• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Uhh... Rephrase this, cuz I refuse to believe your question is as dumb as it seems.
Well.

Circus seems perfectly willing which gets rid of two scummy slots, but he is....really willing. Which I find odd but idk maybe as scum he would think he can take a townie down with him or something like that.

PJB is in the ballpark of he would never hammer RakeLaundry ever and would ATE about losing two townies.

I think that is telling, though more so on a RakeLaundry flip.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I''ve been thinking about that too, if RakeLaundry did lie about the bomb part.

Eh if that happened I'd feel better about Circus.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

Uhh I'd rather just not fret about it. The amount of possibilities we have as far as the outcome of this are finite, and the only one that isn't beneficial to us is if they're both town, which is the least likely scenario to me. I can see Circus wanting to take a townie out, sure, but I feel like something like that can't necessarily be determined with the info we have atm. Circus hammering LaundRake just feels like the safest route to take overall. If LaundRake is town, Circus is 100% scum and will actually die. If LaundRake is scum, woohoo we lynched scum and we get to read whether or not we follow his Jerkus case as a bus or not going into toMorrow.

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
been rolling this around my head a lot considering how this day is progressing

@ Rake the Lawndry Rake the Lawndry

if youre town i really wanna see what you have to say about all this. ive been thinking about what scum would do in this situation and i believe theyd LOVE this and would flock to it. they potentially lose two townies (tho i doubt this cuz im pretty sure jerkus is scum) or one and get to be absolved of responsibility due to the "well we got to kill two birds with one stone!" card specially cuz townies are of that mentality as well. i want your thoughts on the possibility of scum orchestrating this shift from jerkus to yourself. as in asking 'how would scum approach this situation?' or if theyre sittin back or what. i hate to pull a soup but i cant help but feel like scum MIGHT be taking advantage of the paranoia regarding your slot to sink you and ima be pissed as **** if youre town and im stuck here picking up the pieces cuz town wanted to turn off their brains at the thot of taking advantage of a claim

Rajam

Smash Champion
Well with a Kant townflip PJB looks much worse, particularly the misrepresentation war they had on page 16 where they both dug in and PJB started reaching back as bad as Kant had been. There's no contest that PJB had some bad posts of his own even though Kantrip's were worse (those last few he put down where he basically said "I didn't read anything" sealed the deal for me).

(artist's rendition)

I don't want to jump to an auto-PJB lynch here because my re-read has me skeptical of Circus and Ryu as well, and I'd love to hear what Raz has to say now that he's caught up. That said if PJB needs to go today over one of Circus/Ryu after toDay's content I will shed no tears.

Circus gave me pause on re-read because I couldn't see where he was coming from on his Badwolf hate later on in the dayphase along with his very mechanical play that's already been pointed out by other parties. Ryu because even though he dropped his picture tenets he hasn't really given us anything to work with. Most of his posts have been one or two sentence remarks and were often pretty open to interpretation (see: the above post). I wouldn't put it past him to throw back on a thing he did for "fun" as town in an old game (utrickd) and play it off again for alterier motives if scum in this one.

I can't get a full read on your slot because I can't shake that a double voting vote blocking role would be amazing as scum and you really phoned it in yesterDay, and Soup I have misgivings about because he came in late to thread with not quite enough content to analyze full intent, but some of the reasons I saw he cited for joining made me question him joining the wagon. In particular his posts #780 and #802 where he rails on Kantrip for the amount of points Kantrip had against PJB in his inital push without seeming to mention the fact that Kantrip made joke points about padding his point number. He might think that was legit scummy just to have a long list even with intentional jokes about said, but it was an odd thing to overlook as I never thought that in particular was all that bad over jokey. It only really irks me because he harped on it twice without mentioning the joke aspect so it was a real selling point for him. I know I'm nitpicking on nitpicking here, but it's the last thing in my re-read notes I haven't touched on. Soup null overall so far.

On the town side of things you'd probably have to irl bribe me to put my vote on Gorf, I don't see Rake being an enormous scumspect barring new play or a bad response to my earlier question, and I'd be comfortable taking Badwolf further along.

Rajam we can drop at any time, and honestly probably should.

That all said I've got to read this new stuff and see if any of this changes my reads coming in.
These reads feel more like "just for your information" rather than anything else. Doesn't explain town reads, null reads are parroted more than any other kind of reads, and his scum reads are just a declaration, with weak reasoning imo, and without questioning or pressuring. Overall this is what scum would do as safe play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Circus (2) - Red Ryu, RakeTheLawndry,
YOLOSWAG (1) - MOD
PJB (1) - Rajam,
RakeTheLawndry (4) - Raziek, Gorf, Soup, JDietz43,

Not voting: PJB, YOLOSWAG, Circus, BadWolf,

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Deadline is Jan. 31st at 3 p.m.

