• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
just load any animation while viewing him, and then you should be able to move the model on the frames of that animation
Okay, that worked :D
EDIT: BTW, fortwaffles, would it be possible for you to edit your importing programs so it fixes ALL .mdl0 files in a .brres?
'cause that would make fixing some files a lot easier.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Okay, that worked :D
EDIT: BTW, fortwaffles, would it be possible for you to edit your importing programs so it fixes ALL .mdl0 files in a .brres?
'cause that would make fixing some files a lot easier.
i dont have the source anymore, so id have to rewrite it from scratch, but what you can do for now, is make a seperate brres, and export each models, then import them one at a time to the new brres, fix, export back to the original model, and do that for all the models. my program only does the first MDL0 it finds, so... >.< ugh... sorry about that

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I edit the brres so that the MDL0 reads MDL3 instead, and that fools it. It's still quite tedious though. Especially when you need to get 12 models working >.>

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
BTW, 2 things.
1: Got Ammy working in brawlbox

2: The models gotten from Okami have bones that won't move the models. At all. Even in brawlbox.
So, that's a problem. (But the bone STRUCTURE looks fine, that is, the shape of the model.)

Also, the textures are just solid colors on flashing polygons in game >.>
you could box in "bones" in the model preview xD

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Well, it has a black shell surrounding it that I suspect is the outline. I also suspect that it's the thing messing up the model ingame.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
where is amerastu's tail? also nice job at discovering that okami uses MDLO ^^

also every try i try to find out if samurai warriors 3 has MDL0 is keeps crashing my comp -.-

could someone else try to see if samurai warrios 3 uses MDL0?

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if any of the Toy Story Wii games have mdl0 at all?

I know Toy Story Mania is a wii exclusive game. I don't own the game though so I can not check.

I think it'd be awesome to have buzz lightyear in brawl xD

xetan2

Smash Cadet
I accidently posted twice, I'm guessing from when the page said it couldn't load and it asked me to resend the information, so this post is useless, idk how to delete them/if I'm even allowed to.

Sorry about the double post though.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if any of the Toy Story Wii games have mdl0 at all?

I know Toy Story Mania is a wii exclusive game. I don't own the game though so I can not check.

I think it'd be awesome to have buzz lightyear in brawl xD
Just because it's a Wii-exclusive game doesn't always mean it'll have MDL0. But it doesn't hurt to check.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Just because it's a Wii-exclusive game doesn't always mean it'll have MDL0. But it doesn't hurt to check.
I know, but I figure there is a much better chance that it'll have mdl0 if it is a wii exclusive. I'm in no way implying that I think all wii-exclusive games are mdl0. I already knew that wasn't true.

Unless someone beats me to it, I will look into it and get back to everyone. (as soon as I get a copy of the game that is.)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
where is amerastu's tail? also nice job at discovering that okami uses MDLO ^^

also every try i try to find out if samurai warriors 3 has MDL0 is keeps crashing my comp -.-

could someone else try to see if samurai warrios 3 uses MDL0?
Going back to this... Yes, it does have MDL0. The problem is finding the MDL0s you're looking for, considering that everything's packed in the "LINKDATA.BNS"... And the textures are some sort of stupid non-TEX0 format, so you'll have no choice but to manually dump their textures using Dolphin. Either way, the character models/weapons start as "0_0", and go up to "10_0", etc..

Oh, and the models are gigantic compared to Brawl's scaling. :V

Also, those Japanese-only WiiWare Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games have MDL0, too, but that was probably obvious judging the fact that both My Pokémon Ranch and Pokémon Rumble had MDL0.

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
hey RTB i have a question how do i hex the dragon ball animations to work?
thanks

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
hey RTB i have a question how do i hex the dragon ball animations to work?
thanks
The same way you would get any other animations to work. Preview the animation in the model previewer, change the max frames to the amount the animation has, and blank out the unknown values in the CHR0... At least, that's how I do it.

dark sonic 15

Smash Journeyman
heres how:
mario sports mix

The models have an unknown compression and must be extracted from a memory dump. Also, the models need to have their polygon/material headers corrected manually

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I have a question.

