• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

yugi1818

Smash Cadet
some one should look into mario party 8 if they havent cause im getting good with animations sooo i want Daisy XD, any ways is there any way i someone can get there hands on the Mario&Sonic WOG's Amy i wanna work on animations for her XD but i dont want daisy from it cause i dont like Peach&Daisy's winter outfits......

shock44

Smash Journeyman
some one should look into mario party 8 if they havent cause im getting good with animations sooo i want Daisy XD, any ways is there any way i someone can get there hands on the Mario&Sonic WOG's Amy i wanna work on animations for her XD but i dont want daisy from it cause i dont like Peach&Daisy's winter outfits......
I can send you Amy's model and textures. But you'll have to hex the model yourself.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Wait a second... Is the model converter going to hex the mdl0 for you, or will it convert a common model format such as .DAE to mdl0?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Wait a second... Is the model converter going to hex the mdl0 for you, or will it convert a common model format such as .DAE to mdl0?
Im making 2 programs. 1 will hex it (may be harder to do) and one will resize (as falco would say "piece of cake") and no .dae

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Okay, I was just wondering. An automation to the hexing process will be nice, because I can't hex for my life. Will you add chr0 support to the hexing program? Or will it just do the model?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Game Maker should be called Gay Maker. It's giving me file read errors when the first command i call is to end the program -_-

This may pose a problem for the resizer and hexer.
although its strange it worked fine on my bone tinker thing

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
RandomTBrush! I finally finished the videos!
Please add them to your OP so that many more can enjoy this amazing process!

Intro To Hex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJGRYEB4BAg

Injecting Models From Other Games Part 01:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePnCJ1hRlk

Injecting Models From Other Games Part 02:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkgTmC1a-g

Injecting Models From Other Games Part 03:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnlvgu85G1M

Thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me on this project, and another HUGE thanks to everyone who pushes the boundaries on modding brawl!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh wow, I got to check these out tomorrow although good chances are I probably still won't be able to fix Lloyd. It simply requires advanced hexing skill beyond the tutorial. Sooner or later though...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RandomTBrush! I finally finished the videos!
Please add them to your OP so that many more can enjoy this amazing process!

Intro To Hex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJGRYEB4BAg

Injecting Models From Other Games Part 01:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePnCJ1hRlk

Injecting Models From Other Games Part 02:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkgTmC1a-g

Injecting Models From Other Games Part 03:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnlvgu85G1M

Thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me on this project, and another HUGE thanks to everyone who pushes the boundaries on modding brawl!
A'ight, they're in the first post. :)

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
I really should learn this stuff! Seems like everyone wants to do the extremely well known stars but i see easy potental in someone not even thought about at all...How about (Yes I dare to say it) Amy Rose!!

But seriously, she has a .MDl0 already and the golden hammer resembles her Piko piko hammer very good without texturing it. She would seriously have a ****** PSA if someone put the effort into it. Maybe I should learn the ropes just to accomplish this...
I second this. Amy Rose would be awesome. Maybe she could be like a heavier, combat oriented version of Sonic, like in Sonic Advance 1.

She's fully hexed, but I haven't tested her in-game yet. If anyone wants to do a PSA for her, PM me and I'll send you the BRRES, because I'm definitely not doing a PSA for her myself.

SUPER EDIT:

That looks much better. God bless custom textures.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Nice work =3
Thanks. Amusing side note: Amy's model is NOT designed to work with that texture. At all. The skirt on this model is scandalously short because Amy's Winter Games design gives her a pair of black slacks. Her normal outfit doesn't use those, so... :laugh:

EDIT: Also, RandomTBush wasn't kidding about the low poly count on the Small models. You could stab someone with those ears and fingers.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Can anyone help me Hex the Material1? I didn't get it right, also, it confuses me because the MDL0Offset is a negative number

EDIT: PM me if you want the Model, It's Raffaello from FF: Chocobo

@RandomTBush: Final Fantasy: Chocobo uses MDL0, so yeah it's confirmed.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
@RandomTBush: Final Fantasy: Chocobo uses MDL0, so yeah it's confirmed.
Ooh, awesome. Wonder if it'll work when put through AiS. (I want to port the Chocobo to Garry's Mod. :))

And as for the "negative number", it's actually not negative. That "-" symbol actually signifies that the value is a decimal offset.

*kicks a Goomba into a bottomless pit*

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
*not so epic amy pic*

She's fully hexed, but I haven't tested her in-game yet. If anyone wants to do a PSA for her, PM me and I'll send you the BRRES, because I'm definitely not doing a PSA for her myself.

SUPER EDIT:

*MUCH MORE EPIC AMY PIC*

That looks much better. God bless custom textures.
how did you make the head are on the body? XD
thought the head and body was separate D:

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
thats how many bytes you're supposed to jump down... for example, in HxD, you press ctrl+G which brings up the go to command, and you're supposed to type how many bytes you want it to jump down by... in HxD you don't use the 0x, just the numbers after that (so it would be 38 and 414)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
i didn't think GM even counted as a language...

how would you even write these kinds of programs with it? O_o
ive made a few, like the program 1234 to 4321.exe and bonemod.exe
simply it looks in the file for a specific area, jumps to certain areas, reads data, stores it, and writes it in different places

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
good news, i might be able to skip the whole anim8or part. i found a script to convert to float and back, so the program will probably only require a text file in the same directory with the scale factor

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Can someone check this out why it isn't appearing in BB? , I already hexed all mat1 and polygons
:( I'll PM you guys the link if you're interested in CHECKING it, no hexing hassle necessary
It's Rafaello Final Form from Chocobo's Dungeon

Top Bottom