• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!

zuloon

Smash Journeyman

This is the picture I was using as a reference for Megaman. I'd say it's fairly accurate.
Now I know why it looks so ugly... lol nice reference pic. "I'd say it's fairly accurate." XD!

Shark X

Smash Lord
What? Where the hell is Toad?

Diddy is like the one character you can almost garuentee(yeah I can't spell the word) will be in here.

Krystal, Sonic, Geno, Megaman, Wolf, Skull Kid, and Kamek hell yeah.

Dedede and Ridly, like Diddy, I don't care for, but honestly believe they belong in the SSB game series.

Koopa Troopa, although I don't believe should be in this game at all (especially before Toad, Kamek, and Birdo), I honestly don't have any problems with him, as Koopa Troopa's have always been adorable, and used to be my favorite enemies, as well as my favorite racer in Super Mario Kart (even though I never once used him in Double Dash).

Anyone I didn't mention, well, thats because I didn't want to mention them...that, or never heard of them *coughHectorFawfulStarfyLucascough*

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yoshi and all Pokemon make the "generic" argument moot. And no, Kafei could not kick Skull Kid's but. Kafei can roll, chop, and stand on buttons. Skull Kid can make the freaking moon crash into the earth. And your "whoop-de-doo" argument could easily be turned around on you, as I will demonstrate. Kafei is just some ****** who happened to wear a mask. Whoop-de-doo. And I'm sorry, but Kafei is a very, very minor character who appears in a sidestory of one game. Skull Kid appears in a side story in one game, becomes the main villain of another, and is apparently going to be present in another game.
Come on, use your imagination. I was just citing the fact that Kafei can fight as a means to prove that he could fight in Smash. Besides, there have been characters that have had movesets completely made up for them before. I've actually made a complete moveset for Kafei that I feel could work very well in Smash.

Now, about Skull Kid. He's a wimp and he sucks. Why? Because Skull Kid never had any power whatsoever. Majora's Mask did. Majora's Mask was the one possesing Skull Kid. Majora's Mask was the one who tried to crash the moon into Termina. Majora's Mask was the final boss of the game. Take away the mask and all you've got is a scarecrow with a flute. Ooh! I'm scared!

kaid

Smash Master
The character concept McFox supports is, Skull kid HAS the mask, AND the mask has the tentacles that the final boss (sans skullkid) had. It is essentially a fusion of the mask's different forms.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Kafei isn't a bad idea, and neither is Skull Kid. Simply it all comes down to what Sakurai prefers.

Did anybody expect ZELDA? (not Sheik, Zelda) She never fought EVER, wasn't even PLAYABLE, and yet she appeared in full fighting form.

Anything is a possibility.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Did anybody expect ZELDA? (not Sheik, Zelda) She never fought EVER, wasn't even PLAYABLE, and yet she appeared in full fighting form.
What the hell do you mean 'not Sheik', Zelda fought way more than Sheik has. Another few good examples you could of used were Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Dr. Mario, and Pichu. **** right I said Pichu.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
By the way, I was able to find the information about the Skull Kid appearing in Twilight Princess:

Skull Kid - A regular in the N64 Zelda games, he became a major character in Majora's Mask, but it is still unknown what kind of role he will play in this game. It is, however, known that Skull Kid will be Link's enemy in Twilight Princess, as he is seen blowing a musical instrument that summons the Skull Kid Creatures. He is also seen here holding a lantern, leaving no space for him to carry any weapons of his own. Perhaps this tells us that you will not be fighting Skull Kid directly, but will instead be only fighting the monsters he summons.

Skull Kid Creatures - These creepy creatures are summoned by the Skull Kid's musical instrument. Their weird smile is very off-putting, but do not be fooled - they are definitely your enemies! The Skull Kid Creatures hover in mid-air with their limbs hanging at strange angles, and the best way to defeat them is to parry around them and jump up to slash at their backs. They have the same kind of style to them as the Skull Kid, and this could suggest that we will only see them when the Skull Kid is near to summon them.

Those are both pictures from a trailer.

So now Skull Kid summons stuff too. Kafei can summon yellow foxes that ask riddles? Skull Kid summons monsters who (ironically enough) have numerous tentacles with which to attack you.