Last edited:

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
actually nah i don't wanna play this game anymore

vote: rake the lawndry

have circus hammer. if he refuses, lynch him.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
been rolling this around my head a lot considering how this day is progressing

@ Rake the Lawndry Rake the Lawndry

if youre town i really wanna see what you have to say about all this. ive been thinking about what scum would do in this situation and i believe theyd LOVE this and would flock to it. they potentially lose two townies (tho i doubt this cuz im pretty sure jerkus is scum) or one and get to be absolved of responsibility due to the "well we got to kill two birds with one stone!" card specially cuz townies are of that mentality as well. i want your thoughts on the possibility of scum orchestrating this shift from jerkus to yourself. as in asking 'how would scum approach this situation?' or if theyre sittin back or what. i hate to pull a soup but i cant help but feel like scum MIGHT be taking advantage of the paranoia regarding your slot to sink you and ima be pissed as **** if youre town and im stuck here picking up the pieces cuz town wanted to turn off their brains at the thot of taking advantage of a claim
please be town

at this point, i've fought off too much of people's **** and i have no good response to raz's case that will actually be listened to. people will read it and just ignore me and gog knows that if i don't respond, i'm just gonna get sunk anyway. i think you're right that scum might flock to it. i'm pissed a slot like gorf sits on the jerkus wagon for most of the day and then flips to me on consideration that i'm bussing him without actually confirming the bus in the first place. i haven't read much else.

lemme actually read how the other votes form. raz's **** is **** but i can't say i played well and i'm frustated at spending at least a quarter of the game trying to explain my other head's actions when i can't even explain them myself. raz is completely wrong (because, surprise, i'm town) but i doubt i can say much to convince any town in swf that they're wrong at this point. my hydra's been too schizo for too long to do that.

but since i'm dead in the water, i want circus to hammer me. not pjb. **** pjb. that slot's been pressured the entire game for ****ty reasons that people have reached for all game and it took until today for him to react badly after having that pressure the entire game. if you want to have a real reason, look at him after circus flips scum. the way he was trying to deflect off that wagon after having a scumcircus read for a good period of time and that's the only valid reason to consider him scum right now. his ****** reactions after getting pressured for two day phases in a row from nearly the entire game is completely sensible because he's been worn down and is done with it, especially when he's been pushed on multiple cases for such ****ty reasons that aren't even right. the fact that he's being treated like rake in luigi's mansion just makes it worse.

circus is scum. pjb might be scum on a scumcircus flip. if those two are scum, soup's my third pick.

under no circumstances should town lynch ruy, gorf, yolo, or badwolf. those four are most likely town.

ruy if you bite the bullet i swear to gog i'm going to rip you to shreds in post-game. i'm already ripping into the idea of using "fake" in a case to shreds, like a bunch of other things because swf town doesn't seem to understand how to differentiate between a good point and a self-evident one.

let me go look at how the wagon formed on me (aka soup's likely opportunistic jump onto me) and then i'm out.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
Rake the Lawndry, from your exchange with soup from some pages behind (regarding what he was saying about PJB), what's your read on soup, and what's your stance on PJB?
Soup is scum if both PJB and Circus are scum, otherwise likely not. May be scummy individually but nothing really substantial otherwise.

There's been little for me to support PJB scum all game but my gut's been wary of him for awhile now, especially after he tried to ****can the Circus push awhile ago simply because of how quickly it formed.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
Gorf, I'm just not seeing why you think RTL and Circus can't both be scum. Yeah, the interaction does look pretty genuine, but I ALSO know Laundry is damn experienced at bussing people.

Which are you more confident on? Because while I think RTL's case on Circus has a lot of merit, I have scum-reads on both of them.
why the ever loving **** would i bus scumcircus in the position i'm in

because you keep coming to this and yet never seem to have more of a reason than "he just busses people as scum". whoop de doo, am i gonna get this **** every time someone moderately scumreads me in a game just because i'm pushing a case?

