• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDK Presents ~Hype Not Hate~ Brawl Weekly Casuals

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Dude, he has to be good. I mean this guy is talking about being disappointed in not making top 5, so he is confident. Another thing, did he not beat Pastaboy? He must be good.

But I don't care for his johns, I don't feel he would have played differently any other way. Man I hate johns so much. I bet this guy judge still thinks everyone here sucks.
He is good, no question about that, but he isn't great. The way he plays MK is a lot more beatable than other solid/top MKs. Yeah johns are ****in queer, almost as queer as people who don't respect the Canadian Smash Scene. I'm pretty sure Ally might just be the best Brawl player in the world, and we have at least 4 or 5 other world class players minimum.

ALSO Yuki, come to MDK's this saturday, or at least LBT next next weekend, I want some PT dittos plz =D

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol judge beat brose and p-con? discussion is needed for this lol

SORRY BUT I HAVE TO CANCEL THIS SATURDAY. SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT CAME UP.

with this casual being canceled i guess thats it for now. im moving the day of the upcoming gta tournament so i wont be attending. i might run something again after i've settled in my new place but i'll see how i feel about that.

its been fun having casuals w/ everyone. i hope everyone felt they gained something while coming to my casuals. i hope everyone does well in their future smash careers. i'll still lurk around every now and then just 2 see how every1 is progressin. have fun guys! l8r

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
I must say that your casuals helped a lot and they were really fun. Take all the time that you need to get settled in at your new place. And you better show up to Niko's tourney XD

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah, that one time I attended, it was really fun, and I wish that I could've attended more often.

Good luck bro.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Thanks for everything MDK, it helped me go from a total scrub to a decent player =D

Side Note, I may be able to start hosting casuals fridays or saturdays, i'll keep you guys posted.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Ahh, it's the end, huh? That's too bad.

Thanks a lot for having me over, man. It's definitely something I won't forget, finally getting involved in the Smash scene. Plenty of memories...and I still have those few matches of me recorded to cringe at. XD But yeah, good luck at your new place and all!

And I'll definitely swing by the Sheridan Club, and I'm pretty sure I'll come to your Accel 2 tournament in December. Guess I gotta balance three games now!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. It's over. Dang, there were some good times at Rae's.

But now someone else must rise up to the challenge of hosting casuals. Someone who lives closer to me lol.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Hey Rae. Although I moved out first, I definitely appreciated your hosting casuals. Not many peopel open up their houses to people online just to chill, but you sacrificed your time. I give you much thanks, and hope to see you around sometime.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Rae, thanks for everything, these casuals were a great opportunity to meeting all the cool people I've met and to my improvement within this game. I'm sorry for the times I hassled for recordings but it was apppreciated.

Hopefully I'll see you around, possibly on X-box Live? (Which btw, I'll get your account name on msn after). And future tournies, which you better show up to!

tha_carter

Smash Ace
MIKEY7 AND NICKCAM, are you guys going to Lets brawl? Do you need a ride?

MDK, you 100% sure youre not going? And we should chill again soon, especially if youre any good at gears of war 2.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure im going to LBT and if u have space i would definitely like a ride. I think mikey's going to but im not 100% sure cuz he said he might not be able to go because of the area.

Bug~

Smash Ace
yo carter, i posted in LBT thread that me and kingace would like to shotty a spot..like 4 days ago.

is this still possible? :)

MDK00

Smash Ace
yah im still living in mississauga. about 5mins away from where i currently live. the place is smaller tho.

@carter: lol im moving the day of the tourny. unless i feel like having no where to live i dont think i'll be able to go. but me and u will have to run with naruto ninja storm. i looked into it a bit more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1LvUJ8Cyb0
"higher" level is looking like this right now

tha_carter

Smash Ace
@Nick, alright, cool. But its North York as in Bayview & 401, not... um, Jane & Finch. Its safe. If he does decide to go, just tell him to contact me.

@MDK, Yea, just give me a ring. And if theres no Gaara; its not high level play. lol
SMH@ Using Kabuto w/o using sleep jitsu.