Sorry, but Kafei sucks. At least Sheik was a ninja. Kafei was a little kid who stood on switches, and could also (gasp!) roll and slap things.

D

Deleted member

I hate it when people bring up the 'single-game' thing.

True, they may have slightly less chance, but as long as their something unusual, unique, reasonably well liked, or played a large part in the plot, then the chances of a cameo are still high.

What's so apparently wrong with Kafei?

No flamez from Vaati/ Skull Kid supporters, please.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Kafei really doesn't really stand out as much of a fighter to me personally. To be honest, he's really just a normal human boy (well technically he's not, but I don't want to spoil). Granted he does wear the keaton mask, but while Keatons themselves are cool, his mask didn't give him any special attributes of the Keatons, as apposed to Skull Kid who gained powers from Majora's mask.

I personally don't mind who between Skull Kid or Vaati should get in, as long as one of them does. They seem like the most obvious choice for another Zelda character (no offence WG, I like Ralph but I really wouldn't say his chances are high)

D

Deleted member

Aye, aye. I was just making a point. I still prefer Skull Kid over Vaati, but I'd take Ralph as a backup over C-Link (too many Links snap the chain :()

That wasn't really about that anyway, but more about characters like Takamaru, who've appeared in only one series, and with only one game. They kinda deserve to be seen again.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well Takamaru has the advantage of being the star of a classic game (granted in Japan only,but Sakurai's still shown interest in him), so just because he's appeared in one game doesn't rule him out. I'd say the 'single-game' arguement really applies towards characters who've only appeared once in a long running series like Zelda (which is the arguement against Kafei, who so far has only played a minor role in one game of a series that has over 10 games). I'd say characters like Takamaru (main charcters of classic retro games like Pit and Ice Climbers) still have a shot.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
burn burn burn!

(is talking about toadsworth and minun/plusle)
minun/slash plusle should definatly burn, pichu was enouph

*my sister shoots herself after reading this*

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Of course they could make a moveset that COULD work for Smash. ANYONE can have a moveset that works for Smash. But that doesn't mean it SHOULD. Kafei was in a single game, and he'll probably never appear again. The Skull Kid is a recurring character in the Zelda universe (OoT, MM, and now TP), and like kaid said, my thoughts on how he should work takes all the power of Majora's forms and all the style of the Skull Kid that those forms lack, and fuses them into a single fighting entity.
Correction: Skull Kids have been recurring in Zelda games. Not the skull kid from MM. There were several of them in the Lost Woods of OoT, and by the look of those pics, its highly doubtful the skull kids in TP hold any connection to those of OoT, or the one of MM. If you read close enough, you'll see that they never even give him a proper name. He's always reffered to as 'the skull kid' or 'that skull kid' in MM. Not once is Skull Kid actually accepted as his name.

And, the way I see it, it doesn't really matter if Kafei only had one game (so does your skull kid, if you follow my logic). I still firmly hold my postion that being the only playable character in the entire Zelda franchise that isn't Link or some form of Link counts for much more than 'being a cool villain'. I can even prove, if you'd like, that Nintendo does consider Kafei to be a very important character and that he has not been forgotten. I still stand by my statement that Kafei is the best choice for any new Zelda character. Don't get me wrong, I'll admit that the skull kid would be cool, but Kafei needs to come first.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Obviously this is something that we simply are not going to agree on, so I won't continue arguing. But, purely to satisfy my curiosity, I'd like to know where else Kafei has appeared. I was under the impression that he was a character made only for Majora's Mask.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Obviously this is something that we simply are not going to agree on, so I won't continue arguing. But, purely to satisfy my curiosity, I'd like to know where else Kafei has appeared. I was under the impression that he was a character made only for Majora's Mask.
Very well. We'll call it a draw. Also, I didn't mean to sound like I meant Kafei was in another game. He wasn't. What I meant was he has had representation in a more recent game. In Animal Crossing, the player can acquire both Kafei and Anju's outfits for their character to wear. While it's not much, it's enought to prove that Kafei hasn't been forgotten.

:EDIT: Here's a video showing those outfits, just to show you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5XuVb_GJE

Lucris

Smash Rookie
Ehh, thanks Mcfox. No longer will I attempt to make threads on characters, commenting on them is more my thing. Anyways....