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
hell look at soup too for the same reason, both have held me around as "scummy but not a priority" despite following me on circus at least to partial credits (soup's reasoning for not joining it over pjb is horse**** fyi)

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
ebwop: despite following me partially on circus, both have considered me scummy for awhile now while gorf is only just considering me bussing circus and i assume soup is too

welcome to derptown, population scumteam

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
oh word, raz dislikes pjb, i can actually use this logic:

raz why the **** would i bus the **** out of circus while leaving pjb/soup around. pjb has been held in a scummy light by the entire ****ing game while soup has bothered me since the start of today, yet i chose to push down ****ing circus over both of them. the entire logic of "herp derp he's bussing him" completely falls through unless you can answer that question.

answer: you can't, because you don't even know circus' flip yet. classic example of putting the cart in front of the horse

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
I'm tired of thinking about this constant possible mate ****. I genuinely am. Do you notice a pattern right now Gorf?

RTL thinks Circus is scum, thinks PJB is scummy but doesn't wanna lynch him over Jerkus
PJB thinks Circus could be town (???), Thinks Ryu is scummy
I think PJB/Circus are scum
Raziek thinks Circus is scum, but so is PJB, but so is RTL, and I could be scum also. Raziek believes RTL is bussing Jerkus but on the same note RTL could be distancing PJB with his half-stances.

Look at this ****ing pileup right here. It's a goddamn mess. RTL has one direct opinion and tunnel on Jerkus at the moment. Jerkus seems reliant on fighting back on him and accusing that he is scum himself and trying to make a move on him. PJB thinks ???? and really is playing badly and dense and honestly gorf think about this pileup for a minute in proportion on how PJB is thrown around everywhere but he's not getting into any of it. He's just the poor townie being accused by everyone and dogpiled on. I call bull**** to that because he is not townie in the slightest and his content and presence in this game has less worth than Rajam.

Gorf, level with me here. PJB is going to continue to get thrown around until he's lynched. If you think he's scum then he's not even getting bussed at this point, but I think the perspectives of how everyone treats PJB is telling much more and will give us much more than lynching someone who has worth.

I want to see RTL/Raziek/Circus fight each other to the death. If we get rid of PJB now then they're going to have to stop using him as an excuse to pair up teams. Do you think the whole team is just on a massive bussing tirade where they're literally just scum-reading each other? I'm asking you this because I still feel the burns about Tranquility.

Trust me on this one Gorf.

Vote: PJB
i'mma gonna be so mad when i see you voting me because this is such a solid ****ing post

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Raz is probably the likely person who I'm gunning for next regardless of your alignment. I've already stated my qualms with his play this phase in #1517

and you know what lawndry i wanted pjb but i just dont want to deal with having to fight for that and sometimes i know how you feel (actually i know how you feel 99% of the time) and your self-vote im not even mad about because swftown is so bullheaded and basically run each otherover for no specifics reasons that surmount to nothing and this dayphase was wearing on my conscience

think it's time to retire to the cave after this game maybe real talk

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
I also want RTL to stop *****footing around PJB and putting his money where his mouth is.

I'm going to laugh so hard if Ruy/JD/Rajam are watching us self-destruct again HAPPENS EVERYTIME HAHAHAHAHAHA

**** mafia in general dude
I've had this ****ing problem all game where I'm wary of him but I, unlike so many other ****ing people, cannot put a reason to it. People keep throwing ****ty ****ing reasons at a PJB scumread. Your case was ****. Potato's case is ****. Ruy's constantly changing reasons for his scumPJB read is ****. I have yet to see a quality reason to think he's scum outside of him being "defensive" (when he hasn't been up until midway through this day phase), "playing for himself" (not even sure on this one), or whatever the ****. The scummiest thing he's done is that ****ing way he tried to ****can Circus' wagon. That was bad. That was really, really bad.

But y'know something? For all the rferences of EnA, where he did get bussed into the ground, it took Ryker and I bussing him into the ground for him to get lynched. That wagon was completely thrown off by his own actions. He got a Swiss/Adumb slot to buy his townieness, along with Gheb, and both of those slots were trying to swing a lynch another way with like 24 hours of the day left. There was a certain point where I didn't think he'd get lynched because he was playing somewhat townie, even if he was riding the fence. This is why I'm wary of that slot. No one's had a ****ing good reason to lynch him yet but he still has some slight scumminess to him (his readslist has been **** and for what it's worth I am concerned about his treatment of Circus). This is why he wasn't a priority to me. I didn't think he was as solidly scum as Potato yesterday, and I don't think he's as solidly scum as Circus today. This isn't to say that I've completely ruled him out as scum, because I'm concerned, but I haven't been able to pin it down. That's why I've pussyfooted around this read for so ****ing long.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
Raz is probably the likely person who I'm gunning for next regardless of your alignment. I've already stated my qualms with his play this phase in #1517

