• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

KageMurphy

Smash Master
did i not get on the PR's cuz i didn't post my results?

lol me and korn have the same results basically......

prob cuz im black...
You and Korn both entered that NC event, Korn beat 2 of their PR'd people, you beat none and you and Korn split first.

Also, LLOD *****, we weren't gonna ignore the fact he took out 3 PR'd members and got 2nd at a stacked MD/VA event.

:017:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Wins:
Iota
Dull Razor
LSD
Scotty O.B. x2
Archer
Noid
Aposl x2
Pink Fresh
Logic
Smurf
Goku
LeafShadow
Toronto Joe
Mar1

Losses:
Seagull x2
DarkFlame
Coney
Logic x3
Lie x2
Chu x2
Tc1
Nairo
Esoj
HolyNightmare
Stroumbert

Placings:
9th of 19 @ Chu's Tourney
1st of 17 @ RockEmSockEm
4th of 10 @ Xanbat 6/27
9th of 14 @ Xanbat 7/3
3rd of 11 @ Xanbat 7/10
65th of 140 @ Sktar
9th of 21 @ Nut up Shut up
13th of 69 @ IMPULSE
Don't remember the results of another NC tourney, but I think I got 5th losing to logic and chu.
Best Pit ever

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
pretty stupid to add LLOD onto the PR just because of one event unless u guys decided to change the mandatory tournament attendance limit

consistency is key

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Cool new rankings but honestly I think the top 5 should be:

1. Lie/Chu
2. Lie/Chu
3. Logic
4. Seagull
5. Junebug(when not active like this past season but in the top 3)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Hey! I just moved to D.C. yesterday. I played with Ryo, arguably the best Ike in the world, for a long time. We got first in a tourny together once. I'm not his level, but i'm no scrub. Does anyone wanna meet up? Did i post this in the wrong area? Are there two states called Washington in U.S.A.? Why is traffic so scary here? I'm not trying to be a ****, but pls don't message me if you've never been to a tourny.

TL;DR Come get whooped by a Floridian. Cell is (352) 575-6855. William. or email me wfhutchinson4@gmail.com or message me here.
Try to message my cousin chu and see if you can get him to set something up for u while your in the area. Was there about a month or two ago, try playing boss,junebug, chu and esoj since they'd probally be down in the falls church Virginia area. Will is a good friend of mine so show him a good time md/va =]

ChuDat

Smash Master
I was going to say something earlier but I've been busy all day.

To sum up my thoughts, I agree with Omni. Also, I think EE is biased towards Seagull and LLOD. LLOD shouldn't be that far up. I think I should be above Seagull (because I beat him just last week pretty solidly, almost 2 stocked him AND out placed him at 2 out of 2 tournaments we were both in). Coney beat me, who was number 1 on the rankings, so why does he go down to 9th?

Like I said, stop putting so much emphasis on attendance. Coneys skill level is still amazing. Didn't he beat Tc1 with Ness?

Korn over Boss? hmmm I guess Korn is happy he's on the rankings but why is Boss getting shafted? He placed third in teams at a national with Mew2king, Anti, Ally, Esam, Vinnie, Tyrant, ect..

Seagull beating me and Jose in teams was good but nothing spectacular. I just got back from Florida and Esoj is Esoj, he gets 9th with SSR and often places 5th in teams.

Why is TC1 on the rankings anyway? What has he done? Pink Fresh out placed him in singles at the last tournament.

I think you are adding new players just to add new players, imo. LLOD is the only one who deserves to be on the rankings, but according to the rules, a player must attend at least 2 tournaments to be considered. LLOD hasn't done that so he shouldn't be on, according to YOUR RULES you guys set up.

All in all, there's obviously something wrong with the rankings because 99% of outsiders disagree with it, even an out of stater like Xzax. Hopefully you guys get your facts and heads together next time.

Consider having Omni or/and I on the PR. If you have applications, I'll be glad to fill it out.

Thanks

PS: I don't think there should be a lot of emphasis on the ranbats because of two reasons. Va can't/doesn't want to attend them and the entrance fee is only $2 meaning they aren't taken seriously.

For this season, I guess my rankings would be:
1. Lie
2. Logic
3. Me
4. Seagull
5. Coney
6. Junebug
7. Boss
8. LLOD
9. Korn
10. Luckay4Lyphe

Toss ups for 8-10 aka honorable mentions: PinkFresh, TC1, Stark, Iota, Poyo, Takeover(chu bi-weekly), and Esoj for beating Luckay!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey chu,

Every single point you made was invalid, because it doesn't apply to prs (mms and teams).

In addition, you invalidated your own point by saying llod shouldn't be so high but that we shouldnt have such a high attendance requirement. We didn't.

I'm not going to ever recommend you for panel because you do this every time we make a pr and its always far off base. I'm also not going to argue with those points you made right now because I'm using mobile and it would take too long.