I agree with, well pretty much all of your characters (Other then Geno, because I've never played enough of Super Mario RPG to know who Geno is...it's on my to-do list, okay? xD) I do personally think Paras would be cool...not because of your reasons, but simply because he can crawl. WHERE ARE ALL THE CRAWLING THINGS IN SMASH BROS? And I'm especially faithful of Dedede and Skull Kid, for the fact that any Kirby character is cool irregardless, and that Skull Kid is one of the creepiest looking Nintendo characters ever...who doesn't appreciate that?

Oh...and Tom Nook FTW. Nothing is better than shovel ownage.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I've been skimming through that argument about Skull Kid and Vatti not really paying any attention but I did notice that someone brought up the one game point. If anyone here supports Geno and then uses the argument that I just stated than you my friend are very dumb. We support Geno because of his coolness, powers, attitude, etc. and are willing to argue why he should be in despite his one major role in one game. He ranks high on Sakurai's Poll so obviously nobody cares how many games he has been on. This is a game from 10 years ago and he is still this popular even though he was in 1 game (2 if you count cameos). I am just saying that it dissapoints me when I see Geno supporters use this argument. Also, I am not that familiar with LoZ games as I am strictly a Mario fan and I was just saying that the argument itself is foolish when using that point but that is the only counter point I can offer.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
McFox
Hitmonlee
One of my Pokemon picks based completely on the cool factor (and you know what my other pick is, if you've been here for more than a day). Hitmonlee has something that can't be defined, much like Fonzie or Jack Black. You KNOW they're awesome, but you can't really explain why. That's how it is with Hitmonlee.
Hitmonlee can't make a jukebox play a song by hitting it.

Why would Blaziken die in the fire?

Blazer

Smash Ace
Correction: Skull Kids have been recurring in Zelda games. Not the skull kid from MM. There were several of them in the Lost Woods of OoT, and by the look of those pics, its highly doubtful the skull kids in TP hold any connection to those of OoT, or the one of MM. If you read close enough, you'll see that they never even give him a proper name. He's always reffered to as 'the skull kid' or 'that skull kid' in MM. Not once is Skull Kid actually accepted as his name.
QUOTE]

Wrong. The game at some point states that Link had met this skull kid before and infers to him being the skull kid that you play music with directly to your left when you enter the lost woods. I no longer own MM so I can't quote it but if I have to I'll borrow it from a friend and play it again.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Blazer's right. The Skull Kid mentions that "you look like that fairy kid from the Lost Woods" in the ending.
He's also friends with the Giants you summon to save Termina (from the ending, as well as Anju's Grandma), making him a very crucial part of the storyline.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong definitely needs to be in. I mean, he can play a guitar, has pistols that shoot peanuts, AND he can fly around in a jetpack made of wood.

Dedede is a penguin... that's reason enough. Plus, he's a penguin with a big hammer. And Sakurai made him, so he knows he's a penguin. He'll be in for sure.

I agree with the Buring Pit of Doom 100%. Burn! Burn! Muhahahaha...hehehe...haha...

*5 minutes later*

Paras was kinda random. Actually, a LOT random... I do remember that episode though! Hitmonlee, however, is a great choice. Fighting pokemon for a fighting game, it's a no-brainer. High-Jump-Kick FTW!

If another Zelda character was to be in the game, I hope it would be Skull Kid. DokturSea convinced me of that in his thread.

I don't have any real problems with anyone on your list.
Except that...

Once again, Tom Nook returns. Animal Crossing has nothing to do with fighting. Tom Nook sells you a house and runs the department store. Tom Nook is not a major character. Finally, the most important flaw of your specific Tom Nook:

He's wearing a stupid outfit! He would definitely wear the buisness suit from Nookington's if was in Brawl. :chuckle: In all seriousness, Tom Nook could be a unique character, but I think others deserve a spot before him - that's the main reason I would not include him.

MUAHAHAHAHA!!! BURN!

Edit: Yoshi shouldn't have anything to do with the generic argument. One, specific, green-colored Yoshi is THE Yoshi. The only other Yoshi's I would specifically recognize are the seven from Yoshi's story. The rest are just to give Yoshi a place, and are not really important besides backround. Yoshi super-mass-stampede for brawl!

