• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I think I found the problem with Bomber Man's model.

I'm guessing no one noticed this before so I figured I'd post it, but it looks like he's not missing parts of his model, but rather that those parts are always missing. The half-circles always face the screen no mater what.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I think I found the problem with Bomber Man's model.I'm guessing no one noticed this before so I figured I'd post it, but it looks like he's not missing parts of his model, but rather that those parts are always missing. The half-circles always face the screen no mater what.
That's rather amusing. Oddly, from that pic of him a while back, that functionality appears to carry over into Brawl. I have to wonder what aspect of a model would allow it to do that.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I automatically assumed that by just looking at it, but I didn't know the functionality would have been carried over to Brawl as well. That's weird.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
could a vertex edit possibly fix that?
A vertex edit wouldn't be necessary, because as KuroBit and Zeruel21 said, the antennae and hands always face the screen, no matter what the camera angle -- I took a look at the golden Bomberman's model in-game. It kinda has a behaviour similar to the Lakitu trophy, which is kinda neat (and could potentially be useful if someone wants to attempt a completely 2D character).

Oh, and speaking of 2D... Believe it or not, Wario Land: Shake It/The Shake Dimension uses MDL0, despite being completely 2D. Or so I've heard. I'll have to confirm it for myself, but the BRRES files need to be extracted from the GFAs.

Is it just me, or do I remember there being mention of MDL0 files being in DS games?...
You heard right, but I don't think it's the exact same MDL0 format. I'll go confirm that later.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
May I ask something,
Did anyone found a fix for the Tales of Symphonia character models?
Not yet. I haven't finished fixing up all the bone indexes for Lloyd yet, and I'm not sure if it'll even fix it or not.

Has anyone check super paper mario
Whoops, another game I forgot to add to the first post. If I recall correctly, they use *.DATA files, which probably won't have any known model format.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, I guess it's better finding out whether or not this works for sure. I'm not anxiously waiting on this right now either as I have found things to do (currently helping P:M with sound execution frames; kind of a minor thing). Thanks either way, RTB.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
BigSharkZ is back on the hacking wagon, after a well-taken break from his loss of his work.

The win in that post cannot be conceived by mortal eyes. Are you planning on making him a character, or a boss? The latter would make more sense though, seeing as he's the final boss of the Internet, and an appearance in SSBB is only appropriate.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@thanyou

Fear us! Hehe.

@JediKnightTemplar

Lol, thanks. And he's going to be just a character, but maybe I could put him on Tabuu and replace all animations with that one I have made? That would be funny. I would also replace the Tabuu's theme with a speech of Anonymous against Scientology.

Also, here is another Internet Celebrity. 5 Internets + 2 baked cookies to anyone who knows who this is (Still not done).

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
So... how do I hex edit bone scales? (to get around the weird stretching in BrawlBox) I know somebody already posted how to somewhere in this topic, but I don't feel like searching through hundreds of posts to try to find it. :<

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out
EDIT2: And of course it doesn't affect any of the other animations. ;-;

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
@thanyou

Fear us! Hehe.

@JediKnightTemplar

Lol, thanks. And he's going to be just a character, but maybe I could put him on Tabuu and replace all animations with that one I have made? That would be funny. I would also replace the Tabuu's theme with a speech of Anonymous against Scientology.

Also, here is another Internet Celebrity. 5 Internets + 2 baked cookies to anyone who knows who this is (Still not done).

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/747/nameisnotinlink.png
LOL who doesn't know her... :p

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I can sadly say that Sponge Bob Creature from the Krusty Krab and SpongeBob Truth or Square dont use MDL0's. WHich really sucks since i randomly want Sponge bob in brawl. :( Im gunna check the Dora and Bob the builder games. lol

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Don't bother. I can tell you right now that they won't have MDL0s. How do I know? Take a look at the list in the first post, and you'll see that every game based off on a non-Japanese franchise does NOT have MDL0s. So, it's basically just common sense that brings me to that reasoning.

ds22

Smash Lord
Don't bother. I can tell you right now that they won't have MDL0s. How do I know? Take a look at the list in the first post, and you'll see that a every game based off on a non-Japanese franchise does NOT have MDL0s. So, it's basically just common sense that brings me to that reasoning.
Yup, it's just sad.

Anyway, still no successes with the Lloyd model?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Don't bother. I can tell you right now that they won't have MDL0s. How do I know? Take a look at the list in the first post, and you'll see that a every game based off on a non-Japanese franchise does NOT have MDL0s. So, it's basically just common sense that brings me to that reasoning.
So... No Dora? ****IT.

Top Bottom