@Bug, sure. Where you guys at?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I'm going to LBT for sure, its by the science center. Um as for a ride, I think my friends are going to Yorkdale mall, so I might get them to drop me off first, I'll let you guys know if plans change and I need a ride, but I'm pretty sure I got lucky for the 2nd tourney in a row lol. I'll be there 100%.

Oh and Rae thx for letting us in your house and teaching me Smash lol, come out to tournaments and enter, don't be a stranger. I've gotten so much out of these casuals, I just hope someone can continue them, they are great for GTA smash.

homsar

Smash Ace
Im guessing that none of you remember me or have ever met me but I was into the melee scene for a while when it was still small. Came to tourneys sporadically.

Just wondering if you guys play any brawl+ or if you just go for regular brawl.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Im guessing that none of you remember me or have ever met me but I was into the melee scene for a while when it was still small. Came to tourneys sporadically.

Just wondering if you guys play any brawl+ or if you just go for regular brawl.
Hey, it's the guy I told to go here!

I think one or two of these guys have a hacked Brawl they bring every now and then.

Bug~

Smash Ace
@Nick, alright, cool. But its North York as in Bayview & 401, not... um, Jane & Finch. Its safe. If he does decide to go, just tell him to contact me.

@MDK, Yea, just give me a ring. And if theres no Gaara; its not high level play. lol
SMH@ Using Kabuto w/o using sleep jitsu.

@Bug, sure. Where you guys at?
we can both meet up at square one if thats ok?

NoobSchoolBus

Smash Cadet
Rae man. Thanks so much for hosting. I learned a lot from you guys. My only regret was that I found out about weekly casuals so late in the game.
I still want to get consistently better though where are the other places you guys practice at besides Rae's? Anywhere in the GTA is fine with me. lol. I know that YorkU holds them, but they usually play FFAs :\ Any suggestions/directions would be great.

Also, I'm going to be driving to LBT and I may have space in my car, thus i can pick around 2 people up in the Maple/Vaughan area.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Hm...not sure if I'm going to LBT anymore. I've got at least 11 assignments due in the next 3 weeks so I'm going to have to see if I can risk going out for a whole day and still doing a good job on them. Doesn't help that I'm usually pulling the weight in the group assignments either. =/

homsar

Smash Ace
Hey, it's the guy I told to go here!

I think one or two of these guys have a hacked Brawl they bring every now and then.
Ya, I knew of these boards but last time I came to this section (many months ago) the GTA was mostly melee still. And one or two isn't a lot, I was hoping that the brawl+ would be more accepted in the GTA.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Hm...not sure if I'm going to LBT anymore. I've got at least 11 assignments due in the next 3 weeks so I'm going to have to see if I can risk going out for a whole day and still doing a good job on them. Doesn't help that I'm usually pulling the weight in the group assignments either. =/
Aw : ( that sucks. You should definately try to come at least half the day, friendlies going on all the time

NSB - Good to see you coming to LBT, I guarantee you'll have a good time if you stick around all day (friendlies everywhere)

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Alright guys I'm gonna start casuals at my place in about 2 weeks time, I'll make the thread sometime closer to then. I might host something 2moro, if thats the case I'll post it here later tonight. I need to know which day the majority of people want it to be held on. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all OK.

Also Yuki, go to the PT boards and look at the Canadian PT Finder thread.

NoobSchoolBus

Smash Cadet
Alright guys I'm gonna start casuals at my place in about 2 weeks time, I'll make the thread sometime closer to then. I might host something 2moro, if thats the case I'll post it here later tonight. I need to know which day the majority of people want it to be held on. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all OK.

Too bad I work tomorrow :[

Friday's are best for me, but i don't mind doing ti any day of the week haha

Anth0ny

Smash Master

I'd say Saturday is the best for me, as I work on Sunday and usually party hard on Fridays :laugh:

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol brawl+ is a joke
the really issue of them game has not changed, and that is lack of hit/block stun...

if that can be modified then were talking...

ToxiCry

Smash Cadet

my vote is saturday
and obama
hi america

Top Bottom