P.S. Sorry if I repeated anyone's ideas, I responded directly to McFox's first post.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
While I don't care if he makes it or not, but saying that Tom Nook doesn't have a chance because he's never been in a fight is idiotic, and flies in the face of really original characters like Fox McCloud, Captain Falcon and Mr. Game & Watch.

Though if Animal Crossing gets representation, than I'll be hoping for Tom Nook.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
While I don't care if he makes it or not, but saying that Tom Nook doesn't have a chance because he's never been in a fight is idiotic, and flies in the face of really original characters like Fox McCloud, Captain Falcon and Mr. Game & Watch.

Though if Animal Crossing gets representation, than I'll be hoping for Tom Nook.
Fox McCloud has definitely been in a fight. He flys a jet, for one thing, and if you don't think that counts, look at Starfox: Assault for reasurance. He also uses close combat in Starfox Adventures. Captain Falcon is a interglactic crime-fighter on the side, if you didn't know. I don't believe he ever actually physically fights, but he does fight. And he races F-Zero tracks at hundreds of miles per hour.

Well, you got me with Mr. Game and Watch. He did bash moles with hammers (I think that was the insperation for Judgement) but that is about it.

Also, I didn't say he didn't have a chance. I said that, in all seriousness (meaning the previous was not serious) I believe many other characters have a much better chance of getting in before him, and I would exclude him before many others. I also said he could be a unique character.

P.S. Please read my post before you insult it. :mad:

P.P.S. I can understand if you say, "look at Cpt. Falcon and Mr.G&W, they don't fight", but Fox? Que`?

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Funny, last I remember, Star Fox Assault and Star Fox Adventures came out waaaaay after the original Super Smash Bros. Why, Fox directly refrences his blaster which was originally Smash Bros. only in Adventures and I assume (you can call foul here, as I haven't been bothered to play assault as I was told it wasn't worth my time or money) that he incorperates some of his moves from Smash Bros. into Assault like his blaster. Like Captain Falcon using Falcon Punch in the F-Zero anime.

And that idiot comment wasn't even directed at you, it was more directed at EVERYBODY who kept on saying that Tom Nook didn't have a chance, whiich, if you believe that he does have a chance, shouldn't even concern you.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Funny, last I remember, Star Fox Assault and Star Fox Adventures came out waaaaay after the original Super Smash Bros.

And that idiot comment wasn't exactly directed at you, it was more directed at EVERYBODY who kept on saying that Tom Nook didn't have a chance.
Funny, last I remember, Fox flew an arwing waaaaay before the original Super Smash Bros. And in Starfox 64, you could get out of the arwing and fight on the ground in multiplayer. Besides, this isn't about SSB, it is about SSBB.

In that case, I apologize for taking your post too personally. Still, I would prefer you just said "I disagree" before "your post is idiotic"...unless I really do act like a dumb***, in which case you can call me out. :laugh:

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Whatever, this is derailing the topic, and neither of us have actually done anything to intentionally offend each other. Truce? :)

Crom

Smash Journeyman
diddy: Not a big fan but he would make a good addition
krystal: Not interested /doesn't seem likely
dedede: Dedede is the man
ridley: boring
sonic: I used to kind of like sonic before I came to these boards, but people just rate him too high, he's not that cool
ballon fighter: would be better than sonic
geno: Thought it was a stupid idea atfirst but after reading various posts from you about him I'll agree that he could make a good addition
megaman: Not bad, megaman is pretty cool
wolf: one of my favorites out of all you're suggestions; I think he would have a better chance than krysatl too.
lucas: he looks just like ness... boring
olimar: nah
stafy: generic
fawful: I like him, seems pretty cool
tom nook: idk could be funny, but.. I would rather not have representation from animal crossing (thats what hes from right?)
hector: Awesome
skull kid: no
kamek: no
hitmonlee: I dont like pokemon, but this would be better than any other pokemon included so far
paras: except for paras, king of the nintendo universe
koopa troopa: eh sure, koopas own
prince: NO!

---

I agree with your entire list of characters in the fire except for one..

WALUIGI 4 LYFE!!!!!!!!

top 5 from your list:
#1 Paras
#2 Hector
#3 Wolf
#4 WALUIGI
#5 Fawful

Top Bottom