:phone:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
In addition, you invalidated your own point by saying llod shouldn't be so high but that we shouldnt have such a high attendance requirement. We didn't.
I don't really care about prs, but I fail to see how that invalidates his argument in the least.

He thinks too much stock is placed in attendence, that's true. However he pointed out a contradiction in your grading scale, the two don't really touch on each other at all. Not nearly enough to invalidate his point.

Does he need to agree with one of them to point out flaws in the other? I think you skimmed a tad too much, personally.

I've been out of the game for a long time now, and know really nothing of the players skill levels of today. But I can still tell when a terrible, and grasping defense is laid out for an accusation. Though I have no clue who is right or wrong, I think a better defense is required than random accusations of invalidity.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
To sum up my thoughts, I agree with Omni. Also, I think EE is biased towards Seagull and LLOD. LLOD shouldn't be that far up. I think I should be above Seagull (because I beat him just last week pretty solidly, almost 2 stocked him AND out placed him at 2 out of 2 tournaments we were both in). Coney beat me, who was number 1 on the rankings, so why does he go down to 9th?
You beat me (1st game was last hit last stock and 2nd game was also down to last stock, which is not a 2 stock), but I've beaten Lie/Logic/Coney who beat you. Nice try@cyclical logic. Coney also was like 4th last season. He hasn't been #1 in over a year.
Like I said, stop putting so much emphasis on attendance. Coneys skill level is still amazing. Didn't he beat Tc1 with Ness?
Coney lost and that was a money match. MM's don't count for rankings. They never have.

Korn over Boss? hmmm I guess Korn is happy he's on the rankings but why is Boss getting shafted? He placed third in teams at a national with Mew2king, Anti, Ally, Esam, Vinnie, Tyrant, ect..
Teams also does not count.

Seagull beating me and Jose in teams was good but nothing spectacular. I just got back from Florida and Esoj is Esoj, he gets 9th with SSR and often places 5th in teams.
Once again, teams doesn't count.
Why is TC1 on the rankings anyway? What has he done? Pink Fresh out placed him in singles at the last tournament.
More or less leftover rankings and he has beaten Bizkit OoS. He beat Luckay too. It's more then others down the list can say.

I think you are adding new players just to add new players, imo. LLOD is the only one who deserves to be on the rankings, but according to the rules, a player must attend at least 2 tournaments to be considered. LLOD hasn't done that so he shouldn't be on, according to YOUR RULES you guys set up.
Lack of tourneys=lack of requirements. I mean if it was one tourney then we'd obviously not include him unless he did something spectacular, but he beat Me, Logic, and Junebug the same tourney.
All in all, there's obviously something wrong with the rankings because 99% of outsiders disagree with it, even an out of stater like Xzax. Hopefully you guys get your facts and heads together next time.
Xzax just thinks the list should cut off after top 5. He isn't disagreeing with whoever is 6-10.
Consider having Omni or/and I on the PR. If you have applications, I'll be glad to fill it out.
Omni maybe. You? Never. You're too biased and it's pretty clear from your post.
PS: I don't think there should be a lot of emphasis on the ranbats because of two reasons. Va can't/doesn't want to attend them and the entrance fee is only $2 meaning they aren't taken seriously.
Every ranbat was $5 entry.
For this season, I guess my rankings would be:
1. Lie
2. Logic
3. Me
4. Seagull
5. Coney
6. Junebug
7. Boss
8. LLOD
9. Korn
10. Luckay4Lyphe

Toss ups for 8-10 aka honorable mentions: PinkFresh, TC1, Stark, Iota, Poyo, Takeover(chu bi-weekly), and Esoj for beating Luckay![/color]
Coney has done absolutely nothing other then beat Luckay. Boss has done nothing, but split singles with Cafee in Nc, while LLOD has decent wins. Luckay has wins over Logic and a few others.

I have more wins then you. I entered 5 tournaments and did good at all of them. I racked up wins over Logic, Lie, Junebug, Luckay, and Coney, but you only have one win on Lie/Me/Logic and losses to Logic/Lie/Coney.

:018:

Coney

Smash Master
i didn't just beat luckay last season, i beat chu

chu i appreciate the thought but you were the only good person i beat at all, so i shouldn't be above someone that won an actual event (LLOD)

beating the #1 on our PR is prob more than the other 2 above me did all season, but they entered more and attendance is valued, so that's fine

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i didn't just beat luckay last season, i beat chu

chu i appreciate the thought but you were the only good person i beat at all, so i shouldn't be above someone that won an actual event (LLOD)

beating the #1 on our PR is prob more than the other 2 above me did all season, but they entered more and attendance is valued, so that's fine

Coney how do I be good at League plz

ChuDat

Smash Master
You beat me (1st game was last hit last stock and 2nd game was also down to last stock, which is not a 2 stock), but I've beaten Lie/Logic/Coney who beat you. Nice try@cyclical logic. Coney also was like 4th last season. He hasn't been #1 in over a year.

