• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mega Man Social Thread - Get Equipped with MM11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

-Welcome!-

This is the thread to talk about anything Mega Man related for us Mega Man mains!

Feel free to vistit anytime!

Quick overview of Mega Man in Smash Ultimate:

Have fun everyone! and please remember to enjoy your stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Fighting to save the world, and supporting the Blue Bomber's return.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Rock has to return.
They pretty much nailed Mega the first time around.

Now if they were to change him to look like the sleek MM11 design Wouldn't mind.
But Im totally ok in keeping the version we got in Sm4sh,

Only want 2 thing to happen.
Leaf shield replaced with something else, Probably a new power from Mega Man 11,
and a Proto Man Alt Costume.

D

Deleted member

and a Proto Man Alt Costume.
Nah, an alt wouldn't do Proto Man justice. He lends himself more as a semi-clone than anything. For example, the Mega Upper that Rock uses in Smash originated from the arcade game Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, and while Proto Man is playable in that game as well, he uses a Yoga Flame-like move instead.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Nah, an alt wouldn't do Proto Man justice. He lends himself more as a semi-clone than anything. For example, the Mega Upper that Rock uses in Smash originated from the arcade game Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, and while Proto Man is playable in that game as well, he uses a Yoga Flame-like move instead.
Oh don't get me wrong. I'd actually die of a excitement induced heart attack if Proto got the clone treatment.
you can do alot with his shield and how he's portrayed in the games he is playable.

I'm under an assumption that they won't give Mega Man a 2nd rep as Capcom already has 2. So the Next best thing is a Proto Man Alt for Rock. But I'd love to be wrong here.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Mega Man better come back, especially with those new games coming out I doont see why he'd be cut, but ikm still nervous anyway.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Having Megaman in SmashBros4 was the best day my life and i hope he returns in SmashBros5 since we are having Megaman 11

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
He should definitely return, and with Capcom playing friendly with Nintendo at the moment I don't see a reason why he wouldn't (same reasoning goes for Ryu).

That said I wonder if custom moves are coming back, and if not, which of his moves they'll bring him back with. He had some pretty different customisation options and if custom moves don't come back then I'd love to see another Megaman (read: X) pick up some moves.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I do hope so. He is quite an innovating character, and is not this his 30th year? I'm sure he will settle.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
samsh bros 4 was the first game to have :4mario::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman: in one game all 4 are the most iconic video characters in history

i really find it hard to believe they will throw out that quartet

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
There's not many claims on why he shouldn't be included which means he's likely, Mega Man is getting Switch representation. Though Mega Man can use different weapons for his attacks in the next game not just being from Mega Man 2. His moveset would be limited if you did that. Or give him his Mega Man 11 design since the Devs find it redundant to go with another 8-bit Mega Man game. Unless it goes against Sakurai's vision of the character.

Please Add me to the support list

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just gotta rep my main! He's the Blue Bomber! So if you can, add me to the list.

In terms of what I'd want from a gameplay perspective, he's still pretty good, but I think some of his moves could be a little faster, since he's solidly a mid-tier fighter in Smash 4, as far I can recall now. Namely his Slide, Charge Shot and Flame Sword could be, aside from that, I think his moveset is pretty good all around. And even the moves that I feel could be better still work fine.

Although, given how many weapons he has at his disposal, I don't know if they might make changes to Mega Man's default moveset.

Here's to hoping he makes it back! :4megaman:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sometimes, I play as Megaman just to ^B and see my buddy Rush.
I love Rush.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do wonder if they'll take Mega Man's design from Mega Man 11 into consideration? I feel like they might not, but the hand drawn art does look pretty good for him, and fits Smash well enough.

Hope they branch out a little more when it comes to Mega Man music, at least a few more MM4-7 music at least.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
To this day, June 11th, 2013 remains as one of the best days of my life. Seeing my favorite video game character of all time join one of the biggest video game crossover franchises was the dream of dreams for me so you'd be crazy to think that I wouldn't want the blue bomber to make a return.

That being said, I hoping that they give us a better variety of colors/alts, music from Mega Man 7-10 (especially Mega Man 9), and a more fleshed out moveset for the upcoming Smash for Switch because even though he is extremely fun to play as, he has a lot of flawed moves whether the case may be too much end lag, bad hitboxes, or even some moves that can potentially do a lot more harm than good to you.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if he were to get a few new moves. A lot of returning characters received some new changes to their moveset and Mega Man has 100+ abilities as source material to work with.

While I won't say that he's a quote on quote "shoo-in", I'm optimistic that he'll be back, and he'll be back better than ever.

