• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why are you warning me anyways? If I'm being reckless and voting without being current and aware of the votecount, then it's either fishy (scum) or dumb (town). The warning approach you take here means you're reading me more as dumb town, or else you'd ve taken a more offensive route. But then, it means you either know I'm town (and we all know what that implies...), because it'd be incredibly weird that you have a town read on me given that basically I started my posts' streak attacking you and haven't dropped since then.
I'm warning you for no reason other than to warn you, as I have already seen you voting without being caught up. If you are town, I don't want you accidentally hammering someone by voting when you're not caught up. You're over thinking it my friend.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
(yeah we do have a double voter in the mix to make accidental hammers more complex than normal as well)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@ Circus Circus

wuddya think of gorfs theory regarding my dvote being used for an endgame sneak attack? is rajam as my triplevoter a good idea?
I think that if you're alive toMorrow we're going to make you prove you have no vote. I think that if you're scum you absolutely would be ballsy with the dvote, not sneaky, since you apparently can't hide it. Though I have issues with WashRake, he's right to remain skeptical about your choice to announce your ability right off the bat. It doesn't actually mean **** about your alignment.

If Rajam shadows your vote, I might replace out of this game.

Now instead of talking about your role, were you planning on actually using your extra vote in a productive way? I see you doing a whole lot of nothing (granted, I'm still reading. Doing this and watching Community and ****).

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
aaaaaand done

So if there's scum in Kanty/Private, I'm saying it's Kantrip. Kanty's initial push is reachy (by his own admission), which nullifies his later assertion that Private got overly defensive with him (if you are reaching for reasons to suspect someone, it is natural for that someone to huff and puff a little). The initial push is proven to be untenable, so Kanty drops it, but stays on Private by saying his reaction now acts as a case against him, which sounds like a lazy excuse to lay on a read. Afterall, just rescinding the read completely after all that would mean Kantrip would have to find something else to pursue, and that's hard.

Further, the self-assertion that Kantrip is trying to be more polite just doesn't sit well with me. Like, okay, you're making an active effort to be more likable; how exactly is that supposed to make me feel better about you?

Tangentially, strong town read on Jdietz and slight scum read on Badwolf. Jdietz's reads in his catchup mirror a lot of what I was thinking as I was reading through, particularly when it comes to Badwolf being eager to pile on the new hot wagon. I was actually liking Badwolf before because I thought he was right to question WashRake's early claim (though he spent a little too much time barking at that tree), but seeing him immediately dip into the new flavor of the week makes me doubt his conviction. Makes it look more like he's just commenting on whatever currently looks exploitable. BUT, no way he and Kantrip are buddies.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
oh man grammar in that post got stupid please judge me on my looks not on my brain

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
good input thanks

you got a stance on kanty/pj yet?

actually i'd be interested if you wanted to talk to me about yolo or washrake too

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Mkay. @ Circus Circus you say "if there's scum between Kanty/Private," but do you think Kantrip comes off as scummy for the exchange, or just that he's doing worse between the two? Seems like you're pushing toward the former but you kinda left it up in the air.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@Ruy what do you think about badwolf? Pull posts of his that make you think whichever certain way, and then you could post pics that give your opinion n whatnot.

That's actually something I wanna ask laundry too.

HEY RTL THAT ONE POST THAT I JUST POSTED.... yeah can you look at that?

:applejack:
CAN YOU PLEASE RESPOND TO ME @Rake the Lawndry
**** this, can people even see me? Am I dead? Why isn't anyone paying me mind?

Doesn't excuse you. Hydra is one entity. If you don't know, ask Rake.

I have a problem with your heads being at odds trying to argue two different things with the same people. I don't know where Rake was coming from with the Kant case, nor do I really agree with it. I don't like that you don't care to try a more elegant way of transitioning between the phases of the game and I don't like the fact that Rake thought that was a legit case.

Cause you're gorf.

Can you spell out why you dislike this? I'm fairly dense.

By being offensive....

I'm not going to vote just yet, but I do agree with you.... I'm going to follow suit of a couple of people and hit the sack. Seeing Frozen tomorrow (finally).

To be frank, I don't agree with it cause it's a ****ty case and you holding any semblance of anything otherwise is just sad. I can get why you use it to get out of RVS but there are better ways than drawing the attention to yourself and Kant. It's not so much WHO it's HOW.

I don't believe there's scum intent but I know that there's nothing good. Anti-town atm if nothing more.

1. Yeah he's going to joke away your vote, it's RVS for god's sake.
2. I don't like going on reads based upon meta, people change so should your reads.
3. I'll be town doesn't strike me as overwhelmingly bad.... If he uses it later saying "I'm totes town cause this" THEN I'd have a problem with it but right now it's null if anything.
4. Why confront you 2 pages in?

@Bolded: Why should I care about what you read it as? If you're not saying your read in this then I'm confused as to what is that or why you're telling me how to read people.

@Italics: I'm not saying that I liked the idea rather the thought behind it. He's not posting things to be buddy with people, rather get his idea out there.

@Underlined: IMO it's a fear tactic, he's a strong PR in this game and we shouldn't piss him off. It's opportunistic because we're just coming out of the gate and he hits us with something like this, not very towny imo. Unnecessary because he could have said "Hey guys I'm a doublevoter", and if anyone disbelieves him THEN vote and prove it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh that's what I get for glazing over what you said and stopping when I had a question, haha.

