• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
So whatever happened with Jigg's Miner's hat? Did someone vertex edit the ears out?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
As I said on your Youtube comments, **** IT FORTWAFFLES YOU SO AWSUM

hmm... i always figured knuckles to be a ground or rock type XD does this mean we could add bones to regular trophies too?
Like... Pokémon?

I seriously got a BONE-er from this! LOL XD
LOL. Why was that funny?

I'll get around to that later. I've been busy with other things lately.
But I like the ears poking out. It's cute!

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
guys hold yer horses, fortwaffles said he was gonna make a program to add the bones automatically, rather than having to go through the whole process, so be patient =3

HYPE!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RandomTBush: do you have seen any problem with the material glitch on MaS ATOWG? D:
or have you not started xP
Haven't started on it yet. I've been actually trying to find a way to add shadows to my WMAT stage, first. D:

But I like the ears poking out. It's cute!
I'll still have that version up for download after I make the no-ears version.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
So, if it's possible to add bones to trophy models... Anyone feeling the Black Knight? =O We could use Mewtwo's trophy model too.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's not a good idea,
If Mewtwo is in Pikachu Pokepark Adventure blahblah,it should have at least 16 bones, while the trophy in brawl has 3 bones. It should be easier if the character has more bones

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well, that's not a good idea,
If Mewtwo is in Pikachu Pokepark Adventure blahblah,it should have at least 16 bones, while the trophy in brawl has 3 bones. It should be easier if the character has more bones
Mewtwo isn't in PokéPark, and using the trophies as playable characters is not a good idea, as they have no rigging whatsoever (and therefore are always in the same pose). You're gonna have to wait until the model builder's released before you can have a proper Mewtwo.

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
So, if it's possible to add bones to trophy models... Anyone feeling the Black Knight? =O We could use Mewtwo's trophy model too.
OMG i can't believe it! its my good friend Booton from Boo Mansion website!
hi booton! if you can remember me, its me Teenpika from ustream and youtube!
how ya been? i haven't heard from you since you last streamed Mario & Sonic at the WOG at ustream!

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
For Mewtwo fans, I'd look for a way to get melee's mdl0s (just assuming they have some form of mdl0 as they have a form of tex0) to brawls mdl0s as it looks a lot better than the terrible, terrible brawl trophy one.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
For Mewtwo fans, I'd look for a way to get melee's mdl0s (just assuming they have some form of mdl0 as they have a form of tex0) to brawls mdl0s as it looks a lot better than the terrible, terrible brawl trophy one.
To get a Melee model in Brawl, you'll need to do a crapload of conversions to make it compatible. They aren't that similar to Brawl's models. I'm not even sure if the polygon format's the same, as I haven't tried it yet. (Kirby's Melee model didn't have the same polygon data as his Brawl model, even though they're pretty much the same.)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
ok...wow... didn't think i'd stir up this much excitement... O.O ok, so im not gonna make a tutorial. im just gonna make a program to do it. and also, knuckles loaded great with sonic's animations.

Revven

FrankerZ
ok...wow... Didn't Think I'd Stir Up This Much Excitement... O.o Ok, So Im Not Gonna Make A Tutorial. Im Just Gonna Make A Program To Do It. And Also, Knuckles Loaded Great With Sonic's Animations.
**** Someone Needs To Start A Knuckles Project Once He Releases His Program. I Want Knuckles In Mah Brawlzzzzzz.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
To get a Melee model in Brawl, you'll need to do a crapload of conversions to make it compatible. They aren't that similar to Brawl's models. I'm not even sure if the polygon format's the same, as I haven't tried it yet. (Kirby's Melee model didn't have the same polygon data as his Brawl model, even though they're pretty much the same.)
See I've always seen Brawl Kirby as puffier than Melee Kirby, but that's just me.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Check off the Specular textures. (Or check some off until you figure out which makes the texture black or unusual) Delete them afterwards.

EDIT: WTF. Where did I go? ;_;

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Un-check the Specul-*was shot.

Just kidding.

Also, Melee Mewtwo is a no-no for me. I don't really like his "fat" look. I prefer the tall, more muscular one. It makes him more epic and stronger, than a fat little wannabe that always laughs.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Un-check the Specul-*was shot.

Just kidding.

Also, Melee Mewtwo is a no-no for me. I don't really like his "fat" look. I prefer the tall, more muscular one. It makes him more epic and stronger, than a fat little wannabe that always laughs.
^This made me laugh. Mewtwo always did look kinda blubbery, but I didn't want to say it because fanboys would attack me from all angles.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Delete them afterwards.
Uhm, I'd have to say DON'T delete the SpecularDh texture. I did that to Blaziken, and he was incredibly bright. The colours really messed up. If the character's too dark, just add some white to it (but not a lot, maybe around 2% of white).

Then again, maybe it only messed up for Blaziken. But I doubt it.

@wildvine47: Yes, step 5 is done automatically now.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
The new model porter is still not compatible with Wario Ware models. Oh well, nice job nontheless.

Top Bottom