• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, most of the characters he dismisses with single-word responses. Namely the Prince and Olimar, Two characters that I crave with a spoon.

Alright Mr. Crom. So you don't like some of the characters. Now tell me why in more than two sentences.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
diddy: He will be awsome and has 99% chance of appearing so I can't wait.
krystal: The most likely starfox addition and she would be really fun and unique with her staff.
dedede: He's Ok he's on my list mainly because he is so likely and he's a penguin.
ridley: Interesting, Fun and unique another winner.
sonic: Everyone loves sonic
ballon fighter: He needs a thread he's so cool.
geno: He would be great lots of fun.
megaman: I hate megaman, it's just a personal prefrence I hated the show and I hated Megaman 64.
wolf: He is so cool not as likely as Krystal though.
lucas: most likely Earthbound addition and he looks really different to Ness with the being thin and blonde thing.
olimar: Pikmin was ok so I wouldn't care either way.
stafy: He's a star so of course he would be cool but he's japan exclusive so he's meh
fawful: Unlikely but would be funny
tom nook: Animal Crossing Needs representation and Nook is the best way to do it.
hector: A guy with an axe *checks melee roster* nope don't have one of them yet so he wins.
skull kid: after vaati.
kamek: Eeew I hate Kamek he is a stinky old man but if the Yoshi series needs more representation than he would be perfect.
hitmonlee: I dunno he is ok I suppose but I don't want him in over Lucario or Meowth
paras: no I hate bug pokemon, stupid reason I know but still I don't like him
koopa troopa: He would be very fun and unique but very unlikely because they are widley known as generic.
prince: I hated that game, I hate the Prince, I just hate it.

also Crom I generally disagree with you especially on Waluigi

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
there are a few things that i have learned reading the last fourteen pages of this thread...

1) McFox's artistic skills are too good (show off :p)

2) Whatever McFox says is instantly 'cool'. (ahem, no one would have said 'GO PARAS' or whatever if McFox didn't say Paras rocked in the first place)

3) Tom Nook is wearing a suit? I thought he was just a bear thing... :(

DokturSea

Smash Lord
geno: Thought it was a stupid idea atfirst but after reading various posts from you about him I'll agree that he could make a good addition
aka "I saw everyone else liked him so I jumped on the bandwagon"

Same goes for Paras.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
there are a few things that i have learned reading the last fourteen pages of this thread...

1) McFox's artistic skills are too good (show off :p)

2) Whatever McFox says is instantly 'cool'. (ahem, no one would have said 'GO PARAS' or whatever if McFox didn't say Paras rocked in the first place)

3) Tom Nook is wearing a suit? I thought he was just a bear thing... :(
Yeah.

Once again, McFox, I remember that one episode, but Paras is a freakin' bug, spore or no spore. Hitmonlee would be way better.

Well, he is a squirrel, for one. In Animal Crossing, after you make a certain amount of money exchanges with Nook (buying and selling) he upgrades his store. The final upgrade tranforms it into a two story department store, and he then wears a suit, instead of an apron.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
megaman: I hate megaman, it's just a personal prefrence I hated the show and I hated Megaman 64.
Yea, well the show is extremely corny and Mega man 64 is far from the best mega man game and is considered by many including me to suck. I also don't like the legends series. However, have you ever played any of the original mega mans 1-8? or any of the Mega Man X's if you have then I am fine with your opinion, but if you haven't then you should pick up the Anniversery or X collection and give them a try. They are the better Mega Man games. Also the Battle Network games are good too. Mega Man and Bass is also pretty good along with MegamanZero.

Rabiteman

Smash Cadet
A little over here, a little over there, and maybe
Okay, McFox, awesome art, love fiery pit of doom.

Skullkid says Link smells like that fairy kid he met before.

........Tom Nook is a raccoon........the main problem I see is that his arms are so short. He'd probably have to have a shovel all the time like a sword or only use item-ish attacks. I personally don't want him in, but if he did get in.......he'd be a really interesting character. Beating people with a shovel would be really fun, hehehe.:grin:

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, McFox, awesome art, love fiery pit of doom.

Skullkid says Link smells like that fairy kid he met before.