Fingers X!

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
TBH I'm kinda hoping he doesn't get a bunch of new moves but instead we get X in top do that instead.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Rather than a bunch of new moves, I think his current toolset is fine as is, so long as some moves are tweaked a bit.

Unless each character gets new moves in their current movepool, then add some for our guy Mega Man too.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I hope that in next time when his Final Smash appears, include Megaman Xover and Megaman Model X in it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That'd be cool, though it'd take up more of the screen space. And not a ton of people are fond of Over-1, due to the time he came out, when the rest of the series was on hiatus. I like his design though.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know, after seeing the the new Mega Man 11 trailer, do you guys think they should add his new Double Gear system to Smash Bros? It would be a great comeback mechanic for Mega Man if he returns.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, after seeing the the new Mega Man 11 trailer, do you guys think they should add his new Double Gear system to Smash Bros? It would be a great comeback mechanic for Mega Man if he returns.
It'd be cool if some of his moves came from Mega Man 11. Like that new electric attack seems like it'd fit into his moveset. Can't wait to see the other moves too.

I also wouldn't mind if they took ques from his Mega Man 11 design and put it into Smash 5, namely the darker blue on the gloves. Aside from that, the other changes would be fairly restrained.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So far, I've seen two changes in Mega Man from the footage.

First is that down smash seems a bit faster, so less completely crappy.

The second is a more notable change: Leaf Shield comes out faster, rotates faster thus hitting more frequently and leaves don't disappear - it keeps all the leaves the whole time.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Oh yeah, that too. But that's just aesthetic.

Also deconfirms Protoman and Bass, but you know, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

Nice, out of all the themes they could have used for his trailer, they use Wood Man's theme...

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
So far, I've seen two changes in Mega Man from the footage.

First is that down smash seems a bit faster, so less completely crappy.

The second is a more notable change: Leaf Shield comes out faster, rotates faster thus hitting more frequently and leaves don't disappear - it keeps all the leaves the whole time.
I noticed that as well. I’m happy to see my favorite salad move buffed. Yes, “salad,” my friends dubbed that when I started killing them with salad footstools. Good times. :D

So psyched!

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that as well. I’m happy to see my favorite salad move buffed. Yes, “salad,” my friends dubbed that when I started killing them with salad footstools. Good times. :D

So psyched!

Anyone know what this weapon is this? It was on Mega Man's page on the website.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
That's Crash Bomber.

The front of it just looks like that.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I just want to point out how lazy the Protoman/Bass addition to the ultimate is. It's the same with Fiora in Shulk's. All the previous animation and camera work leading up to the big blast does't show them. All the other mega-men have their flash across the screen and then Protoman and Bass are just there in the background of the laser shot lol. They're REEEEALLLY reusing a lot of assets for this lmao.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I just want to point out how lazy the Protoman/Bass addition to the ultimate is. It's the same with Fiora in Shulk's. All the previous animation and camera work leading up to the big blast does't show them. All the other mega-men have their flash across the screen and then Protoman and Bass are just there in the background of the laser shot lol. They're REEEEALLLY reusing a lot of assets for this lmao.
Because the main intention of the final smash is to showcase all of the different of versions of Megaman himself. Protoman and Bass are just nice little bonuses.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
I agree to a point, While it would of been nice to have Vent/Aile as Model ZX and Zero (MMZ style) to round out every Mega Man Series, They already had the Protoman and Bass models as trophies. The part where I tend to stray away from the lazy argument is the sheer amount of content that we already know about, something like 84 stages, every character, 2.5 new characters

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Honestly, there's so much good Mega Man music (although I would still probably say that MM2 and MM3 have the best soundtracks of the classics) that they could have good music from most any era. It seems they mostly want to stick to the main series though (so Storm Eagle is pretty unlikely for example). I would say that Mega Man 8 has the weakest soundtrack by far and unless the soundtrack is massive I don't really care about hearing anything from it.

To throw out a more unusual suggestion, maybe they should have a track based on the Mega Man Game Boy games.

I always thought this one was very catchy:

Which forms the basis for Heart of Enker in MM10:

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
If I had to choose, I'd like at the very least a Retro? Medley for MM9/10, featuring Galaxy Man, Plug Man, We're the Robots, and Solar Man.

If they would take a song from the Game Boy games, I would wholeheartedly take a remix of this.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Has anyone found any footage of someone playing Mega Man 1-on-1? There were a couple multiplayer matches, but those are not so helpful to watch.

It seemed like almost nobody played him at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom