• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mega Man Social Thread - Get Equipped with MM11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It wouldn't surprise me if they bring gears back in the future as a shop item.

Acid Barrier looks fantastic. The weapon selection here might give 9 a run for its money. Any theories on boss order yet?
Logically, Blast should beat Brick, Torch should beat Tundra or Blast, I'm betting Acid can beat Impact, Brick or Rubber should beat Fuse. But sometimes weaknesses work a little different than normal. Like Burner Man being weak to Cold Man.

D

Deleted member

So Mega Man 11 releases tomorrow (just in time for my birthday).

Let's hope this turns out to be a pleasant experience. I have heard this game is really short, and people say that this is unneceptable once you compare it to other indie games like Shovel Knight and Hollow Knight. But after playing Mega Man X8, i realized that i would rather have a short and sweet game than one that drags the **** out (i like X8, probably my 4th favorite of the X sub-series but........**** man the metal chip system really ruins the pace of the game)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, Mega Man games are generally pretty short, if you know what you're doing, that's always how it's been. Not to say that can't be changed, but after not having a Mega Man for 8 years, I think it makes sense to have some stuff still kept to how it usually is. I wouldn't mind them experimenting more as times goes on though. I'm just glad the game isn't another 8-Bit throwback visually, shows they are open to change.

Besides, there's challenge modes for you to play and different difficulties to try too.

The reception to the game is pretty positive, not GOAT status like MM9 got, but it's considered a damn good Mega Man game. And I'm still looking forward to it, even if I'm probably gonna get it during the Holidays and not at launch.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Updated the thread title. I sadly have to wait to pick up a copy when Gamestop opens.

No spoilers please! :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We've already seen it, but Blast Man's weapon would make for a nice color swap for Mega Man in Smash. It doesn't have to have the extra stuff on it, just the Red/Blue color scheme.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Can't wait to play through this game obsessively for the rest of the week. Just gotta wait for it to unlock on Steam since I went for that version.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just beat it for the first time. Figuring out the boss order was a little tough. Aside from minor nitpicks from the demo, I think my only real complaint is that it feels like the game is balanced around the gear system rather than buster only. I'll have to go back and play again of course.

It's not a return to form, nor do I think it was meant to be. It is, however, a fairly solid foundation for the series going forward. Hopefully X9 is up next.

No Proto Man for the first time since his debut...No Bass either...
Couldn't unlock all shop items, though two unlock once you open a cleared save file. Be sure to save as many bolts as you can!
Final Two Wily Stages felt too short. There should have been a Wily 3 stage IMO.
If someone can beat Torch or Wily 2 without Speed gear please upload a replay. Also Yellow Devil with no Power.
Solid weapon selection, but it doesn't beat MM9 IMO. Chain Blast I only found use with Power Gear.
E-Tanks & 1ups don't re-spawn once collected, even after a game over. Though other items do re-spawn upon death.

Last edited:

EvangelyneHuntress

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm new to the Smash Bros Series and I'm trying to find out who I can Main in Ultimate. I do plan on entering tournaments later on and after doing research (a lot of research) I finally nailed it down to the final 3 characters (Mega Man, Fox, Ice Climbers). My bf recommended me Mega Man since I'm more of "Ranger Fighter," but I don't think that's enough of a reason to main him. I would like to hear opinions from players who mains him and what their take on him.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Just beat it for the first time. Figuring out the boss order was a little tough. Aside from minor nitpicks from the demo, I think my only real complaint is that it feels like the game is balanced around the gear system rather than buster only. I'll have to go back and play again of course.

It's not a return to form, nor do I think it was meant to be. It is, however, a fairly solid foundation for the series going forward. Hopefully X9 is up next.