........Tom Nook is a raccoon........the main problem I see is that his arms are so short. He'd probably have to have a shovel all the time like a sword or only use item-ish attacks. I personally don't want him in, but if he did get in.......he'd be a really interesting character. Beating people with a shovel would be really fun, hehehe.:grin:
Well short arms werent a problem for Kirby and any of the smaller Pokemon. Plus, Tom Nook uses tools, so that lengthens him out a lot.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Yeah.

Once again, McFox, I remember that one episode, but Paras is a freakin' bug, spore or no spore. Hitmonlee would be way better.

Well, he is a squirrel, for one. In Animal Crossing, after you make a certain amount of money exchanges with Nook (buying and selling) he upgrades his store. The final upgrade tranforms it into a two story department store, and he then wears a suit, instead of an apron.
Good job on calling what is OBVIOUSLY a racoon a squirrel.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
diddy: Diddy really was the man in all the Donkey Kong Country games. But recently it seems like the little monkey is more annoying then cool. Can't stand the racket he makes in Double Dash. If I saw Diddy in Brawl I would be happy, but if I didn't I am not sure if I would be disappointed. Maybe mildly.

krystal: I never played the new Star Fox games. She could add variety with her staff and magic, but otherwise I don't know too much about her to really want her in. Although personally I think she will make it.

dedede: Yea! I want more villains. A fat floater would be fun. But as long as he is not just a merger of the IC's and Kirby.

ridley: He would be incredible. Ridley VS Bowser fights would be great. Remeniscent of Japanese Monster movies. They already have the "King Kong vs Godzilla" style of Bowser and Dk. Ridley would be like Rodan. Fast ariel giant reptile to Bowser's slow strong tank build.

sonic: People wanted the Mario, Sonic fight since the dawn of time. Or at least 14 years ago.

ballon fighter: I think I would want villains first and maybe some more major characters, but I think the balloon fightersif made right could make such a fantastic cooky fighter.

geno: Eh. I never really liked Geno in the rpg. He was my least favorite character. Could have a bizarre moveset.

megaman: So many potential movesets and a good Samus rival.

wolf: I say Andross, then Falco, then either Kyrstal or Wolf. Wolf is the cooler looking character, but I am afraid his moveset would be too close to Fox's and Falco's (if he returns).

lucas: Looks just like Ness. What gives. Either pick Ness or Lucas, Sakurai.

olimar: Potential for a wacky fighting style. I say sure.

stafy: Looks ... boring. Kirby and Jiggs were just balls and they did have fun movesets, but I just don't see much potential in this star. Some simple designs are alright: like GandW, Kirbs, and Jigs but too much kinda takes the cool factor out of the game.

fawful: Blag. I liked the game he was in, but the guy is annoying.

tom nook: A merchant who uses his goods as weapons? Sounds wacky. I like it although I never played the game.

hector: I hate FE characters. They seem so boring with all their plain slashes. An axe is a cool weapon and Hector seems like the best choice from the series, but I would rather none appear.

skull kid: Never played game, but he looks creepy. The game could use an actual freakishly scary looking representative. Zelda characters are so bizarre, I love it.

kamek: I never thought of this choice. But Yoshi could use his own villain instead of sharing Mario's. I doubt he would be in, but very unpredictable but impressive pick.

hitmonlee or paras: I think four pokemon is a good number. Pichu could be replaced by almost any other non-electric, non-meowth pokemon and I would be happy.

koopa troopa: Not exciting for me. Toad would be a better pick because he was playable in one of Mario's main games.

prince: After reading Dotdotdot's forum and both his and McFox's ideas for the character I would have to say yes.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
o... Nook is a raccoon, i mean, a person in a raccoon suit? i always thought he was just a bear...

and as for your list:

A++ for having Ridley, Diddy, Dedede and Balloon Fighter.

I say yes to: Stafy, Geno, Olimar, Krystal, Wolf

Maybe: Hector, Skull Kid, Mega Man (not really a fan), Sonic, Nook, Fawful, Hitmonlee

Nah: Prince, Koopa Troopa, Lucas (prefer Flint)... anyone i missed out

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I feel bad, I've wasted so much time in Animal Crossing thinking he was a squirrel. I will never look at him the same way again. Now that it's been pointed out to me, it seems so obvious :urg:
Not raccoon, tanuki. Get it right.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Though I dont agree with some of your choices the pictures made this post largely entertaining. That last one was hilarious, you should update it from time to time.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Actually, what I SHOULD do is update with why I hate all the characters in the Fire Pit of Doom so that I'm not just a Negative Nancy. :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
diddy: Diddy really was the man in all the Donkey Kong Country games. But recently it seems like the little monkey is more annoying then cool. Can't stand the racket he makes in Double Dash. If I saw Diddy in Brawl I would be happy, but if I didn't I am not sure if I would be disappointed. Maybe mildly.
That's because Nintendo likes to undo what rare did *Looks at Mario vs DK*

someone at gamefaqs stole your pit of doom picture and claimed as his own McFox.