Never said it was a 2 stock, I said it was almost a two stock because I was at low percent. I've also beaten Lie and Logic this season, who beat you as well, not to mention myself. Coney skills = 5th on PR at least. He beat me in NC. Why would I be biased? He's MD.

Lack of tourneys=lack of requirements. I mean if it was one tourney then we'd obviously not include him unless he did something spectacular, but he beat Me, Logic, and Junebug the same tourney.

Inaccurate, last season we had the same amount of tournaments, if not less.

Xzax just thinks the list should cut off after top 5. He isn't disagreeing with whoever is 6-10.

Nope, he's clearly disagreeing with your top 5

Omni maybe. You? Never. You're too biased and it's pretty clear from your post.

Me biased? I'm biased towards other people. Your biased towards yourself, which is worse. Like I said, I clearly beat you but I'm put in 4th because you're able to go to more xanadus than I can. I'll beat you next season too! The list is clearly inaccurate according to Boss, Omni, Xzax and I. You need me. Skill > Attendance. I'm also from VA so it doesn't make sense to have all members from MD, which creates Bias. Balance.

Coney has done absolutely nothing other then beat Luckay. Boss has done nothing, but split singles with Cafee in Nc, while LLOD has decent wins. Luckay has wins over Logic and a few others.

Wrong again, Coney beat me this season.

I have more wins then you. I entered 5 tournaments and did good at all of them. I racked up wins over Logic, Lie, Junebug, Luckay, and Coney, but you only have one win on Lie/Me/Logic and losses to Logic/Lie/Coney.

You probably don't... you beat Logic, Lie, Coney, and Junebug. I beat Logic, Lie, San, you, and Luckay. Like I said, you also have losses to Logic and lie.

So if our number of wins and losses are about even, why were you placed above me? Do you care more than I do? Probably... I care a lot too. I'm not about to be placed below you!

Edit: hahaha you guys are too funny.

Boss, you should be in whether teams count or not.

Coney you're very humble. You don't deserve the shaft to 9th place so I'm fighting for you! Skill > Attendance!

Luckay, lmao you're one funny dude.

Kaffei i'm nub too!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Chu you need to enter stuff and actually apply your skill to be relevant to the current PR otherwise people like Neo, Takeover, Omni, etc could still be on. Also you don't need to balance out md and va, we are considered one region. If it just so happens more MD does well than VA then thats how it is.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Chu you need to enter stuff and actually apply your skill to be relevant to the current PR otherwise people like Neo, Takeover, Omni, etc could still be on. Also you don't need to balance out md and va, we are considered one region. If it just so happens more MD does well than VA then thats how it is.

Was gonna do a lengthy response, but this sums up everything in a nutshell.

My tourney records were similar to yours. I got 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 5th at a regional. You got 3rd like 3 times, 4th, and 7th at a :metaknight: banned national.

Chu's wins:
Logic
Lie
San
Xzax
Seagull
Luckay

Each of those happened one time.

My wins:
Luckay 3x
Logic 2x
Coney 2x
Lie
Kadaj
Junebug
Keitaro

I only listed notables. I also have wins on Tc1, Esoj, and Iota, but those people aren't as relevant to the PR compared to the others I listed. The only thing you could argue to be above me would be your direct win on me, but I have more notable wins then you do.

ChuDat

Smash Master
you sit in your cave,and play for hours and hours,until you grow a beard....

all IRL situations must be cut off....

chu i didn't do anything but beat,PP/vice/korn in NC

other then that i didn't enter anything..
lol those are some decent wins man, especially korn. Not to mention you were on the rankings last time. You should be in more so then Korn, especially if you beat korn imo. Also, you placed 1st at a tournament!

Luckay, you need to think about switching your pikachu for someone else, imo :p. I entered 5 tournaments this season, so what are you talking about? Nope, there should be balance. There should actually be two of us on the panelist to be fair and balanced. No matter what you do, there will always be bias. You balance bias with other bias.

boss8

Smash Hero

it just so happens that there are more active MD players.....

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Just show your worth next season Chu. In terms of skill and consistency, yes you're probably above me if we did a PR like that. In terms of what I did/you did this season, I'm above you on the PR.

Blargh.

Edit: I'm gonna go get some subway and head to the bank.

Coney

Smash Master
i didn't even think about this until now but tbh, the existence of xanadu will create more leverage for MD over VA because of the weekly events

chu i get what you're saying but you tend to rank skill over attendance/results, it's usually the opposite

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Lmao chu what did that have to do with anything you troll.

It's not the md players' fault that more tourneys are more convenient to rack up the wins. Either VA comes up more or gets a decent venue and does the same thing xanadu does.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
although Chu's logic wasn't the greatest his list was still pretty legit LOL

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I was going to say something earlier but I've been busy all day.

Teams don't matter/count for ranking...... right :smirk: as much as I hate that fact.

And I never team with top players in National. So you will never how well I can do.

Top Bottom