• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megabus. A better way to travel.

Dojo

Smash Champion
So for those of you who haven't seen or heard yet, we have a new extremely cheap way of traveling across Texas now.

us.megabus.com

On May 31st, Megabus announced they would be opening their services to a number of cities across Texas and other southern states.

Megabus is an extremely cheap way to travel across all of our major cities and a few select smaller cities for prices as cheap as $1!!!! First trips across Texas will begin June 19th, and will continue from that point on.

Megabus will travel across:
-Austin
-Dallas
-Del Rio
-Eagle Pass
-Galveston
-Houston
-San Angelo
-San Antonio
-Uvalde

After a bit of research, I've found a large number of tickets for only $1, and many more that range from $10-20 roundtrip. This is an amazing service to Texas and the smash scene that needs to be taken advantage of. This makes traveling extraordinarily easier and cheaper for those strapped for cash or can't form a carpool.

This could be a huge start to reviving our scene and getting others to travel again. It is just the first step, but a HUGE step in a good direction.

Discuss.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I was actually looking at this a few days ago. I saw a bunch of tickets from SA to Houston for only $1. Pretty awesome. :)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I only remember the Megabus being talked about in the WHOBO 4 thread, but was unsure how it worked nor wanted to ask about it.
Though at least now I have a slightly better understanding to what this megabus thing is!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah any of the major cities seem to be able to travel to each other extremely cheap.

I even found some from my city going to Dallas for relatively cheap. The key is to buy them a couple of weeks in advance. Their tickets do start raising the closer to the date it gets. Similar to plane tickets. Just not retardedly expensive.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wow this is really cool. I could use this to get around for magic trips too. The catch is where it drops you off. I guess you gotta have someone come get you or use public transport. The prices being less than $2 scares me. Why so cheap!

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'm already making a pretty nice article covering megabus for AiB, I just have to wait for an available day to be open for me to post my story. Megabus is so amazing for our community, I'm so glad it keeps expanding.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, this is where it's at.
Too bad it doesn't drop by over in Katy ; (

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
the 1$ though are mostly happening for the opening. they will most likely be more expensive EVENif you buy em in advance, but not by too much. Still. Good thing to see people spreading this out.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Good to know there is an alternative way for transportation!
I know RGV may not have a direct way to use the megabus, but maybe if they can get a carpool to a stop in a nearby area then take the megabus?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was checking this out several days ago on the website.
Stellar is the first word that comes to mind. :applejack:

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
This is really awesome. I see a lot more inter city travel happening with such low costs. I'm interested in how much fares will be once the promotional $1 is over.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Well I did some research and it seems if you buy them far enough in advance you'll still likely get them for $1.

Prices go up for last minute trips and people will still buy them and it tends to average out.

Top Bottom