No Proto Man for the first time since his debut...No Bass either...
Couldn't unlock all shop items, though two unlock once you open a cleared save file. Be sure to save as many bolts as you can!
Final Two Wily Stages felt too short. There should have been a Wily 3 stage IMO.
If someone can beat Torch or Wily 2 without Speed gear please upload a replay. Also Yellow Devil with no Power.
Solid weapon selection, but it doesn't beat MM9 IMO. Chain Blast I only found use with Power Gear.
E-Tanks & 1ups don't re-spawn once collected, even after a game over. Though other items do re-spawn upon death.
You're not worried that they may have written themselves in a corner with X? It's not like the infinitely reusable Wily in classic, they definitely cannot use Sigma as the villain anymore.

Hello, I'm new to the Smash Bros Series and I'm trying to find out who I can Main in Ultimate. I do plan on entering tournaments later on and after doing research (a lot of research) I finally nailed it down to the final 3 characters (Mega Man, Fox, Ice Climbers). My bf recommended me Mega Man since I'm more of "Ranger Fighter," but I don't think that's enough of a reason to main him. I would like to hear opinions from players who mains him and what their take on him.
Patience, really. That's the key to not overextending just because you're not getting those opportunities for combos as often as more aggressive characters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You're not worried that they may have written themselves in a corner with X? It's not like the infinitely reusable Wily in classic, they definitely cannot use Sigma as the villain anymore.
Sigma might be dead anyway after X8. Either way Capcom has written themselves out of worse corners before with the series and everything after X2 has been garbage, so I'm not worried in terms of narrative. X8 ended on a cliffhanger and there is still potential in making a game about the Elf Wars from the Zero series. Gameplay is my biggest concern.

It's difficult to state too much right now as the game has yet to come out and that the focus seems to be rewarding aggressive play. Be sure to check out the 3DS/Wii U Character boards for current thoughts on match ups and strategies. https://smashboards.com/forums/mega-man.391/

Welcome to Smashboards. :)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Started MM11 today, kicking things off with Acid Man. Somehow I got through the final spike-block stretch unscathed on my first try. Power Gear buster is a good answer to shield enemies until you get some weapons, and I loved using Speed to get past what would have normally required split-second timing jumps. It's nice to feel rewarded for ingenuity.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I never doubted for a second that Mega Man 11 would be good (there hasn’t been a bad classic MM yet) and I wasn’t surprised at all to learn that it was a great, if exceedingly short game. I know that the 8-bit Mega Man games we’re pretty puny, but I must say that I was expecting a lot more game for $30. Hopefully we get some Proto Man or Bass DLC down the line.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Hopefully that DLC doesn't all require more money. It didn't on MM9 and MM10, but the base price wasn't as high either...

I think the Robot Master levels were slightly longer than usual, but overall the game was not as long as some of the NES games (most notably, Mega Man 3).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think if there was a proper Wily 3 stage with another new boss, there would't be much to nitpick about. That said, from what I've seen on Twitter, going for the hour run seems to be harder than it was in 9/10.

If hackers haven't found DLC hints yet it wouldn't surprise me if it would be paid (if it happens). A 3D game takes a bit more work than a sprite edit, especially if each weapon now has it's own model & artwork. For now, all we can hope is that the game sells well enough to continue smaller budget games like this. At the very least it seems Capcom has learned their lesson about on-disc DLC.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm glad MM11 is taking a similar route to something like Strider 2014. Another smaller budget game with 2.5D gameplay and all that.

By the way, Strider 2014 is a great game, so if any of you are looking for something else to play, try that out on PSN/XBOX.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I think if there was a proper Wily 3 stage with another new boss, there would't be much to nitpick about. That said, from what I've seen on Twitter, going for the hour run seems to be harder than it was in 9/10.

If hackers haven't found DLC hints yet it wouldn't surprise me if it would be paid (if it happens). A 3D game takes a bit more work than a sprite edit, especially if each weapon now has it's own model & artwork. For now, all we can hope is that the game sells well enough to continue smaller budget games like this. At the very least it seems Capcom has learned their lesson about on-disc DLC.
I managed a 58 min run last night, lots of Pile Driver and W Tank abuse. Those stages are super long compared to past MM games.