I actually agree that Badwolf cozying up to me this game is off-putting.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Mkay. @ Circus Circus you say "if there's scum between Kanty/Private," but do you think Kantrip comes off as scummy for the exchange, or just that he's doing worse between the two? Seems like you're pushing toward the former but you kinda left it up in the air.
How about answering me first? I asked you for a stance on them, not for you to ask me to clarify the stance I just made about them.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Live: Gorf, Raz, Dietz, Nich, YOLO, Me

No clue: Ruy, Xatres, RTL, Circus

Meh: Badwolf, Rajam

Die: Joker

#HBC | Gorf

good input thanks

you got a stance on kanty/pj yet?

actually i'd be interested if you wanted to talk to me about yolo or washrake too
Yes my vote is on joker thanks for skimming that part.

I'd love to talk to you about yolo AND washrake! How are you taking yolo's lack of actual content, even for yolo standards, with this game having been up for 24 hours? Oh and what's your read on the washrake slot?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
My thoughts are yolo and washrake can both get ****ed outta here. Remember that thing I said about a vig a few minutes ago? I get the impression that you agree with me on at least half of this based on the way you brought up yolo.

#HBC | Gorf

Why do you guys have hate for badwolf? Take into consideration his meta. He's usually very much a non factor, and here his play doesn't look like "cozying up," it actually looks like he's got his eye on hunting scum. Albeit he's not very good at it, but his play just doesn't look scummy at all. All that bullshiz about him cozying up is easily debunked when you consider the fact that, hey, when one has opinions, one generally tends to act nicer toward the side they agree with.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why do you guys have hate for badwolf? Take into consideration his meta. He's usually very much a non factor, and here his play doesn't look like "cozying up," it actually looks like he's got his eye on hunting scum. Albeit he's not very good at it, but his play just doesn't look scummy at all. All that bullshiz about him cozying up is easily debunked when you consider the fact that, hey, when one has opinions, one generally tends to act nicer toward the side they agree with.
I'm willing to take your word for it, you're good at reading that kind of slot.

#HBC | Gorf

My thoughts are yolo and washrake can both get ****ed outta here. Remember that thing I said about a vig a few minutes ago? I get the impression that you agree with me on at least half of this based on the way you brought up yolo.
Well I'd rather a slot like Rajam take the bullet than yolo since rajam will NEVER catch up and yolo actually can catch up. I'd rather an investigate on em personally. I don't remember where it was but you had mentioned previously in life that you can never find yourself properly reading marshy. While I agree that it's a pain, take luigi's mansion. In that game he was constantly spewing content (at least to me) even in pregame. There was always an opinion to be had, and even in thread that opinion at least existed. I have no idea where yolo's head is at, and that shiz doesn't fly with me.

YOU HEAR ME @YOLOSWAG I'M CALLING YOU OUT BETTA GET ON DAT CONTENT FLOW

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well I'd rather a slot like Rajam take the bullet than yolo since rajam will NEVER catch up and yolo actually can catch up. I'd rather an investigate on em personally. I don't remember where it was but you had mentioned previously in life that you can never find yourself properly reading marshy. While I agree that it's a pain, take luigi's mansion. In that game he was constantly spewing content (at least to me) even in pregame. There was always an opinion to be had, and even in thread that opinion at least existed. I have no idea where yolo's head is at, and that shiz doesn't fly with me.

Luigi's was a special case because he wanted to draw NK's.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
it's not that he's picking sides (that's great, actually). It's that he hops immediately into whatever the current discussion is and parrots whichever side seems more reputable in the moment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
it's not that he's picking sides (that's great, actually). It's that he hops immediately into whatever the current discussion is and parrots whichever side seems more reputable in the moment.
Which could also be the side he agrees with? Isn't this equally possible?
On what do you base Gorf's ability to read "that kind of slot?" What kind of slot?
Umm... for lack of a better word, non-power players? Less experienced players? Crapshoots? Ryker traps?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh and for the first half of your question, I've seen it in all of Gorf's games he's playing since coming back, his ability to read intent as dumb over scum in newbies or less experienced players is really good.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

See, I would totally agree on investigate over vig for yolo too, if it weren't for the fact that he's still a total liability to us even as town. Both heads have been in the game too long, they're gettin' old. Like post-post-retirement Jay Z.

#HBC | Gorf

No he doesn't. He tries to come to conclusions of what's going on based on what's going on around him. He even tried to pressure Rake the Laundry which they (understandably) debunked, but that's not his fault. Hell, how can you say he sides with whichever side seems more reputable when, last night, he was basically the only one who was constantly here and constantly giving opinions? I think you're thinking way too much about em.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Which could also be the side he agrees with? Isn't this equally possible?
Yes? But why give him leeway on the way he goes about doing it? He was harping on WashRake's claim for pages and then dropped it completely when you v. Private started to become a thing.

Like, you were just saying how you found Badwolf's play there off-putting. Minds change, but why is my stance suddenly so difficult for you to see now?

#HBC | Gorf

See, I would totally agree on investigate over vig for yolo too, if it weren't for the fact that he's still a total liability to us even as town. Both heads have been in the game too long, they're gettin' old. Like post-post-retirement Jay Z.
I guess the only thing I can say is I disagree? Having played as marshy's neighbor I can say that he's REALLY good at picking things out that are actually scummy that I may have missed in my first read through, and that he's obviously good enough for scum teams to wanna kill. So much so that he has to force an anti town play just to stay alive long enough.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yes? But why give him leeway on the way he goes about doing it? He was harping on WashRake's claim for pages and then dropped it completely when you v. Private started to become a thing.

Like, you were just saying how you found Badwolf's play there off-putting. Minds change, but why is my stance suddenly so difficult for you to see now?
Oh it's not and I still don't like him siding with me but as I said I'm willing to take Gorf's word right now while it's not a big deal.

Top Bottom