• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
The GFA content link have an site which the SendSpace don't have the file...
For extract GFA

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Out of curiosity, does Fragile Dreams have MDL0s? I bought it yesterday, so I can probably make a backup and check.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Just thinking... if TMNT has pac files extractable by memory, what if other games on the not supported list are actually compressed, and can be extracted through a memory dump. It's just a thought, but it'd be nice to actually see pokemon battle revolution have MDL0's since all the other pokemon wii games appear to

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Just thinking... if TMNT has pac files extractable by memory, what if other games on the not supported list are actually compressed, and can be extracted through a memory dump. It's just a thought, but it'd be nice to actually see pokemon battle revolution have MDL0's since all the other pokemon wii games appear to
Oh, I wish that it did. Battle Revolution definitely does not have MDL0. I have checked memory dumps of the game multiple times.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Rock band is MDL0 free. :(
Yeah, I personally wouldn't expect a game like that to have MDL0.

Anyway, I've updated the first post and re-organized the "non-MDL0" games. I think a few of the ones in the list could have a re-check. That is, make a memory dump when the game's running, and if there's no "MDL0" in there, then it DEFINITELY does not have MDL0 and can be crossed off from the list. I'll be checking through quite a few of them tomorrow, but most of them have already been checked, or by using common sense, wouldn't have MDL0 anyway.

(EDIT: Oh, and both Party Fun Pirate/Pop-Up Pirate [checked it because Tomy's other games all had MDL0] and Tetris Party both have MDL0. The latter barely has anything, though.)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
People have been saying the MDL0 Resizer I made doesnt work with TvC models. There is another way, but it takes a little longer. I have gotten Yatterman up to 11x his TvC size, so the ppl that want Ryu, I can probably get him scaled, but the bone structure is similar to brawls, but the rigging is different, so the animations from brawl do not work, meaning you will have to make animations from scratch

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
The GFA file link is broken, I mean, inside the thread, there is an sendspace with 404 file...
I really want to extract GFA! :(
If someone could encrypt again and upload somewhere

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
I'll look through my files and see if I've got that somewhere.
Okay RTB!
I have recently download KEY (kirby epic yarn), them the files are GFA :reverse:

EDIT: Oh the sendspace file is the GFA files from Wario Land Shake It...
I have downloaded the quickBMS for use the script...

I noticed which the sendspace link is useless for now...

Anyway, thanks

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Also RTB, you know how to extract bin from wiiwares?
I asked at TSR but nobody replied, U8Tool don't extracts (just the wads)

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Mario sports mix has mdl0!?
YESSSS!

BLUE SLIME WILL BE MINE! :bee:

Also: does anyone know where the textures and animations are in the Dragonball iso?
I've been looking around for a while now. :/

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Also RTB, you know how to extract bin from wiiwares?
I asked at TSR but nobody replied, U8Tool don't extracts (just the wads)
Use WWPacker to unpack the WAD files, and U8Tool to unpack the *.APP files afterwards.

Mario sports mix has mdl0!?
YESSSS!

BLUE SLIME WILL BE MINE! :bee:

Also: does anyone know where the textures and animations are in the Dragonball iso?
I've been looking around for a while now. :/
The files for Dragon Ball are packed in separate BRRES files, all inside the same BIN file as the model itself. You'll have to open one of those up in a hex editor, and delete everything up to the second (third, fourth, etc.) instance of "bres", then save it.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Use WWPacker to unpack the WAD files, and U8Tool to unpack the *.APP files afterwards.

The files for Dragon Ball are packed in separate BRRES files, all inside the same BIN file as the model itself. You'll have to open one of those up in a hex editor, and delete everything up to the second (third, fourth, etc.) instance of "bres", then save it.
Ahh, alright thanks. :D

And I also was wondering about wads so thanks for that. :)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Yep. Okami definitely uses MDL0. But... I'll have to figure out why they're not showing up in BrawlBox and the BRRES Viewer.