Also. from what I've heard and seen, there are spaces for extra playable character slots in the files of the game thanks to PC datamining.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yeah, I'm glad MM11 is taking a similar route to something like Strider 2014. Another smaller budget game with 2.5D gameplay and all that.

By the way, Strider 2014 is a great game, so if any of you are looking for something else to play, try that out on PSN/XBOX.
Oh yeah, Strider, another franchise that’s been left to die. God, a new Strider game would be so good, even though it probably wouldn’t sell very well.

Hiryu for Smash, anyone?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh yeah, Strider, another franchise that’s been left to die. God, a new Strider game would be so good, even though it probably wouldn’t sell very well.

Hiryu for Smash, anyone?
There's a game that came out 4 years ago. For a franchise like Strider, that's not too bad. Look it up if you want.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
There's a game that came out 4 years ago. For a franchise like Strider, that's not too bad. Look it up if you want.
I’ve played Strider 2014. It was great, which is why it baffles me that Strider has been ignored for so long.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’ve played Strider 2014. It was great, which is why it baffles me that Strider has been ignored for so long.
I thought it had to do with his rights issues. He was a joint manga/game project. I'm still not sure if Capcom needs to get the rights of his creator to add him in stuff or make games about him anymore or not.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I managed a 58 min run last night, lots of Pile Driver and W Tank abuse. Those stages are super long compared to past MM games.

Also. from what I've heard and seen, there are spaces for extra playable character slots in the files of the game thanks to PC datamining.
Do you have a source or can you elaborate on the datamine slots? I'm quite curious about that.
If they added Proto Man and/or Bass as player characters down the line, I'd love MM11 even more!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I thought it had to do with his rights issues. He was a joint manga/game project. I'm still not sure if Capcom needs to get the rights of his creator to add him in stuff or make games about him anymore or not.
I wonder that, too. They don’t seem to have any issues getting Hiryu into crossover games, so it should be equally as easy to make a game starring him, shouldn’t it?

EvangelyneHuntress

Smash Rookie
It's difficult to state too much right now as the game has yet to come out and that the focus seems to be rewarding aggressive play. Be sure to check out the 3DS/Wii U Character boards for current thoughts on match ups and strategies. https://smashboards.com/forums/mega-man.391/

Welcome to Smashboards. :)
After doing to some more research I'll most likely be a Mega Man main, but as you said the game isn't out yet and there are still the Inklings, Ridley, and other newcomers to try out before I can decide for sure. Also thanks for welcoming me along with the link. :)

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I like how Smash's gear icon for Mega Man didn't really fit anything in the Mega Man series, but then Capcom is like ,"For MM11, we'll MAKE that icon fit!"

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anyone think about how Tundra Man (and his weapon) is basically Top Man on steroids?

Also we got what looks to be a new remix of Flash Man's stage, unfortunately can't upload it now with Youtube down.

Edit: Here it is:

I wonder if it has another stage theme afterwards?

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Gosh, I wish we got some music from games other than the classic series and that one track from MMX. I'd love to see Zero, ZX, BN and SF get represented in that aspect. At least one track from each.

If I could choose one track from each of those, I'd probably go something like
Zero: Cannon Ball
ZX: Trap Phantasm or Soul Ablaze
BN: Surge of Power! (BN6 boss theme)
SF: Wave Battle (SF2)

What would you guys choose?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Surge of Power from BN6 is definitely a great choice. Running Through the Cyberworld would be another Battle Network song I'd pick too.

For Mega Man X, since we already got Central Highway, the Mega Man X2 intro stage theme would be great. Storm Eagle, Flame Mammoth, Armored Amradillo, Spark Mandrill or Morph Moth would be cool choices for Maverick stage themes.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
In terms of the X series, the major elephant in the room IMO is X vs. Zero. Sure, spoilerific title, but I mean the series didn't make any attempt to hide it (ex. X2, X3's ending). Personal other picks would be stuff like Bubble Crab, Gravity Beetle, Magma Dragoon, etc.

