town's thirst for blood that sealed the deal on one of them getting lynched.

#HBC | Gorf

Speaking of town being better

Someone being fake is a ****ty ****ing reason to lynch someone

9/10 you will not be able to prove that a person's being fake. Unless that person has ****ed up that badly that they are so obviously being fake with their ****, you will not be able to honestly and accurately claim someone's being fake unless you fluked and that person was actually doing that. It is a stupid reason to lynch people and it's a stupid reason to pressure people. Y'know why? It's built off assumptions rather than actual observations based on someone's play. That's like lynching/pushing someone off a gutread. You don't do that.
Really? Tell that **** to Rake. You don't lynch off a gutread man my sides.

Oh and NUHOOOOOOO way did that Kantrip lynch need to happen imo. Kantrip has really stupid, really silly plays especially early game but the best way to read him is when he's not being a total tard. When he wasn't being a total tard I felt like his play was obvious. Maybe I'm just scum and I knew he was town but I think that lynch could've not happened.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Again, PJB was the elephant in the room. You yourself cannot defend his play other than a perspective that he was just being bad town. I did not want to take that risk. If I took a time machine into the past where I almost got PJB lynched in D2, I would have taken it. Then I would go back again just to lynch him again.
I disagree on him being lynched because he was defensive. The only thing he looked really grody on was the way he treated Circus. After Circus flipped scum, he shot to the top of my lynch list in the green room but it was solely because he tried to throw the brakes on the Jerkus wagon after trying to take credit for being the one to start it.

If you want to ***** about him being defensive, he's apparently usually defensive. The one time I've seen him play pretty well regardless was KvK, and even then, he was still a salty ************ there, just everyone unanimously townread him for his early play.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ebwop: it doesn't help that everyone kept trying to come up with a reason for pjb to be scum and i couldn't buy any of them up until the way he treated circus. that lynch did need to happen but not for anything prior to that point. he got a lot of **** for reasons i don't really understand and he eventually succumbed to it and got really angry. after two day phases, i don't blame him. i got real mad at the game too.

#HBC | ѕoup

one day i hope SWF town meta devolves back into the games played in 2008 where they just lynched for the **** of it and games only lasted like 551 posts and everyone didnt care because god this **** is ****ing grating seriously 2224 posts im gonna puke because about 1/3 of them was me but STILL

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Really? Tell that **** to Rake. You don't lynch off a gutread man my sides.
there's a reason i don't want to hydra with rake again. i backed him for my own reasons but there was no way i actually believed that **** myself lopl

Oh and NUHOOOOOOO way did that Kantrip lynch need to happen imo. Kantrip has really stupid, really silly plays especially early game but the best way to read him is when he's not being a total tard. When he wasn't being a total tard I felt like his play was obvious. Maybe I'm just scum and I knew he was town but I think that lynch could've not happened.
I disagree but that's because I saw him in EnA.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf scum came from what he did d2 and d3.
Even though your read was technically accurate, it was for very wrong reasons. First off, never once did anyone EVER mention my D2 play which I'll admit had holes. Second off, the turning over my Soup read was easy to read, you literally just kept misinterpreting it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
one day i hope SWF town meta devolves back into the games played in 2008 where they just lynched for the **** of it and games only lasted like 551 posts and everyone didnt care because god this **** is ****ing grating seriously 2224 posts im gonna puke because about 1/3 of them was me but STILL
I don't. I like games like this. Pulp Fiction's 90 ****ing pages is still one of my favorite games in the history of this site because of so many various qualities. It means a lot of **** happened in them and you can't just blame the game on town being idiots. I don't mind a little #HBC (because days stalling due to certain slots being ******* can harm games) but going all #HBC causes a ****ton of problems that various games in about the past year or two years proves how bad it is. Look no further than Legend of Mana.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This is actually one of the reasons basically every game I've been developing recently has been, like, 7-10 players in size. Less players to analyze = less people feeling overwhelmed on D1/D2 trying to sniff people out. Short, small games are where it's at.

#HBC | ѕoup

that game was so fun though all this game made me think about was doing something to physically hurt myself and others

mafia is stressful ****ing work

but yeah like i said im done for a bit

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This is actually one of the reasons basically every game I've been developing recently has been, like, 7-10 players in size. Less players to analyze = less people feeling overwhelmed on D1/D2 trying to sniff people out. Short, small games are where it's at.
It may also help that I come from a site that used to average 25 players a game and don't feel at all overwhelmed in larges. You tend to learn to prioritize some players over others as some are either easy or just not worth your time.

#HBC | Gorf

Ya know... Maybe, just maybe, blame can go to the townie for being misread! Ya know, that exists! That's a skill, being able to be read right!

#HBC | ѕoup

i dont know what it is either but it's poetry and beautiful god bless gorf

or should i say

gorf bless

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Man there are a lot of asterisks in my posts. Maybe I should consider the life of a sailor.
It may also help that I come from a site that used to average 25 players a game and don't feel at all overwhelmed in larges. You tend to learn to prioritize some players over others as some are either easy or just not worth your time.
This place used to be like that too. Look at the really early games in the archive. ****ing HUGE rosters.

I really just personally prefer small, intimate setups. Yeah, you learn to prioritize in larger games because you have to, but it's not a very efficient way to play as either alignment, I think.

#HBC | Gorf

that game was so fun though all this game made me think about was doing something to physically hurt myself and others

mafia is stressful ****ing work

but yeah like i said im done for a bit
Dude. I'm telling you. Mafia's only as stressful as you make it. If you just chill and go in level headed, NOT LOOKING FOR A PROBLEM, BUT RATHER ANALYZING TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY, you'll not only have a much better time but come to more natural reads. And you do when you're not going crazy.

Top Bottom