• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man 9

Roihu

Smash Ace
I wish this game would have a save state option. But I guess it wouldn't be nearly as hard then.
This game is so freaking hard. I got to concrete man after about 3 hours of doing the level over and over again and when I got to him, I died quickly. Though, I don't know how, but now I can pass that level without losing more than just a couple bits of life.
I'm onto Jewel Man's level and I can't get past the Mid boss without dieing or leaving myself wide open for the next couple of rooms to kill me.

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
I just got the game a week ago and I beat the game yesterday.
My order for the Robot Masters were: Galaxy Man, Jewel Man, Plug Man, Tornado Man, Magma Man, Hornet Man, Splash Woman, and Concrete Man.

If im correct, tommorow's the day when we can download DC(Downloadable Content).

XACE-K

Smash Master
This game is hard. I got it last week and the only bosses I beat were Concrete Man, Hornet Man, Jewel Man and Splash Woman.

Is there a certain order for you to beat them? What I mean is that does a weapon you get from one boss does better or worse against a certain boss? I'm a n00b at these type of Megaman games btw.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
This game is hard. I got it last week and the only bosses I beat were Concrete Man, Hornet Man, Jewel Man and Splash Woman.

Is there a certain order for you to beat them? What I mean is that does a weapon you get from one boss does better or worse against a certain boss? I'm a n00b at these type of Megaman games btw.
the weaknesses are:

Galaxy Man - Concrete Shot
Jewel Man - Black Hole Bomb
Plug Man - Jewel Satellite
Tornado Man - Plug Ball
Magma Man - Tornado Blow
Hornet Man - Magma Bazooka
Splash Woman - Hornet Chase
Concrete Man - Laser Trident

XACE-K

Smash Master
the weaknesses are:

Galaxy Man - Concrete Shot
Jewel Man - Black Hole Bomb
Plug Man - Jewel Satellite
Tornado Man - Plug Ball
Magma Man - Tornado Blow
Hornet Man - Magma Bazooka
Splash Woman - Hornet Chase
Concrete Man - Laser Trident
Thanks. I just picked whatever boss I felt like so this might help me beat the game.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Hey guys. MM9 is awesome. I just picked up Protoman today, and he's really fun to play with.

But hey, you know what else I picked up that I bet you didn't? :p

No, I'm not kidding. No, I didn't buy it for $500 dollars on ebay. I got it the legit way. I'm a member of the Capcom forums, and they deemed me worthy of one of the codes that allows me to buy 1 of the 200 press kits manufactured. For $50. Considering I'm a hardcore Megaman fan, this price is NOTHING for one of the most awesome gaming related pieces of merchandise I have ever seen.

I'll post lots of photos once I receive it!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Will the disk actually contain the game? Becuase I think it would be cool to own a hard copy of a next-gen 8-bit game.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I gotta get myself some Wii points to be able to play the new stages.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Oh well, at least the disk does something. Though it wold have been hilarious if the cartridge actually contained the game to play on an NES. :laugh:
Yeah, it would have been awesome. Unfortunately, manufacturing and licensing issues have come up, which is why they can't actually put the game on the cartridge.

Also, I think MM9 is too big for an NES cart anyways :laugh:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Also played the demo recently. It was difficult, but it was difficult in a refreshing way. As in, even as I was losing multiple times to elephants tossing gigantic balls at me (as an aside... um... what??), I could see how my different strategies were playing out and was already planning my next move.

I just can't believe they don't let you fight the boss! That is seriously frustrating!

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
I got this game on my 360. It's hard. I've beaten 3 of the bosses so far after playing for hours. Its still really fun.

Deception

Smash Ace
Some of the records for Endless Attack are insane. Over 3,000 screens? I can barely get 50 screens.

So when does the Special Stage become available for DL?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
THE BACK OF THE BOX:
"Will you penetrate the seven seperate societies of Dr.Wily and preserve the human race?"

Seven? Did the original games alway shave typos like this?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I downloaded all of the DLC today. Endless stage was HARD. I ran out of Jewel Satellite and died at the boss, too. Protoman is awesome, though. Harder, too, due to double knockback and damage.

I really hope Nintendo does something like this on Wii Ware. It doesn't have to have retro graphics, but downloadable level packs for a Mario game or downloadable dungeons for Zelda would be AMAZING.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I downloaded all of the DLC today. Endless stage was HARD. I ran out of Jewel Satellite and died at the boss, too. Protoman is awesome, though. Harder, too, due to double knockback and damage.

I really hope Nintendo does something like this on Wii Ware. It doesn't have to have retro graphics, but downloadable level packs for a Mario game or downloadable dungeons for Zelda would be AMAZING.
Downloadable Content and add ons? On MY Wii Ware?

Has Doctor Willy always had a scouter eye?

Top Bottom