• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
At the end of the day, I think the variety of characters in the top placings could be nice to see...and some MK-less dubz teams could be awesome...but I doubt the ban will help MD/VA's attendance that much. How much of MD/VA really quit due to MK in the first place?

I'm not sure if that's what happened with Wallstreet, but most of FNB just kinda got bored with Brawl, lmao. And if we're already guaranteed to lose Kaffei and EE, we may get LESS attendance from the ban.

So yea, good idea Zak.

Yeah, see how Mk banned would affect attendance, more people could possibly come. Still, I'd rather just have a ruleset where Brinstar and RC are gone and see how that effects results. 3 stock, 10 minutes.

Starters: SV, FD, BF, Lylat, and YI
Cp's: Ps1, Castle Seige, Frigate, Halberd and Picto?
Didn't they do that for Ktar6?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I mean I CAN still play Wario.. It's just that the rise of DDDs & Marth's don't really seem appealing.. O yes get grabbed and take a **** load of damage and maybe even a stock oooo fun.

I'm more thinking about just switching to Melee... Melee Sheik is just as fun as MK so yea

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
10 minute time limit? Games will last forever. Why not cut down 1 stock?
I wouldn't put two stocks that penalizes to many lower tier characters with *** recoveries.

10 minutes so that time outs are less likely to happen, LGL will be enforced and certain characters will have different ones, yes I said Characters, so it's more than just Mk. I wouldn't put Delfino in, I have some reasons, I will not clarify them just yet.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I mean I CAN still play Wario.. It's just that the rise of DDDs & Marth's don't really seem appealing.. O yes get grabbed and take a **** load of damage and maybe even a stock oooo fun.
Gluttony

I'm more thinking about just switching to Melee... Melee Sheik is just as fun as MK so yea
Play brawl, this is the community you belong in.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

Are you really trying to get into melee, though the metagame has tremendously progressed? If so, have you played melee before and how long?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Gluttony

Play brawl, this is the community you belong in.
Glutonny is quitting and there aren't enough videos that I can study & copy. That's the only way I can learn a character. Idk how to be creative I just copy.
Also, I'm kind of smh @ Brawl community right now they just argue about MK 24/7 it's annoying. I can't go to 1 Brawl event without some one complaining about MK.

Are you really trying to get into melee, though the metagame has tremendously progressed? If so, have you played melee before and how long?
Who cares if the metagame has tremendously progressed, lmao. It's not THAT different from Brawl. You just need to play faster, you need to practice way more, and you have to learn more things, which are all things that I'm willing to do.

I still wanna play Brawl tho cus Brawl people are fun =D

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It's more than just playing faster Kaffei lol. Practice does make perfect. Frame data would also help. Sheik any particular secondaries you might try to deal with her somewhat bad match-up's like Jigglypuff?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Glutonny is quitting and there aren't enough videos that I can study & copy. That's the only way I can learn a character. Idk how to be creative I just copy.
Also, I'm kind of smh @ Brawl community right now they just argue about MK 24/7 it's annoying. I can't go to 1 Brawl event without some one complaining about MK.

Who cares if the metagame has tremendously progressed, lmao. It's not THAT different from Brawl. You just need to play faster, you need to practice way more, and you have to learn more things, which are all things that I'm willing to do.

I still wanna play Brawl tho cus Brawl people are fun =D
no point in playing kaffei.

u cant copy a player without knowing "why" they do the things they do. the best players base their actions way in advanced. basically intense yomi for highest level players combined with strong fundamentals

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i agree with u omni because I rewatch a part of a video over and over until i figure out why they did that or why they work & how i could use it in my own game.
Lemme just make something clear.. i dont copy just for the sake of copying.. that would be a waste of time lolz

ptzr i study frame data a LOT so that wont be a problem for me
as for jiggs i dont think she is that bad of a MU i will work on that

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
i agree with u omni because I rewatch a part of a video over and over until i figure out why they did that or why they work & how i could use it in my own game.
Lemme just make something clear.. i dont copy just for the sake of copying.. that would be a waste of time lolz

ptzr i study frame data a LOT so that wont be a problem for me
as for jiggs i dont think she is that bad of a MU i will work on that
Copying only gets you so far. Try spicing things up a bit, be Creative. Also, Sheik... vs Jiggs.. Oh gawd, any Aerial you do can be CC'd to a rest.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffETeSDrMzc
0:30
M2K spams uair when he's chasing Atila way above there
I didn't know why he was doing that and I rewatched it over and over to see why he did that. Then i realized that when you use uair right after a jump, you can repeat it and cancel the jumping animation (the wing flapping animation is slower than uair animation) so if you jump + uair repetaed you ACCELERATE up FASTER which ive never seen any other MK do.

and zant i dont agree i think m2k's sheik and armada's peach can be very very fast

Kaffei

Smash Hero
and yea ptzr there is a limit to how much i can copy (i think the stuff i can copy with mk is done) i just need to play better people and know how to adapt better and stuff.. but that will be a bit harder now that mk is banned in the unity ruleset

it's just that i dont have the ability to pick up a new character without copying first

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
and yea ptzr there is a limit to how much i can copy (i think the stuff i can copy with mk is done) i just need to play better people and know how to adapt better and stuff.. but that will be a bit harder now that mk is banned in the unity ruleset

it's just that i dont have the ability to pick up a new character without copying first
Just go to the lab, and think of stuff that you can see working.

I went to the lab with Pit countless times and figured some things out.

Top Bottom