(EDIT: And I was able to export Amaterasu's model using BrawlBox 0.64, despite not being able to see it. And it was broken up into four different MDL0 files, too.)

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Which is weird because I can get perfectly fine brres files from the hex data.... but they only have models or textures, never both.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Which is weird because I can get perfectly fine brres files from the hex data.... but they only have models or textures, never both.
Yeah. The MDL0s (which are broken into a few MDL0s per character) are in one file, and the textures are in another. You'll have to add 'em both together.

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS

Searched the texture name in the afs hex data, found it, went to the previous BRRES marker, copied it, took the texture, put it in. Works like a charm. Very tedious, though..... and you can't really find what you want >.>

I would love an afs decompilier...

TwilightGintoki

Smash Rookie
Hey I managed to open up an Okami model in BrawlBox (but it was some kind of rock) and I was wondering if someone could tell me which one is Amaterasu? (yes I am new and a Brawl Hacker)

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Well, RandomTBush might know, but I hex edited my model out of the .AFS.....
Besides, we just discovered its use of MDL0s today XD

TwilightGintoki

Smash Rookie
Hey does anyone know how to get the animation from another game working in brawl to use with the
MDL0 from that game?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Well I was exporting models from bomberman and I ran into a snag when I got to what I believe was his model.

See, looks perfectly fine and has the model and everything.

And for some reason the mdl0 won't show up in a hex editor. :/
Which means it can't be hexed to work in-game.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well I was exporting models from bomberman and I ran into a snag when I got to what I believe was his model.

*image 1*
See, looks perfectly fine and has the model and everything.

*image 2*
And for some reason the mdl0 won't show up in a hex editor. :/
Which means it can't be hexed to work in-game.
Drag-and-drop the BRRES file over LZ77Ex to decompress it, then run it through the model hexers.

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Also, you searched mdl0 when it's MDL0. That may matter if you have the case-sensitive box checked....

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
BTW, 2 things.
1: Got Ammy working in brawlbox

2: The models gotten from Okami have bones that won't move the models. At all. Even in brawlbox.
So, that's a problem. (But the bone STRUCTURE looks fine, that is, the shape of the model.)

Also, the textures are just solid colors on flashing polygons in game >.>

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
BTW, 2 things.
1: Got Ammy working in brawlbox

2: The models gotten from Okami have bones that won't move the models. At all. Even in brawlbox.
So, that's a problem. (But the bone STRUCTURE looks fine, that is, the shape of the model.)

Also, the textures are just solid colors on flashing polygons in game >.>
Oof. I'll see what I need to do to get those models working in-game without any problems.

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Also, I found some weird hex data in one brres. It's really long, but all that shows is one completely white 64x64 texture >.>

What's more, the segment in the middle has readable messages..... my friend says it looks sorta like... some sorta programming language used for the game.

Not your problem, of course, but still >.>

Oh, and here's the Ammy model that works with brawlbox:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/OkamiAmmy.pac
That collision data is there so you can see the whole model.
Oh, and here's the real texture data - the one in the previous download has one texture turned transparent to make viewing easier:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/OkamiTexAndPalettes.brres

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I didn't know such a thing existed.
But it's a pretty large file, almost 2GB..
EDIT: I tried it, it's much, much better organized!
But it still requires hexing D:
It seems there's 2 brres files in each .dat, the model and textures...

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
BTW, 2 things.

just load any animation while viewing him, and then you should be able to move the model on the frames of that animation

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Well, then it probably does use MDL0 after all, which would be surprising considering it's a port of a PS2 game.

I'll go see if I can find the models.
I'm not THAT surprised to be honest, because they did say that the original PS2 game was highly optimised for the PS2, and with the disbanding of Clover Studios, Capcom didn't have access to much of the original code and had to re-make a lot of the game from scratch, so why not use a Wii-optimised model format while you're at it?

But this is awesome news. I'd love to see stages made from Okami assets. On that note, are the outlines part of the model like in TvC?

just load any animation while viewing him, and then you should be able to move the model on the frames of that animation
her*

Top Bottom