K-Cow

Smash Cadet
That'd be pretty cool. Lol, I agree with most of your choices, and you did pretty well in explaining the reasons for your choices.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I liked it, but not 50 other people making these kinds of threads so fast.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

someone at gamefaqs stole your pit of doom picture and claimed as his own McFox.
Mario vs Donkey Kong was basically a remake of the original Donkey Kong arcade. The only bad DK game I truly despised was Donkey Konga

I hope the guy who stole the pic get sent to thefiery pit of doom as well

parrothead

Smash Lord
Mario vs Donkey Kong was basically a remake of the original Donkey Kong arcade. The only bad DK game I truly despised was Donkey Konga

I hope the guy who stole the pic get sent to thefiery pit of doom as well
You are half-correct and half-incorrect. The gameplay of Mario VS. Donkey Kong is based on the original Game Boy title, Donkey Kong (mostly called "Donkey Kong '94", because it was released in 1994). Click here to read about it.

REØ

Smash Lord

lol, can you link us their xianfeng?
i want to see what the noobs at gamefags said

Crom

Smash Journeyman
What? How the hell is Stafy generic? I bet you don't even know anything about him.
You're right, I don't know anything about him and I'm not interested (there's characters I know nothing about that I would be interested in learning about; such as hector). The reason I said he looks generic is because.. he looks like a generic star. Oh hey, look, Stafy is at the top of the page, the "Members List" button. That's not him? Weird cause it looks exactly like Stafy.

Also, most of the characters he dismisses with single-word responses. Namely the Prince and Olimar, Two characters that I crave with a spoon.

Alright Mr. Crom. So you don't like some of the characters. Now tell me why in more than two sentences.
I just don't like some of those characters and I diden't feel like making a big post. I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just not interested in them. I feel that Katamari Damacy is overrated (still fun and awesome, just overrated), that's why I said no to him.. but I do think he would be better than alot of others on the list or even better than some of the current melee characters (pichu). For olimar, I've never heard of him and I don't like the way he looks.

aka "I saw everyone else liked him so I jumped on the bandwagon"

Same goes for Paras.
Yeah you're right about that Geno thing, I shoulden't change my opinions about anything, even if good points are made, because that would be jumping on the bandwagon. In all honesty I just diden't want to be negative about the whole list, though I don't think Geno would be so bad now after reading some of the idea's presented.

For Paras, I would LOVE to see him in brawl just to spite all the pokemon fans hoping for meowth and blaziken or whatever.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Improbable but Not Impossible Characters[/b

Hector
My only new Fire Emblem pick. I haven't actually played any FE games yet, but the games sound incredibly fun. You may be wondering why I didn't choose Ike (who everyone chooses), and my simple answer is that Ike is yet another sword user. I'd much rather have a guy with a big ole' ax to swing around. Yes to Hector.

Hector is not Lyn, therefore this idea fails....

Yes to hector, but only after Lyn (we needs the chicks after all) ..just look at her and tell m that she wounldn't pwn

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Okay, she wouldn't "pwn."

I picked Hector because he uses an ax. Like I said, I don't know anything about them. And I'd much rather someone who uses an ax over another sword.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Okay, she wouldn't "pwn."

I picked Hector because he uses an ax. Like I said, I don't know anything about them. And I'd much rather someone who uses an ax over another sword.
I will admit that, after Lyn, he is the best FE Lord, but Lyn's still better IMO

(and I never said OMG lyn is so hawt whoever said she wasn't too good looking I merely commenting that the female to male ratio is pretty skewed and, while it shouldn't make a difference, it really does up her chances)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I still prefer Nephenee over them, but it's mainly because the only Fire Emblem game I've played is PoR. I want to play some of the older ones, I just don't have the resources (time, consoles, and money) to play them.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Besides, if people wanted a FE character based on looks, there's only one person we could possibly choose.

Vaida for Brawl! *dies*

Top Bottom