How does one go about extracting the models from the iso of mario sports mix?
Because I have a need for the slime. :bee:
Since the models are compressed, and I had to do some trickery to get the Slime to show up, I'll send you its models when I return (which will be in about half an hour). Then I'll go send the rest of the character models for the ones who wanted them.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
I can not seem to find any model files in the Toy Story Mania ISO. How do you do a memory dump to get the models to dump?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I can not seem to find any model files in the Toy Story Mania ISO. How do you do a memory dump to get the models to dump?
I personally use ProcessMemoryDumper, then I just open up the memory dump and search for "MDL0", case-sensitive. If it's not there, then it doesn't have MDL0.

RTB, could you send me the model soon? :3
I'll see if I can get 'em corrected and sent out sometime this week.

I cant extract th files from Pacman Party cuz dey r sum othr format of .arc than MKW. Halp? :3
They're actually not compressed at all. Just open 'em up in a hex editor, and look for "bres" or "MDL0". Kinda like the models from Dragon Ball.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
They're actually not compressed at all. Just open 'em up in a hex editor, and look for "bres" or "MDL0". Kinda like the models from Dragon Ball.
Oh, just like tht othr not-Dragonball game i got! Thnx!
Edit: no dayum models only chr0's.... EFF

xetan2

Smash Cadet
I used the process memory dump you linked and the only mdl0 file I could find was a model inside Dragonball ROKP... Even though I used the Toy Story Mania ISO... Am I doing something wrong?

Edit:
I also had a question that does but doesn't pertain to MDL0 importing.

A buddy of mine and I came up with an idea for replacing the Power Star with the Sacred Jewel of Four Souls. What I would WANT to do is replace the Power Star with a Dragonball from ROKP and then texture it to look like the Orb, but What I want to do from there is edit it so it instead of Invincibility, just gives you a huge increase in strength and defense temporarily. Plus, instead of the flashy colors and sparkling that is around the character, I'd want them to just glow like a purple-ish color, and it'd be without the Super Star music, it'd be music of my own choice, do you know how I could go about doing that/if it's even possible? I know it'd be possible to do at least the model importing, but changing the attributes and what not, is that possible?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
A buddy of mine and I came up with an idea for replacing the Power Star with the Sacred Jewel of Four Souls. What I would WANT to do is replace the Power Star with a Dragonball from ROKP and then texture it to look like the Orb, but What I want to do from there is edit it so it instead of Invincibility, just gives you a huge increase in strength and defense temporarily. Plus, instead of the flashy colors and sparkling that is around the character, I'd want them to just glow like a purple-ish color, and it'd be without the Super Star music, it'd be music of my own choice, do you know how I could go about doing that/if it's even possible? I know it'd be possible to do at least the model importing, but changing the attributes and what not, is that possible?
You can change the model and maybe change the music. :ohwell:

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey, RandomTBush, can you try to get the Okami models to actually display correctly in brawl?
Haven't gotten a chance to yet, sorry. I'll see if I can within the next few days.

Oh, can you check if crystal bearers has MDL0s, too? It's listed as probably not, but then, so was Okami.
Since I still have it on my computer, I'll check later on, too. I don't think it does, but ya never know.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Hey, wouldn't you technically be able to open up an ISO in a hex editor and check the entire ISO for a trace of MDL0 or do you actually have to go through each individual file to find if it's mdl0 or not?

Well I tried the method I just asked and I found this in Dragonball Z budokai 3 or whatever it's actually called for the wii. I also found it a few more times through-out the iso. Does this mean anything or is it just random data that says mdl0 in the iso?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey, wouldn't you technically be able to open up an ISO in a hex editor and check the entire ISO for a trace of MDL0 or do you actually have to go through each individual file to find if it's mdl0 or not?

Well I tried the method I just asked and I found this in Dragonball Z budokai 3 or whatever it's actually called for the wii. I also found it a few more times through-out the iso. Does this mean anything or is it just random data that says mdl0 in the iso?

You're gonna need to actually extract the files before you can look through 'em. The Wii games have encrypted ISOs, so what you find in the ISO may not be part of one of the files.

Top Bottom