and you know what lawndry i wanted pjb but i just dont want to deal with having to fight for that and sometimes i know how you feel (actually i know how you feel 99% of the time) and your self-vote im not even mad about because swftown is so bullheaded and basically run each otherover for no specifics reasons that surmount to nothing and this dayphase was wearing on my conscience

think it's time to retire to the cave after this game maybe real talk
join me on circus. if he flips scum, we gun for pjb tomorrow. i can promise you on that.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
Currently I'm evaluating the individual potential of Circus + PJB and Circus + Soup and trying to determine if Soup/Circus/PJB is a plausible scumteam. I've had RTL as a town lean for awhile now, we'll see how they respond to your case.
let's throw you on the ****list as well

marshy you may have had something

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
circus responded to me and i don't even give a **** because all it is is "i'm blatantly being misrepresented" and nothing else, he's still not reading people pls die circus

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
Welp if Circus is down for it I don't see any reason this can't work.

Worst case on RTL scum is RTL dies and was actually a bomb and kills a town circus who would have had to be someone for the lynch to work anyways.

Worst case on town RTL is double town explosion which would suck but we wouldn't throw the game from it by my math: 8 slots left alive assuming a nightkill means we'd be at mylo. Not great, but manageable.

Vote: Rake the Laundry
marshy put his head on a stake

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm not being defeatist, there is just literally nothing I can do here. I tried to get speed for PJB but that fell over and now we're on you and going with the idea of taking both of you out, which I'm not opposed to just for the sake of this thread going somehwere and D3 not being the same exact **** today

again

**** mafia in general dude im gonna go take a nap

#HBC | ѕoup

man but i dont wanna just lynch a town and play off a ****ing role and damnit laundry

unvote just because i wanna think ill go back to tryhard mode after i nap i need one

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
Man, same drums I've been beating. Raz still looks bad on a WashRake scum flip, particularly considering his previously stated willingness to hammer that slot like he knows he'd be fine. I know that sounds weird coming from me, but he's just not in the position I'm in so it reads more like distancing. Yolo's last minute defense of WashRake is screwy (call me paranoid, whatever, it's how I feel). Outside of that, there are some nulls to sift through. Not gonna define my nulls and towns because I'm not telling scum who to shoot next.

On a town flip, I really wouldn't know. Hopefully you guys would be able to knock something out through a combination of Night actions and PoE. Don't plan for it though.
why does it take you joining me on the ****ing noose for you to actually put out reads

#HBC | ѕoup

I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO FLIP SCUM BUT YOU KNOW I GET THAT LITERAL FEELING WHERE I THINK TOWN COULD BE JSUT ****ING EATING THEMSELVES ALIVE AGAIN

YEAH I THINK YOUR COMMITMENT ON PJB SUCKS BUT YOU KNOW now you're telling me you'll be my buddy and lynch him tommorow and that self-vote like ****ing damn both of you scuk this whole game sucks

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
to summarize: raz is raz, his reasons are at least thought out and i don't feel i'm trying to deflect or deal with the fact that people hate what i other head did for once. gorf and soup only look worse if both of us are town (spoilers: the best this goes is a 50/50 trade). jdietz's vote is the most opportunistic of them.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO FLIP SCUM BUT YOU KNOW I GET THAT LITERAL FEELING WHERE I THINK TOWN COULD BE JSUT ****ING EATING THEMSELVES ALIVE AGAIN

YEAH I THINK YOUR COMMITMENT ON PJB SUCKS BUT YOU KNOW now you're telling me you'll be my buddy and lynch him tommorow and that self-vote like ****ing damn both of you scuk this whole game sucks
welcome to the ****ing club

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
>I don't wanna play this game anymore
>Wall
Did you try and read them or?

Also not feeling this as much anymore as last night. I'm really off put how both slots are A-ok with killing each other thinking the other will flip scum so easily and then looking back on the wagon, only person I am A-OK with is Gorf.

Marshy on the other hand, is firmly against this and thinks it is gross.

This is wonky, I need to reread.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I did read it. I still think he's scummy and I still think that this course of action is town's best bet.

What has you off put about this at all? Circus (kinda) claimed, RTL basically confirmed that he's not claiming anything aside from bomb, and unless you think this is going to end in two townies dying, we will have two VERY beneficial flips to observe and analyze. First off if Laundry is town Circus is, like, without a doubt scum and WILL EXPLODE UPON LYNCH. If Laundry is scum, I'd have to reconsider and read back to determine whether or not that's a legit bus, but IT'LL STILL MEAN WE HAVE A SCUM FLIP TO LOOK AT. Who cares if they're both willing to bow out? Both you and Soup are WIFOMing yourselves into corners here.

Top Bottom