• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man 9

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The screen shots aren't incredibly drool-worthy.
The pure black backgrounds are, really... true to the era.

I'm excited though. :D

tirkaro

Smash Champion
yeah, MM9 is coming to some other consoles, blah blah, HEY LOOK, NEW MM9 TRAILER AWESOME MUSIC ROBOT MASTERS LOOK AWESOME SPLASH WOMAN IS A MERMAID DISAPPEARING BLOCKS 8BIT ROLL DOESN'T LOOK UGLY ANYMORE ONLINE LEADERBOARDS *explodes from orgasmic awesomeness*

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Why would it matter?

Less and less games will ever be exclusive to one console. It costs too much to make a game to do that anymore. These little games are pure profit. Might as well make it universal.

Deception

Smash Ace
I still think most people will be buying the WiiWare version. The Wiimote is basically an NES controller, so it will really feel like an old school Mega Man game. Also, I'm pretty sure the Wii will get it first, seeing as Wiiware updates on Monday, Xbox Live on Wednesday, and PSN on Thursday.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, you argument for the Wii selling more is that people can't wait 2 - 3 more days?

Wow.

Deception

Smash Ace
So, you argument for the Wii selling more is that people can't wait 2 - 3 more days?

Wow.
Nope, that was just added on to my argument. Also, I'm pretty sure most Mega Man fans are also Nintendo fans, seeing as Mega Man has mostly appeared on Nintendo consoles. So I think the Wii version will get more downloads, because most of the fanbase will be Wii owners.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Nevermind that there are also Mega Man games on PS1 and PS2. Seriously, your argument for it selling better is just biased because you obviously have just a Wii. Now, that I have a choice between PS3 and Wii? I'm not getting it. I'm not really up for spending $10 on an 8-Bit game; however, if I had to pick, it'd be on my PS3 because I have around 20 GB left over.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yes, $10 is the set price.

That pretty much means I am not getting it. $5? Cool. But for $10, I can get Super Star Dust HD with trophies on PSN or an N64 game/Wiiware title on Wii. Not really worth it to me for an 8-Bit game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I could just not buy either because they are ridiculously over-priced.

derek.haines

Smash Ace

MegaMan 9's "boxart" solidified my love for Capcom. If there was ever any doubt, there no longer is, nor will there ever be.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I could just not buy either because they are ridiculously over-priced.
Ten dollars really isn't overpriced. This game will definately take a while to beat, and for all speed runners, it will have infinite replay value.

If somebody were to make a new 8-bit game franchise? 10 bucks would be overpriced. For a new 8-bit Megaman? Ten bucks is a bargain.

Also, the boxart is awesome.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
Ten dollars really isn't overpriced. This game will definately take a while to beat, and for all speed runners, it will have infinite replay value.

If somebody were to make a new 8-bit game franchise? 10 bucks would be overpriced. For a new 8-bit Megaman? Ten bucks is a bargain.

Also, the boxart is awesome.
Yeah.agrees.And nice boxart :bigthumbu

Deception

Smash Ace
The old thread is old.

This game is coming out for Wiiware, XLA, and PSN in Japan on the 24th of September, and America is probably soon afterwards. The game promises to be as good or better than Mega Man 2. So far, it seems like the music is better than 2, so this game looks really good if it can beat MM2's soundtrack.

Some of the OST's tracks can be found here.

Boss Art

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I can't wait to download this. I seriously hope this game is as good as Mega Man 2. It already looks that way too. I'm probably going to download the Japanese version if the rumor turns out to be true.

Validbadbadman

Smash Cadet
I wish I could buy this at the store seeing as I don't have online for my 360 and Wii:(

Sigh, it seems the only chance I'll get to play this is if one my friends has downloaded it.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Holy crap tomorrow is the big day. I'm so hyped for this game...it's the only Wii game I'm getting this year besides Brawl.

Yes, I'm buying Protoman. $2 is nothing.

Yes, I'm buying the limited NES cart promo thing. That's too ****ing awesome.

God this game is going to be amazing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Holy crap tomorrow is the big day. I'm so hyped for this game...it's the only Wii game I'm getting this year besides Brawl.

I bid you good luck on trying to get the NES cart since it's going to be released in limited quantities.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman

Good luck with getting what's in bold .

I have woke up very early today/yesterday(Monday)just to download it & play it on my Wii,it is an awesome game.I'm already at the last 4 stages near the end.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I heard that all of the DLC is in the operations guide. Is this true?

If Bass turns out to be DLC, then I'm definatley getting him. Too bad there's been no news on him at all. :(

Also, I noticed that the ending is on youtube. I won't spoil anything, but I will say that it's hilarious and a great homage to the original NES games.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
I heard that all of the DLC is in the operations guide. Is this true?

If Bass turns out to be DLC, then I'm definatley getting him. Too bad there's been no news on him at all. :(

Also, I noticed that the ending is on youtube. I won't spoil anything, but I will say that it's hilarious and a great homage to the original NES games.
Yes it's true!But we may see & fight Bass from downloading the Special Stage DLC,I'm only guessing there.I would get him as soon as he's playable too.The ending was very cool.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Just got MM IX yesterday.

The game is as hard a H-E-double hockey sticks. I can't beat a level.

I know what the problem is! I suck at Megaman games.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I finally got this game today. :)

I'm up to the Willy stages after getting about 10 game overs. The level designs are good but there are a few "cheap" deaths. I also had no idea of boss weaknesses except for Jewel Man so I had to fight the bosses with my mega buster. Still fun though.

My boss order:

Galaxy
Concrete
Magma
Plug
Tornado
Jewel
Splash
Hornet

If there's a Megaman 10, I'd like to see more advanced graphics, though it wouldn't kill me if it stayed 8-bit.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i play megaman 9 last week and i beat 8 new bosses and finally get to wily castle and then up to dr wily the final boss but i died to game over but in megaman 10 i will download that

Top Bottom