I think the Classic series actually needs more respect though, when you consider that the Smash team has basically only been acknowledging the soundtracks of 1-4. Where's MM6, 7, 9 songs?? I guess I can understand leaving out stuff from the GB games, but... the Classic series on its own has a lot to offer.

As far as Zero goes, Esperanto, Straight Ahead and Cannonball are definitely personal favorites of mine. Easy picks there.

Believe it or not I'm pretty unfamiliar with the music of BN and SF. I should fix that sooner or later.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In terms of the X series, the major elephant in the room IMO is X vs. Zero. Sure, spoilerific title, but I mean the series didn't make any attempt to hide it (ex. X2, X3's ending). Personal other picks would be stuff like Bubble Crab, Gravity Beetle, Magma Dragoon, etc.

I think the Classic series actually needs more respect though, when you consider that the Smash team has basically only been acknowledging the soundtracks of 1-4. Where's MM6, 7, 9 songs?? I guess I can understand leaving out stuff from the GB games, but... the Classic series on its own has a lot to offer.

As far as Zero goes, Esperanto, Straight Ahead and Cannonball are definitely personal favorites of mine. Easy picks there.

Believe it or not I'm pretty unfamiliar with the music of BN and SF. I should fix that sooner or later.
Those two series have really good themes. Even the weaker games like Battle Chip Challenge(a spin-off of a spin-off no less) still have strong tracks.

Starforce is no different. Has probably one of my favorite Ice Stage themes since Blizzard Wolfang.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Those two series have really good themes. Even the weaker games like Battle Chip Challenge(a spin-off of a spin-off no less) still have strong tracks.

Starforce is no different. Has probably one of my favorite Ice Stage themes since Blizzard Wolfang.

Good stuff. Maybe I should get around to playing the games and list down some of my standout favorite tunes as I go along.

D

Deleted member

Hey.

Just to let you know guys, that tomorrow is the last Smash Ultimate Direct before the game releases, i wanna mention that i plan to leave Smashboards after the Direct happens (either by requesting a perma ban or by terminating my account), and therefore if anyone wants to take ownership of this social, please say so. That way the ownership will be transferred to someone else.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Hey.

Just to let you know guys, that tomorrow is the last Smash Ultimate Direct before the game releases, i wanna mention that i plan to leave Smashboards after the Direct happens (either by requesting a perma ban or by terminating my account), and therefore if anyone wants to take ownership of this social, please say so. That way the ownership will be transferred to someone else.
Sad to hear that you're leaving, but I hope regardless that you get what you want in tomorrow's Direct.

That said, I'll do it.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I'm so looking forward for those remixes they showed in the Direct. Guts Man AND We're The Robots? Sign me in.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dr. Wily will also be an assist Trophy along with Zero. And with all the Mega Men and Protoman/Bass helping out with the Final Smash, that's a lot of cool Mega Man **** in the game.

I wonder if Yellow Devil, or Wily will act as bosses in that new Adventure Mode. AT's can be K.O'd and Yellow Devil is already a boss character in his own way. Wily's Assist is based off of the MM7 capsule, AKA one of the harder Wily fights period.

Can't wait to see how Mega Man plays this time around. I hope he still keeps the buffs he had from before.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
So with the confirmation of remixes of We're the Robots (FINALLY some MM9 love!!) and Guts Man, we're at 11 total remixes from the Mega Man series if we count the returning ones from 4. If we're to assume, and we should, that Mega Man gets around the same amount as Castlevania and Street Fighter, we've still got quite a bit left...

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I hope we can fight Galleom as Mega Man. I always felt that boss would fit right in the Mega Man universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom